The Gonzo has art.

The Great Gonzo · 776550

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2125 on: December 05, 2010, 08:10:56 AM
Poor Mega always getting to scanty costumes in any universe.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2126 on: December 06, 2010, 08:20:36 AM
Poor Mega always getting to scanty costumes in any universe.

Yeah... XD

First-ever fanart for this game, which is still in the early stages? Possibly.

More of an experimental piece than anything; this has a lot to do with the trailer as described by the one fellow who saw it (mostly in that people are falling from the sky).

But what's (hooded) Xion doing there? After hearing that the Sora in the game is not the one we are familiar with, I theorized that "he's" actually Xion; KH3D may concern what she goes through in limbo, or what her dreams are like. (At least, I'm hoping that my theory has credence and that it's not just Data Sora. No KH:ReC spoilers, by the way. Please)

The BG was an attempt at noctilucent clouds; the brushes I used on the Three Amigos and Xion are by ~ShiftyJ, ~rubina119, and *Axeraider70. (And before anyone points it out, the lack of glow on Xion was deliberate)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2127 on: December 06, 2010, 09:29:29 AM
I like the abstractness of this piece.
Sketchy too.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2128 on: December 15, 2010, 11:29:42 PM
Thanks. :)

KH junk.
Bat-junk.

This was sitting on my scanner for too long.

I must've been thinking about Archie Megaman one night, because I had a dream of how it might play out. Apparently, a green-haired Rock was in a band along with Roll, Human!Sally, and Human!Amy.

Except I already at least know that the comic will closely follow the games.

The green-haired fellow became a separate character (Avant G.?); perhaps he took over the job of Megaman while Rock was attending school?

So, there was this anime/manga ban proposed by Shintaro Ishihara (who is a horrible person, but more on that later), designed to eliminate certain content (most of it sexual) from the two mediums. Real-person stuff is okay though, for some reason.

It was passed into law on December 15th. That is, today.

It won't go into effect until July 2011, but Panty and Stocking here are already counting down the days until they're either canceled or retooled. Given the nature of the show, probably the former.

Now, remember Ishihara? He hates homosexuals, foreigners, manga-ka, and anyone else who's not voting for him (I'm assuming that last one, but honestly, will anyone in the first and last group vote for him after this?) He also wrote a book containing much of the same content that his new law prohibits, up to and including gang [twin slasher] (but apparently no gay stuff because that would be, you know, gross). HE IS A DAMNED HYPOCRITE.

Seems a lot of people on Pixiv agree with the much shorter description I had for this pic over there. Two favs in 110 views already--very unusual for my art.

*sigh* 2011 is gonna suck.

["Dissidia-esque" is w]hat Sora and Rock's designs were meant to be, but for the most part I think it's hard to notice.

'Twas trying out another set of coloured pencils--they were Mom's from when we were living in California, which was forever ago. I dunno if I just used the wrong side of the paper, but they were a bit hard to use (and looked much better after I adjusted the brightness and all).

Rock's Keyblade is another form of the Ultima Weapon, and like the Ultima Weapon, has no plot significance.

The blonde girl, Sakuya, belongs to ~Sakuyamon and was added on a whim. She's Sora's sister, and I believe much of her story revolves around trying to find him and Kairi.

Hurf. Christmas is next week...

Offline MrBaryl

• A new Shooting Star.
  • B-Class Hunter
  • "Everything for you"
    • View Profile

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2130 on: December 16, 2010, 04:42:02 AM
Oh well.
I guess that expression is most fitting for Panty and Stocking.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2131 on: December 17, 2010, 07:12:05 AM
Yeah...

I blame BTAS's version of Robin (Dick Grayson) for giving me my "people who have their eyes covered or are wearing shades" fetish. Yes.

--uh, Robins. Lots of them. Turns out there were more than I thought, and a lot of them are just alternate versions of Dick and Tim.

From left to right: Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, Carrie Kelley, Tim Drake, Robert Chang, and Damian Wayne (the last two are kinda in the same space). Hanging from the ceiling is Roberta, who was the first female Robin--in the 1950s, meaning she got hit with a train full of sexism. Damn.

Robert Chang, to the best of my knowledge, was a temp. He's from "Batman: Digital Justice", which combined hand-drawn(?) art with digital renders. It came out in 1990 or so, thus all those renders look like something out of The Mind's Eye, pre-smoothed-out.

Why'd I include him? Same reason for including Roberta--for the hell of it.

Drawn mostly for those stockings. And I suppose having the Kingdom Key revert to that Soul-Eater-esque thing counts as "depowered".

Spawned from a dream (SHOCKER) about a KH OVA wherein Riku was the hero and Sora was the fellow-in-distress. And his inexplicable stockings referenced Roxas for some reason.

man, I'd like to see a KH OVA. ._.

Offline MrBaryl

• A new Shooting Star.
  • B-Class Hunter
  • "Everything for you"
    • View Profile
Reply #2132 on: December 17, 2010, 07:29:36 AM
Absolutely no love for Batman :P

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2133 on: December 17, 2010, 07:31:55 AM
Wow... Those stockings on Sora.
Just wow.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2134 on: December 17, 2010, 08:17:09 AM
You know, i always wondered what those "super hero mask white eyes" were supposed to be or how the hell they work.

Nowadays, Im guessing, in a similar way to Bat's special mask near the end of Dark Knight...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #2135 on: December 17, 2010, 01:55:11 PM
That's a lot of Robin...

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2136 on: December 19, 2010, 08:11:02 PM
:)

~Proto165 asked nicely. Not too elaborate, but I hope he likes it anyway. :)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2137 on: December 20, 2010, 06:35:51 AM
That is one happy snow Pacman.

Offline borockman

• Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2138 on: December 20, 2010, 06:42:03 AM
Too bad there is no ghost around.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2139 on: December 20, 2010, 06:44:03 AM
There are.
They just melted.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2140 on: December 21, 2010, 05:04:03 AM
Heh. XD

Cheesy title is cheesy.

Remember that horribly-scanned page in my scraps depicting Rock and Proto in "superhero" garb that isn't Spider-themed? This would be those outfits in colour.

Dangit, Rock shrunk in the wash again. >.>

(Yes, Proto's wearing purple. It was either purple and gray or something out of your early-90s nightmares.)

Anyone remember DC and Marvel's Amalgam universe? I don't, because I was too young to read the comics then.

Essentially, two superbeings who represent DC and Marvel become aware of each other, want to be top dog, have the heroes of their universes fight, other things other things other things THIS.

Darkclaw (real name Logan Wayne) stands in the blue void as he contemplates snikting you, while Sparrow sits atop his shoulders looking out of place. (I think Robin and Jubilee were the only different-gender smushings in the series)

Attempted to ink/colour this like the cover I was using for reference; might've turned out better if I used gradients. :/

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2141 on: December 21, 2010, 06:58:39 AM
Since Rock shrunk, Proto should be put in the wash too.

Also, that second pic.
Darkclaw looks more pissed than he's letting on.

Offline borockman

• Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2142 on: December 21, 2010, 07:02:47 AM
I like the texture on the second picture there.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2143 on: December 24, 2010, 06:35:05 AM
:)

OK, so "ensemble" doesn't really mean "a group of heroes", but it was the only title to come to mind.

At center stands the Batman, being all SRS BSNS as usual. To his left (our right) are Robin, Proto, and Rock (the latter two wearing post-Gotham costumes); to his right (our left) is Superman, Superwoman (a.k.a. Roll), and Kalinka.

I've been entertaining the idea of Roll going to Metropolis while her brothers are in Gotham; somehow, she gains the ability to fly (I'd say red Kryptonite, but I dunno if it'd work on robots) and works alongside Supes. (Perhaps Wily tried taking over Metropolis?)

Showed this to Dad before scanning it; he thought Supes and Bats looked too young. (Still liked it, though) That's what happens when I prefer my men feminine. ;_;

Offline borockman

• Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2144 on: December 24, 2010, 07:19:53 AM
Oh I like em young.

... do I sound like an old man yet?

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2145 on: December 25, 2010, 03:27:28 AM
Roll's Superwoman... Interesting.
Looks really good.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2146 on: December 26, 2010, 11:25:09 PM
Oh I like em young.

... do I sound like an old man yet?

Maybe. XD

Looks really good.

Thanks. :)

Art front's a bit slow right now, so here's a photo I took with one of my sisters' cameras:

Very blurry and nasty since I didn't use a tripod, but I don't want to bother her about the camera again.

'Tis my Riku and Sora PA figures hanging out. (Fun fact: Sora is ALWAYS holding that Keyblade) I do have Kairi, but that figure's of her KH2 school uniform, and thus her being next to their KH1 selves would make no sense.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2147 on: December 26, 2010, 11:39:31 PM
I do have Kairi, but that figure's of her KH2 school uniform, and thus her being next to their KH1 selves would make no sense.

That would make a great timeskip WTF moment dar. These figures aren't half-bad really.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2148 on: December 27, 2010, 05:34:47 AM
True, and they are...

Name taken from the would've-been fifth Batman movie (not counting the 40's serial-things, the 60's Adam West movie, or the Dark Knight Trilogy).

Gotham City isn't such a bad place...in the day. Come nightfall, all the criminals and bastards come out to play--"play" inevitably meaning "terrorize the innocent". Thankfully, Gotham has three sets of defenders: the police, in particular Commissioner Jim Gordon; Batman and his two wards, Nightwing and Robin; and Batwoman, with her friends Batgirl and Spoiler.

The latter two sets are both mirror matches and rivals, always trying to outdo the other. Detailing their exploits is reporter Hideo Miyazaki, brought over from the Daily Planet; unfortunately for him, he's always getting caught in between them.

* Batman: Same as always, really.

* Dick and Alec Grayson: Nightwing and Robin, respectively. They and their parents were known as the Flying Graysons until they ran afoul of mob boss Tony Zucco...

* Jim Gordon: Head of the Gotham City Police Department.

* Batwoman: Real name Alyssa Strong, she had a falling-out with her parents while in college; it's possible that she created the Batwoman persona as a means to control her own life.

* Batgirl: Barbara Gordon, niece of Jim Gordon; she pretended to be Batman's partner during a rally, but ended up siding with Batwoman instead.

* Spoiler: Stephanie Brown; her father, the Cluemaster, shipped her off to military school before she could out him as a criminal. Her mother quickly brought her back, but the damage was done. Some time later, she would join Batwoman and Batgirl.

* Hideo Miyazaki: Went Metropolis to Gotham. Wishes he'd stayed in Metropolis. Though his parents are Japanese, he only speaks English.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2149 on: December 27, 2010, 06:57:10 AM
Very Bat-tastic!  8)