The Mega Man Legends 3 movements

Sigma Zero X · 7121

Poll

If you did support the Mega Man Legends 3 movements, what was your most important reason?

I love the Mega Man Legends series, and I was looking forward to Legends 3
14 (93.3%)
I did not play the Mega Man Legends games, but I wanted to give Legends 3 a chance
0 (0%)
I did not like the Mega Man Legends games, but I wanted to give Legends 3 a chance
0 (0%)
I did not like the Legends games, I only supported the other Mega Man series
0 (0%)
I like the Legends games, but did not care for Legends 3
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: June 21, 2012, 07:12:34 AM
yeah the broken dash wall kick physics were facepalm worthy.

My favorite part I have to admit is the boss rematch chamber. It's just so wonderfully eerie and creepy for what you would expect in any Mega Man game, I love it so much. "Soul asylum" indeed. I still wonder just what the [tornado fang] that room is supposed to be.

EDIT:

BY THE WAY, LOOKIE WHAT JUST POPPED OUTTA CAPCOM FOR THE 25th...
http://www.rockmancorner.com/2012/06/capcom-reveals-25th-anniversary-music.html

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: June 21, 2012, 07:51:45 AM
Huh, trying to appeal to fans of classic yet again, with music that is easily available online (Though the official release of the Complete Works remixes is a nice touch, leaving MM&B out isn't.)

The packaging looks nice, though. They really should continue this with sets for X and Zero, at least. Though that price is far too steep.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: June 21, 2012, 09:38:21 AM
[tornado fang] that noise.
They should release some awesome remix album... a huge one...

[spoiler]For the Legends/X series[/spoiler]

BUT NOOOO IT'S BETTER TO [tornado fang]ing MILK THE BLIND BITCHES WHO EAT THIS KIND OF [parasitic bomb] UP!
C'MON YOU STUPID MANCOWS! GENERATE SOME MORE MONEYMILK FOR DADDY CAPCOM! HE NEEDS THESE FUNDS FOR... HE NEEDS THESE FUNDS.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: June 21, 2012, 04:20:49 PM
yeah the broken dash wall kick physics were facepalm worthy.

My favorite part I have to admit is the boss rematch chamber. It's just so wonderfully eerie and creepy for what you would expect in any Mega Man game, I love it so much. "Soul asylum" indeed. I still wonder just what the [tornado fang] that room is supposed to be.

Oh, I forgot to mention 3D mode's movement speeds were too damn slow. They turned them down to match 2D mode, which made 3D mode clunky.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: June 22, 2012, 09:41:41 AM
Well, as far as the actual Legends 3 movements are concerned, at least they're doing [parasitic bomb]. Not the least of which is the continuation of Devroom activities with NeoDevroom contests, but they also actually reached their 100,000 Facebook mark. Whether or not their activity will move Capcom to release Legends 3, though, I believe is slightly besides the point. For whom is the 100,000 movement actually for? It's for the fans. It's to energize them and get them to be active. It's for them to network with likeminded fans. It's for gaming fans in general. With this networking and activity, notice may grow. Gradually, but surely it can grow. I think the big reason people don't give the 100,000 Group the time of day is because not only did they take too long to reach 100,000 likes--and thereby embarrassing themselves to the gaming community in comparison with Ono's 500,000+ fan support for Darkstalkers 4--but people simply don't believe in their capacity to fulfill their stated goal: to "get" Capcom to restart Legends 3 and release the Prototype. I think we've seen enough to conclude that you can't really "get" Capcom to do anything via fan activism. So what should be the stated goal of a group like 100,000 Strong?

To show their love for the game. To exist for the sake of the fans.

These are the implicit goals and functions of the group, to my understanding. I think if the group levels with the rest of the cynical gaming population that says, "Look, guys, you can't just make this happen," and admits, "Yeah, probably. But we thinks it's worth it to try anyways and have fun while doing it." I think that's the key. To admit the hopelessness of the situation and refuse to let that sap their energy and enthusiasm for what they love.

Refraining from trying to convert other gamers to Legends with defensive language also helps too.

Offline Sigma Zero X

• Cool Mirage Diver
  • Robot Master
  • "Here We Go!"
    • View Profile
    • Sigma Zero X's Mega Man X Videos
Reply #30 on: June 26, 2012, 06:38:26 AM
Um... I liked Legends 2 but didnt care much when Legends 3 got cancelled? WHY ISNT THAT IN THE POLL

Sorry, I was busy for several days, but I added the option if you cared to vote.

It's what bugs me the MOST about X7.

The potential was there, the game looked good, the underlying concept of X in 3D was there and worked more or less, it just needed fine tuning. They needed to take what worked in X7, and play with it.

Command Mission came out right after, and while it was a completely different gameplay style, it still seemed to improve on some of X7. Cutscenes were all cinematic for the first time since X4, using in game models, the 3D world felt immersive, the areas unique and well thought out, and nice to look at, and the actual gameplay was fun. And overall the game felt like the dev team really enjoyed making it. The amount of detail and thought that went into it tells me as much. Of course you can barely compare it to any other X game, but still.

Then X8 comes out and it's just a 2.5D X game with bland forgettable level design, terrible gameplay choices, (putting every single item into the shop therefore killing much of the stage replay value). Graphically, I still say X7 looks better than it- a lot of the music just felt too samey to me, and only some of the OST stands out IMO. And overall, X8 just doesnt feel like it has anywhere as much soul as the previous games. It just feels too alien compared to previous 2D entries. Even X7's 2D sections felt more traditional X series than X8.

Aaaaaand.... we never got another X game past X8.

It bugs me they never tried to fix the 3D formula for another try. It's what the franchise really needed.

I agree with everything you said about X7. 

For Command Mission, leaving out Massimo, Marino, and Cinnamon out of cutscenes most of the time was a real bad idea. 

As far as X8 goes, I like the shop idea, but Legends 1, Legends 2, and Command Mission did it better.  X8 is one of my favorite Mega Man games though.

Agreed on X7. X7's 3D gameplay engine was actually really good. What killed the game was: a really awful camera, trying to shoehorn 2D mode in, and a lack of polish. The game played really well in 3D mode. Wall kicking felt solid, aiming was intuitive, and attacks were calibrated nicely for 3D space.

The 2D mode was most of the problem. The 3D calibrated attacks (especially Zero's) were not very effective in 2D. When you dash wall jumped, you were forced to land lower than where you jumped (not necessarily a 2D mode only issue though, but much more apparent here). Auto aim in 2D was way overpowered.

Axl's damage ratios and lack of auto fire (if I recall correctly) was way out of whack too. X8 did him infinitely better.

Sigh. It's depressing to think what could have been, versus what we got. Such a large gap.

I agree with the cool aspects of the 3D mode, especially during the fight against Red at Crimson Palace.  But the 3D mode was not beneficial in the fights against Ride Boarski and Snipe Anteator.

As far as the 2D mode goes, it is pretty good, but it was annoying during the fights against Wind Crowrang and Sigma's first form, especially with the latter on Hard.

Despite Axl's weak damage output, he has 2 major advantages:

First, his regular shot of the G-Launcher has great power, size, and infinite ammo.

Finally, Axl's barrel roll in X7 is completely invincible to any attack, including contact damage, though there is a very small recovery time.  Although his barrel roll in X8 covered more range and has no recovery time, the roll is no longer invincible against physical attacks (sword or fist) and contact damage. 

Oh, I forgot to mention 3D mode's movement speeds were too damn slow. They turned them down to match 2D mode, which made 3D mode clunky.

As much as I love Mega Man X7, I have to agree with you about the clunkiness.  No such clunkiness existed in any 3D area when I played Mega Man Legends 1 and Mega Man Legends 2. 

"Well.  This is just delightful!" - Marino, from Mega Man X Command Mission