Wreck It Ralph

Flame · 10348

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
on: June 12, 2012, 07:55:43 AM
Im kinda surprised this doesnt have it's own topic yet.

How awesome does this look? Cant wait.

So here's the trailer which we've all seen,

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHDQHVkYq4g[/youtube]

and heres the screenshots that show us once again the Megaman franchise seems to have been snubbed.

Oh, and here's the website, complete with a playable Fix it Felix game.

http://disney.go.com/wreck-it-ralph/#/fixitfelix

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 08:03:05 AM
WARNING.

INCOMING GAME.

WARNING.

INCOMING GAME.

As for Wily... I guess he couldn't get his green card.  Or, a more realistic explanation... Disney simply doesn't own the license to Megaman.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 08:17:48 AM
Doesn‘t really make sense though, why even model him in the first place? I seriously doubt they‘d start doing it before getting permission. It makes no sense that they can get permission for Streeet Fighter, Mario, Sonic, Mortal Kombat, etc., but not for Megaman :/

That said, I can‘t wait for this movie :D

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 11:08:27 PM
So...

... is Wily in the final movie?  Somewhere?  Anywhere?  Yes or no?  :B

Also, probably obvious enough, but I'll say it anyway: If you talk about the movie at-large, please put plot-relevant spoilers in spoiler tags!  Just in case.  x:

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 11:50:52 PM
CRAPCOM REMOVED WILY SO THEY MUST MEAN MEGAMAN IS DEAD [tornado fang] YOU CRAPCOM YOU'RE NOT TAKING MY MONEY ANYMORE

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 01:37:55 AM
I think Wily's not in there simply because Eggman can do anything Willy could do in that movie and he's much more recognizable.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 01:48:01 PM
Do note that existing real videogame characters only make cameo appearances, none of them really have roles.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/6469-Wreck-It-Ralph
Seems to be a pretty great movie on its own.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 02:27:07 PM
Oh, no.  I wasn't expecting any of the real video game characters to do anything important.  Other than Q*Bert, I mean.

Also, I realized this a while back, but what the [tornado fang] are Dr. ... ugh... "Eggman"... and Sonic even doing in this movie?  And Bowser, for that matter.  This movie is supposed to be about arcade game characters.  Granted, you could argue those three are "arcade game characters," the first two due to cameo roles (I think?) and the latter because of Vs. Super Mario Bros. and Mario Kart GP, but... eh.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 09:17:09 PM
ummm

it's about video game characters

not just arcade characters

not sure where you got that idea

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 03, 2012, 10:00:45 PM
It might have something to do with the fact that Ralph and company are arcade game characters who live in an arcade game within an arcade... but hell, who knows.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 03, 2012, 10:19:31 PM
It might have something to do with the fact that Ralph and company are arcade game characters who live in an arcade game within an arcade... but hell, who knows.

It's about video games in general.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #11 on: November 04, 2012, 02:12:42 AM
It's about video games in general.
just because they're in an arcade doesn't mean only arcade game characters can show up. from the start, their plan was to include all game characters, or as many as they could fit.

mario isn't in because they couldn't find a spot worthy of his status, and any cameo they felt wouldn't do him justice. if there's a sequel, they might.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: November 04, 2012, 02:26:04 AM
doesnt sonic have like a 5 second cameo? How come he's on one of the posters....

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #13 on: November 04, 2012, 03:06:51 AM
No appearance of anyone from the Mega Man series in Wreck-It Ralph, but there is an audio nod. Apparently, "the sound effect that plays when Felix gets a pie is the same sound effect used when Mega Man gets an enemy ability from Mega Man 3 onwards." I guess that's better than nothing!

Source

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: November 04, 2012, 03:28:24 AM
doesnt sonic have like a 5 second cameo? How come he's on one of the posters....

On Wikipedia, I believe, it said that Roger was in the list of VAs for the movie. For those who don't know, Roger Craig Smith is Sonic's voice actor from Colors on. That means Sonic has lines. That means it's probably a little more than a five second cameo.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: November 04, 2012, 04:24:44 AM

I heard he has a lot of cameos.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: November 04, 2012, 09:01:03 AM
mario isn't in because they couldn't find a spot worthy of his status, and any cameo they felt wouldn't do him justice. if there's a sequel, they might.
Ha, ha. No.

Mario ain't cheap, girl.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #17 on: November 04, 2012, 09:05:55 AM
Oh please, like I say things like that just for fun.

Check this article out

After seeing an early screening of the picture we were lucky enough to get a chance to chat with director Rich Moore and writer Phil Johnston, and came out with a bunch of information about the movie.

Mario's clout kept him from having a cameo
A big part of the fun of watching Wreck-it Ralph is spotting all the gaming cameos--and while we won’t spoil every appearance in the film, we will say that one of the biggest gaming mascots of all time is conspicuously absent. After seeing the film one of our first questions for the creators was, “Where’s Mario?” According to both the writer and director, he was just too important to waste on a simple cameo.

The creators definitely considered Mario making an appearance in the movie, but they couldn’t think of anything important enough for him to do. They didn’t want a brief, 20-second joke for the master plumber--and they doubted that Nintendo would either--so they tried to find a more weighty scene for him, perhaps with the film’s Mario equivalent, Felix Jr., but it never came together. Director Rich Moore is holding out hope that, if they’re lucky enough to get to do a sequel, they can find a place for Mario. Next time.

see? i wasn't just talking out my ass.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: November 04, 2012, 09:10:33 AM
Oh, Mirby.
You're so easily convinced.

Of course they aren't going to go and say "Nintendo is dicks, and wanted too much for Mario".

: ]

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #19 on: November 04, 2012, 09:15:51 AM
Or maybe I'm just not as much of a jaded pessimist as you are.

Consider this: in a movie about video games, it would only be natural for Mario to be there somewhere. Yes, he may have been expensive, but they got Bowser, didn't they? It makes sense that they couldn't find somewhere worthy of Mario's status that even Nintendo would be agree was sufficient enough for Mario to be used. It's not all about the money; a place worthy of him is also key.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: November 04, 2012, 03:18:34 PM
And yet, Sonic was in there -- repeatedly -- doing his thing and losing his rings.  Then again, as I'm sure many people will remind me, "Sonic isn't nearly as famous/important/awesome as Mario and never has been."

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #21 on: November 04, 2012, 04:24:26 PM
That's pretty much it yeah. He's an icon of gaming as a whole, not just of a company.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: November 04, 2012, 04:50:22 PM
HA HA HA HA!
You people are so funny.
Oh so funny.
You will stroke the Nintendick, whenever you can.

But seriously, if he's such a [tornado fang]ing gaming icon not putting him in is a bigger offender, in my opinion.
And no, Bowser is not Mario. Hence, he does not count.

They just couldn't get the money to put him in, and they are trying to make a bullshit excuse. This is corporate world, fools, try to remember that.

And I'm not being pessimistic here, but REALISTIC.

In any case, I'm looking forward to the movie. I heard it evokes many feels.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: November 04, 2012, 05:26:06 PM
Speaking of "feels" (that is such a stupid phrase), I found something out via TV Tropes recently.  Apparently, Ralph meets a girl in Sugar Rush who's actually...
[spoiler=Minor (?) plot-relevant (?) spoilers.]dummied-out content for the game, unable to leave because she's "unfinished content" and doomed to spend the rest of her days all by herself in a part of the game only a few skilled hackers and such will ever get to see.[/spoiler]
... then again, if we've learned anything from the recent happenings of Sonic the Fighters, things can easily change years and years later.  So maybe it's not forever so much as "for a while."  :D

Still.  It really put a whole new spin on the topic that I never really considered before.  Seriously.  I half-cried when I read that.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: November 04, 2012, 11:17:02 PM
Speaking of "feels" (that is such a stupid phrase), I found something out via TV Tropes recently.  Apparently, Ralph meets a girl in Sugar Rush who's actually...
[spoiler=Minor (?) plot-relevant (?) spoilers.]dummied-out content for the game, unable to leave because she's "unfinished content" and doomed to spend the rest of her days all by herself in a part of the game only a few skilled hackers and such will ever get to see.[/spoiler]
... then again, if we've learned anything from the recent happenings of Sonic the Fighters, things can easily change years and years later.  So maybe it's not forever so much as "for a while."  :D

Still.  It really put a whole new spin on the topic that I never really considered before.  Seriously.  I half-cried when I read that.

Wow.
Man.

That's actually pretty freakin' deep.