The Official RPM E3 2012 Discussion Thread - The Next Generation Begins Here

Jericho · 25196

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Well that's done. Wasn't paying attention for a number of parts though. The book thing in particular dragged on for a while.

Also The Last of Us looks like Uncharted: Zombie Apocalypse with Health Bar and Inventory Edition. Also "[chameleon sting]er" everywhere. I'm okay with this though.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Yeah the storybook thing was total snore to me too. Sony's whole show wasn't interesting to me actually. Again like Microsoft's show, they didn't have anything that catered to my tastes as a gamer. Tomorrow will probably be a better day for me.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Yes, but with Pokemon, a much more profitable franchise.
It would be funny if they brought back the Pokemon TFG that way

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
That sounds good. I did love both the Game Boy Color Trading Card Games~ :3

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Pikmin 3 confirmed!

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
It started with Pikmin everywhere.

This is automatically a glorious conference.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Nintendo's conference was terrible. Things we already knew, ports of current games, and lots of casual stuff. It pains me to say this, but the Wii U is the first Nintendo console that hasn't convinced me of a day one purchase.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
The name alone baffles me.

but Satoru Iwata staring at a bunch of bannanas was amusing.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Nintendo's show was a little underwhelming. The software was good, and had good variety in terms of hardcore vs casual, but it just lacked a killer app. Not saying the release date or price point didn't help either. Nintendo's show does win though because of presentation. All the fun things they did made it much more enjoyable. Reggie's a pisser.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
*looks at the hate across the internet*

Well I liked it :c

And hey, at least this one actually focused on games. Also, if all those titles they showed really are launch/launch window titles, then a weak launch is NOT something the Wii U will have.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Nintendo's conference was terrible. Things we already knew, ports of current games, and lots of casual stuff. It pains me to say this, but the Wii U is the first Nintendo console that hasn't convinced me of a day one purchase.

So, the Wii, which was almost entirely casual stuff, and the 3DS, which had no games at all for its launch, somehow convinced you to make a day one purchase?

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Karai

• with RICE
  • B-Class Hunter
  • (not) Missing in Action
    • View Profile
    • My stuff & HI SKORS
Comments are so funny. Every other E3: "booo yet another Zelda/Mario/Nintendo first party!". This year: "booo where's Zelda/Metroid/Nintendo first party?".
For me WiiU looks quite promising, especially with games that play like ZombieU. Gimmick? maybe. But still - it's fun.

Don't forget about that 3DS Showcase tomorrow!

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
The WiiU hardware seems promising at least.  If it can run ME3 then it is likely as capable as rumors have boasted.  And the touchscreen controller seems like it could have some useful applications.  At the very least, Nintendo should see a lot more 3rd-party business if this thing is as easy to develop for as the 360 is.

The Other Side

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
So Platinum Game does something new and everyone starts bitching, most likely just because it's not Bayonetta 2 *facepalm*

I want Bayo 2 badly as much as the next guy, but seriously? -.-

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
So, the Wii, which was almost entirely casual stuff, and the 3DS, which had no games at all for its launch, somehow convinced you to make a day one purchase?

I didn't actually buy the Wii at launch, though, 'cause I had no money. But I was already convinced due to the novelty of the whole thing.

Buying the 3DS at launch was a bad move.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Comments are so funny. Every other E3: "booo yet another Zelda/Mario/Nintendo first party!". This year: "booo where's Zelda/Metroid/Nintendo first party?".

If they've been paying attention to the LoZ tech demo, it was shown more than once (my theory is that it's 50% completed and the completed game will be revealed later this month). Also, it wouldn't hurt to have a new Metroid game that wasn't Other M.

Although, the only thing for microsoft's confrence was really going for me was Halo 4, sorry guys, not that much of a South Park fan. :B

Free PSN games? Intresting. Just imagine indie developers taking a HUGE advantage of this, quite possibly bring the PSN origional games to the level of DSi Ware titles~

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-JOChBfhta4#  Oh if only this were a real thing.  I'd kill to play this.

And don't tell me you wouldn't.

The Other Side

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzLFxre-PyU

Why was this not part of the conference

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
So the 3DS is getting it's own conference tomorrow, right?

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Yep.

I will probably miuss it cause of timezones.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
I'll say that while I liked it for obvious Nintendophile reasons, the conf. was a bit lackluster. Don't get me wrong, a new Pikmin, a soon to be RPM New Super Mario Bros. U chaos theater (FINALLY IT'S ONLINE I think), and decent 3rd party support looks pretty sweet. I loved the ZombiU preview. However, they spent way too much time on Arkham City and Nintendo Land, while interesting, was a soft way to end the conf. Still though, the system shows a lot of potential. They just need to make the games for it.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Either way I still think they blew the other conferences out of the water (namely microsoft's :P)

also finally new info on paper mario :3

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Wii launched with Zelda and Excite Truck, which nobody who has a soul could ever hate.

3DS...well, I guess there were those of us hoping that Miis would live up to the Pilotwings legacy.  Seriously, Nintendo, skydiving and instructors making weird faces to awesome victory music, how hard is that?

Still, we knew Kid Icarus was coming, and it was damn well worth the wait.

Nintendo's show was a little underwhelming. The software was good, and had good variety in terms of hardcore vs casual, but it just lacked a killer app. Not saying the release date or price point didn't help either. Nintendo's show does win though because of presentation. All the fun things they did made it much more enjoyable. Reggie's a pisser.
It's been said before, but you really need to know who you're speaking to with these shows.  I couldn't help but LOL at the New Super Mario Bros. 2 segment of the show.  We have the guy droning about how insane coin collection has become, about how different the game is from NSMBU, about how there's more cool stuff he can't talk about.  Nobody gave a damn.  Then behind him, Raccoon Mario flies, and the crowd goes nuts.

You want to know how to QUICKLY make a killer app for the Wii U?  Announce that Peach is playable in New Super Mario Bros. U.  It is the simplest, stupidest, most superficial thing imaginable, but something like that is EXACTLY what would hit home with the hardcore Nintendo camp.  Myself included.

XD  Very true, very true.

You get: :cookie:

If they've been paying attention to the LoZ tech demo, it was shown more than once (my theory is that it's 50% completed and the completed game will be revealed later this month).
I expect that a decent Zelda takes MUCH longer to develop than that.  But yeah, I've noticed their hanging onto that demo as well.  Here's hoping.

Litmus test: If non-playable video stream generates more excitement than your showcased demos and gameplay, you probably need to change your plans.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
I always thought the best next step Nintendo could take with Mario was adding a huge open world. No more stage/level based games.

It's all one giant map and you can reach any point from the start. Lots of hidden corners and secrets.

Enemies, bosses, stars and shinies can be found  anywhere.