Xbox and HDMI

Rockmon · 2300

Offline Rockmon

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
on: December 22, 2008, 06:57:30 AM
the newer xboxes have hdmi plugs on them right? so if I had a normal hdmi cable laying around, hdmi carries video AND audio, would I still need to get the official MS hdmi kit to get audio? the reason I'm asking is because the kit has that audio dongle thing in it and that leads me to believe that, even though hdmi is capable of carrying audio, the xbox will only output audio on with that audio dongle thing in the kit. normally I wouldn't give a [parasitic bomb], but $50 just to be able to use hdmi is really damn steep.

Save the tatas..................................................................................................please?

Offline RockmanHalo

• Just a regular Cleveland...
  • Net Navi
  • Polackman
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 05:46:48 PM
I don't have an HDMI tv, but I remember going to my uncle's and he had a cord already. It wasn't microsoft's it was just a vanilla cord, and it worked fine.

Talk. Fast.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 06:01:37 PM
Actually, I've got a newer 360 hooked up to an HDTV through HDMI with a two-dollar HDMI cable, and it carries the audio just fine.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Rockmon

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 05:28:33 AM
ok I figured, just wanted to make sure.

Save the tatas..................................................................................................please?