Dark Souls

Acid · 52305

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #225 on: March 12, 2015, 08:48:23 PM
*siiiiiiiiigh* I think I have Stockholme Syndrome when it comes to this game.  After one of my friends got into it and we were talking at length about it, I reinstalled it, tweaked a few stats, grabbed a Black Knight Greatsword and started NG+.  I think I'm actually having an easier time with it at this point.

I also installed a few mods here and there to tweak things a little bit more to my liking.  And this is why we buy the PC version of Souls games, folks.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #226 on: March 12, 2015, 08:54:43 PM
Going to pick up the Bloodborne PS4bundle I think, have enough spare cash to finally update to PS4 might as well get the snazzy looking Bloodborne PS4.  8D

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #227 on: March 16, 2015, 11:20:11 PM

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #228 on: March 17, 2015, 03:20:39 AM
Kinda reminds me of how worlds look on the Kingdom Hearts world map for some weird reason.  XD

But yeah pretty awesome.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #229 on: March 17, 2015, 03:33:17 AM
That should be the final location in Mana-Verse! 8D

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #230 on: March 17, 2015, 03:35:01 AM
Only if Pema solos New Londo and the Four Kings  8D

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #231 on: March 17, 2015, 03:39:00 AM
It looks like some unholy fusion of Traverse Town, Hollow Bastion, Castle Oblivion and Twilight Town.  On steroids.  And that's not even a good description of this mess.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #232 on: March 17, 2015, 03:49:27 AM
It's kind of a cartoon-esq representation of how all of the areas in Dark Souls 1 fit together, not exact obviously but the artist got a a lot of key details right surprisingly.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #233 on: April 04, 2015, 11:02:24 AM
So, bout that Scholar re-release.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

its pretty good so far.

Also, new mechanic.

if a bunch of people have died to the same thing, their bloodstains become a blood pool that shows all their deaths at once.

By FAR the most hilarious addition

http://a.pomf.se/jwcpws.webm

http://a.pomf.se/rtyqoq.webm

http://a.pomf.se/lcrpzy.webm

http://a.pomf.se/tgdecn.webm

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #234 on: April 04, 2015, 11:00:42 PM
Bloodpools officially the best addition ever.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #235 on: April 05, 2015, 12:45:05 AM
Oh god can anyone imagine The Fume Knight's area with that mechanic? Blood pool becomes blood tsunami?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #236 on: April 05, 2015, 05:30:55 AM
also, hello, this is new

he's in the gutter, and drops the iron mask now, along with the heide lance

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #237 on: April 05, 2015, 06:14:25 AM
Huh kinda neat they added the unused heide stuff.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #238 on: June 10, 2015, 05:27:33 AM

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #239 on: June 10, 2015, 06:02:03 AM
Not enough to really make any real comments on. Looks as good as Bloodborne from the scenes?

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #240 on: June 11, 2015, 12:52:52 AM
Has potential, I suppose. I hope Miyazaki is more involved than DS2, since chances are it's that team that started development on it.

Going to be hard to go back to Souls style after Bloodborne, though.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #241 on: June 12, 2015, 07:47:49 AM
Has potential, I suppose. I hope Miyazaki is more involved than DS2, since chances are it's that team that started development on it.

I dunno, leaked image says 2016, which means it was already in development while Bloodborne was finalizing it's own

We'll have to see.

it clearly uses Bloodborne's engine, so there's that

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #242 on: June 15, 2015, 07:26:28 PM

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #243 on: June 16, 2015, 05:11:51 PM
trailer was neato.

supposedly this will be the last Dark Souls game.

which is about right for From.

they only made 4 King's Field games, and only 3 of them were in the same setting, 4th was it's own thing.

Kinda like Demon's Souls to Dark Souls.

speculation, but going by imagery and dialogue, seems like this is the closest we have ever seen the first flame get to being completely out.

grey ash everywhere and cinders, everything is returning to the grey formlessness from which it came

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #244 on: June 17, 2015, 02:57:59 AM
You could really hear the Motoi Sakuraba in the music. If it turns out to not be him doing the soundtrack again, it's someone who clearly can impersonate his style well.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #245 on: June 17, 2015, 08:10:49 AM

So weve had lots of revelations today.

there was a demo played for a small audience, and Miyazaki had some sort of round table interview.

First the biggie.

Dark Souls 3 will NOT actually be the end of the Dark Souls Franchise like everyone thought.

Miyazaki was somewhat vague here, but basically, Dark Souls 3 was already set to happen before he became president of From Software.

We all thought Bloodborne was the last game before he became president, but turns out Dark Souls 3 was, in fact, the last of the games set into motion by the previous generation of management.

that said he specifically mentioned that since Dark Souls has such a unique worldview, its not a good idea to just keep churning them out. So while it's not the end of Dark Souls, it is a "turning point" for both the franchise, and the company as a whole. So after Dark Souls 3, I suppose we shouldnt expect to see another Dark Souls for quite a long time, and the next time we DO see it, it very well may not be the Dark Souls we know.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/dark_souls_3/news/dark_souls_3_isnt_the_last_game_in_the_series_miyazaki_clarifies.html

personally, I'm forseeing Dark Souls evolving with time periods. So Im gonna go ahead and call it- eventually we'll see Dark Souls in the Victorian Era, or in a sci fi fantasy setting.

most things apparently seem more like Dark Souls 1. it uses the Bloodborne engine and definitely shares it's art people, confirmed by Miyazaki. It's a different dev team to Bloodborne, with only himself and a 'few people" and art folks having worked across both. There's stuff taken straight from BB as far as grass and statues and stuff it seems. but since it uses the BB engine, it therefore uses the updated DaS1 animations. which is fine, DaS2 did a lot of neat things but the animations werent one of them.

they showed off the stances thing, but it seems hard to really grasp without seeing it.

torches are back, but like bloodborne, have no timer.

yet again, there's a dragon really early on that forces you to take a detour, and Miyazaki comments that he likes putting dragons really early in.

some stuff mentioned on Reddit, fextralife and I think 4chan, mentioned that it SEEMS like they are doing that lore thing that Bloodborne did, where you find tombstones that you light up to read small lore tidbits from. though I wasnt fond of that in Bloodborne myself.

no central hub, though if that refers to the nexus style from DeS and BB or even the Majula/Firelink type is unknown. Interconnected world is confirmed,

apparently the plot revolves around the resurrection of a character called "Lord of Cinder." Yeah. Gwyn hype. Though its being kept ambiguous if this is actually Gwyn. And I heard something about it being open to interpretation or something like that.

Rumors like to think it's the chosen undead from 1.

conflicting info on another combat aspect- Kicking is back, and DaS1 backstabs are back. BUT, at leasy 2 sources said backstabs were Dark Souls 2 backstabs. And in general, it took the guy playing like 30 minutes to get a successful backstab on an enemy. So if they brought back DaS1 backstabs, they might have tweaked the conditions to make it less exploitable.

they didnt talk about the online.

your secondary weapon will appear on your character, corresponding with the screens weve seen.

the gameplay shown had no HUD to speak of and no menus, and at one point the guy picked up a weapon and it instantly equipped, so who knows how that works.

apparently development on this coexisted with BB for about a year, and Miyazaki Only joined in when the prototype was completed, but has since taken over world design personally.

interestingly, this game will be co-directed. By both Miyazaki, and Isamu Okano. Though Yui Tanimura, (DaS2 director) will also be involved in a non-directoral role.

Oh, and Praise the Sun WILL still be there

here's some stuff

new images
https://imgur.com/a/fr3Pi

some links
http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/dark_souls_3/news/dark_souls_3_is_being_developed_by_a_different_team_to_bloodborne.html

http://fextralife.com/dark-souls-3-e3-info/

http://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/3a4763/i_was_present_during_the_closed_door_e3_handsoff/

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #246 on: June 24, 2015, 06:36:16 PM
I ordered Bloodborne and it should be arriving some time soon.

PM me your PSN ID, if you want.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #247 on: June 25, 2015, 05:12:25 PM
Once I get back I'll send you mine if you want another person for the hunt!  8D

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #248 on: June 26, 2015, 03:46:09 AM
look me up, FlameG102 or some such thing

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #249 on: August 04, 2015, 10:36:39 PM
new trailer for DaS3

http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_dark_souls_iii_gc_gameplay_reveal-35231_en.html

im trying not to get hyped, but im getting hyped anyway