Dark Souls

Acid · 52026

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #125 on: November 02, 2014, 01:10:54 AM
It might just be the way the area plays out or the castle wall/town location but it gives me a Bolataria Castle feel for some reason. I mean just replace an unfortunately named knight with a stabbing sword with a giant doom kitty! But yeah Eleum Loyce is a joy to go through and I like re-visiting it once the ice melts and new areas are opened up. Although Bonewheel Skelies 2.0s can go die in a fire.  X(

Was using my Duel Bone Fist punchy build on NG, leveled my Agility to 110 rather than the typical 100 and it's made a huge difference for dodging. I'll need to rework all my builds because I've had no issues evading things on this character at all. Beat Aava twice for the two Bone-Fists and didn't get hit once on either fight.

Also confirmed Elana will summon a Vestalt clone on NG, even if you don't have a partner.

-Beat Sinh with my punchy build, that means my character beat a dragon to death with her bare hands...and thats hilarious to me.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #126 on: November 02, 2014, 06:59:39 AM
I guess I got lucky when I fought Elana then.

The invisible enemies on the Eleum Loyce ramparts are a right dick move, though.  Gotta figure out how to get my souls back and get out of there in one piece...

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #127 on: November 02, 2014, 03:18:50 PM
Oh the two knights? Yeah just head left, you'll get them to show up normally later once you get a certain key item.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #128 on: November 05, 2014, 03:54:39 AM

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #129 on: November 05, 2014, 04:15:18 AM
Havels? "Wut R U Casul?"

No seriously thats awesome.  XD

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #130 on: November 25, 2014, 06:05:58 PM
So this happened

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin - Announcement Trailer

get hype I think.

At least until Bamco actually clarifies the details.

So far, it seems that all existing DS2 owners will receive some form of uberpatch with some of the [parasitic bomb] that this contains,

but 360/PS3 and Direct X9 PC's will only get some of the changes, and will NOT get the improved graphical tweaks and the 6 player co-op expansion, which is reserved for PS4/Xbone and Direct X11 PC

the one thing here that's unclear, is what that means, DX9 and DX11. Some speculation is that the regular version of the game is DX9, and therefore PC might still need to rebuy the rerelease, but that remains to be seen and clarified. otherwise there wouldnt really be a need to specify between DX9 and DX11.

also, while the regular purchase will basically be the "prepare to die" edition of DS2, with all the DLC and the new [parasitic bomb], existing owners do NOT get free DLC. they get the uberpatch, but they dont get the DLC if they didn't already have it.

Oh, did I mention the 6 player co-op?

here's some images

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #131 on: November 25, 2014, 06:59:01 PM
I'm planning to get the PS4 at some point this year for Bloodborne, I might end up picking this up too. If the new content in this ends up being on par with the DLCs I'm all for it. Still kinda cool we'll be getting the new content for free regardless.

On a story related noted I wonder if the Scholar is the guy talking in the trailer? Also that weird fiery tree thing was definitely not in the main game or DLCs so that new,

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #132 on: November 26, 2014, 09:52:41 AM
I belive the scholar is vendric. Iirc its his voice, and he is the one who "peered into the essence of the soul" so it will basically be the crowns dlc for vendrick himself. The last of the 4 dranfleic ongs

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #133 on: November 26, 2014, 05:50:24 PM
I belive the scholar is vendric. Iirc its his voice, and he is the one who "peered into the essence of the soul" so it will basically be the crowns dlc for vendrick himself. The last of the 4 dranfleic ongs

I don't know the voice doesn't really sound like Vendrick/Marvelous Chester. I'm thinking it's one of the new NPCs perhaps Lord Aldia, I would pretty happy to meet the guy responsible for most the background stuff in the game.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #134 on: November 27, 2014, 12:42:31 AM
that would be nice.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #135 on: December 14, 2014, 02:42:14 AM
Thread intercepted

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #136 on: December 14, 2014, 04:58:52 AM
Thread intercepted

You'd like some of the stuff that guy makes

[ThePruld] DEMON'S DARK SOULS Ep1 - La triade

make sure subtitles are on

also,

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #137 on: December 18, 2014, 01:50:53 AM
So Dark Souls 1 is finally on Steamworks.

Also, From accidentally released the Debug version instead of the actual one for a short while.

There's some neat stuff in there. For example, at some point, they had a ranking system for phantoms and whatnot.

Also, you can take control of NPC's and enemies and play as them.

http://a.pomf.se/ikeuai.webm
http://a.pomf.se/uefvlg.webm
http://a.pomf.se/wecwha.webm
http://a.pomf.se/chzyzr.webm
http://a.pomf.se/yfwhgf.webm
http://a.pomf.se/bigvef.webm

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #138 on: December 18, 2014, 06:06:46 AM
Thats...kinda awesome.  XD

1: Mimics scare the hell out of me.

2: Red Phantom Slim? That is also kinda terrifying.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #139 on: December 18, 2014, 06:18:08 AM
Playing as monsters against other people would be pretty cool, actually.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #140 on: December 18, 2014, 06:39:06 AM
I'd want to play/invade as throes mobile Poison/Petrifing lizzard statues from Shulva in Dark Souls II, they may be one of the most annoying enemies in the whole souls series. XD

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #141 on: December 18, 2014, 03:45:11 PM
Playing as monsters against other people would be pretty cool, actually.
Doesnt work online. Only clientside. other people would only see you bugging the [tornado fang] out.

I'd want to play/invade as throes mobile Poison/Petrifing lizzard statues from Shulva in Dark Souls II, they may be one of the most annoying enemies in the whole souls series. XD
or just DaS2 bosses in general, but that isn't happening until we get a debug copy of THAT.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #142 on: December 18, 2014, 06:29:55 PM
Doesnt work online. Only clientside. other people would only see you bugging the [tornado fang] out.
Well yeah... it was probably a test run to see if it would be fun/functional to do, and wouldn't put any effort in replication unless they actually fully went for it.

I was speaking in hypotheticals, you see, merely saying that it would be cool to do. Hence the word would in my previous post.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #143 on: December 19, 2014, 03:29:35 AM
or just DaS2 bosses in general, but that isn't happening until we get a debug copy of THAT.

Fume Knight or Alone would be fun to play as, or maybe the Pursuer? Fumetime Funtime!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #144 on: December 20, 2014, 10:47:35 PM
It actually IS a shame this [parasitic bomb] doesnt work online. Invaded by Dark Spirit [insert boss]?

I wouldn't even be mad. That would be rad as [tornado fang].

Also, Fumetime Funtime indeed, imagine invading as Fume Knight and watching players [parasitic bomb] themselves.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #145 on: December 23, 2014, 02:53:43 PM
So I was doing a mini-marathon of Souls the past few days. Played through all 3 games from scratch, then I messed around in my main DkS2 file a bit. Man, it feels great to replay these games.

In Dark Souls 2 I revisited DLCs 2 and 3 for a second impression, 'cause they didn't impress me all that much at first. I had more fun this time, probably because I wasn't in such a hurry to get things done. Found a ton of items that I didn't find my first time through (Smelter Hammer!) and I fought a couple mini-bosses/spirit invaders for the first time. Frozen Covetous Demon wasn't as bad as I thought it would be after I got rid of the White Phantom with arrows.

Anyway, a couple months ago I posted here about my DkS2 character not feeling as powerful as I wanted him/her (depends on the mood :D) to be past NG+. I've dedicated an extra 5-6 hours to testing buffs, items, stat adjustments and bonfire ascetics, and I still have more or less the same impression. On the plus side, I fought Giant Lord about a billion times to farm souls and I can deal decent damage to him even on the highest bonfire intensity. So I don't think the main game bosses are an issue.

But I think my problem with this game (in this specific aspect) is that the buffs are so weak. In Demon's Souls, you cast Cursed Weapon and that adds an extra 50% damage to your melee attacks no matter what. In Dark Souls, the Red Tearstone Ring gives you a 50% damage boost. The equivalent to those in DkS2 are both seriously nerfed, and there aren't any great alternatives. I'm not even comparing stuff like DeS's hypermode 'cause it would just be unfair.

I tried to use Sacred Oath, but it only adds a fixed 50 value at the cost of at least one ring slot (2 'cause I don't have Chime of Screams or base FTH for casting, but ideally it's one). Considering that my weapon has a base 500 attack plus rings and scaling, that's like a 5% increase. Elemental buffs are okay, but only when the enemy is seriously weak to it. Brightbugs... might be a solution, but they're so rare that I don't know how I can apply them as a regular thing.

Anyone got any ideas on how I can improve my character?

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #146 on: December 23, 2014, 08:05:01 PM
If your Vit is lower than 10 you'll get a seriously nice bonus to physical attack from Flynn's Ring, you find that in the bug infested room near the Puzzling Short Sword room. A few of my physical builds make use of it, like my Duel bone fist character.

This is my main PvP Build, Ruelia. She fights with a Black Knight Great sword mainly, and I'm currently on NG+++ .

Current stats
Lv. 269
Soul Memory. 22069568
Vigor. 51
Endurance. 40
Vitality. 30
Attunement. 20
Strength. 50
Dexterity. 50
Adaptability. 26
Intelligence. 28
Faith. 27

Magic/Miracles/Pyro/Hexes
Dark Weapon - for added weapon damage
Dark Orb - for the rare ranged attack that my bow won't cut it against.

HP. 2136
Stamina. 140
Equip Load. 83.0
Cast Speed. 81
ATK Str. 155
ATK Dex. 155
Magic BNS. 109
Fire BNS. 138
Lightning BNS. 95
Dark BNS. 148
Poison BNS. 150
Bleed BNS. 150
Phys DEF. 145
Magic DEF. 148
Fire DEF. 147
Lightning DEF. 147
Dark DEF. 147
Poison DEF. 147
Bleed DEF. 147
Petrify DEF. 152
Cure Resist. 144
AGL. 104
Poise. 7.8

R.Weapon 1 559
R.Weapon 2 160
R.Weapon 3 160
L.Weapon 1 600
L Weapon 2 224
L Weapon 3 160
Defense Vs Strike 610
Defense vs Slash 634
Defense vs Thrust 620
Poise 28.8

Equipment
Black Knight Great Sword+4
Blue Moon Longsword+10 (The Longsword re texture)
X2 Majestic Greatswords+5
Greatsword+10
Aged Smelter Sword+5
Eleum Loyce+3 (still leveling it)
Curved Nil Greatsword+2 (Still leveling)
X2 Washing Pole+10
Magic Ice Rapier+5
X2 Bone Fists+5
Pyromancy Flame+10
Retainer Staff+10
Hunter's Black Bow+10
Alone Greatbow+10
Watcher's Shield+2 (Still leveling)

Crown of the Ivory King+5 (Purely for no hollowing and fashion souls)
Black Robes+5
Drakeblood Gauntlets+10
Raime's Leggings+2 (still leveling mostly for fashion souls)
Ring of Blades+2 (For added physical attack brings my right hand attack from 509-559)
Ring of Steel Protection+2 (For added physical deffense, brings my defense vs strike from; 510-610, vs slash from 534-634, and vs thrust from 520-620)
Chloranthy Ring+2 for better stamina regen
Ring of the Living for summoning fashion souls but I use the Stone Ring to reduce my opponent poise faster when I'm invaded.

I never inflict less than 200 damage to anything, even the DLC bosses and all my weapons take advantage of my 50s in strength and Dex. If you use weapons high scaling in them you need to get them 50 to maximize the enhancement. You just can't one shot things in Dark Souls II, you're best bet to succeed is to master how to dodge enemies and hit them without taking any real damage in return, it's not possible to get the overpowered builds you could often get in the older games and I believe this was an intentional design choice. That being said Resonant weapon is pretty overpowered, if you can cast it I'd say use it; most bosses without dark defenses take a hilarious amount of damage from attacks buffed with it.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #147 on: December 23, 2014, 08:31:55 PM
Thanks for the help. I'll try Resonant Weapon and will post my stats and items later.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #148 on: December 23, 2014, 08:35:17 PM
Thanks for the help. I'll try Resonant Weapon and will post my stats and items later.

Hopefully my stuff gives you some ideas in future builds.  :)

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #149 on: December 23, 2014, 09:59:25 PM
Wow. I read about Resonant Weapon and people suggested Dark Weapon as well. I tried DW first 'cause the stat requirements are lower, and with Stone Ring and Red Iron Twinblade, this thing is annihilating big enemies including Giant Lord. I assume dark-elemental enemies must not even flinch but it helps everywhere else. Thanks for the help!

I respec'd my SL to be able to cast DW, but my stats are fairly similar to what I had before:

SL256
VGR 47
END 40
VIT 37
ATN 10
STR 85
ADP 35
INT 16
FTH 14

Weapons
Red Iron Twinblade+10 (540 ATK)
Smelter Hammer+10 (728 ATK)