Hanna Barbera vs. Capcom

Protoman Blues · 23513

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: December 20, 2008, 12:39:00 AM

If this means we get a new cereal with the shape of Capcom characters, then DO IT CAPCOM!

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline PowerArmor

• MSPainting
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Yus!
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: December 20, 2008, 12:46:31 AM
Haha. General Mills and Kellog's VS. Capcom would be sweet.

I can see it now...

"Count Chocula VS. Chun Li!"

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #27 on: December 20, 2008, 01:09:08 AM
I hate fighting games and I would still buy this.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: December 20, 2008, 02:26:14 AM
This thread gets the RPM's Official Fighting Junkie Seal Of Approval (i.e. mine). It rises to godly levels for the mere mention of the Centurions and the Swat Kats. However, there is one drawback to this idea.

In TatVSCap, almost everyone (if not all of the cast) is relatively well-known as serious characters. With the exception of the HB humanoid people (Centurions, Mightor, Birdman, the Kats, and potentially Dexter) everyone else would be basically a big collection of gag characters. TatVSCap attempts to be a somewhat serious crossover game, limiting the gag characters to a very small few. But having half the cast be gag people in a purportedly serious fighter would basically sell the image of another Clay Fighter 63⅓, which is NOT what we're trying to achieve here.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: December 20, 2008, 02:32:50 AM
-post-

After letting it set in a bit from then until now, this all came to mind. Since this is all a big "What-if" though, I say for the hell of it, let's just roll with the punches. Besides, after watching some live feed footage of Doronjo and Daimaō in action, who's to say that the more cartoony characters wouldn't be welcome?

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: December 20, 2008, 03:54:40 AM
This thread gets the RPM's Official Fighting Junkie Seal Of Approval (i.e. mine). It rises to godly levels for the mere mention of the Centurions and the Swat Kats. However, there is one drawback to this idea.

In TatVSCap, almost everyone (if not all of the cast) is relatively well-known as serious characters. With the exception of the HB humanoid people (Centurions, Mightor, Birdman, the Kats, and potentially Dexter) everyone else would be basically a big collection of gag characters. TatVSCap attempts to be a somewhat serious crossover game, limiting the gag characters to a very small few. But having half the cast be gag people in a purportedly serious fighter would basically sell the image of another Clay Fighter 63⅓, which is NOT what we're trying to achieve here.

HB has enough humanoid characters to round it out evenly between the gag characters and the serious ones, or perhaps even more so, depending on the route they follow.  As I mentioned, you've got Space Ghost, Mightor, Birdman, Zandor of the Herculoids, The Centurions, the Swat Kats, Samurai Jack, Captain Planet, possibly Dexter, one of the Powerpuff Girls, Thundarr the Barbarian, one of the Galaxy Trio, perhaps Blue Falcon & Dynomutt, and possibly some others I'm forgetting.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: December 20, 2008, 03:59:39 AM

"Count Chocula VS. Chun Li!"
more like Shade Man mirite?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: December 20, 2008, 08:25:27 AM
No MENTION of FRED FLINTONE  or heck, just Bam Bam

COMON' PEOPLE!! XDDD

but man, PB, that's a damn GRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT idea 8D

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: December 20, 2008, 08:53:59 PM
I'd personally love the idea of El Kabong, Captain Caveman, and Hong Kong Phooey battling it out as well. 

I mean, whether he said it or you do, it would be required to yell out CAPTAINNNNNNN CAAAAAAAAAAAVVVVEEEMMMAAAAAAAAAAANNNNN before each fight!

Posted on: December 20, 2008, 10:34:53 AM
I also would find it hilarious if they did indeed do a level with the Banana Splits psychotic atmosphere in the background.  Man, that show was trippy.  The song was super catchy though!  XD

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: December 20, 2008, 09:20:18 PM
I also would find it hilarious if they did indeed do a level with the Banana Splits psychotic atmosphere in the background. 

I dunno if they would so much need a level, just make it so that the trippy stuff appeared WHENEVER somebody did a Hyper Combo/Hyper Combo Finish! 8D

However, there is one drawback to this idea.

Well, that's also another thing to note. While TvC arguably focused more on the serious/hero characters, Tatsunoko itself is definitely full to the brim of various "silly characters". Hell, Yatterman, Doronjo and her crew and Hakushan are just a mere sampling of the kind of stuff that Tatsunoko has buttered their bread with in this light. There's a reason why Tatsunoko is sometimes referred to as the "Hanna Barbera of Japan"... 8D

That said, I'd imagine that a "HBvC" could stand to do something similar. Balance out the roster with copious amounts of bad-ass (Swat Kats, Centurions, Young Hercules and Goliath, Race Bannon, etc.) and then could have some silly stuff too (Space Ghost, Blue Falcon and Dyno-Mutt, Atom Ant, QuickDraw/El Kabong, Snidely Whiplash and Muttley, Dexter's Lab, etc.).

But again, HB, like Tatsunoko, has plenty of "serious/heroes", as much as it has more silly stuff. The key would just be trying to find an adequate means of balancing it all for maximum enjoyment and fan-service.

Ryu possibly finding his ideal opponent in some one like Hong Kong Phooey? The possibilities would be ENDLESS!  8D

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #35 on: December 20, 2008, 09:23:29 PM
Ryu possibly finding his ideal opponent in some one like Hong Kong Phooey? The possibilities would be ENDLESS!  8D

Quicker than the human eye~ 0v0

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: December 20, 2008, 09:24:36 PM
Atom Ant

LOL, Atom Ant would quite possibly be the cheapest character ever.  I mean, he'd be impossible to hit!   8D

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: December 20, 2008, 09:29:09 PM
LOL, Atom Ant would quite possibly be the cheapest character ever.  I mean, he'd be impossible to hit!   8D

For the sake of the game, they could at least enlarge him to any where between Kobun/Servbot and Roll size.

He'd STILL probably be cheap, but at least they could try to balance him out, by making it so that he can't take the hits that well.  [eyebrow]

It'd be also interesting to see how many classical voice actors they'd be able to get for this game.

For example, if they used Johnny from the "New Adventures" series, maybe they could get J.D. Roth to voice him once more.  8) Then they could have the whole "QuestWorld" thing be a reason for him and Rockman.EXE to meet up....

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: December 20, 2008, 09:35:56 PM
For the sake of the game, they could at least enlarge him to any where between Kobun/Servbot and Roll size.

He'd STILL probably be cheap, but at least they could try to balance him out, by making it so that he can't take the hits that well.  [eyebrow]

LoL, Atom Ant...Up and AT THEM!  8D

It'd be also interesting to see how many classical voice actors they'd be able to get for this game.

For example, if they used Johnny from the "New Adventures" series, maybe they could get J.D. Roth to voice him once more.  8) Then they could have the whole "QuestWorld" thing be a reason for him and Rockman.EXE to meet up....

Haha, yes QuestWorld & Rockman.EXE would be a fun meet up.  I'd hope they'd get Q to voice Dr. Quest again. 

I'd love for them to get the Voice Actor of Quick Draw, simply for the sheer joy of hearing him yell KABONG.  They'd have to keep the same classic sound effect as well.

I'm sure they could get Phil LaMarr to voice Samurai Jack too, as well as Tara Strong to voice Bubbles or E.G. Daily to voice Buttercup.  I can't decide which Powerpuff Girl I'd want in over the other.

However, for Space Ghost & Birdman, they definitely need to get their Adult Swim voice actors to do there voices.  That goes without saying.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: December 20, 2008, 10:24:01 PM
I'm sure they could get Phil LaMarr to voice Samurai Jack too, as well as Tara Strong to voice Bubbles or E.G. Daily to voice Buttercup.  I can't decide which Powerpuff Girl I'd want in over the other.

More than likely, it probably be Bubbles. Isn't she the most popular of the 3? Plus, she'd probably make a great "doubles" partner for Roll.

However, for Space Ghost & Birdman, they definitely need to get their Adult Swim voice actors to do there voices.  That goes without saying.

I dunno. It really depends on if they want to go more for the classic style, or go with the MUCH more popular AS renditions.

I mean, I love the AS works of Space Ghost and Harvey Birdman, but shouldn't the original versions get the representation?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: December 20, 2008, 10:53:50 PM
More than likely, it probably be Bubbles. Isn't she the most popular of the 3? Plus, she'd probably make a great "doubles" partner for Roll.

I dunno. It really depends on if they want to go more for the classic style, or go with the MUCH more popular AS renditions.

I mean, I love the AS works of Space Ghost and Harvey Birdman, but shouldn't the original versions get the representation?

Yeah, she would at that!

I'd be all for the original version as well, but man do I love the AS version.  I mean, they wouldn't have to be as silly as they are in their AS shows.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: December 22, 2008, 05:19:13 AM
Man I forgot which mascots represent General Mills and which ones represent Kelloggs.
Would we still get the Flintstones if we got Post Cereals signed onto this?

Offline vile mk4

• Robot Master
  • Muchah muchah , muchah much.. KI KIRI KI CHIIiii
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: December 22, 2008, 06:14:27 AM
in the intro Fred Flinstone and Barney clash against Ryu and Ken.

The bad guys are "that guard from Yellowstone park" and M.Bison for each universe.

MATA DA CAFEE, MATA DE CAFEE FEE FEEE FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !! AYHOYY AYHOY TE DERETETETEEE TE TERETETETETE REE TE TEEE AYHOYY AYHOY

FEEEVEEEER ...DON DONDON DONDON.... PON PON PON pon pon pon PON PON PON pon pon pon PON PON PONPON pon pon ponpon PONPON PON PON ponpon pon pon PONPONPON pon pon pon PONPATAPON ponpatapon PONPONPATAPONPONPON ponponpataponponpon NOOOOS QUEDAAAAAMOOOOOSSSS uhHIUP  ** PLOP **

BOM BOM BOM bom bom bom BOM BOM BOMBOM bom bom bombom ...AH, [tornado fang] THE WOOD, I DON NEED IT, LET'S KILL DODONGA AGAIN

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: December 22, 2008, 07:50:44 AM
Needs Dick Dastardly and Muttley.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #44 on: December 22, 2008, 05:11:29 PM
No MENTION of FRED FLINTONE  or heck, just Bam Bam
Hmm... who made the Flintstones games for the NES? I remember having fun with at least one of those.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #45 on: December 22, 2008, 06:06:24 PM
Hmm... who made the Flintstones games for the NES?

Why, Taito of course~ owo
Both games were great.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #46 on: December 22, 2008, 11:56:58 PM

The bad guys are "that guard from Yellowstone park" and M.Bison for each universe.

Ranger Smith, if I recall. but indeed, with all thier stretchy to stiffness, we all know who's going to do the buttwhoopin'.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: December 23, 2008, 05:27:35 AM

Vega/Bison/Dictator? Sure.

But not "The Ranger". He may be a bit of a stick-in-the-mud/douchebag, but I'd hardly consider him "villain" material.

Would need some one grander than that. How about "SuperFriggin'Evil!Scrappy" from the first live-action movie?  8D

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: December 23, 2008, 05:30:09 AM
How about "SuperFriggin'Evil!Scrappy" from the first live-action movie?  8D

His Psycho Crusher would have to have "DA DA DA DA DA DAAAAAAAA P-P-PUPPY P-POWER!" before it!  XD

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: December 23, 2008, 06:52:57 PM
This sounds interesting! I wonder who would win in a fight between Johnny Bravo vs. Dan Hibiki.?  [eyebrow]