TheDivine · 37846

Offline gamefreak202020

• The Freak to End all Freaks
  • Cyberelf
  • .:[ADEL AWESOME!]:.
    • View Profile
    • MUGEN Genesis
Reply #100 on: July 20, 2011, 02:23:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoM5sT_XZxA - This sums up this dickmove nicely.

- lol, NeoGeoPocketColor Adel
~~GF202020 a.k.a. gamefreak202020~~

MUGEN Genesis! Join today!

http://www.youtube.com/user/gf202020

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: July 20, 2011, 03:57:51 AM
Its as if Capcom were a tall person, holding MML3 up in the sky, as I try to reach it. Then I get a punch to the balls as Capcom crushes MML3 in my face.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #102 on: July 20, 2011, 05:16:49 AM
I decided to post my thoughts on the matter here. I do hope that there's some way to get the project going again (or at least the prototype in the hands of the fans), because Capcom really pulled a jerk move.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: July 20, 2011, 05:28:51 AM
Well, I read your article. I'm kinda torn on the boycotting issue--how would Capcom know our intentions, if they did this? At the very least, the marketing department seems to be out of touch with reality (as in, they all moved to the backwards antimatter planet of Qwaard); there's no telling how they'd react.

On the other hand...support what? We don't know if they'll make any new MM games in the future--hell, we don't even know if Rockman Online will survive--and I think all Capcom has planned are rehashes of games people already played full price for. If we buy those rehashes, what's to stop them from assuming that they were right in dumping MML3 like this?

Also, left a comment on PRC replying to a couple of dickweeds who think we should all instantly move on from this, because if we don't, we're just childish idiots who can't handle reality. Context is a very important thing...

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #104 on: July 20, 2011, 05:44:19 AM
What I meant is that we can try to support other petitions that are trying to generate some buzz for Legends.  The Facebook and Legends Station art-mail are two examples of that.  I don't know what degree of effect they'll have, but it's better than nothing.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline IQ-0

• Ice Queen Zero
  • Resistance Member
  • Friendship Advisory - Magical Content
    • View Profile
    • 1CC Gaming
Reply #105 on: July 20, 2011, 06:07:16 AM
According to one mag I read, it worked for Megaman 7 and X3. Those almost never came out but fan support pulled through.

Offline kosmos

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: July 20, 2011, 06:16:06 AM
Boycotting Capcom will do nothing, the Mega Man community is not big enough and even if we were as big as the RE community, it will do nothing. And the worst thing is that it will portray us as an immature community.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: July 20, 2011, 07:05:59 AM
You can boycott them all you want, it won't stop them from making millions off of the next monster hunter title they make.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: July 20, 2011, 07:12:26 AM
Boycotting Capcom will do nothing, the Mega Man community is not big enough and even if we were as big as the RE community, it will do nothing. And the worst thing is that it will portray us as an immature community.

...we have to continue to support a company that not only epic-league trolled us (for lack of a better term and because I want to stop repeating myself), but won't tell us why? Yeah, lots of people are jumping the 3DS ship, but did Capcom at least try porting MML3 to someplace else? They aren't saying. Was the game just not shaping up very well? Maybe, but it was only ~25% done; why not use the other 75% to fix its problems? If they didn't think it'd sell well, why not release the Prototype version (a.k.a. the sales test) as planned?

Plus, Capcom has apparently forgotten all other languages and only speaks Money now. So there's that to keep in mind.

Like I said, I'm torn on this, but really--until Capcom gives us some answers, why shouldn't we at least be allowed to be angry about all this?

You can boycott them all you want, it won't stop them from making millions off of the next monster hunter title they make.

Maybe so, and maybe Capcom will never get the hint. But we shouldn't be forced to put up with this.

Offline Tsukishiro

• Seeker of Life, Friends, and Magic!
  • Robot Master
  • Doing my usual stuff, when I'm not sleeping...
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: July 20, 2011, 09:59:41 AM
Hey, guys. I heard about this unfortunate business that has occurred, and I went rummaging around the net for some additional info...

What I found instead was this:

http://projectlegends.aeroforums.com/

Apparently, many of the people from the Devroom, among other places, have decided to take up the cause of completing MML3, even if it must be in the format of a fangame to do so, and are looking for more people to help them out. Seems like the fallout may have a silver lining to it, how ever bittersweet it may be, ne?

Also, on a related note, should I leave a notice of this in the Fan Creations section, since this technically does count as a fan game?

Rockman! May you and all those who stand with you throughout the ages fight for everlasting peace!

Viva la Infaking, baby!

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: July 20, 2011, 10:08:15 AM
That'll get C&D'd quickly.

Well, at least there's always this. Get it before it's gone.
Legends 3 Flutter Theme

Offline Tsukishiro

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: July 20, 2011, 10:28:14 AM
You mean "cease and desist"? I doubt it, considering that Capcom themselves said that they have no plans for MML3 at this time, and the fans are planning to call it something else, just to be sure that Capcom doesn't go and get all huffy about it. Not that Capcom would have a reason to get all huffy about it in the first place, so long as the fangame doesn't go and make any money...

Edit: By the by, where did you find that wonderful piece, STM?

Rockman! May you and all those who stand with you throughout the ages fight for everlasting peace!

Viva la Infaking, baby!

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: July 20, 2011, 10:53:02 AM
Edit: By the by, where did you find that wonderful piece, STM?

http://www.capcom.co.jp/rockman/dash3/sound/bgm3.mp3

lol

Also, you're pretty naive if you honestly think they won't go all cease & desist on their asses.
Just you wait.

Offline Tsukishiro

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: July 20, 2011, 10:58:11 AM
Well, if they do, then it would officially make it clear that they are idiots, and worthy of the title of "Crapcom".

Besides that, there really no harm in actually trying until then, now is there?

Viva la Infaking, baby!

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: July 20, 2011, 12:49:42 PM
About that restoration project--as much as I doubt it'll work, I do admire the fans' dedication. But if Capcom is stupid enough to C&D it, then they'll just be digging themselves deeper. Much, much deeper.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: July 20, 2011, 05:13:24 PM
(in before I get an earful)

Now, I respect everyone's right to an opinion, but these opinions that I'm seeing aren't going to make this situation any better.
All I'm seeing is childrens' bickering, and I think that the community as a whole (if it isn't already dead or dying) needs to raise the bar. But that's my opinion.

Still... I have no shame in saying the following quote was part of a ban letter from 2008, sent to me by none other than PB. And I wouldn't even have logged in to post this if I didn't think it was appropriate.

I've read some stuff that made me laugh, facepalm, and just shake my head in complete amazement. I mean really, what does Rockman truly mean to you?  Is he your religion, your God, your savior, your Scientology?  Is this series some kind of huge driving force in your life, as if the very thought of losing it means losing out on true happiness and everlasting peace?  Seriously, if it is, then please do me a favor and seek some kind of counseling or professional help.  It's. A. Video. Game. and IT. DOESN'T. MATTER.  It's entertainment.  It's leisure.  It's something to relax too after a long day of school or work.  It's certainly not something to cause someone stress.
It's. A. Video. Game. and IT. DOESN'T. MATTER.

So what Capcom pretty much ruined one of your video game heroes. Can't be helped, just move on.
Surely you have other games you can play.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: July 20, 2011, 05:43:51 PM
A cease & desist is very unlikely.  Why would they start doing that [parasitic bomb] now, when they have left the dozens and dozens of other Megaman fan projects alone over the years?

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Sir Shademan

• A royal
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: July 20, 2011, 06:53:56 PM
So it got cancelled. I am really quite disappointed but as it was always a possibility to begin with I don't feel the need to get all worked up about it.

Getting angry won't accomplish anything, there are many things the fanbase could do to still support Legends 3 but whining like little children and making threats aren't going to do anything to help.

Who knows, maybe they might continue the project on the PSVita. I'm crazy for hoping that, aren't I.

Offline Ramzal

• B-Class Hunter
  • Don't sweat the technique.
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: July 20, 2011, 07:34:28 PM
I didn't plan on getting it even if it did come out, so it's no loss for me. I would just like to say that I do not blame Capcom for putting up the red light for this. Megaman is no longer a block buster title. For them to make money back, they need to sell over 2 million copies throughout the country. Two. Million. Under no reason should anyone even think of a second that Megaman carries that much weight in it's name. Even if it had the most ground breaking gameplay, interesting characters, or great dialog (Which most Megaman games lack anyways.) This is a business, not a "lets give people entertainment just so we can take a financial hit! :D" Time. It's a video game. JUST A GAME. Not the end of the world. Hell, how the majority of you acted from that MML3 april fools stunt was flat out disturbing as it was, but thankfully this isn't so bad.

Seriously, chill. Out. If this is the ground breaking, life shaking event of your life that ruins the next few weeks of YOUR LIFE, then stop. Stop, take a nice long look at your life, get your priorities straight and actually start living for something past Megaman.

Oh and a sidenote for those who think that Inafune leaving has anything to do with this, I have this to say: Stop fooling yourselfs. Inafune hasn't worked on a direct Megaman title since X5, and past that he's merely been a producer. Producers don't have to do much at all, and they have very VERY little control over the direction of games, and more towards making it apparent to the masses that the project exists. Thats. It. He. Is. Not. The. Capcom. God. ... ... ...  However, I DO agree that the direction they've taken with DMC is odd, but Dante seems more and more like a silver-haired Duke Nuk'em since DMC4.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: July 20, 2011, 08:11:11 PM
Even if your project is not for profit, you can be sued for use of copyrighted material. They have every legal right to stop you from using their copyrighted material in your fan works. The only thing you're protected from is legally passing it off as a parody. Typically you're going to get a C&D before a lawsuit, since it's easier for them, but they can legally just toss the lawsuit at you right away.

Case in point: every DBZ fan game worth 2 cents has been shut down by Funimation, who holds an iron grip and a stone heart when it comes to this. Ever notice that the DBZ official games even, have [parasitic bomb] like "Goku TM" and [parasitic bomb]? They're super Nazis when it comes to their copyrighted material, especially DBZ.

Another classic example of this is the Star Trek series. Paramount went out of their way to send out cease and desist letters to FAN SITES. They crusaded against their own fan base with zero tolerance, shutting down countless Star Trek sites. How did the fans get around this? The parody loophole. Ever wonder why the majority of Star Trek sites have been parodies of Star Trek? Now you know. I think since then they've relaxed things a little, but I'm not sure.

Capcom and Konami have a history of encouraging fan creations, and fan sites. Capcom even has (or had at one point) fan site starter kits. I can't recall a C&D from Konami or Capcom ever. Feel free to inform me though if it has happened. With Capcom's ever changing and degrading management perhaps that will change, but I see no history of it.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline ಠ_ಠ

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #120 on: July 20, 2011, 08:25:50 PM
This just irrational optimism speaking, but maybe this whole cancellation thing is to get our attention. And just maybe it's a plan to condition our minds so we are overwhelmed with happiness when Capcom's all like "HAHA JUST KIDDING!, in fact here's what we've been working on since then." and they show us a bunch of awesome new content. Or maybe LulzSec saw that 4chan post and decided to [tornado fang] with us by making a fake announcement.

Previously Zerokun.
If it moves, shoot it; if it doesn't move, well......shoot it anyway.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #121 on: July 20, 2011, 08:27:05 PM
Optimism is a virtue.

Make sure you will never lose it.

Offline ಠ_ಠ

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #122 on: July 20, 2011, 08:34:30 PM
Also, ya'll gotta remember that lots of the stuff that was going to be in RMD3 was fan created, so Capcom doesn't really have rights to it. So all we'd have to do is something like this (read the part about "Valve's" Portal) for the parts that Capcom originally created.

Previously Zerokun.
If it moves, shoot it; if it doesn't move, well......shoot it anyway.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #123 on: July 20, 2011, 08:55:35 PM
All fan-created content became property of Capcom when it was submitted. So to use it elsewhere would definitely get you into trouble.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #124 on: July 20, 2011, 09:30:34 PM
... why is this thread still alive?