Offline Fragman

• Made of Metal
  • Robot Master
  • My heart is made of metal
    • View Profile
    • AntiBunny
Reply #75 on: July 19, 2011, 11:33:11 AM
My immediate reaction:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x74TkNlP6tc

Really Capcom.  If it's not Street Fighter or Resident Evil you don't want to support it.  If you don't care about Megaman anymore then sell the blasted trademark to someone who does.

AntiBunny

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #76 on: July 19, 2011, 02:50:13 PM
I don't know... on one hand,
>Canceling MML3.
>DMC5 is outsourced.
>Dead rising 2 was ok then they release a reskin of the same game for full price.
>Selling shitty RE5 minigames.
>Make a decent casual entry fighter(SSF4) then proceed to go too far and make the shitfest that's MvC3.
>No ace attorney games outside of japan.
>MH3 is best selling Wii game for weeks but capcom refuses to release more MH games because they expected more sales, IE they [tornado fang]'d up hard with their business plan.
>Literally every single developer that made games you knew and loved as a child has left capcom.

...on the other hand, they released Ghost Trick not even a year ago.

Archer

Reply #77 on: July 19, 2011, 05:27:03 PM
...on the other hand, they released Ghost Trick not even a year ago.

And Ghost Trick is the only good Capcom game they've made.

Ever.

Offline Karai

• with RICE
  • B-Class Hunter
  • (not) Missing in Action
    • View Profile
    • My stuff & HI SKORS
Reply #78 on: July 19, 2011, 05:30:26 PM
Haha, oh wow. A Legendary sized [tornado fang] YOU!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: July 19, 2011, 06:47:11 PM
He kept repeating that statement in FB....
If that's true, then Capcom is a bigger dick than we thought.

Also, thats still a lot of money to spend on phoney development.

All to help Nintendo sell the 3DS, which many people would have bought anyway for the other games on it. In fact, many of the L3 hopefuls were already gonna get it, L3 just making them all the more convinced. And of course, now that this has happenbed, many people are actually getting RID of their 3DS's, mainly the ones who bought it solely for L3.

So... Whats the point..? Was it worth it when now not only are many getting rid of their 3DS, but deciding to never send another penny Capcom's way..? Nintendo still got the money for the 3DS sales, regardless on if people get rid of their 3DS... (any impact would probably be pretty negligible) but Capcom doesnt, unless they are getting a share.

so.. wtf..?

Someone really needs to get a comment from inafune on all this.

Really Capcom.  If it's not Street Fighter or Resident Evil you don't want to support it.  If you don't care about Megaman anymore then sell the blasted trademark to someone who does.
Like Inti. They would give him the love he deserves

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Archer

Reply #80 on: July 19, 2011, 06:50:58 PM
Someone really needs to get a comment from inafune on all this.

Who the [tornado fang] cares? He's irrelevant now.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: July 19, 2011, 07:00:47 PM
Ha, ha, ha, ha.

Bravo, Capcom!
Excellent trolling right there.
Way to [parasitic bomb] on everybody who friggin' supported the idea of this game.
You could have at least released that demo/prototype/prologue thingy but noooo, why should you? LET'S MAKE MORE SFIV REHASHES!

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: July 19, 2011, 07:01:31 PM
WHAT?!!!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: July 19, 2011, 08:02:15 PM
Who the [tornado fang] cares? He's irrelevant now.
The MegaMan fanbase cares. Because its interesting to hear his opinion, having worked there, and with megaman for so long.

Also, its fun to hear him badmouth Capcom.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: July 19, 2011, 08:03:25 PM
Ha, ha, ha, ha.

Bravo, Capcom!
Excellent trolling right there.
Way to [parasitic bomb] on everybody who friggin' supported the idea of this game.
You could have at least released that demo/prototype/prologue thingy but noooo, why should you? LET'S MAKE MORE SFIV REHASHES!

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition 2012 Edition. Coming soon.

We've now made Dan the best character in the game, but he's stupidly hard to use in that all his controls are RANDOMIZED every match!

Offline megaman24681012

• Toa of Ice
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Shoulda chose a better name.
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: July 19, 2011, 08:25:17 PM
I don't post often, to avoid other members badmouthing me; but I'll make an exception now.

I look at our reactions, we are devastated, Capcom has abandoned our trust, we have left the weightless promises they have given us.

But now I wonder.... Now what?  :'(

Kopaka: "That leaves you and I, Tahu Nuva."
Tahu: "No. That leaves only me."

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: July 19, 2011, 08:44:26 PM
But now I wonder.... Now what?  :'(

Now, Mega Man is dead.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #87 on: July 19, 2011, 09:14:45 PM
I think Inafune, wherever the hell he is, should somehow try to get the MM license from Capcom so that the one person in any sort of position of power that actually CARED about the franchise (it is his creation, after all) would be in charge.

Not like that will ever happen, of course, but it would be nice. Then, maybe, the series would get what it deserves, instead of being thrown away like it wasn't worth it. I mean, really, there is no way this can be put in a good light, simply because its nature is incapable of that. \

If Capcom is really that concerned about making money, maybe they should take a cue from the companies that are making money, and actually give the fans what they want. Or, at the very least, listen to them. But that's already been said.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline GuardianHX

• "Walker of Bee's Knees."
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: July 19, 2011, 09:46:03 PM
The cancellation of Legends 3 makes me feel like I was a cute little puppy being teased with a biscuit, only to be slapped in the face and locked up in a pen instead.

I have no interest in the 3DS for the moment... Hopefully something good comes along besides the OoT remake.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: July 19, 2011, 10:50:23 PM
Relevant

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_5LnKVfS5M[/youtube]

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: July 19, 2011, 10:56:53 PM
they had also cut support for the Wii and 3DS (old news though) so that was another indicator.
http://mynintendonews.com/2011/05/23/nintendo-capcom-announces-that-its-going-to-cut-nintendo-3ds-and-nintendo-wii-support/

also relevant.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0j0lO7uQBo[/youtube]

where
Guile = the fanbase
Bison = Capcom

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: July 19, 2011, 11:05:47 PM
Capcom... no, CapCON... I shall swear an oath of revenge... and I shall see to it that I get it. O:<

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: July 19, 2011, 11:26:35 PM
they had also cut support for the Wii and 3DS (old news though) so that was another indicator.
http://mynintendonews.com/2011/05/23/nintendo-capcom-announces-that-its-going-to-cut-nintendo-3ds-and-nintendo-wii-support/
That's ok, all of their good games are on PS3/360/PSP anyways.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: July 19, 2011, 11:53:06 PM
Hey anyone have that one image, Its the one on my sig, but Trigger is labeled "Legends 3 project" and the car "Capcom" or something. I remember seeing it a while back.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: July 20, 2011, 12:02:13 AM
I wasn't all too attatched to the project, but I do see how much this sucks to the people who were firmly behind this and apart of the community for it.

Thing is, it's been apparent that Capcom has been making business decisions lately that they think are going to make them money for one reason or another, no matter how unpopular. And when it comes to the Legends series..

Mega Man Megamix Vol 2, an interview in the back of the book.

INAFUNE: I quite liked "Legends" as well. There hasn't been much progress on that front, but I'm waiting for the right opportunity to bring it back into the spotlight. From a business perspective, "Legends" actually put us into the red. (laughs) Very few of my titles ever went into the red, but the three "Legends" titles somehow managed to do so. That's not to say that they didn't sell well enough... we just didn't recoup our development costs.

ARIGA: Does that include "The Misadventures of Tron Bonne?"

INAFUNE: Yes. Considering that the "Mega Man" series has sold 16 million copies overall, "The Misadventures of Tron Bonne" definitely stood out in a bad way. (laughs)

Legends, no matter how popular with the fans, failed in business terms. What's to make anyone believe Legends 3 would have done any better? Sorry guys, but video games are still a business, after all.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #95 on: July 20, 2011, 12:15:13 AM
That precedent was set a decade ago with no follow-up (barring two unenhanced-for-PSP ports, nobody should have to tell you why those didn't sell).  What really pisses me off here, is that they did this before the Prototype Version saw release, which is to say they can't even be assed to follow through with a damn "test the waters" prologue, well after said game's intended release date.

Copy/paste from my Devroom comment after the break:

Okay, be honest. Most of us in the last decade or so have considered Legends 3 to be something of a pipe dream, and the minute the "green-light" story first hit the blog, we all were snapped into the reality that this "Project" may well not see a retail release.

However, I must say, it is an extreme dick move to every fan to do this before the Prototype Version saw release. The essence of the Prototype Version, as it was originally advertised, was to offer us the chance to see what the "greenlight meeting" people saw. To see where the game was, what direction it was going in, and what kind of spark it could light in those who played it. Now, WELL PAST THE ORIGINAL RELEASE DATE, we're told that will never be. Because the delay to "improve" this product lead to it never happening.

Capcom, if you have *ANY* respect for what the Devroom was attempting (even if it did scare the crap out of your close-minded big-wigs in the higher offices), you could have at least saved the obvious public relations bullshit, which is frankly insulting to our intelligence. If you were uncertain the Prototype Version was to see release, you should have said so the moment the so-called "delay" was first announced. I smell an obvious rat in that sequence of events, and I find that more offensive than the cancellation of Legends 3 itself. It says that the very spirit of the Devroom failed, not because the game wasn't released, but because the company that created the Devroom refused to actually believe in it.

My condolences, and eternal appreciation, to the entire Legends 3 staff for the extreme headache you went to to bring us what "development" content you did to try and involve us. I know you were met with resistance, I know that to some it challenged every fiber of what "game development" is, and I am sincerely grateful for your efforts to break that trend.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #96 on: July 20, 2011, 01:03:49 AM
My immediate reaction:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x74TkNlP6tc

Quoted for the truth! Honestly, does Capcom think a frickin' rehash of Residel Evil's Mercenaries mini-game, SFIV, and [tornado fang]ing up Devil May Cry is a good business move on their part? Can't wait for SUPER ULTRA MEGA Street Fighter IV Ultimate Non-stop Climax NEO Arcade Edition PLUS 3D HD REMIX. </sarcasm>

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #97 on: July 20, 2011, 01:11:36 AM
Games are creativity.
Games are ideas formed from your own mind that becomes interactivity for you and the consumer playing said games.
Games are passionate unified interest between you and anyone else that share your passionate interest.
Games are art.
Games are music~ <3
Games are fun. FUN!!

Games goes WAY beyond business. With the right team and creative mind, you can see that the term "Video Games" offers so much more for developers and for the fanbase.

Let's take Cave as example here. Cave are mainly an arcade bullet-hell shooter company (they made games like ESPgaluda, DoDonPachi, Mushihimesama, Deathsmiles, Guwange, and so on) but they also make all kinds of other type of games with unexpected twists, like Nin2-Jump on XBLA. It's simple side-scrolling arcade action, where you pick up items to later reach the goal in a level. It's a simple concept that still works. The thing with Cave in general, is that they actually listen to their fanbase, and for them, it's OK if the games don't sell so much, but here in lies the reason why Cave games actually sells, even at the steep price they offer for both the arcade cabinets and their games on the 360. Not only do they have people that worked for decades and has still stayed in the company to develop, illustrate (drawings) and compose (music) new materials for their products, their games are set at a difficulty range that balance their income, specially in the arcades.

The drawings and artwork for their characters, backgrounds and overall appearance for their games are beautiful and also adorable~ But it also feels familiar. These games have characters and personalities you feel related to in some shape or form. Not to mention that the music made by Manabu Namiki and Yousuke Yasui all have this kind of unexpected love and effort put into them, with a specific sound font you don't normally hear in todays media anymore. It's mostly classic style game music, using Yamaha sound chips, to create melodies that actually gets stuck in your mind and that are catchy. And Yasui himself intentionally composes his music to sound like Mega Drive or 90s Arcade style music, and that in itself is a unique thing to hear and enjoy. If you want more examples on what their team at Supersweep composed, listen to the Mega Man Network Transmission (Capcom) and Battle Garegga (Raizing/8ing) soundtrack, and thank me later~ :cookie:

I can also mention Vanillaware and George Kamitani for their effort of creating visually appealing artwork, characters and animations that makes your eyes glimmer with love and excitement. Their latest game will be Dragon's Crown, but they have also made games like Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara (for Capcom), Princess Crown, Grim Grimoire, Odin Sphere, Muramasa: The Demon Blade and a few other beautiful games, so you can see why these games are still fun to play and appeal to a fanbase that enjoys these types of games.

Even in the early 90s, WayForward has a lot of spriters and composers on their team to create unique experiences that you don't see much of anymore, and their characters are mostly cute-looking but also has sex appeal, but not in a borderline way. Awesome games they have made lately is Shantae, Sigma Star Saga, Contra 4, Mighty Flip Champs and Mighty Milky Way, and there will be more later on, like Mighty Switch Force on 3DS. Not to mention that a personal friend of mine (James Montagna) is on their team designing and structuring the maps for their games, like in Shantae: Risky's Revenge, and the maps makes you explore so much of each area and use your skills and items to unlock new path, and that's a inspiring and addicting way to lengthen the game's replay value and the game's overall length. Kinda like the 2D Metroid and Castlevania games. And Jake "Virt" Kaufman's music is so over-the-top and exciting too, they are in a style that takes you back to the classic days of video games, but adds new elements into the mix too, and his compositions are unique too. Look into his stuff at Big Lion Music.

I could go on like this, but there actually are fun games that don't really focus on business and still wins the hearts of their fanbase and are unique original ideas with twists and memorable lovable characters in them as well. Like Capcom's Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective on DS, Marvelous Entertainment's Half-Minute Hero on PSP&XBLA, GameFreak's DrillDozer on GBA, CyberConnect2's Solatorobo: Red the Hunter on DS, DreamRift's Monster Tale on DS, Mistwalker's The Last Story on Wii, MonolithSoft's Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii, Ganbarion's Pandora's Tower on Wii, G.rev's Mamoru-kun wa Norowarete Shimatta!, Konami's Otomedius & Parodius & Gradius series, Capcom's Power Stone games, Psikyo's Gunbird games and countless others. I will stop here but I hope you get the idea about how games are fun interactive experiences for both developers and the fanbase, and their existence will be remembered by all the passionate gamers for years, decades and millenniums to come. <3

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #98 on: July 20, 2011, 01:45:53 AM
[spoiler=TL;Read it anyways]Games are creativity.
Games are ideas formed from your own mind that becomes interactivity for you and the consumer playing said games.
Games are passionate unified interest between you and anyone else that share your passionate interest.
Games are art.
Games are music~ <3
Games are fun. FUN!!

Games goes WAY beyond business. With the right team and creative mind, you can see that the term "Video Games" offers so much more for developers and for the fanbase.

Let's take Cave as example here. Cave are mainly an arcade bullet-hell shooter company (they made games like ESPgaluda, DoDonPachi, Mushihimesama, Deathsmiles, Guwange, and so on) but they also make all kinds of other type of games with unexpected twists, like Nin2-Jump on XBLA. It's simple side-scrolling arcade action, where you pick up items to later reach the goal in a level. It's a simple concept that still works. The thing with Cave in general, is that they actually listen to their fanbase, and for them, it's OK if the games don't sell so much, but here in lies the reason why Cave games actually sells, even at the steep price they offer for both the arcade cabinets and their games on the 360. Not only do they have people that worked for decades and has still stayed in the company to develop, illustrate (drawings) and compose (music) new materials for their products, their games are set at a difficulty range that balance their income, specially in the arcades.

The drawings and artwork for their characters, backgrounds and overall appearance for their games are beautiful and also adorable~ But it also feels familiar. These games have characters and personalities you feel related to in some shape or form. Not to mention that the music made by Manabu Namiki and Yousuke Yasui all have this kind of unexpected love and effort put into them, with a specific sound font you don't normally hear in todays media anymore. It's mostly classic style game music, using Yamaha sound chips, to create melodies that actually gets stuck in your mind and that are catchy. And Yasui himself intentionally composes his music to sound like Mega Drive or 90s Arcade style music, and that in itself is a unique thing to hear and enjoy. If you want more examples on what their team at Supersweep composed, listen to the Mega Man Network Transmission (Capcom) and Battle Garegga (Raizing/8ing) soundtrack, and thank me later~ :cookie:

I can also mention Vanillaware and George Kamitani for their effort of creating visually appealing artwork, characters and animations that makes your eyes glimmer with love and excitement. Their latest game will be Dragon's Crown, but they have also made games like Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara (for Capcom), Princess Crown, Grim Grimoire, Odin Sphere, Muramasa: The Demon Blade and a few other beautiful games, so you can see why these games are still fun to play and appeal to a fanbase that enjoys these types of games.

Even in the early 90s, WayForward has a lot of spriters and composers on their team to create unique experiences that you don't see much of anymore, and their characters are mostly cute-looking but also has sex appeal, but not in a borderline way. Awesome games they have made lately is Shantae, Sigma Star Saga, Contra 4, Mighty Flip Champs and Mighty Milky Way, and there will be more later on, like Mighty Switch Force on 3DS. Not to mention that a personal friend of mine (James Montagna) is on their team designing and structuring the maps for their games, like in Shantae: Risky's Revenge, and the maps makes you explore so much of each area and use your skills and items to unlock new path, and that's a inspiring and addicting way to lengthen the game's replay value and the game's overall length. Kinda like the 2D Metroid and Castlevania games. And Jake "Virt" Kaufman's music is so over-the-top and exciting too, they are in a style that takes you back to the classic days of video games, but adds new elements into the mix too, and his compositions are unique too. Look into his stuff at Big Lion Music.

I could go on like this, but there actually are fun games that don't really focus on business and still wins the hearts of their fanbase and are unique original ideas with twists and memorable lovable characters in them as well. Like Capcom's Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective on DS, Marvelous Entertainment's Half-Minute Hero on PSP&XBLA, GameFreak's DrillDozer on GBA, CyberConnect2's Solatorobo: Red the Hunter on DS, DreamRift's Monster Tale on DS, Mistwalker's The Last Story on Wii, MonolithSoft's Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii, Ganbarion's Pandora's Tower on Wii, G.rev's Mamoru-kun wa Norowarete Shimatta!, Konami's Otomedius & Parodius & Gradius series, Capcom's Power Stone games, Psikyo's Gunbird games and countless others. I will stop here but I hope you get the idea about how games are fun interactive experiences for both developers and the fanbase, and their existence will be remembered by all the passionate gamers for years, decades and millenniums to come. <3[/spoiler]

Quoting this for truth, too.

Yes, even the indie side of video game has people who are passionate of their favorite games they'd make tribute or homages to them. Example: ZUN's Touhou series (because these games has STG references all over the place); Konjak's Games Noitu Love 2: Devolution (to me, this feels like a tribute to Treasure's 2D games like Gunstar Heroes and Mischief Makers); Twilight Frontier's MegaMari, New Super Marisa Land, DynaMarisa (or should I say Patchouli Defense Force 2017), SITER SKAIN's Tale of ALLTYNEX games (ALLTYNEX Second, RefleX, and Kamui); Yotsubane's Crimzon Clover; [erka:es] Rosenkreuzstilette series; Cold Beam Game's Beat Hazard (this game is too awesome for words now that the Beat Hazard Ultra add-on fixes a lot of issues of the original game); Askiisoft's Tower of Heaven (best 8-bit music I've heard in my life); and Reverge Lab's Skullgirls of all things (this game got dedication by the mother-lode).

I wish I could go on, but I'm starting to forget some stuff plus I don't want to look like some know-it-all weeaboo.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #99 on: July 20, 2011, 02:09:12 AM
Let's not forget Traveller's Tales, who you all know who is responsible for the game that is Sonic 3D blast; has an affectionate series of satirical games known as Lego Star Wars. Even if the lego people don't speak (this ultimately results into some humorous gestures, such as Luke Skywalker accidentally slicing off 3PO's head or even that moment in the final act of "Rookies" in Lego Star Wars 3, which was one of the clones gave an affectonate "[tornado fang] you" before blowing the station up.. without vocals, aside from yells, grunts, sighs, and screams and the occasional "arrgh"), you got a sense of humor that Sega took like what, 10 years to get it back? Not to sound like a fanboy but damn. Nobody even mentions the cutscenes when they talk anything lego in the games.

Let's not forget Cave Story in the indie scene too, along with certain games that have actual humor that would make you well, laugh.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.