Mega Man Legends 3 Has Been Cancelled

TheDivine · 37829

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: July 19, 2011, 07:34:07 AM
Hey remember that other game people were waiting 14 years for? Remember how it turned out to be terrible in every possible way?

But at least it defied the odds and CAME OUT! ;_;

Archer

Reply #51 on: July 19, 2011, 07:37:38 AM
lol their facebook page is getting spammed

real mature, guys

Offline TheDivine

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: July 19, 2011, 07:39:07 AM

real mature, guys

My friend is all up on that with the "[tornado fang] you" and the whatnot. I asked him how it felt to get trolled harder than hes ever been trolled before by a game company and he [tornado fang]ing snapped. Incredible.

This is why no one takes the Mega Man fanbase seriously. 'Cause you're all 12 and dumb as [parasitic bomb].

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: July 19, 2011, 07:41:03 AM
Hey remember that other game people were waiting 14 years for? Remember how it turned out to be terrible in every possible way?

If i remember correctly, the most footage we've seen regarding that were some tech demo clips, which didn't even show much besides the game engine. Mind you, that was before we got recent footage when the game was (for the 80th time) given a "final" release date. And it looked horrible. We barely got any progress on that game, it was mostly being developed behind the scenes. Nothing but rumors flying everywhere.

While Legends 3 was out in the open with full fan support. A blog for fans to contribute ideas and concepts, and a decent amount of footage considering it was still only at it's early stage. And the gameplay looked faithful to the originals with added moves and attacks that actually looked fun to use. Unlike Nukem, which always looked "Meh" at most.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #54 on: July 19, 2011, 07:42:22 AM

real mature, guys
Can you send me a link? I need something to cheer me up after Capcom arch-douchebagry.

Offline TheDivine

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: July 19, 2011, 07:43:36 AM
Can you send me a link? I need something to cheer me up after Capcom arch-douchebagry.

I got yo back, dawg.

http://www.facebook.com/capcomunity?sk=wall&filter=1

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: July 19, 2011, 07:48:12 AM
This is why no one takes the Mega Man fanbase seriously. 'Cause you're all 12 and dumb as [parasitic bomb].

Imagine this:

You work hard on something. You're supporting it the entire time, even when its status is dubious. The higher=ups constantly assure you it's going to be fine.

Then all your hard work and hope was for nothing, because it was unceremoniously canned, and no one received any compensation whatsoever. They didn't even tell you why it was dropped, beyond some vague excuse.

That's us, and likely the devteam as well.

Just sayin'.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: July 19, 2011, 07:49:19 AM
LOL starting to remind me of 4chan's level of trolling/nerd-raging. >0<

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: July 19, 2011, 07:49:24 AM
Oh Jesus...

I mean, I'm not particularly happy about this announcement either, but that's not the way to go around showing it. The Facebook thing. Stupid ninja posts.

Please, Mega Man fanbase. Don't try to go neck and neck with the Sonic fanbase for most retarded. Even the My Little Pony dumbasses aren't that bad.

Offline TheDivine

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: July 19, 2011, 07:56:19 AM
Imagine this:

You work hard on something. You're supporting it the entire time, even when its status is dubious. The higher=ups constantly assure you it's going to be fine.

Then all your hard work and hope was for nothing, because it was unceremoniously canned, and no one received any compensation whatsoever. They didn't even tell you why it was dropped, beyond some vague excuse.

That's us, and likely the devteam as well.

Just sayin'.

I imagined this. My first thought wasn't "I have nothing left to live for" as I have seen many people say.
It wasn't "[tornado fang] Capcom rahrahrahrahrahrah"
Nor "I'm going to burn that [tornado fang]ing company building to the ground!!!!!111ONE"

Or any of the other bullshit I keep seeing.

You know what it was?

"Aw well. [parasitic bomb] happens."

Posted on: July 19, 2011, 12:50:30 AM

I like how you couldn't get that [parasitic bomb] to stick on Wikipedia, so you did it to the MMN wiki. A wiki no one gives a [tornado fang] about anymore.

Good on you.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: July 19, 2011, 08:00:56 AM
I think this thread is pretty much over.

The bottom line: Capcom made a very stupid move, and if there is another big project that is generally underrated/unknown in the world of gaming... don't hype it up. Be happy, but don't go parading around the place cheering 'sanctuary'. Or there will be a possibility of getting your hopes crushed. It sucks not knowing whats next for the blue bomber now that this happened, but only time will reveal it.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: July 19, 2011, 08:01:43 AM
I imagined this. My first thought wasn't "I have nothing left to live for" as I have seen many people say.
It wasn't "[tornado fang] Capcom rahrahrahrahrahrah"
Nor "I'm going to burn that [tornado fang]ing company building to the ground!!!!!111ONE"

Or any of the other bullshit I keep seeing.

You know what it was?

"Aw well. [parasitic bomb] happens."

Oh.

Well, I just hoped that eventually, you might learn how to empathize. But no, you're going to keep sneering at us for being justifiably angry. For all these comparisons to the Sonic fandom and whatnot, at least SEGA and others didn't pull this kind of dick move.

Also--DO NOT quote me on this, but according to Mom, EA has or is going to buy out Capcom. (Keep in mind, they already bought Pop Cap) If it's true, then this may have been a factor in MML3's cancellation...and we may owe Capcom an apology. Oops.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: July 19, 2011, 08:01:48 AM
>No one cares about MMN's wiki anymore.

...Hm. I smell a venture I can undertake. Thank you, you magnificent bastard. 8D

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: July 19, 2011, 08:02:10 AM
I like how you couldn't get that [parasitic bomb] to stick on Wikipedia, so you did it to the MMN wiki. A wiki no one gives a [tornado fang] about anymore.

Good on you.
Because I was totally the one that actually did that just because I screencapped it

Offline TheDivine

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: July 19, 2011, 08:02:26 AM
 /highfive

Edit: @STM

@ the person above me:  Yup.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: July 19, 2011, 08:04:56 AM
EA and Capcom..?

Not sure I want...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Archer

Reply #66 on: July 19, 2011, 08:05:36 AM
EA has or is going to buy out Capcom.

The only possible way to make Capcom shitter than it already is

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: July 19, 2011, 08:07:08 AM
I feel really sorry for all the developers, they seemed really into this D:

...EA. Really? Where did your mum obtain this information

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: July 19, 2011, 08:07:56 AM

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: July 19, 2011, 08:08:47 AM
Wouldnt put too much stock in it. I remember a few years ago it was also rumored that Capcom was going to trade Mega Man for Splinter Cell.

It never happened.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: July 19, 2011, 08:11:19 AM
So now do we do for Mega Man-related news? Start putting up updates on Rosenkreuzstilette ~Freudenstachel's~ development, because with Isemiya vanishing into the Shadow Realm, WOMI is doing all the work now (and I should of been adding that to my own RKS thread of all things)?

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: July 19, 2011, 08:12:04 AM
...EA. Really? Where did your mum obtain this information

To be perfectly honest, not sure--she may have heard it from Dad--which is why I said not to quote me on it.

But it would explain a lot...

Wouldnt put too much stock in it. I remember a few years ago it was also rumored that Capcom was going to trade Mega Man for Splinter Cell.

I believe that was just a GameInformer April Fools' joke.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: July 19, 2011, 08:15:24 AM
Still spread though.

My initial reaction to L3's cancellation was to immediately think April fools, until the sinking feeling set in and the realization that it's nowhere near April.

Archer

Reply #73 on: July 19, 2011, 09:15:12 AM

Offline Frozen Potato

• The Unamused Blue Haired
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: July 19, 2011, 09:51:04 AM
Nick McCauley :According to an employee of Capcom (and he said this over a year ago actually) on an anonymous website, MML3 was never meant to be a game. It was a ruse by Capcom and Nintendo to sell more 3ds's.

He kept repeating that statement in FB....