Japan has been hit by a massive earthquake.

IQ-0 · 23284

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #50 on: March 13, 2011, 08:08:04 PM
Makes sense, since it's tectonic movement.

Posted on: 2011-03-13, 18:17:34
http://www.abc.net.au/news/events/japan-quake-2011/beforeafter.htm
For extra contrast.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: March 13, 2011, 08:23:14 PM
Makes sense, since it's tectonic movement.

Posted on: 2011-03-13, 18:17:34
http://www.abc.net.au/news/events/japan-quake-2011/beforeafter.htm
For extra contrast.

Oh god, that's dreadful. I wonder how long rebuilding/remodeling will take on average. The US better be giving them full on support, they need ALL the help they can get.

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: March 14, 2011, 02:26:22 AM
-o- Yeah, seeing that really shows how frail human settlement is against the forces of nature...

No news atm, I just woke up -v-, but let's have some trivia!

The quake has been upgraded to a 9.0

The Richter Scale is not linear, but a logarithmic scale. In other words, a 7.0 is 10 times more powerful than a 6.0 and 100 times more than a 5.0, etc.

So yes...9.0 is terrifyingly big and 10 is pretty impossible.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: March 14, 2011, 03:17:49 AM
Even with all of this, it's absolutely amazing how well-prepared they were. They've got actually quite minimal damage for this kind of disaster. It could have been much worse. And it seems the economy will be easy to fix, according to the news.

Offline Dantonumanoa Ongdolota Amycronicon

• Unwholesome, unsavory and unintelligible
  • Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: March 14, 2011, 03:19:15 AM
It's disgusting, some of the things I've seen in response to this. People are actually reveling because they hate Anime and JRPGs.

I put on my [twin slasher] face.

I also go by Spectro D., Idylleaus, Malabar, and Dumb-bit Twofuck.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: March 14, 2011, 03:24:39 AM
Oh, you haven't seen the worst, believe me.

There are a ZILLION facebook accounts with "Yay! God has finally given us payback for Pearl Harbor!" on their pages.

• Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: March 14, 2011, 03:35:22 AM

There are a ZILLION facebook accounts with "Yay! God has finally given us payback for Pearl Harbor!" on their pages.
I saw that, and it is just about the stupidest thing ever to come from Facebook, aside from Farmville. If I ever have to use Facebook for some reason, that picture that compiled all those responses will be a reference for who to filter from my attention span.

Also, I do feel like trolling them with 9/11, but it's not particularly worth it. Speak of petty revenge over distant past events...

Offline Girla PurpleHeart

• Sailor Eris
  • B-Class Hunter
  • ~Midna's True Guardian And Duchess of Twilight~
    • View Profile
    • PurpleHeart Palace
Reply #57 on: March 14, 2011, 11:06:12 PM
So far, Ishihara is calling the victims of Tsunami "Divine Punishment" and Yamakan is against this.

I saw this article on Sankaku Complex and here's what I wrote:
Divine punishment? What the [tornado fang]? How in the shitty [tornado fang] does this Earthquake have to do with "divine punishment"? People died from the Earthquake and Tsunami in the northern area and you called it a divine punishment? What the [tornado fang] is wrong with you? Do you even realized that some people have lovers lived there? God, this is the reason why I don't like you and your [tornado fang]ing pointless [parasitic bomb]. Great Job, your about to lose on the election and hell, you might not win because of what people heard you. So do us and Japanese's favor and JUST GET THE [tornado fang] OUT OFF OF THEIR [tornado fang]ing COUNTRY AND TAKE YOUR STUPID BILL WITH YOU, YOU [tornado fang]ing OLDFART!!

I know this sounds harsh, but if anyone knows Japanese and has his email address, please translate the quote from the above and post it here. I'm getting sick and tired of his bullshit.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #58 on: March 14, 2011, 11:15:36 PM
Link's not working for me, but yeah, that is rather stupid for him to say that. Since he's cuckoo, I don't think he has squat chances winning the election..

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

• Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: March 15, 2011, 12:50:44 AM
So far, Ishihara is calling the victims of Tsunami "Divine Punishment" and Yamakan is against this.

I saw this article on Sankaku Complex and here's what I wrote:
I know this sounds harsh, but if anyone knows Japanese and has his email address, please translate the quote from the above and post it here. I'm getting sick and tired of his bullshit.
Is this the sand-vagina fuckshit that wanted to ban Anime? Someone tell him that the atomic bombs on Nagasaki and Hiroshima were both "divine punishment", too. I can't believe the gall of people who actually have the nerve to say this.
You do NOT know what God, or whatever gods that exist, think.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: March 15, 2011, 01:15:04 AM
I want to kill this person.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UmotTE-VlY[/youtube]

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: March 15, 2011, 01:23:24 AM

Thos kinds of folk dont seem to know what HIROSHIMA is.
Or NAGASAKI for that matter.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: March 15, 2011, 01:29:43 AM

This girl is proof that there is no god.

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: March 15, 2011, 01:42:05 AM
*sees Douchehara's response to the tsunami*

he's running for a fourth term yet he says repulsive [parasitic bomb] like this.

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: March 15, 2011, 01:47:01 AM
WHAT. THE. [tornado fang].
*headbutts self in the ass somehow*
...............I think my life expectancy went down by 50 years.

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: March 15, 2011, 01:51:00 AM
The 'Pearl Harbour idiots' are probably stupid enough to believe this, and should have it thrown in their faces.

Anyway, yes, Ishihara is the same idiot who ran around trying to 'ban anime'. (Working Link)
ANN is having server problems atm though, because all the concerned otaku are flooding it for news of their favourite personalities.
Here's the top part of the article for you.

Tokyo Governor Shintaro Ishihara said the following about the March 11 earthquake  (Tōhoku Chihō Taiheiyō-oki Jishin) and tsunami to the press in the metropolis on Monday:

The identity of the Japanese people is selfishness. The Japanese people must take advantage of this tsunami as means of washing away their selfish greed. I really do think this is divine punishment.

Ishihara was contrasting the "selfishness and greed" that he perceived in Japan with the identity of the United States with "liberty" and the identity of France with "liberty, philanthropy, and equality [sic]."

...Yeah. How did that dope even manage to become Governor. (I believe the untranslated version would be 「日本人のアイデンティティーは我欲。この津波をうまく利用して我欲を1回洗い落とす必要がある。やっぱり天罰だと思う」)

Oh and Yamakan did the most badass thing ever and tweeted this:

To apply "divine punishment" indiscriminately to innocent people is absolutely ridiculous. Ishihara, you who can't speak Japanese properly, have no right to place that identity on others.

I thought most Japanese were Shintoists anyway.

-

Most recent disaster news includes scheduled blackouts to conserve energy, a hydrogen explosion at reactor 3, and a tsunami false alarm. Better than a missed alarm, in any case.

But reactor 3 isn't gonna have a meltdown.

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: March 15, 2011, 01:58:01 AM
...Yeah. How did that dope even manage to become Governor.

Electoral Fraud perhaps?

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: March 15, 2011, 02:00:24 AM

Either she's trolling, or she has a similar mindset to Shirley Felts Roper.
And to repeat.
"Not to be rude or anything, but I hope God kicks her and her inbred family church through the goalpost of life."

It's a shame people always love taking religion way too far, if people were more level headed in spreading their religion.
Christianity really makes my tummy hurt.
Electoral Fraud perhaps?
Being very good at hiding the fact he's bad at making excuses and ends up offending people.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: March 15, 2011, 02:29:59 AM

I almost want to delete this post because it doesn't contribute to anything more than a terrible perception of what it means to be religious (being happy because an earthquake hit and potentially ruined a lot of things for the human beings living there because it shows that "He's real?" I didn't see one ounce of remorse from this woman for the people affected as she said that, and that is truly scary) but at the same time, it's just one of many crowning examples of modern day ignorance and agenda pushing that makes me hate to say I'm religious to some people out of fear of being lumped in the same category as this. :|

[/rant]

Edit: Ishi is a tool. Nuff said.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: March 15, 2011, 02:41:02 AM
Just BTW, but seems Inafune and Ariga are fine. He posted on his blog yesterday, the 13th. and Ariga himself also made his own comments. (you can see that on Protodude's corner)

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: March 15, 2011, 02:51:10 AM
I almost want to delete this post because it doesn't contribute to anything more than a terrible perception of what it means to be religious (being happy because an earthquake hit and potentially ruined a lot of things for the human beings living there because it shows that "He's real?" I didn't see one ounce of remorse from this woman for the people affected as she said that, and that is truly scary) but at the same time, it's just one of many crowning examples of modern day ignorance and agenda pushing that makes me hate to say I'm religious to some people out of fear of being lumped in the same category as this. :|

[/rant]

Edit: Ishi is a tool. Nuff said.
Why the hell would you delete a post like this? I am religious myself, and I actually want to show how stupid people can get.

Extremism in any belief, idea or subject leads to people like this. Why the hell would you feel any shame on being religious? There are just as many atheist fucks in the world. Let's not insult the intelligence of people around here, shall we?

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: March 15, 2011, 02:59:20 AM
It's mainly because I don't want to see this topic get flooded with responses to the video and thusly opening up the floodgates for the "lol religion" pov while detracting from the actual earthquake issues that are still current/good things that are happening in result/compassion to the event. In retrospect though, RPM's actually much better than a lot of forums I hang around in this regard. Sorry if anyone took my comments as insulting though.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #72 on: March 15, 2011, 03:03:40 AM
Well, Jelly has a point. I do admit I'm catholic, but I'm not batshit crazy about it. @.@

But at least almost everyone with quake-and-flood proof sheilds is okay.. I do feel bad though that they are gonna have to put up with you-know-who's antics though..

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Girla PurpleHeart

• Sailor Eris
  • B-Class Hunter
  • ~Midna's True Guardian And Duchess of Twilight~
    • View Profile
    • PurpleHeart Palace
Reply #73 on: March 15, 2011, 03:26:57 AM
I didn't watched the whole video, but that girl is dumb.

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: March 15, 2011, 04:01:41 AM
I seem to remember religious people being like this when Katrina happened too