The Fashion Police

Satoryu · 13098

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
on: December 15, 2008, 04:47:36 AM
is there anything you see people wearing that irk you? that make you say to yourself "Why would anyone ever wear that?" or "That's just ridiculous."

i'll give a few examples:

- i hate it when i see guys wearing black nail polish. i didn't realize being a social deviant meant adopting a girly custom. it doesn't make them devilish or badass, it's a form of metrosexuality. that goes for you too, Ozzy. this isn't so bad a faux paix. at least they don't do the same to their toenails. i hope.

- i don't understand why some girls wear pants under skirts. why not just one or the other? leggings i can understand, though i still hate the look. but jeans? Pick a side, people. We're at war.

- Crocs are disgusting. so what they're comfortable? they're not fashionable at all. would you wear shoes made of fecal matter if they were comfortable? not to mention Crocs get caught in escalators and rip off toes.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 07:41:53 PM
- i don't understand why some girls wear pants under skirts. why not just one or the other? leggings i can understand, though i still hate the look. but jeans? Pick a side, people. We're at war.
1. Because sometimes you want to wear a skirt, but it's too cold.
2. Because it's kinda cute.
3. Because it's dyke.

- Crocs are disgusting. so what they're comfortable? they're not fashionable at all. would you wear shoes made of fecal matter if they were comfortable? not to mention Crocs get caught in escalators and rip off toes.
FINALLY! I've been saying this for ages. Crocs are ugly as hell.

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 12:31:58 AM
I don't understand why some girls wear clothes.

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 12:35:27 AM

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 12:37:17 AM
- i hate it when i see guys wearing black nail polish. i didn't realize being a social deviant meant adopting a girly custom. it doesn't make them devilish or badass, it's a form of metrosexuality. that goes for you too, Ozzy. this isn't so bad a faux paix. at least they don't do the same to their toenails. i hope.

I find Black nail polish creepy regardless of who uses it. No exception

Fetishes

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 12:49:51 AM
1. Because sometimes you want to wear a skirt, but it's too cold.

i wouldn't want to wear a skirt any time of the year, cause i have a [ray splasher]. but if i didn't, i most certainly wouldn't wear one in the winter. you gotta sometimes sacrifice looking good to be comfortable. i thought that was the point of Crocs and Ugz in the first place.

on a related note, if i were a woman, it would have to be extremely hot outside for me to wear a short skirt. and if i were a girl in an anime, i would never wear short skirts. do you know how many perverts there are in anime that live solely to flip those things? to them, short skirts = easy access. if i were to wear that, i should just put a "Cum Dumpster" sign on my back.

i got a little off topic there. to get back on track, what is the deal with The North Face? 60% of my college owns at least one of these sweater jackets, and wear them all the time. what is so special about them? i'm not saying they're ugly or anything. i just don't get why they're so popular.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 01:14:08 AM
And it's terrible to have freakin' huge earrings that leave you feeling uncomfirtable after awhile. and those that have holes in them and in your ear.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 01:15:43 AM
Personally, I hate it when girls put on those large snow boots that are fuzzy. You in the frikkin city and your wearing those...? No.
I like this person.

When was the last time I poked you guys...

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008, 01:24:53 AM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 16, 2008, 01:25:02 AM
FINALLY! I've been saying this for ages. Crocs are ugly as hell.
What are Crocs?

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: December 16, 2008, 01:25:48 AM
What are Crocs?

A special-brand shoes that makes your toes get stuck on a escalator...

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #11 on: December 16, 2008, 01:29:22 AM
A special-brand shoes that makes your toes get stuck on a escalator...

Yes, even when you are wearing those damage-inducting earings that go through your ear that has a hole in the middle.

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: December 16, 2008, 01:30:16 AM
But I love my earrings. o.o

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #13 on: December 16, 2008, 01:31:29 AM
But I love my earrings. o.o

But then, SOME earrings can hurt when you try to remove them, or have a chance of getting yanked from them.

Offline TeaOfJay

• Resident Talking Tea Cup/ Lazy Super Hero
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: December 16, 2008, 01:32:34 AM
Yes, even when you are wearing those damage-inducting earings that go through your ear that has a hole in the middle.

Wait, wait, WAIT.

What in the blue hell does wearing giant loop earrings have to do with wearing crocs that apparantly get caught in esculators and take toes with 'em?

I swear you're just itching to rant.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: December 16, 2008, 01:34:07 AM
You know speaking of earrings I don't understand those kind where they stick a spike in your ear and the hole is like a half inch wide.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: December 16, 2008, 01:34:17 AM

What the cup of tea said.

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #17 on: December 16, 2008, 02:03:44 AM
Wait, wait, WAIT.

What in the blue hell does wearing giant loop earrings have to do with wearing crocs that apparantly get caught in esculators and take toes with 'em?

Well..

1. Both are painful. (just try to hurry to get dressed in a hurry)

2. Well, they are both a little ugly..

3. They both are relaited to horrible fashion-sense. (who would wear overalls with crocs and giant loop earrings? ugh)

Offline TeaOfJay

• Resident Talking Tea Cup/ Lazy Super Hero
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: December 16, 2008, 02:21:36 AM
You see, that's not dirrectly related to the quote you were quoting. Now if Vixy said something about Earrings in that quote than I'd totally understand.

And like you said earlier, you don't like the big earrings. That doesn't mean that everyone thinks that way.

Personally I prefer comfort to style, since keeping up with style turns out to be so damn expensive. With a couple of already expensive hobbies under my hat I don't need a third expense getting in the way of my fun.

That being said, I wouldn't wear crocs outside of my home because I happen to like my feet.

And seriously, why can't people just stop bitching about other people's horrible sense of style and wear their horrible styles?

Mini rant brought to you by the letter "U"!

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #19 on: December 16, 2008, 02:29:24 AM
You see, that's not dirrectly related to the quote you were quoting. Now if Vixy said something about Earrings in that quote than I'd totally understand.

And like you said earlier, you don't like the big earrings. That doesn't mean that everyone thinks that way.

Personally I prefer comfort to style, since keeping up with style turns out to be so damn expensive. With a couple of already expensive hobbies under my hat I don't need a third expense getting in the way of my fun.

That being said, I wouldn't wear crocs outside of my home because I happen to like my feet.

And seriously, why can't people just stop bitching about other people's horrible sense of style and wear their horrible styles?

Mini rant brought to you by the letter "U"!

Well, if you count us losing our values over the past few centuries, that could be one of the few reasons.

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: December 16, 2008, 02:35:18 AM
... okaaay, since this thread has gone a wee bit off-track with Gaia's posts, I'm going to say that I rather dislike the whole "wearing pajama pants in public as regular clothes" thing. I understand, comfort is a big part of how one dresses. But it just looks silly. Plus, the air cuts right through them. The basic function of clothing is to protect your body, so why would someone want to wear something that fails to do even that?

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #21 on: December 16, 2008, 02:38:31 AM
... okaaay, since this thread has gone a wee bit off-track with Gaia's posts, I'm going to say that I rather dislike the whole "wearing pajama pants in public as regular clothes" thing. I understand, comfort is a big part of how one dresses. But it just looks silly. Plus, the air cuts right through them. The basic function of clothing is to protect your body, so why would someone want to wear something that fails to do even that?

Well, it's fashion. If it looks good, and accepted by the fashion guys, then it's popular. sad, but true.

Offline Asvel

• Erasurehead
  • Resistance Member
  • It's always '80s week when I'm around
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: December 16, 2008, 02:47:23 AM
-Uggs [acid burst] me off to no end. They make people's legs look fat. They're not so bad with pants, but with a skirt? Not even a model could make that look good.

-Boxers hanging out of pants that sit nowhere near the waist or hips. For the last [tornado fang]ing time, pull those up. You can have them at the hips and show a little waistband and that's fine, but if your ass is hanging out, ugh. I don't want to see your ugly boxers. If a guy's got a nice butt and he's wearing flattering underwear, I don't have a problem with it. But boxered asses hanging out are just plain NO. (I'm not saying this with any particular demographic in mind, it just does not look good on anyone. Some places will even write you up for indecent exposure if you show too much underwear.)

-Anyone wearing elastic-waistband "denim" will be unceremoniously defenestrated. (This is mainly just a problem with older women.) If you want something comfortable and easy to wear, sweatpants are fine.

-Anyone who isn't a teacher and wears seasonal sweaters, most of the time, won't look good in them. There are exceptions.

She loves the night and all that glitters
Her name in lights across the city
Don't you mess your life up Sunday girl

~Erasure

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: December 16, 2008, 02:49:30 AM
1. Both are painful. (just try to hurry to get dressed in a hurry)

proof you're just running your mouth. the whole appeal of Crocs is because they're really comfortable.

i concur. oddly enough, i thought i'd see more of this in college, with people dorming and all. but i actually think i saw this more in high school.

and about earrings, there is such a thing as too big. like the hoop earrings that almost touch the shoulders.

-Boxers hanging out of pants that sit nowhere near the waist or hips. For the last [tornado fang]ing time, pull those up. You can have them at the hips and show a little waistband and that's fine, but if your ass is hanging out, ugh. I don't want to see your ugly boxers. If a guy's got a nice butt and he's wearing flattering underwear, I don't have a problem with it. But boxered asses hanging out are just plain NO. (I'm not saying this with any particular demographic in mind, it just does not look good on anyone. Some places will even write you up for indecent exposure if you show too much underwear.)

or in short, "You ain't no gangsta. Pull your pants up!"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: December 16, 2008, 03:00:39 AM

Tell me about it most of the guys in my school do this, I'm suprised my friends don't, since they are all boys, but I'm glad they don't.  One time my mom saw 2 boys with this and their pants actually fell down and then they pulled them up quickly.