Ys Series

Ninja Lou · 1193

Offline Ninja Lou

• Samurai/Ninja of RPM
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Ninjas........Damn
    • View Profile
on: January 07, 2011, 04:11:48 PM
Ok so I have finally started playing this series and I am loving it. I beat Ys Oath in Felgana and Ys VI Ark. Anyway I found out that they are port I and II to the PSP. I know I and 2 are on the DS and normally I would just get the PSP in this situation since it would look nicer. The thing is I heard that the version on the PSP uses the original Ys attack system which is simply running into an enemy and Adol auto-attacks for you on the other hand the DS version probably won't look as nice but I heard there is an option to attack with a button. So basially I am trying to find out whether I need to get this on DS or PSP. Any advice? I kinda wanna play these before I tear into Ys Seven.

This post has been approved by Marle!

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 07:29:31 PM
I played the I and II collection of the PC engine a few months back. It's a good game, and everything wasn't too hard until I came up to this boss that was impossible for me to defeat. It's because you had to run up to him and attack him to deal damage and if you take like 3 hits from him you die. He hits very quickly so you'll wonder how you died so fast at first.

I blame the limitations of the battle system for that. Auto attacking is stupid with that boss.

I liked Ys III, beaten it twice.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 07:50:12 PM
I only played one Ys game. For SNES. I liked it. But other games seemed much better. Might try and get into the series.

Offline Ninja Lou

• Samurai/Ninja of RPM
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Ninjas........Damn
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 10:32:58 AM
I played the I and II collection of the PC engine a few months back. It's a good game, and everything wasn't too hard until I came up to this boss that was impossible for me to defeat. It's because you had to run up to him and attack him to deal damage and if you take like 3 hits from him you die. He hits very quickly so you'll wonder how you died so fast at first.

I tried the DS version at work to test out the attack. It can be changed to button pressed attacks which is cool. There is no voice acting though and I think the PSP has been updated visually. I just don't know if they added an attack button yet so I am still stuck on which I should buy.

I only played one Ys game. For SNES. I liked it. But other games seemed much better. Might try and get into the series.

I beat Ys Oath in Felghana and I thought it was great, I have Ys Seven but haven't played it yet which is good because I found Ys VI for the PS2 in my store for $10 and bought it. I recently finished it and also enjoyed it. I know you can find it on the PSP but I hear the loading is on the long side and they took out some things that were in the PS2 version.

This post has been approved by Marle!