Who are some of your favorite Brawlers? (2 Week Time Limit)

HyperSonicEXE · 7565

Poll

So, pick some favorites out for me.

Mario
5 (4.3%)
Luigi
4 (3.5%)
Peach
3 (2.6%)
Bowser
1 (0.9%)
Donkey Kong
0 (0%)
Diddy Kong
0 (0%)
Yoshi
1 (0.9%)
Wario
2 (1.7%)
Link
2 (1.7%)
Zelda/Sheik
3 (2.6%)
Ganondorf
2 (1.7%)
Toon Link
6 (5.2%)
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
7 (6.1%)
Pit
5 (4.3%)
Ice Climbers
0 (0%)
R.O.B.
4 (3.5%)
Kirby
4 (3.5%)
Metaknight
5 (4.3%)
King Dedede
1 (0.9%)
Olimar
1 (0.9%)
Fox
5 (4.3%)
Falco
2 (1.7%)
Wolf
3 (2.6%)
Captain Falcon
4 (3.5%)
Pikachu
2 (1.7%)
Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard)
1 (0.9%)
Lucario
2 (1.7%)
Jigglypuff
0 (0%)
Marth
7 (6.1%)
Ike
11 (9.6%)
Ness
2 (1.7%)
Lucas
0 (0%)
Mr. Game and Watch
0 (0%)
Snake
5 (4.3%)
Sonic
15 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: December 30, 2008, 05:12:04 PM

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
In this thread, I wanna know/make you choose, who are your favorite four (4) Super Smash Bros. Brawl characters?

They can be the best, they can be the worst.
You don't have to main them, they don't even have to be "top tier".
You may like them for the games they're in, you may like them for their appearance or qualities in this game, etc.

Pick four, and you can change your vote.
But I'm limiting the time to 2 weeks.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 06:34:38 AM
GAH!  Only four?  My list is too damn long....

1. Yoshi - Well, any who've fought me online know this.  Ph33r it.
2. Zero Suit Samus - About freaking time we got suitless Samus back.
3. Sonic - Just an overall blast to play as.
4. Ike - I try not to choose the "generic unoriginal best" characters, but I just love Ike too much.  Great Aether is FRICKIN' AWESOME.

And all the folks I'd vote for if I actually got that many votes:

5. Bowser - I have a soft spot for big reptiles, making this guy one of my favorite heavy-weights.
6. Pit - Along with ZSS this was a dream-come-true addition.  I love the design.
7. Peach - Much as I wish Daisy was in this game, how do you not love that Final Smash?  Or that strangely hypnotic dance....
8. Link - Yes, I'm a Twilight Princess whore.  And I'm damn proud of it.
9. Charizard - Once again, big reptiles.  But I'm STILL wondering why the hell Dragonite isn't part of the Pokeball crew.  Oh well, Latios and Latias are a start...
10. Marth - Who doesn't love Marth?
11. Luigi - I HATE what Sakurai's been doing to him, but the man in green is still the man in green.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 06:46:26 AM
Falcon, Dedede, and the Fire Emblem bishis. landing Falcon Punches is always fun, as is missing with Critical Hit. Dedede is [tornado fang]ing fun to use, and his face always gives me a smile. Hurricane Ike needs no explaination.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Harruhy

• OOGLE BOOGLE
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 06:48:05 AM
1. Sonic
2. Ike
3. Falco
4. Marth

*shrugs*

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 06:49:08 AM
Just 4?  I'm going to have to think about this...

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 06:49:31 AM
I'm in Hypershell's/PB's situation myself. The four I chose were:

Mario - I've always loved playing as Mario ever since the days of Smash 64. Why I didn't take to him as naturally in Brawl as in 64/Melee all boils down to how they changed two of his more prominent moves, the Mario Tornado and the aerial spinning bird kick, but after trying some new and different things with him, I see now that he's even more of a devious yet straightforward character than ever, something that I love when it comes to the ones I play most.

Luigi - Someone put him into perspective a while back, but it all boils down to this. Chop (front air), Poke (side smash), Trip (down smash), Whirl (Down Special), Burn (fireballs) and Fry (Close up UpB).

Pit - Yet another awesome "newbie" with quite a bit of potential behind him not just in the realm of brawl but video games in general. Also, ya have to love someone who can KO 3 times before even one knockout without stopping. (Sorry Akamaru) XD

Marth - Mah boi! Play him straightforward. Play him devious. Play him attack heavy. Play him stategically & defensively. Ground troubles? Feh, Marth sees those and say "[sonic slicer] I got hops!" XD

The point I'm trying to make is that everyone has a character that just clicks so well with them with no real explanation as to why. For me, that's Marth.

Other notable characters include Lucas (the almost Marth for me), Fox (the Spike Spiegal of Brawl), Ganondorf (complete with evil beard look), Link (surprisingly), Toon Link (see Link), Ike (and his overcompensating sword) and Captain Falcon (PAAAANCH!).

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 06:51:23 AM
And in case any of you are curious, yes, this is toward a specific purpose, and yes, there is a reason I've put a four-vote and 2 week time limit on this poll.
What that is shall remain a secret; I may not even get to do what I wanted.

And yeah, I guess we can discuss our choices.

Mario - Really, how can you hate this guy? Isn't that...like...a sin or something? No? Well...okay.
Sonic - THAT HEDGEHOG. Ahhh, what's to say? He's extremely fast, and the Genesis games were very fun. Sure, he's gotten shortchanged as of late, but I still remember (even when Sonic Team doesn't seem to).
Fox - Starfox 64 was and is one of my favorite and most memorable games, and seeing Fox fight hand to hand with everyone in the first Super Smash Bros. was an extremely awesome treat.
Metaknight - Okay, this last slot was tricky. Metaknight is self explanatory, really, but I feel obligated to tell you who he beat, and why:

Peach - Gorgeous, but susceptible to being kidnapped.
Falco - My main for the longest, but still a side character.
Wolf - Like Metaknight, an intriguing "rival" archetype. He's gotten weaker and softer as of late, though, and I miss the SF64 Wolf (VA and attitude).
Kirby - He's just there. Present. Yes, he's powerful, nigh unstoppable, saves everyone in Subspace Emissary, but I just don't like him as much as I do other characters.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 06:56:22 AM
Mario - Really, how can you hate this guy? Isn't that...like...a sin or something? No? Well...okay.

i think Mario's terrible in Brawl. sure the new Mario Tornado is pretty good, and Up B can actually kill people. but there are way better people than him. he wasn't that great in Melee either, but only because Doc was so much better.

for honorable mentions to my list, put ZSS and TL up there.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 06:57:05 AM
i think Mario's terrible in Brawl. sure the new Mario Tornado is pretty good, and Up B can actually kill people. but there are way better people than him. he wasn't that great in Melee either, but only because Doc was so much better.

Nah, I meant as a character.

As a Brawler, yeah, he's give-and-take, sure.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 06:59:25 AM
Sonic, Ike, ROB, and Toon Link for me.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 06:59:42 AM

Wait, wha--?

Well damn, looks like I'll be doing a second write up sometime. Also, what's with all of these brawl threads as of late... 8D

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: December 14, 2008, 07:00:18 AM

oh yeah, you can't hate his character.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: December 14, 2008, 07:02:08 AM
Also, what's with all of these brawl threads as of late... 8D

Brainwashing, I tellz ya!  :W

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: December 14, 2008, 07:23:59 AM
Okay, I've selected my 4...

Peach

What I loved about Peach in Melee, and what made me learn her, was really one and only one thing: her smug victory, "Ohhhh, Did I Wiiin?"  However, in Brawl, they've Smugified her EVEN MORE.  That same victory has been made even more Smugalicious, replacing the "Ohhh" with "Awwww" instead.  Peach CLEARLY knows that she's won.  She's just Smugnificantly RUBBING IT IN YOUR FACE, and I. LOVE. IT.  Hell, even her "LaLa LaLa Laa Laa" taunt is just smugly mocking you.  Ohhhh Peach, you smugnamious [sonic slicer].  How I love you!   0v0

*in Brawl Announcer Voice* TOON LINK

I was really hoping for him to be a character in Brawl, and I got him.  YAY!  Granted, I wish he had more Wind Waker-ish B moves, but overall I'm very very happy with how he turned out.  I'd probably say that Toon Link is my best character.  On a side note, I think that TOON LINK, MR. GAME AND WATCH, and CHARIZARD are the best Brawl Announcer Voiced Character Names out of them all.  *still miss ya, ROY*

Captain Falcon

Ahhhhh Falcon Panch.  How you've changed all of our lives.  I've always been a fan of Captain Falcon, even though I was never really any good with him.  I got okay with him in Brawl, but due to my trying to learn other characters, I've definitely slipped up with him, without question.  My BFF timing is way, way down.  However, I do have so much fun Brawling with him.  Few things are more satisfying that the BFF or Falcon Panch deaths.

Sonic

I love Super Speed.  It's my favorite power there is.  That's why I've always had a love of Sonic.  It's also why I love him in Brawl.  He can really move, he's got an attitude, and he's the fastest thing alive.  Plus, playable Super Sonic!   8D

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: December 14, 2008, 07:37:37 AM
1-Snake
Who DOESN'T have fun killing someone with a CARDBOARD BOX either edgeguarding or in sudden death? Seriously. Also, you can't deny how awesome and satisfying sticking a C4 on someone and then detonating it at the best possible moment is, you can't.

2-Ness
I just have so much fun with his PK Thunder and his aerials for some reason. Oh, and PK Fire is awesome.

3-Pit
NANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANA, enough said 8D

4-Ike
Recently, I'm having lots of fun abusing the superarmor he has during Eruption. Not to mention his too damn powerful o__O

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #15 on: December 14, 2008, 10:00:03 AM
When the polls ends, we are gonna play as those 4 characters in an epic online battle to the death. </wii>

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: December 14, 2008, 10:06:45 AM
When the polls ends, we are gonna play as those 4 characters in an highly enjoyable online battle to the death. </wii>

my vote is so obvious.

also no one wants to play online with me so good luck to those who do play this.

Offline pyromonki12

• Net Navi
  • Just Jump On It!
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: December 14, 2008, 11:16:58 AM
Olimar- I love him to death. Only because no one I play with even knew who he was.

They were just like... Olimar sucks with no reason what so ever. (They didn't even know how to call pikmin.  ::) )

so I chose him and mastered him. And the [twin slasher] is delicious.

Mario- I like brawling with him.

And magic cape. I use it to death. People hate me because of it.

Kirby- because he was such "low tier" in melee. I chose him. Now he's a powerhouse, so I tend not to use him as much. The hammer is so rewarding though.

Short hop side b, down b *cancel* short side b. XD

Ness: even though he feels gimped. I still love him, and the tactics you can use with him. Also, gotta love the "move back, heavy hitter" taunt he has now. :D

And boy is he.

My favorite is olimar though. Big time.

Offline Ephidiel

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: December 14, 2008, 12:26:00 PM
Pikachu Marth Ike and Snake nothing more to say

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: December 14, 2008, 12:48:23 PM
Mario is my favorite character there, but I don't like him in Brawl, so I'm gonna skip him.

Also, this is the hardest thing ever! There are too many great fighters to pick. I admire several fighters that I plain suck with, like Bowser and Pokémon Trainer. The truth is that there are few characters I don't admire in Brawl. The game is just way too polished.

Sonic
The main reason I struggled through Subspace Emissary. I don't care if he's X7 tier, I'm very comfortable tricking people with his ridiculous speed.

<insert sword-type fighter>
As of lately I've been growing very fond of sword fighters, mainly Meta Knight, Marth and Toon Link. Ike has always been a favorite of mine (according to my records, he's my second most used character) so, for this poll, I'm voting Ike.

Snake
Very unique style.

Samus et Zero Suit Samus
I'm not very good with them, but I love both. Samus is the Brawl character I want to master.

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Genderifically Confuzzled
  • Master's Unit
  • MAKE LOVE FOR MY KITTENS
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: December 14, 2008, 01:00:04 PM
1. Wario
2. Sonic
3. Capt. Falcon
4. R.O.B.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: December 14, 2008, 04:50:11 PM
When the polls ends, we are gonna play as those 4 characters in an epic online battle to the death. </wii>

Good guess, but nope, that's not iiiiiit~!

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: December 14, 2008, 05:01:19 PM
and you can change your vote.

... No, we can't do that. Someone forgot to activate that.

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: December 14, 2008, 05:10:30 PM
... No, we can't do that. Someone forgot to activate that.

Oh man, that must have gotten unchecked when I refreshed the page, because that's the second choice I added, just after I set the limit to 4.

I've gone back in to Edit Poll, but it won't let me change it.
Is there any way you can modify it? Or do I have to restart the poll?

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: December 14, 2008, 05:12:28 PM

(c) Sky Child~