I bet PB hears that a lot!

OOOOOH BUUUUURRRRRRRN!

Offline Ninja Lou

• Samurai/Ninja of RPM
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Ninjas........Damn
    • View Profile
Reply #130 on: November 03, 2010, 08:41:49 PM
Oh dick move!!! Now I will never hear the end of this.  Damn you Ass-id!!!

This post has been approved by Marle!

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #131 on: November 03, 2010, 09:16:35 PM
If Capcom quit making Legends 3, Japan would have the biggest Riot EVER

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #132 on: November 03, 2010, 09:21:53 PM
I swear, the next person that talks down on ZX will get the uppercut from a magical talking fish. I'm seriously growing tired of people being beyond superficial and unable to see ZX for what it truly is; a series equal to, if not greater than the one that precedes it.
I wouldnt mind doing the same to those who keep mentioning Megaman X and Classic 2.

Theyre good and all, but the games that came after were better, and the constant praising of those two is starting to make them overrated.

But definitely. ZX was amazing, and should not be talked down on.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #133 on: November 03, 2010, 09:31:19 PM
But definitely. ZX was amazing, and should not be talked down on.

So was Starforce, and they fall under the category of underraited. I love that game. Even though it's basically like Dr. Robotnik's Mean bean Machine being Puyo Puyo 1 as Mario Bros 2 US was Doki Doki Panic. Both were fun (the fact that I am a puzzle gamer here).

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #134 on: November 03, 2010, 09:33:13 PM
Well Star Force was fun, but for some reason, it just isnt that "good".
I cant explain it. its fun, but I wouldnt put it up there with the likes of Battle network or ZX even.

probably because it does preciously little to connect itself to battle Network despite being it's future, and  even as a "solo series" it is the same BN formula.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #135 on: November 03, 2010, 09:39:28 PM
Well Star Force was fun, but for some reason, it just isnt that "good".
I cant explain it. its fun, but I wouldnt put it up there with the likes of Battle network or ZX even.

Either it feels like it's a generation behind or people complained about the story or the characters. Yes, Starforce was built upon the Battle Network yes (although your character is strictly limited to three panels, gives you more time for strategy), Story was kinda meh and it only had one game that TANKED (that one Starforce/BN crossover game which was essentially a port of the first BN title, should've been a collection of some sort).

ZX was accepted (mildly, then some recolorists decided to grab ahold of the sprites and make a dozen Vent recolors) for the fact that it was a continuation of the Zero series from the perspective from the humans and still had the trademark gameplay, with minigames included (again, Gem Buster's one of my favs), and of course it was deeper so the characters could look badass and have a deep background behind their existance (Pro and Pan).

I just like the whole franchise equally. But again, it's all based on opinions, which on the interwebs is nigh-existant.

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #136 on: November 03, 2010, 09:44:42 PM

Still though,

we should try and play MH one day. Maybe the new PSP one. I suck at MH PSP though.

Aresian

Reply #137 on: November 03, 2010, 09:47:28 PM
I swear, the next person that talks down on ZX will get the uppercut from a magical talking fish. I'm seriously growing tired of people being beyond superficial and unable to see ZX for what it truly is; a series equal to, if not greater than the one that precedes it.

If it makes you feel better, I feel the same damn way.

MMM is just full of individuals who have no recollection of value.

So was Starforce, and they fall under the category of underraited. I love that game. Even though it's basically Puyo Puyo 1 as Mario Bros 2 US was Doki Doki Panic. Both were fun (the fact that I am a puzzle gamer here).

No. I feel differently. Star Force wasn't good. It wasn't even all that fun.

It was just... a horrible knock off really. This is coming from someone who liked X7 for what it was and adores ZXA. Someone that actually had fun playing EXE 4 the first two times through.

Yeah. That is just opinion though.

Daaaaayum, You two went to town while I was snoring.

Nothing like a late night discussion, huh? Oh well, you guys probably won't see that for a while I guess. (or me in some cases) Kinda done with a few things. Instead I'll just crack people down without getting involved anymore. Not interested in having to deal with PB. He makes me stay up too late.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #138 on: November 03, 2010, 09:48:21 PM
I wouldnt mind doing the same to those who keep mentioning Megaman X and Classic 2.

Theyre good and all, but the games that came after were better, and the constant praising of those two is starting to make them overrated.
That's debatable for the X series, as far as I'm concerned.
Although I do tend to prefer X2 a tiny bit more... not by much though.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #139 on: November 03, 2010, 10:06:46 PM
It was just... a horrible knock off really.

From what I've heard people are trying to pass it off as "milking the dead cow", but yeah. Opinions. They can set off a string of F bombs if an argument were to happen like (in a scenario) if someone said he/she liked the E.T. game, and that wouldn't be fun, right?

Aresian

Reply #140 on: November 03, 2010, 10:08:41 PM
Pretty much. Well, if you like it, that is all that matters right? I'm bitter that it essentially "killed" the EXE series... even though it personally didn't. But that probably isn't fair or something.

Don't know really. Don't care.

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Will our future be good? Only the cards will tell.
    • View Profile
Reply #141 on: November 03, 2010, 10:22:59 PM

On Mega Man X, your mileage may vary, but on the subject of Mega Man 2...definitely!

I mean, most of the classic titles are underrated. Mega Man 4, for example, is the most balanced of the NES titles, yet doesn't really get much love. That escapes me, really...

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #142 on: November 03, 2010, 10:31:32 PM
It also had the most epic final boss theme EVAR!

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #143 on: November 03, 2010, 10:32:48 PM
Mega Man 4

Cossack Stage 2 > Wily Stage 1 (MM2)

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #144 on: November 03, 2010, 10:57:19 PM

Oh be honest. You never hear the end of it ANYWAY! XD

Nothing like a late night discussion, huh? Oh well, you guys probably won't see that for a while I guess. (or me in some cases) Kinda done with a few things. Instead I'll just crack people down without getting involved anymore. Not interested in having to deal with PB. He makes me stay up too late.

I tend to have that affect on people online. Making them stay up too late, I mean! OH YEAH, and sorry bout not answering those IM's. I forgot to turn off my AIM on my iPod Touch when I went to bed. LoL, I got several messages from several people when I woke up! XD

LoL, and you can get involved all you want. In the long run, I'm just a man with a viewpoint as well!  ;)

Cossack Stage 2 > Wily Stage 1 (MM2)

I really love MM4 Wily Stage 2. IN FACT, LETS LISTEN TO IT NOW!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA95aSG2FYk[/youtube]

Aresian

Reply #145 on: November 03, 2010, 11:40:59 PM
It's cool, I forgot people use their iPods for messenger devices. Oh well, as for the whole me thing, I just need my space. It got a bit too personal when it probably should've stuck behind closed doors (PMs) and all that, but what is done is done by this point. It kinda laid the ground for how I feel about a few things and put some perspective on others. So, I'm staying behind the fence, as it were. I have other obligations online now as well, so it works out. Tis why I haven't been posting as much prior to the Legends 3 business.

I'll of course still do what mod work I do around here, as per my promise to Vixy. But aside from that, I'll let the RPMers be the RPMers and occasionally give a more stoic version of my two cents. As necessary.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #146 on: November 03, 2010, 11:44:11 PM
Awww, but you got rid of the blade wielding sheep in your sig. I liked that thing.  :(

Offline MrBaryl

• A new Shooting Star.
  • B-Class Hunter
  • "Everything for you"
    • View Profile
Reply #147 on: November 04, 2010, 01:17:35 AM
I love Megaman 4, it has everything a Rockman fan can ask for.

Aresian

Reply #148 on: November 04, 2010, 01:22:14 AM
Awww, but you got rid of the blade wielding sheep in your sig. I liked that thing.  :(

I guess I better put it back in. Didn't think about it. XD I think I accidentally deleted it.

Offline Ramzal

• B-Class Hunter
  • Don't sweat the technique.
    • View Profile
Reply #149 on: November 04, 2010, 03:28:14 AM
Inafune's interview somewhat made sense. Fan demand for games have been reaching ridiculous standards for what a "good game" is, however what I find odd is his complaint of how working in Japan is in comparison to working in the US. His viewpoint of US working of slavery is on and off. We DO work needlessly hard to reach a promotion, however if it were slavery... the promotions would range from "Entry whipped position" to "Whipped crew leader." From ten lashes to five a day. From one slice of bread to three! He wouldn't be happy working in Japan because he would earn a paycheck for nearly doing nothing as he explained, however if he worked in the US...he'd be a slave. So the only way for it to work for him is if he moves to....hell. Sri Lanka, becomes the single japanese majority in that land, starts his own company and forms things as he wishes.

Half of the interview makes sense, namely with fanbase demands and hype, insane numbers hired for a project, and chairmen of boards not knowing a damn thing about video games. However, when he gets personal about it is where he fails, because he's leaving a system that exists no matter where he goes. So unless he can start a company and become absolute president of the united Inafune.co, it won't work out for him well. Namely if others who would hire him get a look at the interview. He was dumb enough to -state- the flaws in his bosses publicly. If that isn't reference suicide, I don't know what is.