• ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #150 on: November 04, 2010, 09:11:46 PM
I'm pretty sure there was a mobile game for Degeneration actually x3

Yus~

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #151 on: March 24, 2011, 05:45:57 PM
I think this is new.

Rumors have been floating around for quite some time about Slant Six, former developer of SOCOM, working on a brand new Resident Evil title.  Today, we're here to officially validate those rumors along with giving you the very first detail on the upcoming title.

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

Hitting this Winter, gamers will be able to get their hands on Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.  Our friends over at the Official Xbox Magazine have the official cover story this month, and while we'll list a few details, you'll have to pick up their May issue to find out everything!

* The game takes place in 1998, a time where Resident Evil fans already know what's set to take place.  The title lets you enjoy the series from a new perspective, as the men and women who are technically responsible for it all.
    * Rather than continuing the zombie slaying antics of BSAA agents, you're taken back to the original outbreak "that underscored both Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis."
    * The game doesn't require any crazy amounts of knowledge of the past titles or characters involved in the series.  The title opens up to a "quartet of new faces".  Essentially, you're playing as members of the official Umbrella Security Services squad.
    * Operation Raccoon City is a team-based shooter allowing four members of the USS team to destroy all evidence of the ongoing outbreak.  Along with slaying the zombies, you're looking to "kill pretty much every survivor possible".
    * The gameplay is described as "dirty", and the series will feel much darker than it has up to this point.
    * The game features three factions that Capcom has stated make up a "three-corner conflict".  The other two factions are the US Spec Ops, who are there to repel the USS, and the "bio-organic weapon monsters (BOWs) created by Umbrella.
    * The USS team is made up of the following characters: Vector, Beltway, Bertha, and Spectre.  Depending on which character you choose, the responsibilities that you're asked to do within your team will variate.
    * Hunk, first seen in Resident Evil 2 as a hidden character, is the inspiration behind the USS team.
    * "Whichever team you play on, you'll be facing Umbrella-created horrors in between skirmishes with each other".
    * Zombies in the game can sense you in three different manners: sight, sound, and smell.
    * A situation is described in the game where Vector cloaks himself to stir up previously slumbering zombies to use against the Special Ops military foes.
    * Quite a few scenarios in the game aren't "all about headshots".  A quote in the article states, "It's about shooting the other soldiers - manipulating the, making them bleed."
    * The game will take you through a number of familiar areas if you're a Resident Evil junkie who remembers your journey to Raccoon City.
    * Operation Raccoon City, depending on how you play the game, will give you the option to "change the history of Resident Evil".  Not only will you have the chance to meet and interact with various characters from the series, but you'll even have the opportunity to kill them.
    * One of th mottos repeated to OXM throughout the demo was "Kill Leon".  It's also stated that if you choose to represent in the game as the Special Ops team, that you'd more than likely have the goal of trying to save Leon Kennedy.
    * Slant Six or Capcom won't reveal if any other characters will be playable in the title just yet, but it'd make sense to see quite a few big cameos.
    * The title will still see players relying on collecting herbs to heal from any attacks you may suffer.  You won't need to hoard any herbs, but they'll still benefit you to collect them throughout the game.
    * "This is not a one-versus-one game where you've got one clip full of ammo and zombies on you.  If you've ever thought of those times in an RE game when you thought, 'I'd wish I had a big gun', that's what this game is.  It's not fair to give people big guns, then take all the ammo away."
    * One of the pictures in the article showcases a zombie being used as a "meatshield".
    * Operation Raccoon City allows players to earn XP for kills, with these points helping you survive the onslaught, and to help to encourage you to anihilate everything in your path.
    * The XP will allow you to earn new abilities, such as Vector's cloaking skill, and new weapons.
    * Tyrants will most definitely be included in the title.

There's a ton of details listed above, but there's even more listed in the May 2011 issue of the Official Xbox Magazine.  Don't forget to be on the lookout for the issue to hit store shelves to get even more details on Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City!

http://stickskills.com/news/1556/first-details-on-resident-evil-operation-raccoon-city-unveiled/

Oh yeah, and in case anyone hasn't heard already, CV and 4 are getting an HD rerelease.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #152 on: March 24, 2011, 05:48:18 PM
I am optimistic.

REORC could be cool. But I'm more interested in the RE4 and CV remaked. Or HD ports. Or whatever.

But yeah, good news to me. Thanks.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #153 on: March 25, 2011, 01:01:11 AM
I am optimistic.

REORC could be cool. But I'm more interested in the RE4 and CV remaked. Or HD ports. Or whatever.

But yeah, good news to me. Thanks.
Yep. Always happens.

>New game announced
>People say how they loved the previous ones more and how they wait for their remakes

Why do people like playing the same thing over and over so much? Not talking about you specifically. Just... kinda gets to me how this ALWAYS happens.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #154 on: March 25, 2011, 01:03:08 AM
(Pssst... I never played Code Veronica. But keep that a secret).

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #155 on: March 25, 2011, 01:30:13 AM
It sounds like a cool game in and of itself but I'm somewhat saddened by RE's departure from survival horror~ A compromise between action and survival like RE4 would be perfect =w= (Maybe a bit more survival...)

But shooting people as well as zombies...D: I guess the story is gonna justify that but still...Well, they are making things darker.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #156 on: March 25, 2011, 01:32:30 AM
This is probably gonna be a SOCOM-like game, which means tactical third person shooting with squad elements. Zombies will most likely have some kind of intelligence to them and will be able to overwhelm you.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #157 on: March 25, 2011, 03:10:49 AM
I don't know, the description was screaming "FPS" to me.

Either way, I think I can safely skip this one.  I've had enough of [tornado fang]ing Resident Evil 2.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #158 on: March 25, 2011, 03:31:31 AM
As the biggest Resident Evil fan here let me jus say:

I dunno

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #159 on: March 25, 2011, 03:37:54 AM
As the biggest Resident Evil fan here let me jus say:

I dunno
Depends on what kind of Resi fan you are. The classic 0, 1, 2, 3, Code Veronica, Outbreak 1 and Outbreak 2 horror titles? Or a fan of 4, 5 and light gun games?

Honestly, they're all such different genres, I dunno. This game promises to be a wildly different genre as well. Why not give it a chance?

Offline CephiYumi

• RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #160 on: March 25, 2011, 03:39:49 AM
I play all of them ^^;

And I'll play this too, because it's RE.  I jus dunno what my opinion is on all this is what I meant

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #161 on: March 25, 2011, 03:17:41 PM
As the biggest Resident Evil fan here

I guess I'm number 2 then, but then again, I also play the old demos and research about the Betas that never got out, the ones you can watch on Japanese demo discs, like the Bio1.5 (RE2 Beta) scenes (you know, the one with Elza Walker).

I play all of them ^^;

And I'll play this too, because it's RE.

I play all of them too nya~ And I'll play this too when I get the chance.
Speed running the games is part of why I like them, specially the classic games. ^^

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #162 on: March 25, 2011, 03:24:04 PM
I play all of them ^^;

And I'll play this too, because it's RE.  I jus dunno what my opinion is on all this is what I meant
Just asking what was your favorite style of the games. =P

I'm personally interested in seeing how this is gonna turn out.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #163 on: March 25, 2011, 03:25:45 PM
The rail shooters are fun, like the Chronicles series on Wii. People should give the Gun Survivors a chance too. XD

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #164 on: March 25, 2011, 03:31:31 PM
Rail shooters are awesome. I kinda wish that the all-important plot points plot points from the shooters (Like, gee, BRINGING DOWN UMBRELLA) were actual main series Resident Evil games instead of just being chapters of a spinoff.

Offline CephiYumi

• RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #165 on: March 25, 2011, 07:35:29 PM
Just asking what was your favorite style of the games. =P

Oh uhhh, I dunno o.o  I guess I've played the classic ones more maybe

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #166 on: March 25, 2011, 08:59:09 PM
If this turns out well, I expect you to play an online round or two with me, Cephi.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #167 on: March 25, 2011, 09:12:21 PM
Well I starting playing RE years ago back when I had a PS2 and I played RE1: Director's Cut and RE2: Dual Shock Edition is what got me into play RE in the first place. Back then it actually scary for me since I was little and not knowing what kind of abomination I'd be up against besides zombies and dogs who wants to feast on my flesh. Never got a chance to play the rail shooter RE games because I could never buy them at the time... And I've played the heck out of RE4 on the GameCube to point where I could almost remember all the items and treasures are. I always wanted to get the Wii version, though, but never had the money to buy it.

I'd like to see how this one turns out. It's kinda reminds me of L4D except this sounds more militaristic and tactical.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #168 on: March 30, 2011, 06:36:51 PM
As what I believe to be the only person here who played SOCOM, I'll have to say the team really knows how to make strategy and co-op. If they take full advantage of it in this game, and make the most of it, it will become absolutely stellar in terms of co-op. Heck, Outbreak was already awesome, imagine it as a squad of cool dudes with zombie-defeating tactics and stealth.

Posted on: March 26, 2011, 12:27:56 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqKZKmZc0Gs&feature=player_embedded#at=16[/youtube]

Bumping with trailer.

Offline CephiYumi

• RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #169 on: March 30, 2011, 06:54:14 PM
Lol Leon

Offline Jazz Shaking

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #170 on: April 17, 2011, 06:33:24 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPTriQse5Ck&feature=channel_video_title[/youtube]

New trailer from Capcom.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #171 on: June 28, 2011, 08:28:09 PM
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/06/capcom-crushes-replay-value-of-new-game-by-making-saved-games-permanent.ars
My first thought: "That interpretation of the statement can't be right. They wouldn't talk about having replay value and in the same breath say you can't replay it."

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #172 on: June 28, 2011, 09:34:39 PM
That's bullcrap. Both the contradiction AND the locking of saves. (Next thing you know, there'll be a completely useless New Game +...)

Whatever their reason is, I wonder if they considered that, maybe, screwing your players over won't encourage them to buy the game.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #173 on: June 28, 2011, 09:38:19 PM
Capcom, that was a stupid [tornado fang]ing idea and you know it.

You should be ashamed of yourselves, Replay value is something games need to survive, and you just made your new Resident Evil game starve.

Good going.

Offline MrBaryl

• A new Shooting Star.
  • B-Class Hunter
  • "Everything for you"
    • View Profile
Reply #174 on: June 28, 2011, 09:48:33 PM
OMG LOL that's so funny XD Capcom be trollin'