RPM's Tweet Beat - Your Upcoming Source For NYC MegaMan Info

Protoman Blues · 11520

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile

Welllllllll, I'm really not good with photoshop, so if anyone wants to clean this up for me in terms of the white dots, by all means please, PLEASE do. Thanx to Hypershell for the fix to Tweet Beat.

ANYWAY, onto more important matters than my pathetic [acid burst]-poor photoshoping predicament. As you all know, this weekend is going to be a pretty big Mega Man information weekend for us fans. My beloved home of New York City will be host to not one, but two Capcom events. The first event is a special playing of Megaman Universe in Brooklyn tomorrow. The second is all the Capcom information that will possibly be announced at the NYCC, ranging from info & trailers of Megaman Legends 3 to perhaps a Megaman related Marvel vs. Capcom 3 announcement as well. Who knows what this weekend will hold for us.

Well, hopefully YOU will know as fast as I do. For I, your beloved and heroic, and possibly annoying, Protoman Blues will be full on at both the Brooklyn event and the New York Comic Con and I will be doing my best to tweet the information to you all as best as I can via RPM's Twitter. Yes, we actually DO have a twitter account, and now it's time to put it to use.

Now sadly I do not have a net capable phone (damn expensive data plans), so I cannot promise pictures. We shall try to work around that. However my tweets are tested and they're totally, triumphantly ready for twitter. This is my first tweet fest, so bare with me and insult me if anything goes wrong, and I'll read said bare insults when I get home.

Also, I should warn you that any Blues information shall probably be tweeted in CAPSLOCK, and possibly 2-15 times.  8D

Well, first up is tomorrow's playable MegaMan Universe event in Brooklyn. Enjoy.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 08:16:00 AM
My first reaction: We have a Twitter account?

So, at what time can we expect the flood of CAPLOCK comment to start? 8D

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 08:17:23 AM
LoL, like I said, I'll probably only CAPSLOCK something regarding Playable Blues!  8D

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 04:14:25 PM
*Reads "RPM Tweet Beat"*
*Sees Beat*
*lols*

Anyway, all you folks who can go, Make sure to take pictures!

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 10:06:23 PM
Well other than a possible Co-Op mode, nothing spectacular so far.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 12:35:12 AM
I have no means of tweeting, but my brother and I will be crashing the Comic Con on Sunday.  Hopefully I'll get to meet up with thy sexcellent PB and any other RPMers attending (you'll know my shirt, trust me on this).

if anyone wants to clean this up for me in terms of the white dots, by all means please, PLEASE do.
*cue the MM3 weapon theme*

I'm not the best photoshopper either, but it's an improvement.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 02:25:06 AM
Well I hope my tweeting was okay today! Heh, it's my first time!

So yeah, nothing much was revealed that we didn't already know about the game. However, I was the 4th person in America to play the game, so that was pretty cool (Lou was the 3rd). Lou was primarily taking the photos since I was tweeting and taking much worse photos with my cell phone. I think he took some videos as well, but it's really nothing we haven't really seen before. Gotta say though, the remixed MM2 themes were nice.

So more tweeting tomorrow from the NYCC, most likely from the Marvel vs. Capcom 3 panel in hopes of some newly announced characters of the Blues variety! So stay tuned to the Tweet Beat!  8D

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 02:28:49 AM
What tweets? The RPM tweeter remained the same all day for me.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 02:31:09 AM
LoL, seriously?

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 02:34:34 AM
Seriously

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 02:41:00 AM
It shows PB's tweets just fine for me. o.o;

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 08, 2010, 02:46:45 AM
Yeah, same here on my end! O`O

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 08, 2010, 02:49:12 AM
Well, looks like something happened with the cookies, I deleted them, hit F5, and BAM,  everything's there now.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 08, 2010, 02:49:53 AM
Curse those cookies!

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 08, 2010, 03:13:45 AM
Curse those cookies!

Must've been those Keebler Elves.

Offline Henger83

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: October 08, 2010, 06:04:07 AM
Well I hope my tweeting was okay today! Heh, it's my first time!

Gotta say though, the remixed MM2 themes were nice.

Yeah it's good, and I'd say right on point with what happened. owob

Those remixes were great indeed. A mini soundtrack hand out would have been uber sweet and I'd even pay for it. I'd wish they put that demo of the game somewhere else or as a downloadable preview or something to gamers to try. I'm sure we could have beaten all those levels if we had more time. Especially the one with the endless spikes (or so it seems)

Let me ask you, how were the controls in your opinion, mainly moving the characters? It felt awkward for me. The shooting and jumping seem on point when you press the buttons, but the characters felt very stiff when trying to move them. That annoyed me because I've been playing nothing but the classics before I even knew of this event and I know I should have done better.  I couldn't make that jump to the boss door for the life of me. It practically felt blocked off (stupid low ceiling) and having Quickman's speed made it worse no matter how I positioned him to make the jump. What do you think?

Well, looks like something happened with the cookies, I deleted them, hit F5, and BAM,  everything's there now.

If even after all that, it would be so wrong if everyone could see it except you  XD

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 08, 2010, 07:18:02 AM
Let me ask you, how were the controls in your opinion, mainly moving the characters? It felt awkward for me. The shooting and jumping seem on point when you press the buttons, but the characters felt very stiff when trying to move them. That annoyed me because I've been playing nothing but the classics before I even knew of this event and I know I should have done better.  I couldn't make that jump to the boss door for the life of me. It practically felt blocked off (stupid low ceiling) and having Quickman's speed made it worse no matter how I positioned him to make the jump. What do you think?

I thought the controls were pretty decent. I do think though that some characters handled differently. From what it looked like in the Character Creation thing, you can adjust that perhaps.

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: October 08, 2010, 11:14:07 PM
On a semi-related note, I heard that Archie Comics announced a new Mega Man title for next year on Mega Man Network. Ian Flynn teased at a secret project earlier this week but-- DAMN!  :o

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: October 09, 2010, 03:25:58 AM
Ummm, what's the uername so I can follow? :3

EDIT: Nevermind, all I needed was a laptop. XD

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: October 10, 2010, 06:36:30 AM
On a semi-related note, I heard that Archie Comics announced a new Mega Man title for next year on Mega Man Network. Ian Flynn teased at a secret project earlier this week but-- DAMN!  :o

Confirmed as true. The same people behind the Archie Sonic comics are penning this series.

I fear the worst already.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: October 11, 2010, 12:56:53 AM
Confirmed as true. The same people behind the Archie Sonic comics are penning this series.

I fear the worst already.

I met them today. He drew me Blues. PB was extremely happy!  8)

Posted on: October 10, 2010, 06:46:25
Well I'm glad to see the tweets worked. Sorry about the lack of pictures, but there was no WiFi at the Javitz. I hope they provided enough good info.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #21 on: October 11, 2010, 01:37:53 AM
Damn.  I visited the Archie booth and saw absolutely nothing MM-related; didn't think you could get a drawing.

I happen to actually like the Sonic comics, at least since issue 170 or so (for a couple years before that they were getting pretty lousy).  So, I'm hopeful.  Also, Spaz has worked with MegaMan already, IIRC, and his cover art for issue 1 of the Archie series looks damn awesome.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: October 11, 2010, 01:42:13 AM
Damn.  I visited the Archie booth and saw absolutely nothing MM-related; didn't think you could get a drawing.

He did it for me Saturday, at the Capcom booth, so that could be why.