MegaMan Legends 3 is REAL, AND IT'S SPECTACULAR...LY IN 3-D

Jericho · 190084

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #350 on: October 03, 2010, 10:05:59 PM
You know what they should announce next?

Megaman Xtreme 3D.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #351 on: October 04, 2010, 03:07:24 AM
Xtreme should stay 2D.
And use the same GBC sprites. 8D

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #352 on: October 04, 2010, 03:08:54 AM
Xtreme should stay 2D.

Now, if you would just apply this mentality to X1-3 you could be my best friend!

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #353 on: October 04, 2010, 03:11:49 AM
Personally I'd go for X4-6.  Many of the Xtreme sprites, not to mention Zero's TvC animations, are clearly based on it.

I'd never argue with more Xtreme, though at the moment I'd save that for after L3 is out.  We already froze hell, may as well let it thaw a little.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #354 on: October 04, 2010, 03:13:39 AM
Xtreme should stay 2D.

And keep the dash as a button combination so that PB will never play it? XD

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #355 on: October 04, 2010, 03:15:18 AM
I have nothing against the X-X3 sprites... I just don't want SNES X9.

But I do think X3's armor was a mess of pixels.

And keep the dash as a button combination so that PB will never play it? XD
His loss. >.>

If it were a Wii game, unless they map the dash to the B button, there would be no dash button.

3DS though, would have more buttons.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #356 on: October 04, 2010, 03:24:35 AM
That's why non-motion Wii games support multiple controllers.  However, from experience in SNES9x GX, I can tell you that the Wii Remote's B button works a *HELL* of a lot better for dashing than it does for weapon-switching.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #357 on: October 04, 2010, 03:26:50 AM
Sure does. I tend to remap dash to the shoulder buttons in the PSX X games too now. XD

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #358 on: October 04, 2010, 03:28:49 AM
I started doing that after I got X Collection for the GCN.
(oh, my poor MMX controller...  I'd kill for a working one, or even some spare parts)

But I do think X3's armor was a mess of pixels.
IMHO the style worked for X1, but as the series went on it became clear that character designs outgrew it.  What gets me is that unlike the NES style Classic-series, SNES X-series visual gripes are purely a matter of style flaws and not technical limitations.  It's not as if the SNES couldn't do better (hell, the GBC detailed Zero's chest plate better than the SNES).

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #359 on: October 04, 2010, 03:31:00 AM
(oh, my poor MMX controller...  I'd kill for a working one, or even some spare parts)

Yours too? :(

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #360 on: October 04, 2010, 03:39:07 AM
Yeah.  Rubber under the A button tore, so it doesn't spring back up the way it should (that and I left it disassembled for so long that the rumble motor snapped off, but that can be soldered).

What really grinds my nerves is that it was a warranty replacement from NubyTech, who did not request the original back (some electrical problem; GCN shut off whenever it was plugged in).  If I'd KEPT the damn thing, I could have done a transplant no problem... ;O;

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #361 on: October 04, 2010, 03:51:17 AM
Wow, so it was your second? That's even worse than my case (well, if we only mention MMX controllers, I'm sure I have around 4 broken GCN controllers somewhere in the house), mine was only one that just simply stopped working at random times making it impossible to play.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #362 on: October 04, 2010, 04:00:44 AM

IMHO the style worked for X1, but as the series went on it became clear that character designs outgrew it.  What gets me is that unlike the NES style Classic-series, SNES X-series visual gripes are purely a matter of style flaws and not technical limitations.  It's not as if the SNES couldn't do better (hell, the GBC detailed Zero's chest plate better than the SNES).
As far back as X1, they were already forgetting Zero's boob lights.
I DO think his X3 Sprite was OK though.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #363 on: October 04, 2010, 04:05:39 AM
And his helmet wasn't nearly spiky enough!!!!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #364 on: October 04, 2010, 04:23:55 AM
His X3-X6 sprites were just fine, and his X7 model was good, I just dislike they way they redesigned his helmet for X8, and to a lesser extent, MHX.

Its not even the spikyness, just the way they are leveled and the way they raised the halfpipe in the back. it just looked WEIRD.

i can live with the rest of Zero's X8 Clamp body, just that helmet that irks me.
In fact, heres a way that his X8 could have been handled while still staying within the same X8 style

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs4/i/2005/136/f/b/Zero_X8_pose_finished_by_tsukasasign.jpg

sort of.

Offline NEO Ness

• Purifier Unit
  • Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #365 on: October 04, 2010, 05:05:11 AM
Woh Woh! HOLD ON!

X3 and X8 are my favorite out of the X series games!

I would love to see the team who made X8, as well as the entire VAs, to come back for a 3DS X9  (From the looks of it, another game that looks like what X8 did on the 3DS wouldn't be too far off, if not better).

Plus, DASH3!!!!  Lets not get our hopes up too much on other games.  Didn't Inafune mention something about this being a new start of sorts?  I get the feeling that DASH3's success holds the rest of next-gen Mega Man titles (That aren't downloadable content) in its hands.

From what I see, Capcom has been pretty harsh on recent Mega Man titles.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #366 on: October 04, 2010, 05:16:15 AM
FYI i was just referring to X8's Zero helmet, not the whole game. the game itself was good, despite breaking a few traditions.

X3... Has its own issues. Fun game, but it has a few issues of its own.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #367 on: October 04, 2010, 05:23:02 AM
such as GIANT ZERO!!

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #368 on: October 04, 2010, 05:33:16 AM
Not necessarily, I can buy Zero being bigger than X. I think he IS taller anyway.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #369 on: October 04, 2010, 05:35:55 AM
I don't think he's THAT much taller though... :P

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline NEO Ness

• Purifier Unit
  • Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #370 on: October 04, 2010, 06:10:14 AM
*ahem*

WOOOOOH LEGEDNS3!!!!

I hope they have other Purifier units!!!!  I remember seeing some in the concept arts that didn't make it into the actual game!  Along with other Roll with equipment out on the field! 

A few of them looked pretty lame, but the one with the girl with arms like Juno and the cool guy with weird hair and cool mouth covering piece (Kanji names are the hardest to read for me!) looked really really neat for Mega Man units! 

So, is everyone else prepared to fight some Elders now that the system is destroyed?!?!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #371 on: October 04, 2010, 06:21:11 AM
Im really hoping to see some more of Trigger's past. I'd kill to see what he looked like when he was a Purifier. Didnt the master base him off of a friend of his? (or so i heard) Id sure like to know more of that.

Elder system though, yeah.

Offline NEO Ness

• Purifier Unit
  • Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #372 on: October 04, 2010, 06:44:30 AM
Pretty positive that Trigger was created with the Master's DNA.

[/theory] I know I don't have any proof, but I always had this feeling that the Master was Zero and X in a human form.  I have little to back it up, but just a hunch.  Like, since the Reploids and humans literally started to be able to cross with each other, when X and Zero were cyberelfs they had the ability to be human at one point, and their bond of friendship led them to be one body.  (Cheesy, almost sounds like a cry for a fan-fic!  Bleh!)

PURE speculation, but it would help to prove why Mega Man Trigger the purifier unit resembles and acts like previous Mega Man incarnations.

(Another bothersome issues is when i found out that his name was Rock Volnutt, and not Megaman Volnutt kinda made me mad.  Because when your told "Your real name is Mega Man Trigger, a purifier unit, like other Mega Man." [seen towards the end of ZX, that the term 'mega man' was starting to shape into a 'class' of sorts]  I wouldn't be surprised if I heard my real name was the same thing, but different last name.  Actually, I would have probably been annoyed/confused as to why this "Juno" guy has the same name I did before he tried to tell me my real name.)

Rock Volnutt to Rock Man Trigger sounds like a bigger name difference than Mega Man Volnut to Mega Man Trigger.

Speaking of theories and Triggers past, this person made a neat theory based on the little information given throughout the games= http://androidarts.com/mml/reaverbot_legends.htm

Not sure what the site was about, but it was an interesting read, and he tried to fill in the gaps.  Its a good theory, but, its not official.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #373 on: October 04, 2010, 07:41:50 AM
Yeah the name thing with  "Megaman Volnutt" was always weird and didnt make much sense.

Actually, thats one thing that although it will most likely not be corrected- probably should.
I hold it up there with the Localization of the regular ol' name of "Rock" into "Mega".

Mega and Roll. Rolls right off the tongue, don't it.

there was also that thing with how old Roll was at the time wasn't there?- Aren't her and Trigger technically around the same age? (excluding Triggers past life- I mean from the moment Barrel found him.) and if he was reset to a baby, then wouldn't Roll be around a baby/toddler age? depending on whgat age- she would be too young to be even playing videogames. If a bit older though, Her grandfather is going to let her name a baby after a video game character... yeah, I never really bought the whole "named after her favorite Video game character" thing...

It would also say a bunch about Barrel himself. Really? On a whim, he is going to allow his Granddaughter to name a baby he found after a video game character. Not even an actual name, like, say if I named a kid "Mario" or "Chris"(Redfield) but "MegaMan"?

When im an old man, Im going to let my granddaughter name the baby I find, "Sonic the Hedgehog." See how he grows up with that.

DISCLAIMER: Im not being a negative prick BTW, Im just pointing out how silly that was in hind sight, and how much more sense it would make if it was kept "Rock Vollnut". Please don't eat me.
I taste bad. Honest.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #374 on: October 04, 2010, 07:49:05 AM
I think the whole "named after a video game character" was thrown in as a nod to the other games, not as a canonical point.