New MegaMan Universe trailer, courtesy of 1up.com

Turian · 19553

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: September 03, 2010, 10:50:24 AM
I'm curious how the megaman/player character will look like. I don't know why ppl are comparing this to LBP. While I don't own the game, I have feeling that LBP has a lot of limits of its own, like the character always being the game's mascot in some form just altered. This game looks like it could have potential for even more characters other than MegaMan. I for one hope the megaman style character maker/generator will have lots of options, and options as much as Graffiti Kingdom has.
Sometimes I wonder. PS2 game before PSP and PS3, and LBP came on the PSP and PS3 systems. Its unfortunate that Graffiti Kingdom failed to get the attention it deserves. With GK's object maker you basically draw in 2D, then you can decide which shapes you want to use to turn it into 3D. This is why I wonder how MegaMan Universe's character generator will be like, if we really get to make our own megaman of our dreams.
I for one have an interest to make characters other than MegaMan to be played in this. Examples being Ninji, Mario, PulseMan, GIR, Sonic. Though I'm actually trying to make them in Graffiti Kingdom as I do not own any LBP games or a PS3 as of this message.

I can only hope that Capcom can give us solid info about MegaMan Universe's game design at this years PAX. ;)
You haven't really played the game, right? It's the level design, level editing and things you can create with the game's physics that make the game so good, not the characters. Characters are meaningless when you're designing a [tornado fang]ing Difference Engine out of wires and tape.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: September 03, 2010, 02:37:16 PM
Just saw this. Nice.
I lol'd at "American Megaman is hardcore" angry Megaman, in contrast to the normal looking Rockman XD
also, Steve the bad box art Megaman awesome. I like the graphical look, (AKA the route it should have gone, without the ridiculous overly cutesey PU designs)
But thopse jump animations... are awkward.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: September 03, 2010, 02:47:20 PM
This game is either the best ever for Rockman randomly throwing a Metal Blade, or the worst ever for doing so without changing color.

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: September 03, 2010, 03:45:07 PM
MMU has MM2 cast.

http://bit.ly/97YgVp

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: September 03, 2010, 03:54:30 PM
As if the fact that they used MM2 stages in the trailer wasn´t obvious enough :D

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #55 on: September 03, 2010, 07:37:06 PM
You haven't really played the game, right? It's the level design, level editing and things you can create with the game's physics that make the game so good, not the characters. Characters are meaningless when you're designing a [tornado fang]ing Difference Engine out of wires and tape.

Characters are not always meaningless, you know. One character could be doing one thing, while another character does something else to pass through certain levels. Like their jump heights could be different from each other, or one can fly, while the other one can't. What makes a game interesting is the combination of level design with the character that has the right abilities to pass through the level. Otherwise they would be stuck.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: September 03, 2010, 08:02:16 PM
His point was that the comparisons to LBP are not because of the characters but because of the level creator >_>

MMU has MM2 cast.

http://bit.ly/97YgVp

I find the fact that the JP title is using Megaman instead Rockman quite interesting.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #57 on: September 03, 2010, 08:08:15 PM
Looks like the MM1 and MM2 cast is confirmed, along with Arthur from the Ghosts and Goblins series (although he was already confirmed for the trailer).

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: September 03, 2010, 08:33:16 PM
His point was that the comparisons to LBP are not because of the characters but because of the level creator >_>

I find the fact that the JP title is using Megaman instead Rockman quite interesting.

It seems they intend on it being an international thing, with Rockman and Megaman and BBAMM. So they probably decided to use Megaman across all regions.

Also, if BBAMM is in, we can hope for someone else too?

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: September 03, 2010, 09:26:56 PM
Characters are not always meaningless, you know. One character could be doing one thing, while another character does something else to pass through certain levels. Like their jump heights could be different from each other, or one can fly, while the other one can't. What makes a game interesting is the combination of level design with the character that has the right abilities to pass through the level. Otherwise they would be stuck.
What I meant was, LBP's objective isn't to make people play with several different characters with different abilities, it's to make a classic platformer everyone can play. To say the game has limitations because it only has one character to play as is to miss the whole damn point of it.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: September 03, 2010, 09:33:07 PM
There's a fourth trailer on Gametrailers that showcases a little more gameplay, different song, and more info from Inafune.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #61 on: September 03, 2010, 09:48:28 PM
Looks like by what he mentioned "play as diffrent megaman in diffrent artstyles", he means it. Also: NUUU no more SF. Like we have enough street fighter characters in a ton of crossovers already.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #62 on: September 03, 2010, 10:09:33 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why a retro-visualed side-scroller is giving the Nintendo camp the cold shoulder.  I can only assume "download size/network feature" limits...

Yay for the Spark Man remix (even if Disco Dan's is better...).

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: September 03, 2010, 10:14:36 PM
There's a fourth trailer on Gametrailers that showcases a little more gameplay, different song, and more info from Inafune.

I wonder if the Spark Man's theme is a hint of some sorts. I wouldn't mind some MM3 love from Capcom's side.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: September 03, 2010, 10:21:42 PM
If Nintendo wants to have the same games as the other two, it needs to have a system of comparable features. MMU is an HD title.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: September 03, 2010, 11:24:23 PM
Nice to hear a sample from the Megas' MM3 album.

Posted on: September 03, 2010, 03:46:23 PM
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/unity-events

Although I'm not sure how much it has to do with just MMU!

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: September 03, 2010, 11:27:13 PM
I'll just watch and wait!

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: September 03, 2010, 11:41:15 PM
They just showed the trailer, and I think they are interviewing some guy next.

Posted on: September 03, 2010, 04:28:17 PM
I think they said that they're going to have more MMU info & possibly footage during their stream tomorrow.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: September 03, 2010, 11:44:21 PM
MMU is an HD title.
No offense, but that's a pretty narrow-minded statement.  These trailers are showing gameplay clips in windows about the size of a PSP screen and even at that size you can clearly tell what's going on (hell, I *WISH* MMPU would have distanced the camera that far).

When people say that there isn't a "graphics knob" to turn down between consoles, they're referring to how the entire package (game engine, textures, models, number of objects handled during gameplay, ya-de-ya) is often too complex to be ported between systems of varying strengths and architecture; the pixel resolution you wind up with at the end of the day is a very small and easily adjusted piece of the puzzle (remember that the "HD consoles" are all backwards compatible with SD TVs).

Nothing I've seen in the trailer looks like it's taxing system demands.  The graphics are, as High Max would say, "not amazing", and 2D platforming physics are 2D platforming physics.  Shouldn't be much more troublesome than Sega porting Sonic4.  Frankly, I wish Capcom were taking better advantage of the 360/PS3 system capabilities.  I still wouldn't like being out of the loop, but at least then it'd make sense, and there would be the peace of mind that they're putting their best foot forward.  I feel that their Classic/X developments ever since X8 have been on the lazy side, visually speaking.

If the Wii's system limitations are standing in the way, it's most likely WiiWare file size limits that are the problem, not system processing/resolution capabilities.

To which I curse the mentality of platformers being "not valuable enough" to appear on discs, and applaud Nintendo for "playing it safe" and doing with NSMBWii what likely every other game company in existence would have considered suicidal (you gotta love how IGN covers this stuff).  That aside, I must admit, whoever thought that 512MB was enough space for a downloadable games archive needs to get ZEE UPPERCUT!!

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: September 04, 2010, 01:53:55 AM
Stream seems to be over.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #70 on: September 04, 2010, 01:57:41 AM
Um no, it's on every now and then. ^^;

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: September 04, 2010, 03:08:21 AM
No offense, but that's a pretty narrow-minded statement.  These trailers are showing gameplay clips in windows about the size of a PSP screen and even at that size you can clearly tell what's going on (hell, I *WISH* MMPU would have distanced the camera that far).

When people say that there isn't a "graphics knob" to turn down between consoles, they're referring to how the entire package (game engine, textures, models, number of objects handled during gameplay, ya-de-ya) is often too complex to be ported between systems of varying strengths and architecture; the pixel resolution you wind up with at the end of the day is a very small and easily adjusted piece of the puzzle (remember that the "HD consoles" are all backwards compatible with SD TVs).

Nothing I've seen in the trailer looks like it's taxing system demands.  The graphics are, as High Max would say, "not amazing", and 2D platforming physics are 2D platforming physics.  Shouldn't be much more troublesome than Sega porting Sonic4.  Frankly, I wish Capcom were taking better advantage of the 360/PS3 system capabilities.  I still wouldn't like being out of the loop, but at least then it'd make sense, and there would be the peace of mind that they're putting their best foot forward.  I feel that their Classic/X developments ever since X8 have been on the lazy side, visually speaking.

If the Wii's system limitations are standing in the way, it's most likely WiiWare file size limits that are the problem, not system processing/resolution capabilities.

To which I curse the mentality of platformers being "not valuable enough" to appear on discs, and applaud Nintendo for "playing it safe" and doing with NSMBWii what likely every other game company in existence would have considered suicidal (you gotta love how IGN covers this stuff).  That aside, I must admit, whoever thought that 512MB was enough space for a downloadable games archive needs to get ZEE UPPERCUT!!
Trailer's most probably in its alpha phase to account for the sheer and pure ugliness of the game.

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: September 04, 2010, 04:21:09 AM
MMU will maybe show at TGS.

http://www.themmnetwork.com/2010/09/03/mega-man-universe-at-tokyo-game-show/

Personally I think its a givin that it should be shown since it MegaMan WAS born in the Land of The Rising Sun.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: September 04, 2010, 05:02:05 AM
Trailer's most probably in its alpha phase to account for the sheer and pure ugliness of the game.
I'd like to believe that.  I really would...  But Cappy's established a bit of a track record for low-poly models in MegaMan games (X8, MHX, PU).

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #74 on: September 04, 2010, 08:32:41 AM
Sweet new trailer, and I love the fact that they used another Megas track for this one (Lights Out, the instrumental version of You've Sparked a War).

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything