Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #25 on: August 26, 2010, 12:44:53 AM
AoSTH? SATAM? Underground?

The first two were fun (Toon Disney existed around AoSTH, mind you). the latter two sucked. (PLANT HHRRRGGGHH!!11111!!!11)

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: August 26, 2010, 12:46:52 AM
Oh, right. The first one.
But, AoSTH had the best Robotnik ever

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #27 on: August 26, 2010, 12:48:25 AM
But, AoSTH had the best Robotnik ever

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyM1UGD8sqM[/youtube]

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: August 26, 2010, 12:50:19 AM
Even if the games will return to the nostalgia encrusted pie they were, the fan base won't like it.
Not the retro fan base, the kiddo fan base that seems to enjoy furry harems and characters bursting from the seems.
There are some odd people out there, people who enjoy animals making out with each other.
And then there are the sick bastards like in Gibo.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: August 26, 2010, 12:51:06 AM
Especially when one of the characters is a beloved internet meme.

Can you feel the sunshine?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: August 26, 2010, 12:55:20 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyM1UGD8sqM[/youtube]
PINGAS [tornado fang] YEAR

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: August 26, 2010, 01:06:33 AM

Can you feel the sunshine?

Actually, I can't.

I really did like the music in that game (Radiant Emerald Vocalless is awesome, with Vocals its still pretty good though.)

But really, Reactive Factory's music... all I ever hear is [tornado fang] IT OUT [tornado fang] IT OUT, [tornado fang] ABOUT IT. :P

Hell, I just now realized all the track names in Sonic R have the first word start with R. Talk about slow.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: August 26, 2010, 01:16:54 AM
then theres Sonic Riders- which has the R in red, almost as if they did it on purpose. XD

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: August 26, 2010, 01:21:37 AM
Sonic 2, I consider the worst-looking of the Genesis titles. Seriously, they got rid of the crisp, clear look of Sonic 1 and made everything look more plastic-y. Reminds me of the change of models between Sonic Adventure and Heroes.

I can get behind this. It's a really fun game when all is said and done, but the amount of people that hold this one up for it's looks must have received a crippling eye injury between the release of colorful & really vibrant 1 and itself. Also, 2 > 1 > CD = 3+K. The other kind of Sonic fan who I'm convinced are loony, are the ones that say 3 (or in stranger situations 3+Knuckles) were bad games. I mean seriously, what?

Other than that, Sonic's cool with me still so long as the games are still fun to play. As it stands, I'm heavily anticipating Colors for taking what they started with Unleashed, seeing what works for real and building from there. I'd much rather prefer ST trying and building something with Sonic's new style of gameplay than yet another experiment which all of the previous games from the Adventure series forward have felt like. At least by doing so, they can find what's wrong and what isn't and make it work for a new style of gameplay as opposed to shoehorning certain elements in to appease fans/"be moar innovative"/etc.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #34 on: August 26, 2010, 01:25:38 AM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #35 on: August 26, 2010, 01:34:07 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSWnNVo2VWI[/youtube]
Original clip

Obviously Robotnik can't say it right without getting horny, regardless of language:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBzUT5ggsyY&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: August 26, 2010, 01:36:49 AM
then theres Sonic Riders- which has the R in red, almost as if they did it on purpose. XD

They want people to remember it but not be able to relive it. Hence why we haven't seen any more Sonic racing on foot since R. Seriously though why does he need a car or a board/bike, For the supposed fastest thing alive getting outrun by somebody is pretty pathetic.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #37 on: August 26, 2010, 01:43:14 AM
They want people to remember it but not be able to relive it. Hence why we haven't seen any more Sonic racing on foot since R. Seriously though why does he need a car or a board/bike, For the supposed fastest thing alive getting outrun by somebody is pretty pathetic.

I call carelessness/reckless driving on that one. It's Sonic, he just doesn't care unless shiny emeralds are on the line.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: August 26, 2010, 01:55:40 AM
Number one, if they did do a racing game with him on foot, it would have to be at least as fast as the current games. Unleashed and Colors seem to be pushing it a bit in terms of ANY kind of racing. Second, the last attempt at car racing, Sonic & Sega All-Star Racing was my own personal little GOTY, being racing heaven for me, a fun game which lasted me for a big while, had a ton of favorites, and was way, WAAAAY better than Mario Kart.

And Sonic R provided me with lots of great, fun moments back then. No, it doesn't hold up nowadays, but it's still a fun game to play.

...and Sonic X was unfortunately a huge dissapointment. TERRIFIC art style, I was impressed by it, but the plot was horrible and it was just your general kiddy Pokémon/Digimon style of anime, where a little boy of spiky hair is the Mary-Sue around the place and learns how to be strong and brave to act as a role model for kids watching. It's really too bad. The first episode showed such potencial.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #39 on: August 26, 2010, 01:57:40 AM
...and Sonic X was unfortunately a huge dissapointment. TERRIFIC art style, I was impressed by it, but the plot was horrible and it was just your general kiddy Pokémon/Digimon style of anime, where a little boy of spiky hair is the Mary-Sue around the place and learns how to be strong and brave to act as a role model for kids watching. It's really too bad. The first episode showed such potencial.

AND THAT PPPPLLLAAANNNTTT COOOSSSMMMOOOOOOO!!!!! Forget the hatred to the Mary-Sue, gear the hatred towards the interspecies love sub-plot in the later seasons.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: August 26, 2010, 01:59:41 AM
Didnt help that it was localized by 4kids either.
THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO [tornado fang]ing EXCUSE FOR REMOVING LIVE AND LEARN FROM THE SA2 ARC. NONE AT ALL.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #41 on: August 26, 2010, 02:02:50 AM
THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO [tornado fang]ing EXCUSE FOR REMOVING LIVE AND LEARN FROM THE SA2 ARC. NONE AT ALL.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgpWyB56KdI[/youtube]

Can someone link me to the clip please? I stopped watching it after I lost intrest.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: August 26, 2010, 02:25:44 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQH8Mgghbww[/youtube]
Around 2:20

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: August 26, 2010, 02:32:33 AM

That, along with the removal of Japanese wording on signs, was TMS' fault. According to 4Kids on the officially released subbed episodes.

Because TMS believes in "International" Versions of shows. Which I like to call utter bullshit, just give us what Japan is getting and stop cutting [parasitic bomb] out.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: August 26, 2010, 03:18:57 AM
If they did a Sonic cartoon in the vein of what Archie is doing now, it'd be awesome.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: August 26, 2010, 03:25:09 AM
I didn't mind Chris or Cosmo. Hell, Cosmo quickly became one of my favorite characters after I found out about her on Planete-Sonic (granted, the romance still bugged me).

What really pisses me off about Sonic X is that 4Kids wouldn't distribute it uncut. (Unless I missed something)

If they did a Sonic cartoon in the vein of what Archie is doing now, it'd be awesome.

Hopefully, without all the Wall Bangers the comic has been running into for a while now.

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: August 26, 2010, 03:32:58 AM
I really didn't care for Sonic X that much; I stopped watching somewhere around the first episode.

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: August 26, 2010, 03:41:20 AM
I remember being annoyed with the less than spectacular animation in a lot of later episodes.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #48 on: August 26, 2010, 03:41:24 AM
Hell, Cosmo quickly became one of my favorite characters after I found out about her on Planete-Sonic (granted, the romance still bugged me).

-1 point. That plant is evil. Chris doesn't bug me, but that plant is one of the sources of all Sonic Pairings. eeuuughh..

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: August 26, 2010, 03:45:50 AM
-1 point. That plant is evil.

Your mileage may vary, etc. etc.

But then, I am forgiving. I don't think there's a single Sonic character that really annoys me--though I didn't like how Elise was handled.