Digital Distribution Thread (Collection, Updates, and Sales!)

VixyNyan · 321079

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1300 on: May 18, 2016, 10:07:22 PM
Made enough from tips on my stream to snag the full version of Pocket Card Jockey :D

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #1301 on: June 09, 2016, 02:39:54 AM
It's that time of the year again where we sacrifice our wallets to the score deals on computer games... except it's not Steam, but that sale is around the corner. This is the GOG.com Summer Sale 2016, where you can grab DRM-free goodies on sale ranging from cheap to dirt cheap between today and June 22, with new deals being added each day during the sale. As the sale goes on, you can gain XP that builds towards getting free stuff (at the moment: Spelunky HD, Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father - 20th Anniversary Edition, and Dreamfall Chapters Season Pass) for buying games on GOG.com (regardless if they're on sale or not), checking in each day, and collecting badges. While this is happening, for the first 48 hours of this sale, you can also snag a free copy of System Shock 2, however this requires downloading and setting up their GOG Galaxy client and claiming it through there.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1304 on: June 23, 2016, 08:02:48 PM
Ugh it's still giving me Server Errors.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1305 on: June 23, 2016, 08:52:23 PM
Anyone who doesn't have Transistor, get it!

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #1306 on: June 24, 2016, 11:53:54 PM
Viper, get your [parasitic bomb] together. You're better at this than me. :^)

Sonic 25th Anniversary Humble Bundle

$1 deal nets you Sonic The Hedgehog (1), Sonic CD, Sonic 3D Blast, and Sonic Adventure DX.
Average deal (currently $9.60) tacks on Sonic 4 Episode 1, Sonic/Sega All Stars Racing, Sonic 2, and SA2.
$10 deal (which you might as well get) adds Sonic Lost World, Sonic Generations (yes!), Sonic 4 Episode 2, and Sonic/Sega All Stars Racing Transformed. $35 gets you a shirt. More stuff coming soon too.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1307 on: July 03, 2016, 07:50:46 PM
In the spirit of SGDQ 2016, Humble Bundle has made a special bundle of games. For $15, you can own a Steam and DRM-free copy plus OST (if available) of VVVVVV, Super Meat Boy (Steam-only), Guacamelee! Gold Edition, Escape Goat 2, Dustforce DX (also playable for Firefox and Chrome), Freedom Planet, Serious Sam: The Ramdom Encounter (Steam-only), and Serious Sam Double D XXL (Steam-only).

Also there's a pre-order discount for Under Night In-Birth EXE:Late on the Humble Store because pre-order that [parasitic bomb]

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1308 on: August 17, 2016, 03:11:20 AM
Humble Indie Bundle 17 is out. Currently the minimum gets you Lethal League, The Beginner's Guide, and Galak-Z; $5.52 average or more also gets you Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, Octodad: Dadiest Catch, and Super Time Force Ultra; $10 or more gets you Nuclear Throne. All games are DRM-free and have a Steam key included.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1309 on: August 24, 2016, 01:43:28 AM
Got a PlayStation 3 and/or 4 and looking to score some Capcom games? Humble Bundle got your back for the next two weeks with the Humble Capcom PlayStation Bundle. Donating at least $1 gets you Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 (PS3), Strider reboot (PS3 or PS4), Super Puzzle Fighter II HD (PS3), Final Fight: Double Impact (PS3, updated arcade ports of Final Fight and Magic Sword), and a 45% coupon for Street Fighter V (PS4). More than the current $11.83 average also gets you Lost Planet 3 (PS3), Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD (PS3), REmake HD (PS3 or PS4), Okami HD (PS3), Remember Me (PS3), and Mega Man 9+10 (PS3). Donating $15 or more also gets you 50% coupon for Mega Man: Only the NES Collection (PS4), Resident Evil 0 HD (PS4), and Devil May Cry HD Collection (PS3, comes with HD ports of Devil May Cry and Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition).

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1310 on: August 30, 2016, 02:18:57 AM
A friend of mine gifted me Overwatch: Origins Edition for PC since she wanted to give away her PS4 copy.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1312 on: September 28, 2016, 06:52:41 PM
Back to School at GOG. Also on Humble Bundle:

Humble Jumbo Bundle 7
[Minimum]
• RollerCoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack (Steam; Windows)
• Devil Daggers (Steam; Windows, Mac, Linux)
• Runestone Keeper (DRM-free and Steam key; Windows and Mac)

[Above the average]
• Stronghold Crusader 2 (Steam; Windows only)
• Prison Architect (DRM-free and Steam key; Windows, Mac, Linux)
• Punch Club (Steam; Windows, Mac, Linux)
• Agatha Christie - The ABC Murders (DRM-free and Steam key; Windows, Mac, Linux)
• Elegy for a Dead World (DRM-free and Steam key; Windows, Mac, Linux)
• Road to Ballhalla (Steam; Windows only)

[$9.99 or more]
• Miscreated  (Steam Early Access; Windows only)

Humble Clickteam Fusion Bundle
[Minimum]
• Clickteam Fusion 2.5 Standard + $50 USD Developer upgrade credit (Steam; Windows only)
• Rock Rock Rocket's Source code
• Oniken (DRM-free and Steam key; Windows, Mac, Linux)
• Plantera (Steam; Windows only)
• Tick Tock Isle (DRM-free and Steam key; Windows only)
• Necromonds + Source code (Steam; Windows only)

[Above the average]
• Universal Windows Program Exporter for Clickteam Fusion 2.5
• The Yawhg (DRM-free and Steam key; Windows only)
• Five Nights at Freddy's 3 (Steam; Windows only)
• Quadle + Source code (Android, Steam; Windows only)
• room13 + Source code (Steam Early Access; Windows only)

[$15 or more]
• Clickteam Fusion 2.5 Mac Editior (Product key)
• Install Creator Pro (Product key)
• iOS Exporter for Clickteam Fusion 2.5 (Product key and Steam; Windows only)
• HTML5 Exporter  for Clickteam Fusion 2.5 (Steam; Windows only)
• Concrete Jungle (DRM-free and Steam key; Windows only)
• Saucer Squad's Source code
• Fusion Shape's Source code
• Environmental Station Alpha (DRM-free and Steam key; Windows and Mac)

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1313 on: October 04, 2016, 11:05:38 PM
Fellow Humans, a robot-themed sale on Steam has initiated. Also Day of the Tentacle 50% off this mid-week.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1314 on: October 21, 2016, 10:56:36 PM
DEGICA Games Weekend Sale on Steam. RPG making programs (RPG Maker MV, VX Ace, XP, and 2003), RPG Maker games, Shoot 'em ups (if only I can get the ESCHATOS Wonder Pack), Fighting games, Platformers, and more by DEGICA Games titles are on sale up to 80% off.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1315 on: October 28, 2016, 06:03:47 AM
Humble GEMS Bundle. Some of these games are on Windows, DRM-free and Steam key provided unless otherwise stated.

[Minimum]
• Technobabylon
• Odallus: The Dark Call
• Chroma Squad (Steam key and DRM-free for Windows, Macintosh, and Linux)

[Above the average]
• Spaera (Steam only, Early Access for Windows)
• Westerado: Double Barreled (Steam only, for Windows and Macintosh)
• Assault Android Cactus (Steam key and DRM-free for Windows, Macintosh, and Linux)
> Assault Android Cactus for $5 but you have no spending money
Fuuuuuuck.

[$12 or more]
• Unbox (Steam only, Windows)

Also Halloween Horror Sale at Humble Store, with many horror or horror-theme games are up for grabs going upwards of 80% off, and an EA Promo Sale at GOG.com with many of their games going cheap and DRM-free.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1316 on: November 05, 2016, 04:56:08 AM
GOG Monstrous Fall Sale, which is basically their Summer Sale from earlier. Highlights includes Freedom Planet, Bastion, Transistor, and Guacamelee: Championship Edition going 75% off.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1317 on: November 10, 2016, 10:12:07 PM
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/dirt-3-complete-edition-free-game

DiRT3 Complete Edition is free till Saturday, vroom vroom.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1318 on: November 14, 2016, 06:47:25 AM
A temporary freebie on itch.io, one involving neon colored, top-down saber fights. Get it while you can.

[youtube]youtu.be/UX_1LuDYl5M[/youtube]

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1319 on: November 22, 2016, 10:10:11 PM
Black Friday Sale on GOG (November 22-27) has started. Tricky Towers also on sale on Humble Store. Steam may have a Black Friday sale tomorrow.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1320 on: November 23, 2016, 10:45:27 PM
Just bought Mighty No. 9 on the Steam sale and it's nothing like the cancerous hatedom are it claiming to be. 32-bit version so far worked fine for me. Not sure what to spend the leftover money I got from this giftcard I got as an early Christmas gift.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1321 on: November 24, 2016, 12:51:00 AM
Just bought Mighty No. 9 on the Steam sale and it's nothing like the cancerous hatedom are it claiming to be. 32-bit version so far worked fine for me. Not sure what to spend the leftover money I got from this giftcard I got as an early Christmas gift.

I agree I feel MN9's hate is overblown a tad but there are some legitimate issues; it's quality is not even close to what it should be given the budget or the team behind it. But even looking past the visuals the characters are bland, the levels are likewise lacking in personality (compared to games like MMX1 and MM2) and the bosses honestly are kinda phoned in.

Removing all the disappointment and hype MN9 is a decent platformer but not amazing or groundbreaking I'm curiously if Concept will try to fix stuff in a sequal or if they will just drop the IP and hope Red Ash ends up being something decent?

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1322 on: November 26, 2016, 08:27:33 AM
I agree I feel MN9's hate is overblown a tad but there are some legitimate issues; it's quality is not even close to what it should be given the budget or the team behind it. But even looking past the visuals the characters are bland, the levels are likewise lacking in personality (compared to games like MMX1 and MM2) and the bosses honestly are kinda phoned in.

Removing all the disappointment and hype MN9 is a decent platformer but not amazing or groundbreaking I'm curiously if Concept will try to fix stuff in a sequal or if they will just drop the IP and hope Red Ash ends up being something decent?
[spoiler=TL;DR]At the risk of sounding like a rabid fanboy (and probably will), I somewhat agree and disagree. I am not going to lie, Mighty No. 9 does feel unfinished and unpolished in a bunch of aspects (presentation, gameplay and difficulty balance, and the English localization as well), though I'm no stranger with games that feel underdeveloped but was still enjoyable. I may have mentioned it before or not, but if I had to compare Mighty No. 9 to another game I've played before, it would be the 2010 re-imagining of Splatterhouse; both games had a rough development cycle, the finished product feels underdeveloped, and they're unpolished in similar areas (though Splatterhouse had great voice over performances, in my opinion), but despite their flaws, I had fun with them. In Mighty No. 9's case, Normal mode feels easy, I will admit, but when I switched to Hard/Hyper mode, things picked up for me, and rather than cheesing the game with Beck's Remote Cannon and deprave myself from any challenge, I actually took some time and experiment with the weapons and levels, get a feel for the levels and how to utilize the weapons. While messing around with the game, in a very small way, the levels reminded me of They Bleed Pixels after having a look at some replays of that game where some players went one approach for speed/time and others for score, and I can see a bit of that in Mighty No. 9. As much as scoring was pretty much solely bragging rights, it still motivated me to get better scores, and when I'm not feeling like score rushing or speeding through levels, I've done dumb stuff like using weapons that weren't better against bosses or change the controller set-up over my usual Mega Man Zero-styled set-up for fun. As for the characters, I don't find that many as bland except for Graham, Sanda, and Call though I can barely of give her a pass, though I'm with PB and enjoyed Avi's and Cyro's personalities.

This could also be just me having played the Wii U port for months up until recently getting the PC version despite seeing happened to Objection Man when he tried to stream it, my experience with the game has been so much better, and far better then I actually expected. Contrary to what Blackhook claimed, my medium spec desktop computer is able to run the game pretty well after all, much to my surprise. No lie, but my experience with the game coming from the Wii U version has been so far PC Master Race levels of good; I'm running the game on max settings at 1080p with barely any dropped frames (though from my experience, knocking MSAA down to 4x kinda helped and still looks almost a good as 8x), runs at a slick 60 FPS, and so far haven't ran into major bugs or game-breaking glitches, especially not what I've seen on the Wii U version. Objection Man also ran into controller problems with the PC version, but if I recall correctly, he was using a DS4 controller with unofficial XInput drivers. I, on the otherhand, am using a GameSir G3w, a third-party DS4-ish controller, but uses official Xbox 360 drivers, and the controller has worked very well for me, even with V-sync enabled, since I calibrated it from the start, input response has been spot on as my experience with Wii U version despite the frame-rate that version had.[/spoiler]

Short version: at the risk sounding like a fanboy, as flawed, underdeveloped, and unfinished as Mighty No. 9 feels to me, I didn't need it to be ground-breaking or amazing, all I asked for out of it at the very least was to be decent yet enjoyable Mega Man-like game, and to be honest, that's exactly what I got.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #1323 on: November 26, 2016, 01:11:27 PM
And I, put simply, just want my copy. Haha.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1324 on: November 30, 2016, 12:35:05 AM
Picked up ESCHATOS Wonder Pack (though I wasn't happy with how I got it; family drama-related), then used the last bit of money I had on my gift card to pick up sora, and gave Gravity Cat to Sakura and Danmaku Unlimited 2 to Objection Man's friend Namine.

Also got Darksiders Warmastered Edition for free 'cuz I already picked up the original (plus Darksiders II: DE) during a sale on GOG.com. If you don't already have the original before, it's on sale this week and going super cheap.