What PISSES YOU OFF mid-game?

Bueno Excelente · 13701

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: July 19, 2010, 10:46:58 PM
Gill.

Haha, true. Gill is fairly difficulty, though now I am able to crush him on hardest without much worry.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #76 on: July 20, 2010, 01:28:25 AM
online random Brawls
I have only one problem with online random Brawls:
THERE ARE OTHER STAGES BESIDES FINAL DESTINATION.

Garchomp, Salamence
My Dragonite will destroy you.

pretty much anytime I lose a match because Stone Edge missed.
This is why I hate tourneyfag communities in Pokemon: 80% accuracy is *NOT* the be-all end-all of physical sweeping.

Speaking of getting accuracy screwed: Fire Emblem.  When I miss on an 80-something and the enemy hits on a 60-something.  Twice.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: July 20, 2010, 02:02:36 AM
I have only one problem with online random Brawls:
THERE ARE OTHER STAGES BESIDES FINAL DESTINATION.
Of course there are not. No fun allowed. No items. Stock 3. Fox only. Final Destination. Whoever plays in any other style, does not play Brawl THE WAY IT WAS INTENDED TO BE PLAYED.

Aw, man. I know several of those guys. They rage so much when I pick something like Poke Floats. 8D

Back on topic, let's see... oh, right.

"Aw, man. This is the coolest boss ever."
"Holy crap look at what I'm doing, I'm kicking his ass!"
"Oh, man. It's gonna be so sweet to deliver this last combo into his face!"
"Almost there... almost there... almo..."
(QTE SEQUENCE)
"FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

Offline Legendary

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: July 21, 2010, 12:56:18 AM

My Dragonite will destroy you.

Really? I thought it was your Mewtwo. =P

Play me again sometime, though, I'm bored.

Also, bats and anything/everything meant to screw up platform jumping.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: July 21, 2010, 01:23:39 AM
Really? I thought it was your Mewtwo. =P
Well, here's something else which pisses me off mid-game:

Mewtwo has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that functions in a Double Battle.  He is really freaking awesome but he is a stand-alone fighter to the core.  HG/SS looked to offer some relief with a Role Play/Me First combo.

Wait, what, you can't Me First your teammates?

F*@$#!!!!

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Legendary

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: July 21, 2010, 02:29:58 AM
Every Psychic can Skill Swap, dude. You can do plenty with a well-timed Swap.

Just cuz it's not there on paper doesn't mean it's not there. Also, he can Gravity, blow himself up, cause massive freezing with Blizzard if beside an Abomasnow, blow himself up; etc

Not to mention other crap he could do with Drizzle and Drought out. That ginormous Sp. Atk will get you somewhere...

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: July 21, 2010, 02:52:15 AM
Pretty much none of that is applicable to my team, though.  Skill Swap is basically made for Slaking, and I use neither him nor Abomasnow.

I have no need of a(nother) Self Destructor and Mewtwo is an average user of it anyway, since a -Attack Nature is the most beneficial to him.

I use only one Uber as my "flagship" Pokemon and as such Drizzle/Drought combos are not feasible for me.  Further, there are better Pokemon to take advantage of either condition.

Gravity is a situational gimmick, and such a vulnerable setup is ill-suited to a Pokemon who, by Uber standards at least, is not particularly bulky.  When you bring a lone Uber into Doubles, you're more often than not painting a giant bull's-eye on their butt, and you need to be weary of that.

Mewtwo hits hard and fast, and he's awesome at it, but his move selection is clearly catered to one-on-one.  He has a hard time achieving synergy with a partner, especially in any way which can be called uniquely his own.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: July 21, 2010, 03:11:17 AM
Still even though Mewtwo is a more deadly as a 1 on 1 pokemon you did pretty much obliterate my team pretty easily, even though they were built to be a one on one team.  Plus Role Play and Vaporeon with the continuous surfs is pretty potent the fact that you contantly.

I mean just because I was able to kill him or make him go critical easily with Gardevoir because of Trance and her high Special Defense doesn't mean he's not very threatening in a Double battle, heck most people would be scared that you would use him in the first place.  Maybe you could make it so that Mewtwo could protect Vaporeon and himself as much as he can with Light Screen and teach him Aqua Tail to heal Vaporeon too so that way they'll be even harder to take down.

I mean that's another reason why Steelix's Earthquake did so little damage against my Feraligatr, his high Defense and using Reflect with Metagross holding a Light Clay.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Legendary

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: July 21, 2010, 03:33:05 AM
Barring that even, there's Psych Up too.

It can be argued that Mewtwo thrives in 1-on-1 fights, but you can put him in a Double battle and use him quite effectively. See, to me it sounds like you're aware of that, but at the same time you can't use a whole lot of the strategies because you already have your Doubles team set up to do whatever it already does. All the stuff Mewtwo can do doesn't really help you out a whole lot either. I think the best remedy for this might be to alter your team a little bit.

Besides which, you're only using one Uber anyway, so being flimsy by Uber-standards shouldn't bug you too much. I dunno if you play Ubers or not, but...You're kinda outnumbered there. Then again, there's doubles, but still...

Offline GP Aznable

• King of the hill
  • A-Class Hunter
  • I'm the REAL Woodman, foo!
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: July 21, 2010, 05:28:13 PM
Occassionaly getting pissed at some annoying mid-boss fights. Hell, sometimes theses guys are more frustrating than the true boss itself. Not to mention grinding for cashes just to buy a rediculous expensive equipment.

Eat, or be eaten...