Square Enix General

Acid · 25259

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: September 10, 2010, 11:06:38 PM
I personally love Cross and Trigger equally.  Mainly because the story becomes soooo expansive in Cross.

The only flaw is that it does throws a shitton of info down your throat which well...can be really hard to digest.

Everything else is just opinion and taste.  I personally just reccomend to give it a shot and see if you like it or not.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: September 11, 2010, 10:52:58 PM
Seeing that TGS is merely 5 days away I felt the urge to say that Versus and Agito will be shown. It won't be much, and Versus won't have any HUDs or interfaces but we will finally see gameplay.
As for Agito: Apparently the game has improved a LOT since the last gameplay has been shown to the public and the dev team is optimistic that we will like what they're gonna show.

I am however not informed about any other games right now, despite Nomura confirming that he's working on a whole bunch of unannounced games which will be revealed later.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: September 11, 2010, 10:59:39 PM
Calling it now. Nomura announces a new title, with a trailer that's 100% CG. For one and a half to two years, we will see absolutely NOTHING of that title, except knowing that it exists once in awhile with more info. Then Nomura ends up finishing it in 5 years or so.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: September 11, 2010, 11:01:49 PM
Calling it now. Nomura announces a new title, with a trailer that's 100% CG. For one and a half to two years, we will see absolutely NOTHING of that title, except knowing that it exists once in awhile with more info. Then Nomura ends up finishing it in 5 years or so.

..Final Fantasy XV! XD

Just playing.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: September 11, 2010, 11:02:45 PM
Chrono Triad!

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: September 17, 2010, 12:49:40 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Dragon Quest X. Or getting a release date for Dragon Quest 6 DS

Posted on: 11-09-2010, 22:17:33
Regarding Versus and Agito:

Chances are we will not see gameplay of either, but SE has now announced that they will hold a presentation exclusively for the Fabula Nova Crystallis project where all games will be shown to the public, possibly in a near finished state.

Posted on: September 16, 2010, 19:51:09
FF Versus

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WPlVkc_GSg[/youtube]

FF Agito

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNajlgNv1FY[/youtube]

Offline GP Aznable

• King of the hill
  • A-Class Hunter
  • I'm the REAL Woodman, foo!
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: September 18, 2010, 08:05:11 AM
Man, I miss Einhander... The only non-RPG game that actually worked.

Eat, or be eaten...

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: September 18, 2010, 09:08:23 PM
Man, I miss Einhander... The only non-RPG game that actually worked.

Chocobo Racing?

Tobal?

Ehrgeiz?

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: September 18, 2010, 10:07:32 PM
Chocobo Racing?

Tobal?

Ehrgeiz?
Ehergiz sucked.

I still think their best recent non-RPG game had to be Project Silpheed. It was awesome for what it was.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: September 18, 2010, 10:08:18 PM
Adventure mode was fun.
 Overall not as good as Tobal, but fun.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #60 on: October 08, 2010, 12:02:55 PM
Anyone interested in the upcoming Front Mission game?
http://www.frontmissionevolved.co.uk/

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: December 09, 2010, 08:48:07 PM
Speaking to Famitsu this week, director Hajime Tabata said the shower scene wasn't in the game until midway through development. They ended up adding it after seeing reactions at Twitter.

Oh geez

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/12/10/aya_brea_shower_scene/

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: December 09, 2010, 09:25:27 PM
It looks like the game's CG staff was really excited about making the scene

Dohohoh

but really, a litte nude scene is no big deal. Or is it?

Offline CephiYumi

• RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile

Aresian

Reply #64 on: December 16, 2010, 12:06:14 AM
Am excited. Greatly. Square heard my pleas throughout time and space and decided to fulfill my desires by putting it on a platform where I can "afford" to get it until I can actually afford to support their cause. Oh Square. Sometimes I love you.

Sometimes I hate you with every fiber of my being.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: December 16, 2010, 12:21:17 AM
Square can't hear you. Square is dead.

You've been praying to Square Enix all these years.

Aresian

Reply #66 on: December 16, 2010, 12:24:17 AM
YOU LIAR! SQUARE IS STILL THERE... The Square I know and hate... still separate from the Enix I know and love. ;_;

YOU CANNOT RUIN MY DELUSIONS! *flips a random table*

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #67 on: December 16, 2010, 12:25:34 AM
SquareEnix is proof that two goods dont make a great.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: December 16, 2010, 09:15:35 AM

Aresian

Reply #69 on: December 16, 2010, 09:21:27 AM
OK. I don't care for Vaan... I hate Vaan in fact. Balthier/Ashe/ANYONE would've been a better choice. PENELOPE would've been better... but seriously. Ashe or Balthier is more main character material than Vaan. Basch would've made more sense as the alternative to his... err you get the point.

Am happy about Laguna though.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: December 16, 2010, 11:02:36 AM
So of the new characters thusfar, definitely interested in using Kain and Laguna. Wonder who's next.

Offline Ninja Lou

• Samurai/Ninja of RPM
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Ninjas........Damn
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: December 16, 2010, 11:10:18 AM
Come on Locke!

ANyway what's everyone's opinion on FF IV for PSP? It come included with the after years also. I think they are both redone, 2D style.

This post has been approved by Marle!

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: December 17, 2010, 06:14:08 PM
It's a worthy pickup for people who have not played either or are very big fans of the games. The added scenario to tie the games together mean that Zeromus is no longer a final boss, but serves more like a "mid-final boss" akin to the World of Balance scenario in FF6.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: December 20, 2010, 01:56:43 PM
Information chunks

We have word early this morning that several German sites have listed Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy for Friday, March 25th in EU territories. While Square-Enix has yet to confirm the release date, the sites also list a special edition will also be available that includes a mini-CD, artbook, and an exclusive outfit for Tifa Lockhart. No word yet on the North American version, but should the March 25th release date be confirmed I would expect it within the same week.

Formerly the Fabula Nova Crystallis Conference, the Square Enix 1st Production Department Premiere (or… SE1PDP?) will be streamed online live to 300 Japanese Square-Enix Members and 10,000 Nico Nico Douga members selected at random. The official sign up page (link below) is your ticket to getting a chance to view online, and you’ll be notified by January 11th if you’re in. The conference will showcase Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Final Fantasy Agito XIII, Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts 3D, and many other Square-Enix titles. We also have reason to believe that new game announcements may take place at the conference as well.

The post-Jump Festa Famitsu magazine had some new information for some anticipated titles from Square-Enix, and Tetsuya Nomura was able to shed a few new details on the upcoming Square-Enix 1st Production Department Premiere on January 18th. The reason for the week long delay (from Nomura himself) was to coordinate timed releases of information with magazines such as Jump and Famitsu.

In the realm of Duodecim, he commented that new character announcements are yet to come, and the next reveal may be a character from a SNES era of Final Fantasy games. Since we’ve already had Kain Highwind from Final Fantasy IV revealed, this would largely indicate a reveal from Final Fantasy V or VI. It also looks as if the original narrative from Dissidia: Final Fantasy will be toted along in some form, though we’re not sure if this is actual cut-scenes or text.

As for Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Mr. Nomura guarantees us we will see plenty of new footage although the graphics have had a reasonable upgrade since the footage was compiled. Main character Noctis Lucis Caelum has a voice actor, and we’ll be hearing him talk in the footage that makes it out of the conference.

Square-Enix launched a brand new site for the new PSP Final Fantasy IV compilation: Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection. The single UMD will house the original Final Fantasy IV, graphically updated in the likeness of Final Fantasy I and II Anniversary nearly half a decade ago. Final Fantasy IV: The After Years, only available on Japanese cell-phones and WiiWare, will also make the jump. New pre-rendered cut-scenes have been added to the package and feature The After Years characters as well.

Offline CephiYumi

• RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: December 20, 2010, 02:10:35 PM
Actually, Penelo is the ONLY option