VixyNyan · 59439

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #150 on: March 26, 2012, 08:53:38 PM
Finally beat the game!

BEST 3DS GAME EVER! Actually best game in a long time! Loved it!
Can't wait to create the ultimate weapon for me and unlock all of the Treasure Hunt stamps!

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #151 on: March 28, 2012, 05:17:27 AM
Just finished it also. I loved the comedic side that this video game brings. I haven't actually enjoyed the dialogue like this game brings out in a long time. It is going to take forever to complete the challenges and it doesn't help that my 3DS' screens' pixels are slowly dying around the cracked area...

When was the last time I poked you guys...

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #152 on: March 28, 2012, 05:05:21 PM
Anyone finish the Boss Battle mode? I've been using the End-All Arm, but running is too slow. It has great range and melee power on the other hand.

I got up to
[spoiler]Hades' heart[/spoiler]

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #153 on: March 28, 2012, 05:50:32 PM
That is farther then what I was able to do. I only made it up to the 18th Boss... Although it is my fault for using Phosphora Bow instead of the Cursed Palm I had. Even then, I honestly don't even know how to last. There are way too many bosses.

On a side note on the challenges, damn you Hades. Your challenges are too damn hard!  >_<

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #154 on: March 28, 2012, 11:18:28 PM
I manage to beat Boss Rush mode, on Easy which unlocks Normal and Hard more after that. I was using the Gaol Blade, though I was running out on the Drink of Gods and I had to use the Health Recovery abilities to survive to the end.

Also for the Treasure Hunt challenges, I'm about done with Palutena. Hades is going to be a killer to get done.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #155 on: March 29, 2012, 01:55:15 AM
Jetstream Orbitars never fail me, beat the Easy Boss Rush in a flash.

Right now I'm going back looking for missed treasure (would you believe I didn't find ANY Zodiac weapons until replaying Gaol's level?).  Also made it a point to unlock the Palutena Bow (clear Chapter 24 in under 11 minutes, which I did using the Magnus Club), but finding decent materials to fuse a stronger one could be tricky.  The best I could do for now is 3-1/2 stars.

I also need to farm Chapter 1 and 9 Intensity for more hearts.  Didn't realize fusing weapon gems consumed that freaking many.  X_x

EDITS: You know, I was seriously considering disabling Spot Pass for Nintendo Video to save Palutena's Revoling Dinner.  And AS SOON AS I DID, Part 1 was removed, and in its place was that stupid 14 second preview clip for a science video. O:<

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #156 on: March 29, 2012, 06:36:34 AM
Right now I'm going back looking for missed treasure (would you believe I didn't find ANY Zodiac weapons until replaying Gaol's level?).  Also made it a point to unlock the Palutena Bow (clear Chapter 24 in under 11 minutes, which I did using the Magnus Club), but finding decent materials to fuse a stronger one could be tricky.  The best I could do for now is 3-1/2 stars.
Combos to make Palutena's Bow:
Cursed Palm x Paw Pad Orbitars (My current weapon is a Cursed Palm with 4R-5M Star, so I just need a high valued Paw Pad)
Eyetrack Orbitars x Pudgy Palm
Volcano Arm x Samurai Blade (I got a Volcano with 4.5R-0M & a Samurai with 4R-0M. Ended up with a Palutena Bow with 6R-0M. Pretty good, but I am gonna go for a bow with more melee.)

It seems the way fusion works is the high valued weapon with another high valued weapon will most likely produce a better weapon regardless of stars or its properties. Bollocks...

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #157 on: March 29, 2012, 11:50:12 PM
Drill Arm x Optical Blade and Twinbellows Cannon x Pandora Claws are the two that I was focused on.

Of course, I don't REALLY want to sacrifice my best Twinbellows Cannon.  But thankfully, I did manage a better Drill/Optical fusion, now at 5R/3.5M.  No defense upgrade, though, which I covet, but it did come with Running and Heart boosts, which are both sweet.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline dragontamer272

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
Reply #158 on: March 30, 2012, 06:14:39 AM
Thanks! I totally oredered my cards. I really can't wait for this game. What struck me as funny though, was that it said allow 6~8 weeks to ship and then 1~2 weeks for it to be delivered.  o~O
Yep, same here. And now, the Club Nintendo exclusive cards are GONE. Now my next part is I want to get some more of the Kid Icarus: Uprising cards... but I hope they DO come out in stores and not in conventions/expos that are NOT in my state.

Visit my art gallery at deviantart today. http://dragontamer272.deviantart.com/

Yes, I am now one of those so-called "Bronies".

Offline dragontamer272

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
Reply #159 on: March 30, 2012, 06:17:41 AM
I was still broke at the time of this game's release, I pre-ordered it at Best Buy, and the day after I sold most of the stuff I was no longer using th get the money to pay the rest of this of... and it was all worth it.

But now I'm only have this one problem... I got the code for 3D Classics: Kid Icarus, but it's not going through... I bet because the game is still not showing up in the eshop.

Visit my art gallery at deviantart today. http://dragontamer272.deviantart.com/

Yes, I am now one of those so-called "Bronies".

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #160 on: March 30, 2012, 09:54:40 AM
I hope I don't regret making my Cursed Palm into a Burst Blade with literally the same star value and properties.
But now I'm only have this one problem... I got the code for 3D Classics: Kid Icarus, but it's not going through... I bet because the game is still not showing up in the eshop.
I believe you have to go to under Account or Options or something like that and the Redeem Code. Its not going to show up like a regular game.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #161 on: March 30, 2012, 09:37:35 PM
Redeem Download Code is available in the Settings/Other menu. You can reach it either by tapping the Menu icon and scrolling down to the Settings/Other button, or scroll all the way left from the main eShop screen to the same option. Redeem Download Code is the first choice once there.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #162 on: April 03, 2012, 03:50:48 AM
Is it just me, or is getting a Dark Pit Staff with any decent number of stars a real crapshoot?  Feels like I had to give up an arm and a leg in weapon fusion just to get 4 stars in shooting (although, it also petrifies, which is cool).

So right now I'm camping Chapter 2 looking for a halfway decent Taurus Arm before I continue looking for the other Zodiac weapons.  Finally took my first crack at online and busted some heads with my Magnus Club.  And I made sure to keep my old 170-something Fortune Bow for Light-vs-Dark, so I can get aggressive without costing my team much.

And oh yeah, I got my Club Nintendo cards today!  Drill Arm, Great Reaper, and Palutena (Rare).

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #163 on: April 03, 2012, 04:05:18 AM
To be honest, I have a habit of getting attached to weapons I REALLY enjoy using. As in, I won't fuse anything else for a really long while, and beating angel butt with said weapons online (I usually get in 2nd or 1st place). The End-All Arm has been serving me well enough, as did Volcano Arm, Pudgy Palm and Tiger Claws. I'm not much of a staff person, but there's still much more weapons I've yet to try out. It's risky using my 264 value End-All Arm online if I get killed, but I'm pretty efficient with it.

And the same cards came today for me too.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #164 on: April 03, 2012, 04:35:52 AM
What time did you guys order them? Mine said that it will come to 4-10 business weeks, I got the conformation email on 3/22/12 and ordered them exactly at 03/16/2012.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #165 on: April 03, 2012, 04:48:16 AM
4-10 business days, which is up to 14 days, since weekends aren't business days. And if you got your confirmation email on 3/22 then it's 4-10 business days after that.

I got my cards already. The numbering on the Palutena (Rare) card means there's at least 404 of these AR Idol Cards D:

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #166 on: April 03, 2012, 04:50:54 AM
I knew it was gonna come 14 days after that, I was just asking what was your order dates were. >.>

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #167 on: April 03, 2012, 12:42:05 PM
I got my cards today, but I'm not gonna open them.

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #168 on: April 03, 2012, 09:20:02 PM
I got mine last Friday.  :\

Is it just me, or is getting a Dark Pit Staff with any decent number of stars a real crapshoot?  Feels like I had to give up an arm and a leg in weapon fusion just to get 4 stars in shooting (although, it also petrifies, which is cool).

So right now I'm camping Chapter 2 looking for a halfway decent Taurus Arm before I continue looking for the other Zodiac weapons.  Finally took my first crack at online and busted some heads with my Magnus Club.  And I made sure to keep my old 170-something Fortune Bow for Light-vs-Dark, so I can get aggressive without costing my team much.
Any and all staffs are hard to use... Quite honestly, try "No Scoping". Trying to scope is quite hard... Oh and anyone trying to snipe or shoot instead of going in close should try to use Energy Charge Power. It raised the power of your weapon as long as you don't get hit. An example is my 276 Shock Orbitars with 4R stars normally does 110 with a charged forward charge attack, but with Energy Charge lvl4 active, it shot up to 235.
Another power for those who like it close and personal should be Warp. It's fun mind-f***ing people when you suddenly appear near them or suddenly warp somewhere else during their attack. :D

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #169 on: April 04, 2012, 12:24:13 AM
I don't have Warp yet.  In the interest of creating mass chaos, I like to pile on the direct-attacking Powers so that the other players have a lot more than just my visible weapon to worry about.  The stat boosts may be more practical, but I just can't deny my inner pyromaniac.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #170 on: April 04, 2012, 12:46:48 AM
I dunno, I had a staff and I loved that thing. I found it quite easy to use myself.

But to each their own, I suppose.

The only reason I don't have it is because I fused it into a Samurai Sword, which I absolutely adore. Plus, it kept the Burning +3 effect! :3

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #171 on: April 05, 2012, 11:12:50 AM
The people who have completed the challenge where you beat all 24 levels at Intensity 9 are crazy. I was able to make an Aurum Palm with 5.5R and 5.5M and I was barely able to do the first two levels. I have no idea how to do the rest.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #172 on: April 05, 2012, 12:22:57 PM
It's hard, but rewarding I'm sure.

Also, this game had a phenomenal storyline. The last several chapters in particular drew me in and I just had to keep going until I beat it.

Really well-done game. :3

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #173 on: April 05, 2012, 03:34:49 PM
I haven't tried online yet, is it any fun?  Scary?

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #174 on: April 05, 2012, 08:20:24 PM
The online is very fun! Though I do see some lag but not enough to drive you crazy.
However you might want to create a powerful weapon, and one your fond of, as I've been beaten by a user of Claws in the Free-of-All matches 4 times in a row (though I was in 2nd place for the first three and 3rd in the last one) as Claws dominate close-range battles and are fast too.

I use the Gaol Blade, though the range isn't all the great it's my strongest weapon at the moment and it's got a powerful charge attack and pretty good at melee attacks. Also I combine it with Invisible attacks to attack people who don't see it coming or can't tell when to dodge some attacks.

Also watch out for the Daybreaker (One-Hit Kill attack) when someone collects all 3 parts and the Mega Laser attack (an ability can use for a limited amount of uses) that does some big damage.