At The Movies With RPM

Protoman Blues · 199655

Offline Slash Man

• Resistance Member
  • NES Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Mega Stuff
Reply #725 on: July 31, 2011, 07:23:55 AM
Captain America exceeded my expectations. The WWII atmosphere was great, so was the references to the other Marvel movies. All I can say is, after a string of killer movies, The Avengers now has a massive amount of hype behind it.

I expect the new Spider-Man to be mostly eye candy, and little more. It looks like they're trying to take a different route from what we already saw in the Raimi series, but that's gonna be hard to do. I'm still interested in it out of curiousity, though.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #726 on: August 07, 2011, 02:40:44 AM
FINALLY got around to watching Harry Potter 7-2.

Really good. It is just like it was in the book, and anything they added just made it 10 times better. Ill admit I cried at Snape's death and memory scenes, Rickman is really just a great actor. Though he looked kind of weird in the memory part, they obviouly tried to make him look younger, but it looks somewhat odd...

Either way, real cool. The epilogue was well done too, though it felt a bit too fast. It could have benefitted from a bit of a slowdown, and some of the interaction between the cast.

Next week, Capt' America!

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Sparky

• Игра закончена
  • A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #727 on: August 13, 2011, 08:55:57 PM
Saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes yesterday. Dunno about you, but I thought it was a decent reboot of the series.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #728 on: August 13, 2011, 09:43:53 PM
It was a very good movie. One of the best of the year.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #729 on: August 18, 2011, 06:58:24 AM
Say, who's going to see the Woman in Black next year? Daniel Radcliffe's next part after leaving the Harry Potter franchise. Its a gothic horror movie based on a book by the same name.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LghXxTR215M[/youtube]

As a funny coincidence- The actor who played the adult James Potter in the Harry Potter films played the main character in the 1988 film, the role which Daniel now has in the new version.

what a small world eh?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #730 on: September 05, 2011, 06:31:04 AM
Just got back from Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

Very well done, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #731 on: September 05, 2011, 06:31:55 AM
A lot of my friends enjoyed it, but mainly because it was set in SF where I live, and an SFPD cruiser gets owned.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #732 on: September 18, 2011, 01:23:34 AM
So my friend and I were discussing about the Spidey trilogy today. Not really sure how our conversation transitioned to Spider-man, probably because we were talking about how we wanted a "movie-quality" super hero TV show. Anyway, he claims to have enjoyed Spider-man 3 over Spider-man 2. But like most people have said, 3 was the worst in the trilogy. After a few minutes of talking, he agreed that "maybe" Venom weakened the quality of the movie, but loved how he came into the scene for the first time.

Arguing back and forth, I just finally said that the only good part about the movie was Sandman's birth. Granted, him falling down into the middle of the construction site was lame. But his origin really showed that he wasn't "just another terrible crook", but like everyone else who just happened to have bad luck. Being divorced and not being able to see his son again.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Txnf4s7eWs0&feature=related[/youtube]

Both the music and animation for this scene were amazing, but after this point in the movie, it straight-out fell flat. I know this is an old movie, thus an old topic, but that argument made me want to vent again on how much potential the movie had. I would actually say the entire beginning of the movie was good, later ruined by TERRIBLE dialog and story telling that did not do the previous 2 masterpieces justice. Venom's rush-job in the movie sealed the coffin, and I was already tempted to walk out of the movie theater when Peter was doing that stupid dance.

After like 15 minutes of talking, we just dropped the subject. I really don't know if he decided to agree with me or not, he just shrugged it off. Anyway, just wanted to post that here. Also curious if anyone here thinks that the movie had the potential to be the best in the series if not for atrocious pacing and dialog. I think having Sandman and Venom in the same movie doesn't sound so bad on paper, if Raimi hadn't created 3 with an IQ level under 10.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #733 on: September 18, 2011, 06:14:49 AM
Peter was doing that stupid dance.

As always, I will come to this sequence's defense. This is, hands down, the best scene in the movie. I don't think people quite get the absolute brilliance of it as a whole. It perfectly captures the essence of Peter Parker and his nerd self. The point of that scene is to look stupid & disturbing, because this is exactly what a nerd like Peter Parker would think is cool, when it clearly isn't. Emo haircut, all black clothing, strutin' like an idiot. You can see how well it's shot & edited with all the women looking at him like he's a complete loser, or looking at him with utter contempt.

Keep in mind, the scene doesn't make it a good movie, because it is poorly paced, the tone is off at different points (especially the FOLLOWING scene in the jazz club), the Venom thing is rushed (and should've been saved for the 4th movie) and nothing is really resolved in the end. The problem with the movie is Venom itself. Raimi did not want to put Venom in at all, cause he's not that big a fan of the character. Sony pretty much forced him to though. You'd be surprised how movies can get [tornado fang]'d up because of this & that.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #734 on: September 18, 2011, 08:38:22 AM
I actually enjoyed the third movie. Nowhere near as much as the first two, but it was still fun. Especially the scene with Bruce Campbell in the restaurant...  >0<

Also, I cracked up at that dance because it was just so... random... :D

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #735 on: September 18, 2011, 12:47:09 PM
I will always love Spider-Man 3 more than the other two. Because put simply, I did not like the other two. They seem to catch the very worst of Spidey, the reasons why I don't like him rather than the reasons I do. They're full of bad acting, and not in a good, hammy way, and although the scenery and special effects are good, I can't take look at the rest of the movie and like them. I guess I'm weird.

I love Spidey 3 because it keeps making fun of itself. It stops with the constant whining and sad stuff and makes room for a whole lotta comedy. And it jumps from soap opera, to batshit insane crazed people and their lives. LOVE IT. =D EATING COOKIES IS EVIL AS [tornado fang].

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #736 on: September 18, 2011, 10:19:25 PM
Yeah venom should have been Spidey 4 material. That way, they can simply focus on VENOM and Eddie Brock alone, rather than having to split between 2 villains.

I also didnt quite like the casting of Topher Grace as Eddie Brock. isnt Eddie supposed to be this real big buff guy? Grace is well, rather small...

I didnt quite like how they made the Simbiote Spiderman Sit into merely a black version of the regular suit. I would have preferred it to look different, although having Venom look like this distorted and twisted version of the Spidey suit wasnt exactly so bad, and I guess kind of makes sense, considering that's kinda what Venom is, a twisted version of Spiderman.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #737 on: September 19, 2011, 01:40:13 AM
Ya know, I think the reason they chose Topher Grace was cuz him and Tobey Maguire look so similar, and that fits the duality between Spidey and Venom.

Or something like that.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #738 on: September 23, 2011, 01:40:31 AM
I will always love Spider-Man 3 more than the other two. Because put simply, I did not like the other two. They seem to catch the very worst of Spidey, the reasons why I don't like him rather than the reasons I do. They're full of bad acting, and not in a good, hammy way, and although the scenery and special effects are good, I can't take look at the rest of the movie and like them. I guess I'm weird.

I love Spidey 3 because it keeps making fun of itself. It stops with the constant whining and sad stuff and makes room for a whole lotta comedy. And it jumps from soap opera, to batshit insane crazed people and their lives. LOVE IT. =D EATING COOKIES IS EVIL AS [tornado fang].

But Spidey 3 had terrible acting, and most of it wasn't on purpose. Neither 1 or 2 had stellar acting by any means, but It was a lot better.. The plot, or rather, the pacing in 3 was a complete and utter mess. Not to mention it had the worst trilogy-conclusion I have ever seen in a super hero movie.

What I will say, Is that none of the Spidey movies captured his personality. I mean, the guy barely spoke over 5 sentences during a battle. No taunts, puns or "peek-a-boo" webbing to catch them off guard. I sorely missed that, but at least the fights were still really inventive. Something I can't say much for 3. I also loved how Harry's distaste for Spider-man grew in 1 after Normey died, and Peter questioning whether his power was a curse or blessing. Then they completely steamrolled all over that in 3, with some horribly thought-out revelation scene.

You make it seem that Spidey 3's only purpose is to make people laugh... which is completely avoid the point it was aiming for. It was an embarrassment of a movie.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #739 on: September 23, 2011, 01:43:55 AM
But Spidey 3 had terrible acting, and most of it wasn't on purpose. Neither 1 or 2 had stellar acting by any means, but It was a lot better.. The plot, or rather, the pacing in 3 was a complete and utter mess. Not to mention it had the worst trilogy-conclusion I have ever seen in a super hero movie.

What I will say, Is that none of the Spidey movies captured his personality. I mean, the guy barely spoke over 5 sentences during a battle. No taunts, puns or "peek-a-boo" webbing to catch them off guard. I sorely missed that, but at least the fights were still really inventive. Something I can't say much for 3. I also loved how Harry's distaste for Spider-man grew in 1 after Normey died, and Peter questioning whether his power was a curse or blessing. Then they completely steamrolled all over that in 3, with some horribly thought-out revelation scene.

You make it seem that Spidey 3's only purpose is to make people laugh... which is completely avoid the point it was aiming for. It was an embarrassment of a movie.
But see, while Spidey 1 and 2 completely failed on me as movies, seeming to me more like a few nerds trying to make a fanfic film for themselves with an amazing budget of billions, Spidey 3 was easier to... well, to relax and make fun of. I had already lost hope in attempting to enjoy the Spidey franchise over what so many people loved it for, so I chose to have fun with it. And I ended up having quite alot of fun.

It's sorta how the final Twilight book was a trainwreck for most fans, but it was SO AWESOME for me. They should get Ridley Scott to direct that belly burst scene in the movie.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #740 on: September 26, 2011, 01:08:09 PM
I remember that there is some kind of a pregnancy scene in Breaking Dawn.  Or something, I forget.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #741 on: September 26, 2011, 01:36:25 PM
I remember that there is some kind of a pregnancy scene in Breaking Dawn.  Or something, I forget.
It goes like this:

Wedding!
We're married!
We're going to our PRIVATE ISLAND I JUST GOT AS A PRESENT AND HAS MY NAME ON IT
Aw [parasitic bomb] let's have sex
SEX IS SO ROUGH I BREAK YOUR BACK LIKE BANE
You got preggers. RIGHT AFTER SEX
Your belly grows in HOURS
Suddenly, baby's ready to come out! But the baby is already matured in your belly so I can even communicate with her teleathically and she behaves like a civil, well-lived human being!
Also SHE'S GONNA BURST AND YOU WON'T SURVIVE
So I'm gonna turn you into a vampire now
It will hurt like a [sonic slicer] and now I am cutting your belly with MY FANGS SO THE BABY COMES OUT
Oh my God what was that mormon fatso smoking when she wrote this

So, yeah. It goes like that.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #742 on: September 26, 2011, 01:44:36 PM

I think I may watch breaking dawn film.

To laugh out loud.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #743 on: October 05, 2011, 10:25:13 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz3j8gKRUTg[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLkgH8ORfk0[/youtube]

... I'm in love.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #744 on: October 08, 2011, 07:29:26 AM

I think I may watch breaking dawn film.

To laugh out loud.
Lol, tell us how that goes.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #745 on: October 08, 2011, 07:41:52 AM
I saw Real Steel tonight. It was awesome!

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #746 on: October 08, 2011, 10:53:33 AM
I saw Real Steel tonight. It was awesome!
Hugh Jackman and fighting robots, how does it go?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #747 on: October 08, 2011, 06:27:42 PM
Pretty decent father/son bonding movie with Spielbergian elements and giant boxing robots.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #748 on: October 12, 2011, 12:26:48 AM
So I finally saw Pirates 4....

And it wasn't too bad. Typical Jack Sparrow wackiness, and a story that picks up where 3 left off (as far as Jack is concerned, that is) with nice little nods to the original trilogy. I enjoyed it.

Next up on my queue? Thor.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #749 on: November 13, 2011, 06:23:53 AM
Eurotrip.

What the hell did I just watch?! Pretty bizzare movie, even for late-night standards. o-O

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.