At The Movies With RPM

Protoman Blues · 199675

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #375 on: May 21, 2010, 11:01:09 PM
KTLA 5 news, but I hope its just a lie cuze like you say, tooooo expensive, might as well put out on Blu-Ray and DVD while your at it. :/

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #376 on: May 21, 2010, 11:15:33 PM
Well, the only time that would happen is in like 20 years when inflation can support it; it won't be happening within the next few days. In order for that to happen and work in today's society, society would have to end. The only movie places with $100 movie tickets are highly specialized movie theaters that serve caviar.

And, since I asked my roommate who is from LA originally about this, she said that KTLA is not the best place to get your news. At times, they can be as bad as Fox News with things; the rest of the time they're worse.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #377 on: May 23, 2010, 06:10:58 PM
Worse than fox? WHOA that must be pretty bad.

in any case, if prices went up like that, movies would barely make any money. folks would wait for the DVD or pirate it online. (more than they already do anyway)

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Frozen Potato

• The Unamused Blue Haired
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #378 on: May 29, 2010, 03:20:36 PM
Prince of Persia:Sands of Time

Awesome...but needs more sand time hack  8D

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #379 on: May 29, 2010, 03:37:50 PM
I heard good things about that earlier today! I'm honestly interested in it; sounds like it's faithful to the games.

*uses Sands of Time to edit* 4000 POSTS GET~

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Frozen Potato

• The Unamused Blue Haired
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #380 on: May 29, 2010, 05:12:27 PM
Well...but too bad he doesn't use the power of the sands as much as he did in the games....only a few times....but still awesome effect  8D

Offline Jazz Shaking

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #381 on: May 31, 2010, 06:03:34 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NUBVcit5VM&playnext_from=TL&videos=XCt4oO5opUQ[/youtube]

Aww man. The newest trailer for Scott Pilgrim VS The World looks awesome. Being a fan of the comics helps my anticipation.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #382 on: May 31, 2010, 11:53:14 PM
Everyone! I just watched The Two Towers!
Let me just say, I've never, EVER watched the trilogy, and read some of the books, and The Hobbit.
Well anyways,
The start of the movie is quite boring, as Elf Hunter and Dwarf chase two Hobbits and Sam and Frodo try to get to Mordor.
That part of the movie is pretty dull, but I still find the places just wonderful, it also shows what happened to Gandalf in the first movie. Then the story picks up, instead of focusing on one single group, it focuses on the two Hobbits, Sam Frodo and then later on Gollumm, and the rest of the living Fellowship. This is when things get interesting, showing different places and breaking off to the other part of the story to continue the story. This movie then stretches the lore even more, showing even more types of people, most famous are the Ent. Gandalf levels up big time after slaying the big fiery monster, as I could not find any other explanation of it. And then, the climax, not just one battle, but three, all happening at the same time. There's Helms Deep which is just stunning to see the entire waves of orcs and humans, the Ents fighting at the Dark Tower, which is sheer awesome and the best environmentally friendly thing I've ever seen. Then the other fight in ruins, which is also great. This does not just introduce new things, but fleshes out the characters a bit more, Gollum and Aragon pretty much. But it's not much the save the party of heroes save the earth type like the original was, rather more about the lands and coming together and going to war.
I loved this one, but it still has a slow beginning.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #383 on: June 03, 2010, 05:45:53 AM
Just saw Ghostbusters for the first time... that was an awesome and hilarious movie... I don't know how I hadn't seen this movie before. It was one of the funniest movies I've seen in a while, and the special effects weren't half bad either.

And while I was typing, I suddenly got an image idea for RPM Ghostbusters. Featuring PB and Ninja Lou...

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
Reply #384 on: June 13, 2010, 03:41:42 AM
Saw Ratatouille. [parasitic bomb] was amusing. The funniest parts in my book were the ones where Remy was inside of Linguini's toque. SPAZ.

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #385 on: June 13, 2010, 03:43:54 AM
Oh yeah, I saw The A-Team last night.  It was surprisingly very good.  Great casting, silly action.  All around good action flick and nice A-Team homage.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #386 on: June 19, 2010, 03:44:57 AM
So, I just saw Toy Story 3.

As always, Pixar doesn't disappoint me. Story was well thought out, and though all around a bit darker, still had many great comedic moments. The ending though, FFFFFF. Really cute and happy resolution, but damn did I ever cry. 3D itself was kinda.. meh. Nothing really popping out, just seemed unnecessary to have it in the first place. Overall though I'm very pleased with how they ended the series.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #387 on: June 21, 2010, 08:04:30 PM
Toy Story 3 is...
So, I just saw Toy Story 3.

As always, Pixar doesn't disappoint me. Story was well thought out, and though all around a bit darker, still had many great comedic moments. The ending though, FFFFFF. Really cute and happy resolution, but damn did I ever cry. 3D itself was kinda.. meh. Nothing really popping out, just seemed unnecessary to have it in the first place. Overall though I'm very pleased with how they ended the series.
Well this, though dissapoint of a smaller cast of toys.
Poor Woody is all lonely now.

Oh and Return Of the King was amazing, though I wanted some Sarumon bashing.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #388 on: June 21, 2010, 08:06:18 PM
Oh and Return Of the King was amazing, though I wanted some Sarumon bashing.
Did you watch the Extended version?

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #389 on: June 21, 2010, 08:12:46 PM
Just the regular movie.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #390 on: June 21, 2010, 08:15:34 PM
Ah. You're missing out then.

In the extended version, Sarumon is stabbed in the back (literally) by Wormtongue-or-whatever-his-name-was, who in turn is shot with an arrow by Legolas. Sarumon then falls off the tower and is impaled. His corpse then drops the Palantir into the water, rather than it just already mysteriously being there for Pippin to find. Interestingly however, the shortened version is actually closer to what happened in the Book, while the event of Sarumon's death happens near the end when he takes over The Shire just before Frodo and others return.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #391 on: June 21, 2010, 08:20:03 PM
Sounds good, I'll hunt myself down a copy.

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
Reply #392 on: June 23, 2010, 01:27:13 AM
So me and my twin bro were watching Airplane! on DVD, and it was some hilarious [parasitic bomb], although some gags were repeated, but nonetheless, it was still funny.

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #394 on: June 23, 2010, 02:39:48 AM
what does that have to do with movies

CRAP! Wrong thread *moves*. It's also gone now, I was -too- distracted by the damn thing anyway. However, on topic. I just finished Alice and Wonderland, the Tim Burton edition earlier today, and it's okay. Ehh.. It's not too great, and it feels like it picks up from Disney's own version. Oh well.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Genderifically Confuzzled
  • Master's Unit
  • MAKE LOVE FOR MY KITTENS
    • View Profile
Reply #395 on: July 02, 2010, 12:02:52 AM
So I just watched MR-73. First of all, let me just make it very clear this is not a movie for everybody. It is very deep, very intense and very French. I myself am a fan of French cinema, particularly crime thrillers, so I watched this with high expectations. It did not disappoint.

The casting was excellent - I genuinely felt pity for the protagonist, contempt for the antagonist and I wanted the heroine to earn her happy ending. The score is also superb, with harsh, ominous orchestral music accentuating the already harsh nature of the film. I shouldn't need to tell you the cinematography was also brilliant - it's something the French are quite well known for, after all, when it comes to film-making. The story is well-done: it isn't anything particularly special - a deadbeat and alcoholic police officer takes on one last case to catch a serial killer before he strikes again - yet it is done in such a way that it feels real and genuine - and if the trivia is to be believed, this is indeed based on a true story. Unlike most other movies like this, though, there is no happy ending. What happiness there is in the ending is minor, at best, and it barely makes up for the tragedy that befalls the protagonist through his own violition.

It is very clear from the start that there is no hope for the protagonist, a devestated and grizzled anti-hero with nothing to live for who knows very well he is on a path towards self-destruction. He drinks and smokes to excess and has problems controlling his temper. He is shown displaying kindness to the cat he rescues and it is clear there is some semblance of justice that he feels is worth fighting for; but, ultimately, it is not enough to redeem or save him. He is a tragic, yet earnest, figure, one who knows he is staring into the abyss and is well aware that he has only two choices: jump or be pushed in. There is no turning back. In the end, he chooses to jump, taking down the murderer and his brain-dead wife with him. While our heroine gives birth to a baby boy - which she names after the protagonist, a cliché that can easily be forgiven for a number of reasons - we witness our anti-hero's final descent into Hell as the scenes of his murder-suicide are juxtaposed with images of the newborn baby. It is a powerful and compelling scene that shows us how everything has come full-circle: in taking a life, he allows the creation of another life. At this point, the audience may well be clinging onto the hope that there may be some form of salvation for our protagonist, knowing well that the villain of the film is dead and the heroine is safe. The director may well have expected such hopes, as he has no qualms with crushing them before our very eyes. Yet it isn't done cruelly - by this point, the audience should know that there cannot always be a happy ending. There is no idealism in this movie, and even a staunch idealist like me has no problems in coming to the conclusion that such feelings can, at times, be foolish and naive. We know from the beginning the protagonist is doomed. He cannot be saved.

The movie is not one that holds punches. Everything is portrayed in full-on, gritty detail. Nothing is sugar-coated or hidden or made to look nicer. It holds a mirror up to what we, as human beings, are capable of, and it does nothing to make it tamer for its audience. It is very clear the director wants us to look at it and be horrified and ashamed. It is a dark, dreary and sombre film - and yet, it does not feel depressing or like it is trying to sadden us. It is realistic. It paints a very grim, yet sadly very true, picture of what life can be like in a world where there are not always white-hatted heroes coming to save the day and defeat the black-hatted villain. We are made to question the morality of the protagonist and the people beside him, whether they are any better than the murderer, the vile antagonist. Are these men doing what they must to protect some semblance of justice and humanity in a world that seems beyond saving, a world that does not care for them or what they do?

To summarise: it is not a movie for everyone. Do not watch this movie to waste time or pass away the hours and definitely not for a piece of light entertainment. It is deep, disturbing and very intense. Most people may feel compelled to turn away or switch it off when it gets to the darker moments if they do not know what they are watching. I reccomend you make sure you know what you are watching before watching it. It is a very heavy film, yet if you are willing to make the effort to watch, understand and appreciate what it has to show us, then you will almost certainly not be disappointed.

I came into this expecting a good action film that would be enjoyable to watch. I left drained and with a deep impression left, but in the best way possible. Highly reccomended.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #396 on: July 06, 2010, 12:50:00 AM
Went to see Last Airbender yesterday with a handful of my buddies and my little brother. It was pretty good, if a little confusing. The pronounced the names as if they were Japanese names, they missed several plot points due to time restraints, and they changed some other points for a more dramatic effect. It'd be a bit confusing for someone who hasn't seen the series. Though, all in all, my opinion of it is the only people who would truly dislike it would be those that dislike the series and those that are anal about details.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #397 on: July 06, 2010, 07:48:43 PM
ONE QUESTION ABOUT AIR BENDER!! Should I see it in 3D or 2D?

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #398 on: July 06, 2010, 08:47:36 PM
I saw it in 2D. I wouldn't know what it would be like in 3D, but I think it's just a gimmick.

Something I forgot in my review, Zuko's scar isn't as pronounced as it is in the show.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #399 on: July 06, 2010, 08:54:41 PM
Something I forgot in my review, Zuko's scar isn't as pronounced as it is in the show.
LIES
LIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I'm watching you all. Always watching.