Sonic Colors (Wii, DS)

Klavier Gavin · 133385

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #775 on: September 11, 2010, 01:30:27 PM
lol he shitted 2 pieces of gold, then just shitted out [parasitic bomb].
He's been getting baby steps towards quality for a long time. It's alright to be proud of his development as you would clap to see a retarded kid tie his own shoes without drooling.

...but when that retarded kid says he's smarter than Einstein and acts smug about it, I feel like slapping his face.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #776 on: September 11, 2010, 05:47:35 PM
I'm so sad Blaze isn't in Rush 3.
As am I.  Sega could always surprise us, though.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #777 on: September 11, 2010, 08:51:06 PM
As am I.  Sega could always surprise us, though.
Look on the bright side. Maybe they could focus that development time in giving us more levels instead of a character that plays pretty much the same on repeated levels.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #778 on: September 12, 2010, 12:16:36 AM
It's the same engine, right down to the dash meter.  Porting a pre-existing character shouldn't take NEARLY the dev time that new levels would.

Blaze's appearance does not mandate a replay.  In Rush Adventure, you play as Sonic until you meet her, then you have your choice between the two from then on out.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #779 on: September 12, 2010, 12:19:15 AM
It's the same engine, right down to the dash meter.  Porting a pre-existing character shouldn't take NEARLY the dev time that new levels would.
It's still Sonic Colors. That means you'd have to port the wisp gameplay, plus explain why this new character isn't in the Wii version in the first place.

Sega's in a "Sonic only" phase. I think it's good and refreshing for them. I know you have a hard-on for repeated gameplays of a game with characters with similar gameplay, but this is a positive thing for Sega. More stuff will come later if they're successful. Let them improve on their game-making bit by bit.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #780 on: September 12, 2010, 02:49:30 AM
That's because no other 2D Mario game ever had this kind of co-op before. But to me, NSMBWii showed that it can be done, done well, and needs to be [tornado fang]ing done with online capabilities so I can toss my friend from Canada into the liquid hot magma like the syrup sucking whore she is!  8D

I'm curious of who this person is.
for professional reasons of course.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #781 on: September 12, 2010, 04:26:35 AM
It's still Sonic Colors. That means you'd have to port the wisp gameplay, plus explain why this new character isn't in the Wii version in the first place.
Because Sonic's plotline is that deep, right?

Who says that Wii and DS stories are going to be the same, anyway?  Just because the game title is the same doesn't mean the dialogue is going to be identical.  If they're different scenarios merely with thematic "wisp gameplay" similarities, then no explanation is necessary.

Sega's in a "Sonic only" phase. I think it's good and refreshing for them. I know you have a hard-on for repeated gameplays of a game with characters with similar gameplay, but this is a positive thing for Sega. More stuff will come later if they're successful. Let them improve on their game-making bit by bit.
It's not refreshing for Wii owners; Sonic-only is *ALL* they've done on that console, save for Black Knight.

And mind you, this "improvement" they're on has yet to be tested.  Yeah, I'm hopeful too, but hope is what sustains this end of the Sonic Cycle.  Further, I found Black Knight to be a significant improvement, particularly in its late-game (which is unusual for me since I tend to enjoy the early stages in other Sonic games), but unfortunately the public perception of hedgehogs with swords is a lot worse than hedgehogs with cyber-elves.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #782 on: September 12, 2010, 05:14:35 AM
Because Sonic's plotline is that deep, right?

Who says that Wii and DS stories are going to be the same, anyway?  Just because the game title is the same doesn't mean the dialogue is going to be identical.  If they're different scenarios merely with thematic "wisp gameplay" similarities, then no explanation is necessary.
Some explanation would have to be given to why Blaze is in the game all of a sudden. And it would really serve no purpose whatsoever. Just let the game be without nitpicking on the absence of a single character who isn't prevalent in the Sonic series and is only wanted in this game because it's unofficially Sonic Rush 3.

It's not refreshing for Wii owners; Sonic-only is *ALL* they've done on that console, save for Black Knight.

And mind you, this "improvement" they're on has yet to be tested.  Yeah, I'm hopeful too, but hope is what sustains this end of the Sonic Cycle.  Further, I found Black Knight to be a significant improvement, particularly in its late-game (which is unusual for me since I tend to enjoy the early stages in other Sonic games), but unfortunately the public perception of hedgehogs with swords is a lot worse than hedgehogs with cyber-elves.
The Wii isn't the only console around, and Sonic Team has proved time and time again to not be able to hold the responsibility to handle more than one single gameplay mode without [tornado fang]ing it all up for almost ten years. So far, what we've seen of both new home console games they're making, suggests that they're at least decent and not a complete shitty mess like the ones before. We still have to judge that for ourselves, but for now, the system seems to be working. Aside from your favoritism for a game most people seem to hate and alot of other questionable choices, surely you can find this easy to understand? The one thing people need, is a GOOD Sonic game. At this point, as long as they can deliver quality to us, I will not give a flying [tornado fang] about whether the game stars Rocky the Raccoon or Honky the Hippo. Sega's keeping it as simple as they can in both of these games, while still offering simple extras to make it memorable. With everyone bitching about this "back to origins" bullshit, we need simplicity more than ever. We need a game that gamers, fans and reviewers can enjoy equally, a game which has the potencial to be fun for pretty much everyone. For now, from what we've seen, this seems to be travelling in that direction. It's an improvement on everything the halfway good parts of Unleashed were, built on the easiest home console to program for nowadays, on a system Sonic Team has experience with. Everything about this makes sense.

Anyway, Sonic fans will [sonic slicer] beyond racionality.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #783 on: September 12, 2010, 06:30:53 AM
Wow, who knew a pointless comment like that would spawn such a bickering.

For the record, I'm fine with Colors DS being Sonic only. I plan on getting it on release day. I just like the Blaze character and prefer using her in the Rush games rather than Sonic and decided to joke on this, seeing as Colors DS is unofficially Rush 3 :P

I guess I should've known better from dealing with the Sonic community nearly a decade now that you just can't joke when Sonic is involved.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #784 on: September 12, 2010, 08:35:42 PM
Sonic the Hedgehog: serious god damn business.

All of you really need to get the collective starposts out of your Mystic Caves.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #785 on: September 12, 2010, 09:21:57 PM
There's bitching everywhere Sonic is involved. The only point I'm saying is that instead of bickering for trivial [parasitic bomb] in the games, people should complain about their QUALITY, not say that they're bad because of this or that small insignificant detail.

That's what's bad about Sonic fans in the first place. They don't want quality, they want their pointless [parasitic bomb] in the games, whether they're good or bad.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #786 on: September 12, 2010, 09:24:14 PM
Myself, I just play games regardless of what people say and form my own opinion. If it's fun, good. If it's not, oh well. Minor details that fans of series go... well, fanatical about don't bug me.

Granted, there are games that even I go nuts over (Kirby and Golden Sun, for instance), but for the most part I'm just in it for the entertainment value and not the OMG THIS DETAIL IS WRONG THE GAME IS RUINED factor.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #787 on: September 12, 2010, 10:51:35 PM
Myself, I just play games regardless of what people say and form my own opinion. If it's fun, good. If it's not, oh well. Minor details that fans of series go... well, fanatical about don't bug me.

Granted, there are games that even I go nuts over (Kirby and Golden Sun, for instance), but for the most part I'm just in it for the entertainment value and not the OMG THIS DETAIL IS WRONG THE GAME IS RUINED factor.
I use reviews and public opinion because there are too many games and not enough money. =P

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #788 on: September 12, 2010, 10:52:58 PM
Yeah, well there's that too. But I also like to formulate my own opinion if I can.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #789 on: September 12, 2010, 10:58:08 PM
Yeah, well there's that too. But I also like to formulate my own opinion if I can.
I do that on the Wii, PSP and DS, because those are pirateable. But for 360/PS3, I do rely ALOT on reviews and general public consent in order to get only the best games.

Trust me, you would too if you had to pay 75 euros ($95) for each and every single game you bought.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #790 on: September 12, 2010, 11:07:52 PM
Well I don't play 360/PS3... :P

Why do you think this is my strategy? 8D

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #791 on: September 12, 2010, 11:18:59 PM
They can both be pirated, but I ain't risking it with the online play.

...while Nintendo doesn't pay any [tornado fang]ing attention to its online features, so it's cool. 8D

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #792 on: September 12, 2010, 11:22:18 PM
And my computer sucks, so I can't even run them. :P

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #793 on: September 13, 2010, 12:46:14 AM
I do that on the Wii, PSP and DS, because those are pirateable. But for 360/PS3, I do rely ALOT on reviews and general public consent in order to get only the best games.

Trust me, you would too if you had to pay 75 euros ($95) for each and every single game you bought.
I take into account reviews and public opinion, but at times, both can be utter bullshit, (such as EVERYONE criticizing Other M either because theyre nostalgiafags who're pissed its not prime style, or just because Samus now has a personality. or whatever else theyre complaining about that game) For example, lots of people were negative about Unleashed. "baaaw, sonic's too fast baaaaw" "baaaaw werehog baaaaw"(granted it WAS a silly concept) I had no problem with it. Everyone says Avoid Sonic 06, but I still found it rather enjoyable to play.
I get MY opinions from trailers and gameplay videos first- reviews and public opinion second.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #794 on: September 13, 2010, 12:57:10 AM
I get MY opinions from trailers and gameplay videos first- reviews and public opinion second.

Actually, judging by what you just said, you get your opinions from YOU first, trailers & gameplay videos second, and reviews & public opinion third.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #795 on: September 13, 2010, 01:00:17 AM
Actually, judging by what you just said, you get your opinions from YOU first, trailers & gameplay videos second, and reviews & public opinion third.
Well, I watch the trailers, and if theyre available, some gameplay vids on youtube. if it interests me, then I look at reviews and public opinion. so yes, I fget my opinion from myself first- then see what others think of it.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #796 on: September 13, 2010, 01:04:30 AM
They can both be pirated, but I ain't risking it with the online play.

...while Nintendo doesn't pay any [tornado fang]ing attention to its online features, so it's cool. 8D

It's why Wario Ware: DIY is so [tornado fang]ing awesome. I get to see other's silly-to-sexy creations on Youtube and nintendo will not give a damn about it. Best of all, you don't HAVE to play/own it. You could just watch the player's own antics and put yourself in his or her shoes.  XD

But this isin't about Wario, it's about Sonic.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #797 on: September 13, 2010, 01:06:14 AM
Ultimately your own personal enjoyment of the game is what's most important, even more so than the actual game itself. But, like our most excellent friend said, it's a superbuy for Superbat for some games, so personal reviews of a game are extremely important when it comes to making a decision to spend $90. It's no different then looking for a digital camera to buy. Trailers & Gameplay Videos are primarily a source of marketing, and they can make it look nice. But thanks to the internet, we can now easily read personal opinions on products, which are perhaps the most important reviews of them all.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #798 on: September 13, 2010, 01:14:29 AM
It's why Wario Ware: DIY is so [tornado fang]ing awesome. I get to see other's silly-to-sexy creations on Youtube and nintendo will not give a damn about it. Best of all, you don't HAVE to play/own it. You could just watch the player's own antics and put yourself in his or her shoes.  XD

But this isin't about Wario, it's about Sonic.
What's yer DIY FC?

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #799 on: September 13, 2010, 01:29:17 AM
What's yer DIY FC?

I just like to watch the poor bastards on Youtube get smoked by some other guy's minigame. I'll get it.. Eventually. 8D

Again, this is not the case, this is Sonic we are talking about here.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.