Sonic Colors (Wii, DS)

Klavier Gavin · 133214

Offline Bloodedge

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #650 on: August 20, 2010, 10:13:09 AM
I was wondering why that post showed up twice. -_-

"To protect the world from Japanamation, To overthrough the Kaiba corporation,
To denounce the meaning of the original dub, to extend our reach to the world above,
Team Fourkids blast of at the speed of light, surrender now or prepare to fight,
Meowth that's right..."

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #651 on: August 20, 2010, 03:56:42 PM
Bleh, too much [tornado fang]ing Unleashed in those videos.  Definitely going to pass on this one.

I'm gonna go back to waiting on Sonic 4.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Shinigami No Tekken

• RPM's resident kid-on-the-old-man's-lawn.
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #652 on: August 20, 2010, 05:53:37 PM
Bleh, too much [tornado fang]ing Unleashed in those videos.  Definitely going to pass on this one.

Have it your way.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #653 on: August 20, 2010, 05:59:24 PM

What was wrong with Unleashed? (werehog aside)
Or did you just suck at it?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Jazz Shaking

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #654 on: August 20, 2010, 09:08:28 PM

Offline Bloodedge

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #655 on: August 20, 2010, 09:18:26 PM
Unleashed was amazing (Manhog aside and that fact you had to fight my favorite boss with him aside >.> ) So Colours should be very fun.

To denounce the meaning of the original dub, to extend our reach to the world above,
Team Fourkids blast of at the speed of light, surrender now or prepare to fight,
Meowth that's right..."

Offline Jazz Shaking

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #656 on: August 20, 2010, 10:13:48 PM

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #657 on: August 20, 2010, 10:43:28 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV11UW_RmSQ[/youtube]

Green Wisp in action.

Posted on: August 20, 2010, 03:28:42 PM
Sonic Colors DS Special Stage.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y7sz2zcKYw[/youtube]

First of all: Sorry about the low quality and lack of sound. We we’re using the camera of my friend’s mom and we didn’t know it didn’t record sound.

As you can see I was pretty noobish at the start because I didn’t know what to do. After a bit the Nintendo rep told me I had to collect the spheres of the same colors as the top screen. The rainbow ones can be collected at any time. And then there were checkered ones, that if you collected all of them you would get a 10 sphere bonus.

I didn’t film this, because I didn’t know until we stopped filming, but you get ranked in the Special Stages.

I have some other info that I don’t have on film.

Planet Wisp is Level 4.

Sonic’s model is a bit different from the other two Rushes. He’s much darker and unlike SRA his spindash has the classic form

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #658 on: August 21, 2010, 02:44:40 AM
Isn't it the Genesis-era fans that [sonic slicer] about the new stuff more? Pretty sure noobs are the ones that eat up the new stuff.
I doubt that one; I've seen people chew into STH3 as the "beginning of the end".  Any Genesis-era fan worth their snot would UPPERCUT!! such a fool for obvious reasons (S3&K).

I'm a Genesis-era fan but I happen to love the Adventures and Storybook games as well.  Heroes and Shadow were sub-par, but not impossible to salvage.  Riders was an interesting concept that didn't quite click.  Haven't played 06 or Unleashed.

If you ask me, Sonic hate ties to Sonic no longer being a console mascot.  That's just the trend as I saw it; this bitching started before even Heroes was released, at least editorial-wise.  Read up on IGN's reviews of the GCN Adventure ports sometime; it's atrocious.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #659 on: August 21, 2010, 03:50:52 AM
I think a lot of it has to do with poor marketing, glitches and somewhat poor controls on some games, and from what I've read, how the series has gone from a momentum based gameplay towards just speed.

But I am definitely no Sonic expert here. Just my casual observation.

Offline Bloodedge

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #660 on: August 21, 2010, 03:56:47 AM
Glitches are what makes speedruns fun! >D

Meowth that's right..."

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #661 on: August 21, 2010, 04:15:44 AM
I don't mind the occasional glitch, didn't stop me from enjoying SA1.  The camera could stand to be less jittery, though.

Glitches were not alien to the Genesis games, either.  More than once I've found myself caught in a wall and/or outrunning the screen on one of the sidescrollers.  When you've got 70-something lives, you don't really care.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #662 on: August 21, 2010, 04:26:54 AM
It's only fun when it's not Sonic's Glitch Quest... errr Sonic 06

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #663 on: August 21, 2010, 05:08:37 AM
Sonix 06 was interesting. I really encountered barely any glitches, and gameplaywise, really reminded me more of the Adventure games than any of the other games that followed Adventure.
However, the Sonic autorun segments just didnt feel as good as Unleashed's running segments. They felt well, automatic. then theres the way Sonic can just casually walk around a loop...
i found Shadow's gameplay for ex. to be much like he SHOULD have played in his game.

In my opinion, people have just gotten used to bitching. its become the "thing" thats in. bitching about sonic and how he "fails".

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #664 on: August 21, 2010, 05:14:58 AM
I think a lot of it has to do with poor marketing, glitches and somewhat poor controls on some games, and from what I've read, how the series has gone from a momentum based gameplay towards just speed.

But I am definitely no Sonic expert here. Just my casual observation.

^pretty much this for me.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #665 on: August 21, 2010, 05:33:20 AM
I'm only going off of a video I saw on YouTube. It showed a lot of horrible glitches.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #666 on: August 21, 2010, 05:48:47 PM
Sonix 06 was interesting. I really encountered barely any glitches, and gameplaywise, really reminded me more of the Adventure games than any of the other games that followed Adventure.
However, the Sonic autorun segments just didnt feel as good as Unleashed's running segments. They felt well, automatic. then theres the way Sonic can just casually walk around a loop...
i found Shadow's gameplay for ex. to be much like he SHOULD have played in his game.

In my opinion, people have just gotten used to bitching. its become the "thing" thats in. bitching about sonic and how he "fails".

^This, and was just added to friend's list.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #667 on: August 21, 2010, 07:20:34 PM
I'm only going off of a video I saw on YouTube. It showed a lot of horrible glitches.

Well you don't know the half of it until you actually play the beast.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #668 on: August 21, 2010, 09:32:20 PM
Yeah, I know. Still, the glitches I saw were horrendous...

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #669 on: August 21, 2010, 09:37:34 PM
Just watched the info video on Nintendo Channel on mah Wii. Pretty sweet really.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #670 on: August 22, 2010, 10:21:37 PM
The fanbase bitches because of stupid reasons like story, characters or voice acting.

...the reason the games don't get any respect is because... well, they're bad. They're playable by people who force themselves to go through the awful gameplay or stage design, but I don't give a [tornado fang] how many conspiracies people dream up for hatred on Sonic games. The games are pure and simply not up to standards with any other decent-quality games in today's gaming world. Lots of games, like the Sonic Adventure titles, still hold up quite well, and yes, the Advance and Rush titles were very good. But almost the entire rest leaves something to wish for on every single title that deems them "bad".

Problem is that neither fans nor the company can make up their minds. But right now, they seem to be going on a good direction. Sega previously just ran away from every single gameplay combination they couldn't make work. They seem to be attempting to make Unleashed's gameplay finally WORK according to the damn levels, with design that fits the gameplay, colorful and playful settings, and an actual good quality game.

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #671 on: August 23, 2010, 08:59:30 AM
The fanbase bitches because of stupid reasons like story, characters or voice acting.

...the reason the games don't get any respect is because... well, they're bad. They're playable by people who force themselves to go through the awful gameplay or stage design, but I don't give a [tornado fang] how many conspiracies people dream up for hatred on Sonic games. The games are pure and simply not up to standards with any other decent-quality games in today's gaming world. Lots of games, like the Sonic Adventure titles, still hold up quite well, and yes, the Advance and Rush titles were very good. But almost the entire rest leaves something to wish for on every single title that deems them "bad".

Problem is that neither fans nor the company can make up their minds. But right now, they seem to be going on a good direction. Sega previously just ran away from every single gameplay combination they couldn't make work. They seem to be attempting to make Unleashed's gameplay finally WORK according to the damn levels, with design that fits the gameplay, colorful and playful settings, and an actual good quality game.

Though I hate to admit it, he may be right.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #672 on: August 23, 2010, 09:03:09 AM
He usually is, Giga. You'll get used to it.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #673 on: August 23, 2010, 08:58:24 PM
These new glitching reactions from Colors are worrying me. But alas, Sega is at least making an effort to follow their baby steps. I'll download and play the thing through, and swallow my pride and buy it if it's any good. But I'm kinda tired of disappointments.

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #674 on: August 23, 2010, 10:44:12 PM
He usually is, Giga. You'll get used to it.

I guess I'll have to. Even if I hate to admit it. And I really hate to admit it.