Sonic Colors (Wii, DS)

Klavier Gavin · 133198

Offline Ike-Mike

• Protoman: "Nein!"
  • Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #625 on: August 19, 2010, 07:08:13 PM
I still don't see any 'hook' that might make this game suck.
Could this really be the 3D Sonic done right that people have been waiting for so long?

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #626 on: August 19, 2010, 07:08:57 PM

Sonic is not the only one with spikes in Sonic Colors!

Check out the Color Power of the latest Wisp to be revealed; Pink Wisp and its Sonic-like spikes! When Sonic absorbs Pink Wisp, he can use “Pink Spike” Color Power, meaning he has much stronger spikes. Pink Spike makes the most of the spikes and is able to stick to any wall and ceilings! Exclusive to the Nintendo Wii version of the game, Pink Wisp helps Sonic explore new routes in a brand new way through certain levels of the game.

Source

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #627 on: August 19, 2010, 07:48:54 PM
I've been seeing complaints that there's too many power ups.

I really hate this damn fanbase.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #628 on: August 19, 2010, 07:50:49 PM

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #629 on: August 19, 2010, 07:59:36 PM
In all honesty, this game seems to be shaping up a lot better than Sonic 4. And given all these abilities, i wouldn't expect them to have Super Sonic in-levels. (or rather, they're almost like having a Super transformation)

BUT I STILL WANNA SEE SOME UNLOCKABLE TAILS

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #630 on: August 19, 2010, 08:47:57 PM

They're just digging to find complaints now.

Spider Balling looks pretty cool.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #631 on: August 19, 2010, 08:53:27 PM

You cannot please anyone, no matter how you try and soon they will announce that 'Shadow is an unlockable character in the game' and the fandom will be, 'oh noes, shadow is in the game, it will have angst and it fail lol.'

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #632 on: August 20, 2010, 02:11:43 AM
What part of

Quote from: Takashi Iizuka
In Sonic Colours Sonic is the lone playable character, and with the Colour powers Sonic is able to do something different

Did you not understand?

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #633 on: August 20, 2010, 02:56:31 AM
What part of

Did you not understand?

That was just an example of the unpleasable fanbase Sonic has, they complain about tons of crap. I think they complained about the Knuckles/Shadow Rumors in Unleashed. (Speaking of which, why always those two? I mean, I know they're popular, but at least make rumors up about other characters. Those sound more belivable than claiming that Knuckles AND Shadow have cameos in all the ones they aren't in.)

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #634 on: August 20, 2010, 03:07:49 AM
They had said that if unleashed didn't have the werehog levels the game would be too short.
It appears this is all running and jumping. And maybe it'll be slowed down too.
So would all this true?

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #635 on: August 20, 2010, 03:12:45 AM
That was just an example of the unpleasable fanbase Sonic has, they complain about tons of crap. I think they complained about the Knuckles/Shadow Rumors in Unleashed. (Speaking of which, why always those two? I mean, I know they're popular, but at least make rumors up about other characters. Those sound more belivable than claiming that Knuckles AND Shadow have cameos in all the ones they aren't in.)

As soon as 12 year olds/Animu-tards hit the fanbase, you pretty much went for the whole "Goku, Piccolo, and Gohan" shtick. After a few flawed games the fandom became unpleasable from there, and such you'll see mostly female fans who adore the CosmoxTails pairing.

I'm getting ahead of myself here: The fanbase is just too damn unpleaseable. Sega is TRYING to go back to the "retro" that everyone wants and now they want characters playable again so they can have thier little fan pairings/mary sues? Whaatt thhhee ffuucck?

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #636 on: August 20, 2010, 05:32:47 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awR6yj8sAj8[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK1r6RJTIOw[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U62889MZ_hI[/youtube]

Quote from: TSS
Three new videos of the Wii version of Sonic Colours have hit the net, straight from Gamescom. The first video is from SSMB Member and Spindash.de staff member Spark. The footage Spark and his friends recorded gives us a look at the fully animated title screen, where Sonic is running between all of the games Wisps. The video also shows the Act title cards have been redesigned a little to fit the current stage.

The second video is from YouTube user ThomasBillstein, who has recorded footage from an updated Tropical Resort level. The video shows a couple of changes since we last saw the stage in the E3 demo. More crystals for use with the Cyan Wisp’s ricocheting power have been added to the end of Act 2, and destroying the Wisp Capsule at the end of an Act now results in a cool slow motion animation.

The third video is from GamezGeneration, which shows more of the updated Tropical Resort stage. Thanks to speedduelist at the SSMB for the heads up on this video!

Source

Offline Shinigami No Tekken

• RPM's resident kid-on-the-old-man's-lawn.
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #637 on: August 20, 2010, 07:41:43 AM
As soon as 12 year olds/Animu-tards hit the fanbase, you pretty much went for the whole "Goku, Piccolo, and Gohan" shtick. After a few flawed games the fandom became unpleasable from there, and such you'll see mostly female fans who adore the CosmoxTails pairing.

I'm getting ahead of myself here: The fanbase is just too damn unpleaseable. Sega is TRYING to go back to the "retro" that everyone wants and now they want characters playable again so they can have thier little fan pairings/mary sues? Whaatt thhhee ffuucck?

@This amongst all other fanbase related comments:

Most of the Sonic fanbase are noobs that search and dig around for something, ANYTHING, to hate on. They bash Sonic Heroes for it's team system, Shadow for, well, anything, Sonic 06 for that little kiss between Sonic and Elise, Secret Rings for the motion control, Black Knight for.... I dunno.

Point being, sit down, shut up, and enjoy the game.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awR6yj8sAj8[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK1r6RJTIOw[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U62889MZ_hI[/youtube]

Source

To this, I say, pretty sweet vids.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #638 on: August 20, 2010, 07:48:36 AM
Most of the Sonic fanbase are noobs that search and dig around for something, ANYTHING, to hate on. They bash Sonic Heroes for it's team system, Shadow for, well, anything, Sonic 06 for that little kiss between Sonic and Elise, Secret Rings for the motion control, Black Knight for.... I dunno.

Isn't it the Genesis-era fans that [sonic slicer] about the new stuff more? Pretty sure noobs are the ones that eat up the new stuff.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #639 on: August 20, 2010, 07:51:16 AM
Isn't it the Genesis-era fans that [sonic slicer] about the new stuff more? Pretty sure noobs are the ones that eat up the new stuff.

Nah. Found plenty of people about my age who [sonic slicer] about the Sonic series 24/7.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #640 on: August 20, 2010, 07:58:07 AM
Sonic Heroes, Shadow, Sonic 06, Secret Rings, Black Knight.

Same [parasitic bomb] over and over (Though three of the teams have different difficulty and the other team is mission based). [tornado fang]ing AI, especially when you're working with Black Doom ([tornado fang]ing aliens shooting me when I'm on their side). Never played (heard bitching about the kiss, also heard bitching about bugs). Those god damn controls. Insert the IGN review here. 8D But seriously, I've never played it, so I can't really say anything about it, except for what I've heard. It's too short. I'll play it eventually though...

Do keep in mind, I like current Sonic games and I can't wait to play Colors. :v

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #641 on: August 20, 2010, 07:59:49 AM
Those god damn controls.

Do keep in mind, I like current Sonic games and I can't wait to play Colors. :v

Controls ain't all that bad once you get used to them. They're a bit annoying in some places like closed rooms, but other than that, I find them relatively fun.

And yeah, Colors seems awesome. But I can't decide between Wii and DS, as I have both a Wii and a DS.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #642 on: August 20, 2010, 08:01:56 AM
They're a bit annoying in some places like closed rooms.

And yeah, Colors seems awesome. But I can't decide between Wii and DS, as I have both a Wii and a DS.

Indeed.

I'm getting both versions. 8D

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #643 on: August 20, 2010, 08:06:25 AM

I'm getting both versions. 8D

Likely because you have money. Whereas I don't.

Offline Bloodedge

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #644 on: August 20, 2010, 08:09:48 AM
I'll probably get the wii version first, ds version later.

"To protect the world from Japanamation, To overthrough the Kaiba corporation,
To denounce the meaning of the original dub, to extend our reach to the world above,
Team Fourkids blast of at the speed of light, surrender now or prepare to fight,
Meowth that's right..."

Offline Jazz Shaking

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #645 on: August 20, 2010, 09:33:31 AM
http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2010/08/19/roll-out-with-the-pink-wisp-new-info-on-sonic-colors/#more-5796

This morning we’ve got more new info on the Sonic front! Those of you excited about Sonic Colors (which should be all of you, in my opinion), can check out the latest reveal: the Pink Wisp.

As the official release states:

Sonic is not the only one with spikes in Sonic Colors!

Check out the Color Power of the latest Wisp to be revealed; Pink Wisp and its Sonic-like spikes! When Sonic absorbs Pink Wisp, he can use “Pink Spike” Color Power, meaning he has much stronger spikes. Pink Spike makes the most of the spikes and is able to stick to any wall and ceilings! Exclusive to the Nintendo Wii version of the game, Pink Wisp helps Sonic explore new routes in a brand new way through certain levels of the game.

Personally, this wisp is actually one of my favorites – being able to roll anywhere you want is awesome. What do you guys think of the new possibilities the Pink Wisp brings to stages?

Another new Wisp from Sonic Colors will also be revealed very soon, so keep an eye here to the blogs for the news!

...so yeah. Spider Ball from Metroid for Sonic!

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #646 on: August 20, 2010, 10:03:03 AM
I posted all of that already. Someone doesn't know how to [tornado fang]ing read. |:

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #647 on: August 20, 2010, 10:05:49 AM
It's even at the top of the page. >_>

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #648 on: August 20, 2010, 10:06:25 AM
It's even at the top of the page. >_>

Indeed.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #649 on: August 20, 2010, 10:09:42 AM
He must have clicked Reply immediately without even scrolling.

I knew I'd read that all before on this same forum...

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything