Sonic Colors (Wii, DS)

Klavier Gavin · 133385

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #400 on: July 16, 2010, 07:49:28 AM
Superbat's gonna eat you alive.

I think Shadow is decent, but it could have been better.  Certainly no match for the Adventures, but it does have a few strong points.

As for the 4Kids VA's, I never minded Sonic or Shadow.  Actually liked Amy.  Tails and Knuckles are the ones I had a hard time getting used to.  And honestly, when I started getting used to Tails' 4Kids VA, it scared me.  I took it as a strong indicator that I needed to break out the SatAM DVDs.
Its not Awesome by ANY stretch of the imagination. Its a pretty fun game, (and Sega proved once again that no matter how bad a Sonic game is, the music will always be great,) but far from the best.

Whenever knuckles opened his mouth... All I hear is Dan Green. I'm sorry, But All I get is CARD GAMES when Knuckles talks.

Tails was fine to me.. It was Vector who got the shortest end of the stick, that's for certain. Out of all the new cast, Vector probably got the WORST voice of them all. Especially when he sounded so awesome in Heroes.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #401 on: July 16, 2010, 08:00:40 AM
To those concerned about the new Sonic V.A.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdIcui0nb8U#t=03m35s

He'll be just fine.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #402 on: July 16, 2010, 08:54:05 AM
Never doubted him. I searched a few clips on youtube and  can imagine him doing Sonic.

But seeing that vid, yeah, he'll be just fine.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #403 on: July 16, 2010, 01:51:59 PM
Superbat's gonna eat you alive.
I think Shadow is decent, but it could have been better.  Certainly no match for the Adventures, but it does have a few strong points.
Most Excellent Superbat, please.

And I think the game had a good concept, just an awful structure/execution. The structure itself would not allow a good execution in the first place. But I was one of the 0.0000000001 of people who cheered when they first saw Shadow with a gun.

New VA seems cool. As long as he sounds different. Griffith sounded too much alike.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #404 on: July 16, 2010, 10:27:32 PM
Most Excellent
*plays air guitar*

Party on, dude!

But I was one of the 0.0000000001 of people who cheered when they first saw Shadow with a gun.
Ironically my opinion of the game INCREASED when I played it.  I was ready to castrate Sega's entire personnel office when I saw Shadow with a gun.  It wasn't the complete disaster I thought it'd be, and I can see how it could have been even better.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #405 on: July 16, 2010, 10:30:08 PM
could have been better if the gun gimmick was not outright FORCED on you in certain segments. If your allies didnt SHOOT YOU, And there is absolutely NO excuse for having that abomination they called a spindash. I mean come on, even Sonic 06 had a better spindash than that.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #406 on: July 16, 2010, 10:38:38 PM
Well, I've been over the AI, or lack thereof, before.  There's no telling how intelligent the Black Arms are, and G.U.N.'s commander has it in for Shadow regardless.  I just see it as Shadow following his own path regardless of what others think.  He wouldn't be the first character to defend somebody stupid enough to shoot at him.

Whenever knuckles opened his mouth... All I hear is Dan Green. I'm sorry, But All I get is CARD GAMES when Knuckles talks.
Ironically I think his card games voice sounds better than his Knuckles voice.

But I'd say the best job he nailed was Mewtwo.  "You should fear my powers most of all.  You cannot conquer me."

(even more impressive when you consider the near-X7-level of pointless monologue/self-doubt imposed by the script)

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #407 on: July 16, 2010, 10:54:46 PM
If Roger Craig Smith is the one saying "COME AWN! SPIIIN!" in the Sonic Colors videos we've seen, then I'm okay with him. >>;

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #408 on: July 16, 2010, 11:25:42 PM
Well, I've been over the AI, or lack thereof, before.  There's no telling how intelligent the Black Arms are, and G.U.N.'s commander has it in for Shadow regardless.  I just see it as Shadow following his own path regardless of what others think.  He wouldn't be the first character to defend somebody stupid enough to shoot at him.

But I'd say the best job he nailed was Mewtwo.  "You should fear my powers most of all.  You cannot conquer me."

Except Black Doom is expecting you to go through places which in some cases are guarded by his men, when his men are out to kill you. you have to get from point A up to ledge B, but the spring is in a cage kept locked by the black arms own vital signs. They aint smart, but they sure as hell obey his orders. a simple "dont kill this guy" would work fine. Especially when Doom's Eye follows you around. Youd think he would be like, "Stop" instead of going "YOU TRAITOOOR!" when Shadow is just defending himself.

well, at the VERY LEAST, they dont attack you if you heal them.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #409 on: July 16, 2010, 11:58:55 PM
I had this dream and like I was playing a new sonic game, it was HD sonic in 2D with beautifully polished and fluid hand drawn graphics, with a perfect ratio of viewing space, and it was all 2D gameplay with lots of platforming, and cool speed segments dotted around, and it had full voice overs with anime scenes, and then I ran into Robotnik and he was actually called Robotnik so it was awesome.

Then I woke up and remembered what Sonic is in reality. I cried.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #410 on: July 17, 2010, 01:04:25 AM
I still dont understand why people [sonic slicer] over the Robotnik thing.

Its like complaining when people Call Megaman "Rockman".

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #411 on: July 17, 2010, 03:07:18 AM
Its like complaining when people Call Megaman "Rockman".
People would complain if Capcom made his canon name in western region games "Rockman", that's for sure.

And honestly, I'd really like a BIG change in Sonic's voice. Make it so it's unrecognizeable from before, a total overhaul. I want to hear the fans SCREEEEECH in their awful screams over how much it's changed.

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #412 on: July 17, 2010, 03:14:37 AM
So THAT'S why you keep talking about games needing to "evolve," you jus want to see the complaints and reactions of the fans ^^;

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #413 on: July 17, 2010, 03:32:47 AM
You just now figured that out?

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #414 on: July 17, 2010, 03:54:16 AM
hey, I'm stupid, what do you want? x.x;;

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #415 on: July 17, 2010, 04:20:03 AM

A female able to work the internet is not stupid.  Experience has taught me that you have overcome women's intellectual kryptonite.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #416 on: July 17, 2010, 06:14:52 AM
Did I see people praising Shadow?

My heart sinks

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #417 on: July 17, 2010, 01:52:36 PM
So THAT'S why you keep talking about games needing to "evolve," you jus want to see the complaints and reactions of the fans ^^;
I also like to see franchises themselves evolve along with them. In my opinion, for example, the Metal Gear Solid franchise is one of the biggest successes in gaming evolution, because each game has a completely different gameplay from the last, while still keeping with the same elements, and always improving upon the last.

...but yeah, I love to [tornado fang] with people and see them bickering over things. It's the rage fuel that drives my pleasure. I'm one sick man.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #418 on: July 17, 2010, 04:54:54 PM
^ Aren't the Final fantasy, Zelda, Mega Man and Mario games doing that already?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #419 on: July 17, 2010, 05:15:27 PM
^ Aren't the Final fantasy, Zelda, Mega Man and Mario games doing that already?
I dont call Going back to the past "gaming evolution".

every Megaman game has the exact same gameplay. There is very little change in the formula. Whenever Capcom tries something new, they drop it right after. Its a miracle we got 3 X games with 3D graphics one after the other. MHX? well theres no 2. And the one Megaman Series that was in 3D from the start, hasnt had a new game in 10 years.

Then theres Megaman 9 and 10. Retro rehashes. Can you really call that "Gaming evolution"?

Zelda and Mario, Yes. (I cant vouch for Final Fantasy)  Megaman? No. Capcom still needs to evolve Megaman.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #420 on: July 17, 2010, 05:36:56 PM
Whenever Capcom tries something new, they drop it right after.
I think to a lesser degree ZX/Advent can fit into that as well.

Here's the problem:  Games are not Pokemon species.  The "unevolved" formula still works.  Mario simultaneously walks both, in SEPARATE TITLES, so each can focus where they will.  MegaMan, when it tries something new, often tries to cram it into the same title as the existing formula, and the merger can go haywire.  X7 is most infamous, what with auto-lock and paper-thin projectiles.  X5 created some of the most ass-backwards ranking and item layouts I have ever seen; with X6 correcting most of it.  ZX took established gameplay, and actually improved it substantially, but also tried to lengthen it with fetch-quests.  And Advent, for some God-forsaken reason, tried to build those fetch-quests, not to mention has virtually every useful chip only available by date-farking your system after you already defeated the game.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #421 on: July 17, 2010, 08:24:52 PM
I think to a lesser degree ZX/Advent can fit into that as well.

Here's the problem:  Games are not Pokemon species.  The "unevolved" formula still works.  Mario simultaneously walks both, in SEPARATE TITLES, so each can focus where they will.  MegaMan, when it tries something new, often tries to cram it into the same title as the existing formula, and the merger can go haywire.  X7 is most infamous, what with auto-lock and paper-thin projectiles.  X5 created some of the most ass-backwards ranking and item layouts I have ever seen; with X6 correcting most of it.  ZX took established gameplay, and actually improved it substantially, but also tried to lengthen it with fetch-quests.  And Advent, for some God-forsaken reason, tried to build those fetch-quests, not to mention has virtually every useful chip only available by date-farking your system after you already defeated the game.
...and you still can't [tornado fang]ing shoot up.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #422 on: July 17, 2010, 09:35:38 PM
With Shadow's A.I. for allied groups, it would actually be terribly exploitable in how it works. For instance: say there's a LARGE swarm of Dark Arms aliens ahead. If you switch to dark allied mode, they wouldn't attack you, letting you skip them. Same with G.U.N. troops if you switched to hero around a large contingent of troops and mechs. It'd make some of the final levels in the story branches utter jokes since you don't even need to be aligned with a side to complete that specific mission.

On Sonic Colors itself, there was a magazine article someone posted on Sonic Retro that said for the most part, Sonic Colors can be played and likely beaten without even using the wisps, should you choose to. Chaos Emeralds, as always, will be present too.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #423 on: July 18, 2010, 07:30:35 PM
Model F actually CAN shoot up, Superbat.

It's just stupid that they make doing so a special ability.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #424 on: July 18, 2010, 07:38:20 PM
Chaos Emeralds, as always, will be present too.

And with that, a possible demon Sonic has to tackle. So he might go as the "Demon Beater" instead of the "Blue Blur".

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.