The Pre-E3 2010 Discussion Thread - HYPE SEASON! NEWS SEASON!

Jericho · 16795

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Rocs Cape makes a triumphant return!

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
I'd love to see the Cape or feather return.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
As would I, Acid. Those were awesome!

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
I'd love to see the Cape or feather return.
The feather would be tricky. It'd basically be an item that turns Zelda into a platformer. =P

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
And the hookshot didn't? As much as I love the hookshot, I think the feather and/or cape should make a return.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
I could perhaps picture the flying bit be more along the lines of Zeffa/that unnamed bird in LttP.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
I have mentioned it before, but I really want to see jumping and dashing in 3D Zelda. Pegaboots would probably work best as some sort of innate upgrade rather than an item, like if you keep holding A after doing a roll you'll start running fastly.

Then you could be a superhero!

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Sounds great, if any of it's actually TRUE.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
I could perhaps picture the flying bit be more along the lines of Zeffa/that unnamed bird in LttP.
No love for the Flying Rooster? :(

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
I never got that far in Link's Awakening

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
I have mentioned it before, but I really want to see jumping and dashing in 3D Zelda. Pegaboots would probably work best as some sort of innate upgrade rather than an item, like if you keep holding A after doing a roll you'll start running fastly.

Then you could be a superhero!
Running is fine, but jumping would kinda take alot of great Zelda puzzles away from what they are, since many are height-based. I think Link's fine as he is, but a flying mechanic, used sparingly for example, would be quite a good trick.

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Genderifically Confuzzled
  • Master's Unit
  • MAKE LOVE FOR MY KITTENS
    • View Profile
Is it E3 season already?

This year I'm hoping expecting predicting for Satoru Iwata to enter the stage on a massive flying couch made of solid gold, powered by the collective feeling of minor triumph the Ninty employees and fans feel every time another DS is sold. To thank us for supporting the company, he'll then throw free money and kittens into the audience. Reggie will then announce Nintendo's new charity project, They're Starving (But Wii're Working On Fixing That) ("Buy a Wii, solve world hunger!"), and Shigeru Miyamoto will Do The Mario for the entire audience.

In other news: on this same day, Steve Jobs announces the iGod (you can create whole universes with it and it stores up to 5,000 songs at once!), disease and poverty are eradicated from the world and Sonic 4 is released ("It's not that bad, guys!" Edge proclaims; IGN says it "needs work").

Still no word on that Legends 3 thing, though.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Thread's over.  Alice wins.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Looks like she got *shades* lucky. YEEAAAHHH!!!!

inb4 Archer not funny

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Is it E3 season already?

This year I'm hoping expecting predicting for Satoru Iwata to enter the stage on a massive flying couch made of solid gold, powered by the collective feeling of minor triumph the Ninty employees and fans feel every time another DS is sold. To thank us for supporting the company, he'll then throw free money and kittens into the audience. Reggie will then announce Nintendo's new charity project, They're Starving (But Wii're Working On Fixing That) ("Buy a Wii, solve world hunger!"), and Shigeru Miyamoto will Do The Mario for the entire audience.

In other news: on this same day, Steve Jobs announces the iGod (you can create whole universes with it and it stores up to 5,000 songs at once!), disease and poverty are eradicated from the world and Sonic 4 is released ("It's not that bad, guys!" Edge proclaims; IGN says it "needs work").

Still no word on that Legends 3 thing, though.
The iGod will be able to create pre-made universes according to the specifications made by Apple. Homebrew or any programs made by anyone except for Apple will not be allowed in it, and you're gonna be stuck with constant Christianity updates while the people who jailbreak them will be able to go Thor.

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Genderifically Confuzzled
  • Master's Unit
  • MAKE LOVE FOR MY KITTENS
    • View Profile
Those greedy Christians. When're Pagans like me going to get our share of the pie? D:

Sidenote: I am not at all ashamed to say I have never in my life purchased an Apple product. Neither Mac nor iPod nor iPhone nor iPad has ever carressed my palm.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Don't forget that the iGod won't be able to create flashes of any kind!

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Those greedy Christians. When're Pagans like me going to get our share of the pie? D:

Sidenote: I am not at all ashamed to say I have never in my life purchased an Apple product. Neither Mac nor iPod nor iPhone nor iPad has ever carressed my palm.
Macintosh was forced on me at work. For years, I had to work creatively next to my boss' offices, on an iMac G4. And to be brutally honest, I hated it. I'm just not a Mac person, I guess. Neither does the iPod's wheel appeal to me in the most. I like big, heavy buttons with massive imput. If it were up to me, I'd have a steampunk MP3 player, made of wood and with huge cranks to start and stop. I currently use my PSP as an MP3 player. Along with the homebrew programs, it's great.

...I'd still like an iPod Touch in order to play Canabalt, though. I'm hopelessly addicted to that game.

Don't forget that the iGod won't be able to create flashes of any kind!
Like I want more of me around. We're crowded as it is. And with the Zoom Corps War confirmed and coming in the horizon, it's only a matter of time until the Fastest Night occurs.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Running is fine, but jumping would kinda take alot of great Zelda puzzles away from what they are, since many are height-based.
Just increase the height difference? Or add some extra barrier.
It would also allow a whole slew of new puzzles involving jumping in some way or another, be it over pits or up cliffs.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Just increase the height difference? Or add some extra barrier.
It would also allow a whole slew of new puzzles involving jumping in some way or another, be it over pits or up cliffs.
Link does already jump over those. The 3D pretty much took out the need for the Roc's Feather.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Bigger pits!

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Bigger pits!
Zelda's not a platformer. Don't try and make it into one.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile

That's more of an action title than a platformer, to be honest.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
That battle was easy.

I need to finish that... finally got to the Great Palace. Well, not quite. I game over before I can actually reach the palace. :(