The Pre-E3 2010 Discussion Thread - HYPE SEASON! NEWS SEASON!

Jericho · 16791

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: June 07, 2010, 08:22:33 PM
E3 next week. Most improtant question right now:

Anyone got a list of all conferences?

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #101 on: June 07, 2010, 08:24:38 PM
Maybe Square should just focus on DS RPG games instead of the epic ultra-graphic/voicework/etc Final Fantasies we've come to know and be bored by?
That's why we have Dragon Quest IX! And the recently marked for US release Final Fantasy Gaiden!

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: June 07, 2010, 08:30:14 PM
E3 next week. Most improtant question right now:

Anyone got a list of all conferences?

I do. I'm actually planning on setting up the Official E3 Thread soon. Should I wait another week or set it up then lock it until the weekend?

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: June 07, 2010, 08:31:33 PM
This weekend please.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #104 on: June 07, 2010, 09:05:52 PM
Ok, cool. Also, sorry guys that I haven't been doing a better job at sweeping the net for E3 stuff and updating the first post. It's been a very trying time for me lately.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: June 07, 2010, 09:10:23 PM
Ok, cool. Also, sorry guys that I haven't been doing a better job at sweeping the net for E3 stuff and updating the first post. It's been a very trying time for me lately.
Need help with info-collecting?

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: June 07, 2010, 09:34:10 PM
Okay, WHO IS EXCITED ABOUT VANQUISH? Dammit, I wasn't expecting much, but that latest gameplay trailer looks so friggin' AWESOME.

I've been amped since the first unveiling months ago.

It's basically a game that brings back the spirit of the frenetic paced, arcade-style shooters from the 80s, right down to the plot. Plus, it's from the same man who bought me GOD HAND, my personal "GAME OF THE FOREVER" from 06, and the same studio who gave me Bayonetta.

If Sega does nothing else right for here til the end of time, supporting P* for that 4 game contract is almost enough to make up for a lot of their major "Bubba Flubbas" that they made in the last few years alone.

SPEAKING OF WHICH. If I don't hear Sega announcing that they're going to renew their contract with P* at E3, with Bayonetta 2 or some other type of follow-up planned with Kamiya at the helm, then well, I dunno what to say any more for Sega.  8D

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: June 07, 2010, 09:38:16 PM
Didn't Kamiya say he'd like to make a Starfox and Mega Man game?

You know, he'd do a [tornado fang]ing crazy job.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: June 07, 2010, 09:43:02 PM
Need help with info-collecting?

Yes please. I'll try and edit it all into the OP soonish.

It's basically a game that brings back the spirit of the frenetic paced, arcade-style shooters from the 80s, right down to the plot. Plus, it's from the same man who bought me GOD HAND, my personal "GAME OF THE FOREVER" from 06, and the same studio who gave me Bayonetta.

If Sega does nothing else right for here til the end of time, supporting P* for that 4 game contract is almost enough to make up for a lot of their major "Bubba Flubbas" that they made in the last few years alone.

SPEAKING OF WHICH. If I don't hear Sega announcing that they're going to renew their contract with P* at E3, with Bayonetta 2 or some other type of follow-up planned with Kamiya at the helm, then well, I dunno what to say any more for Sega.  8D

Sega acquiring Platinum Games was one of the most brilliant plays in gaming-dom. Sega losing acquisition of them would be tantamount to the SE "shooting themselves in the foot" deal on a grander scale. XD

And yes, Vanquish's concept sounds [tornado fang]ing awesome.

Didn't Kamiya say he'd like to make a Starfox and Mega Man game?

You know, he'd do a [tornado fang]ing crazy job.

He said Megaman as well? FFFFFUUUUU--

I think he's the only guy other than Inafune that I'd want to see handle a new 3D Megaman series.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: June 07, 2010, 10:00:49 PM
Kamiya is who I would think to be probably the one man who could make a next-gen Rockman title, and make it work fluidly. Whether it be 2D a la Viewtiful Joe or 3D a la DMC/Bayo, Kamiya has proven he knows his [parasitic bomb] when it comes to making fun and involving action games.

Too bad the likelihood of he and Capcom reconciling their differences is probably slim to none. When a rumor such as "Ninja Theory-made DMC5" is starting to become all the more realistic by the day, you know that some thing's up...  8D

Sega acquiring Platinum Games was one of the most brilliant plays in gaming-dom. Sega losing acquisition of them would be tantamount to the SE "shooting themselves in the foot" deal on a grander scale. XD

*iseewhatudidthar.gif* 8D

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #110 on: June 07, 2010, 10:09:43 PM

If only it was a first person PC game, it would be my dream FPS...

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: June 07, 2010, 10:11:49 PM

SPEAKING OF WHICH. If I don't hear Sega announcing that they're going to renew their contract with P* at E3, with Bayonetta 2 or some other type of follow-up planned with Kamiya at the helm, then well, I dunno what to say any more for Sega.  8D
Agreed. Sega would be dumb to let go of them now, specially since Bayonetta was such a big hit, and every single one of their games is pretty much a widely-regarded fantastic game with terrific ratings.

I really do hope that Vanquish brings back that kind of style, although I'd like it if he could put together the Gears of War/Uncharted cover mechanics, with the frenetic pace of those kinds of shooters, with bullets, missiles and enemies everywhere you look. That way, we'd pretty much have the perfect shooter combination. All the fantastic context-based cover-taking controls from current cover-based systems, without all the boredom of waiting for individual enemies to pop their heads out and shoot. Along with the great way they're showing everything, from scenarios to enemies to HUD.

Yes please. I'll try and edit it all into the OP soonish.
Alright then. Here's some to begin with:

- Big music games expected for E3: http://kotaku.com/5557170/e3-2010-preview-these-are-the-big-music-games-we-think
- Red Faction: Armageddon details: http://kotaku.com/5556160/red-faction-armageddon-brings-the-nano-forge-alien-cocoons
- Nintendo sets up a special website for livestreaming their conference: http://e3.nintendo.com/
- E3 developer/publisher list: http://www.e3expo.com/exhibitors/92/exhibitor-list/
- Hulu coming to Xbox Live at E3: http://www.gearlive.com/news/article/hulu-xbox-live-e3-q310/
- Cirque du Soleil expected at E3: http://kotaku.com/5540591/the-growing-spectacle-of-gamings-international-spotlight
- F.3.A.R. E3 trailer: http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/07/fear-3-e3-trailer-for-thee/
- Obsidian and Square-Enix announce Dungeon Siege 3, more details at E3: http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/07/obsidian-and-square-enix-announce-dungeon-siege-3-will-include/

I'll keep them coming.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: June 07, 2010, 10:32:08 PM
SPEAKING OF WHICH. If I don't hear Sega announcing that they're going to renew their contract with P* at E3, with Bayonetta 2 or some other type of follow-up planned with Kamiya at the helm, then well, I dunno what to say any more for Sega.  8D

Speaking of Sega, aren't there rumors of a VF5 Final Round console version announcement?

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: June 07, 2010, 11:01:24 PM
Speaking of Sega, aren't there rumors of a VF5 Final Round console version announcement?

It'd be a bit soon for that, I think. The final revision to VF5 isn't even out in arcades yet, and I doubt Sega would really give us Western fans what we want so badly that soon.

Seriously, though, Sega needs to get back on the stick with something, though. The newest iterations of Tekken have been eating Sega's once dominant arcade fighter out of house and home. And if a certain rumor comes to pass, it's going to be even worse~! GAME OVER, even! 8D

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #114 on: June 09, 2010, 02:53:21 PM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=249874
Longish list of confirmed appearances. Not exhaustive (Nintendo is obviously going to show more than 3 games).

Hmm... you know, if Valkyrie Profile really is getting a sequel, might the other part of that old rumor be true?

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: June 09, 2010, 07:16:42 PM
(Nintendo is obviously going to show more than 3 games).
Just hope they announce as many as they did last year. (or more, hopefully)

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: June 09, 2010, 07:25:00 PM
Well this is the first time Ninty's conference lasts two hours, and not only one.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: June 09, 2010, 08:55:42 PM
Well this is the first time Ninty's conference lasts two hours, and not only one.

This is going to be the grand unveiling of the 3DS. Such an event could likely take an entire hour unto itself, especially if they want to get the hardcores to become believers as soon as possible.

So, I'm thinking Ninty needed them two hours. At least one for 3DS showcase, and then whatever else they want to promote for the Wii and DS, going into the foreseeable Holiday ahead. Assuming they don't fill up the show with useless "We are Rich as [tornado fang] thanks to the DS and Wii adverts".  8D

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: June 09, 2010, 09:01:48 PM
"We are Rich as [tornado fang] thanks to the DS and Wii adverts".  8D

Nintendo '08 - bars, graphs and "we're richer than Croesus"

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: June 09, 2010, 09:19:05 PM
Assuming they don't fill up the show with useless "We are Rich as [tornado fang] thanks to the DS and Wii adverts".  8D
You know they're gonna go on for at least 20 minutes about market superiority. This is about appealing to the stockholders as well as the fans.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #120 on: June 10, 2010, 12:13:26 PM
Checked that page I linked at the top of Page 4... AND A NEW BONK GAME! WOOOOO~

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile