The "What are you currently playing?" Thread

Saber · 721087

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #4500 on: August 26, 2014, 09:37:57 PM
Yeah, use the search function or look in the "new add-ons" page instead of the Dark Souls 2 page. I haven't looked yet but people are reporting it's there.

I'll see if I can download later tonight. Pretty excited for more recycled bosses! :P

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #4501 on: August 27, 2014, 06:18:57 AM
Dark Souls 2, second DLC impressions. Finished the whole thing in about 4 hours.

Quality is about the same as the first DLC. The new area is bigger than Sunken City, and very pretty. The enemies are okay. I don't like the constant spamming of a certain enemy type, but at least the ambush situations are super predictable. There were tons of Black Phantoms, dunno if that's an NG+ thing or if they're always there. As for the bosses... well, I liked one of them a LOT. At the very least they all fight solo, which is a plus after the ridiculous gank squad of the first DLC.

Can't say I like the damage I'm doing with my weapons. I can't tell if it's a nerf or if NG++ is that brutal there.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4502 on: August 27, 2014, 11:29:01 AM
Mario Kart 8. That update really breathed some life into it.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #4503 on: August 28, 2014, 08:31:09 AM
Xillia 2.

I've beat the game. Three times now, Bad ending, Bittersweet ending, and true ending.

This game is DEPRESSING. Holy [parasitic bomb].

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4504 on: August 28, 2014, 06:04:23 PM
Getting back into doing Trails in the Sky FC on the Steam copy. The prologue is always a drag since it's pretty much the only time you're stuck with just 2 people in the party. Every battle can be a total pain in the ass. Now that I have some prior experience with the magic customization though, I managed to unlock some of the highest tier attacks before the first real boss. I feel rather accomplished. This ought to be a great run. Shame I already managed to miss some quest reward points.

On the side I've been putting Drakengard 3 on and off. I do quite like the game and all, but even after moving the PS3 into my room I still lack motivation to boot it up. Also one of the main characters has a horrendously obnoxious voice which I have no doubt is wholly intended.

Also been trying to get into Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. I've played a few similar games before, but the rather realistic damage output on every single gun and how quick you go down still takes adjusting for me after some thousand hours of TF2 and the like.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #4505 on: August 28, 2014, 06:37:19 PM
Chapter 6 of Master Ninja difficulty in Ninja Gaiden 2.

Like Mentor difficulty before it, the first three chapters are much harder than 4-6 where you can already be OP. I have enough essence to get out of most horrible situations, and I've been abusing geography a lot (you can backtrack a TON in these levels and take the fight someplace safer, or even despawn enemies altogether).

I hope the rest of the game isn't too brutal, but I'm having a great time. It's funny, this game's Master Ninja is definitely harder than Sigma 2's, but it's also more fair. There are more enemies and they're relentless, but at least I don't have to enter a battle worrying about a OHKO grab/projectile from off screen. The damage enemies are doing right now are a natural increase over Mentor, I feel. Sure, IS ninjas are cheap, but I can be even cheaper with my own tools.

Let's do it!

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #4506 on: August 30, 2014, 06:11:36 AM
And... finished. :)

That was really tough and satisfying. Compared to similar games, it was one of the most difficult hard modes of the bunch. Definitely not harder than Vanquish on God Hard, though. That thing was evil.

I love how you unlock a new gamertag to show off the accomplishment, haha. More games should do that, it's pretty cool (and in my case, now I don't have to use whatever boring default pic I was using...).

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #4507 on: August 30, 2014, 06:59:44 AM
Played the crap out of Fire Emblem Awakening and beat all Future Past chapters.  That just leaves Apotheosis (once I'm tired of Gunvolt, that is).

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #4508 on: August 31, 2014, 04:43:59 PM
So I was messing in the Wii shop and downloaded Strider and Revenge of Shinobi. Always meant to play these games. I figured, since Sega has no plans of supporting the Wii U VC, I should try them before they get removed (I know RoS is on PSN but I had a spare 800 points to spend).

Strider is... okay. I like the fast attack and how varied the stages are. But this game has some massive hit detection issues. Sometimes the enemy is literally inside the blade animation, but doesn't take damage. This is especially bad vs. the mini floating turrets and the gorilla. The platforming is also hit or miss... I like the mobility, but the character doesn't always grab walls/platforms that he should've. Also, the music is pretty dull, I thought.

I finished on Normal in close to 3 hours. Lots of resets due to limited continues, but the stages are relatively simple to learn (except the last one). I have no idea how I beat the final boss. That was my second to last life and I was pissed at the Sovietipede platforming before.

I dunno, I hope Revenge of Shinobi is good at least, right now I kinda feel that I should have bought Paper Mario and a NES game. Will try it after lunch!

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4509 on: September 03, 2014, 12:30:27 AM
I'm playing Mega Man ZX because if Amazon's forcing me to buy something, I'm getting use out of it.
I decided to go Aile this time though and I'm kicking my thirteen year old self for not comprehending that she's the better protagonist.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4510 on: September 04, 2014, 01:47:16 AM
AA5

Just passed the part where you find out Robin Newman's secret. My favorite character, so far. XD

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #4511 on: September 05, 2014, 08:30:31 PM
Very disappointed that Banjo-Tooie 360 prevents you from saving if you use cheats... my favorite way of playing the game is with Superbanjo (2x speed). Oh well. This version was still worth getting for higher res, widescreen, and more importantly, reduced lag.

I'm sort of close to the end, "only" Hailfire Peaks and Cloud Cuckooland to do. Not looking forward to Canary Mary...

Also played the first Banjo-Kazooie on the 360. Just as amazing as the original.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #4512 on: September 12, 2014, 01:52:34 AM
Finished Ace Attorney not too long ago. Wow, I was surprised that a visual novel was able to get its hooks on me; I was playing through some parts of Episode 4 all the through 11 PM 'til 2 AM wanting to see the story through the end, though I realized I needed sleep and it was hampering my ability to think clearly so I picked where I left off that afternoon. Nevertheless, I was satisfied with the story and wanted more. I'll definitely pick up the trilogy when I get a 3DS so I can enjoy the first two sequels. I'm also replaying Muramasa: The Demon Blade on the Wii again on Hard mode.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4513 on: September 12, 2014, 02:05:33 AM
Yeah, the first time you experience AA is quite a wonderful feeling. When the Objection theme first played when I started the series, I knew I was in for a treat.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #4514 on: September 12, 2014, 12:19:40 PM
Moving on to Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories. It's amazing I realized first hand that you're suppose to lose to Etna.

Only one thing bothers me; why do need an approval just to unlock a new class? I would of preferred the old method, but I really don't like it when a legendary senator screws you over, even though you've bribed him/her enough.

Fear me.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4515 on: September 14, 2014, 07:06:18 PM
Playing Destiny, it's a decent game so far although I'd imagine it's much better with friends. I do like the Borderlands like exploring aspect.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #4516 on: September 16, 2014, 05:33:13 AM
JESUS [tornado fang]ing CHRIST FOXY IS ACTIVE ON THE FIRST [tornado fang]ing NIGHT HOLY [tornado fang]

Yep.  Playing FNaF.  First time Foxy ever got me on the first night.  Usually it's Bonnie!  Thanks for sending my paranoia through the [tornado fang]ing roof, Foxy! D:

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4517 on: September 18, 2014, 02:49:18 AM
I decided to give Wolfenstein: The New Order a try. Solid game. A bit boring though. I like that old-school difficulty curve though. Plus stealth.

Also, I downloaded a game called The Saboteur. It's literally Assassin's Creed with a drunken Irish protagonist fighting for the French resistance during WWII. Every word in that sentence is true. It's amazing. Underrated as [parasitic bomb].

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #4518 on: September 18, 2014, 04:04:47 AM
So yeah, Danganronpa 2. Chapter 3.

Can the fun characters stop dying please?

[spoiler]Like chapter 3 in the first game, two people are killed by one person to drop the cast count quicker. And the killer goes batshit insane by the end of the trial, also like the last game.[/spoiler]

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4519 on: September 18, 2014, 04:39:14 AM
Also, I downloaded a game called The Saboteur. It's literally Assassin's Creed with a drunken Irish protagonist fighting for the French resistance during WWII. Every word in that sentence is true. It's amazing. Underrated as [parasitic bomb].
This actually strikes my fancy a lot but it's a shame it's console only. I've seen several used copies for PS3 at the local stores if I care enough to try it anyway. Also apparently a code included for buying it new made the strippers in the game fully topless. [tornado fang]ing EA.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4520 on: September 18, 2014, 09:11:28 AM
This actually strikes my fancy a lot but it's a shame it's console only. I've seen several used copies for PS3 at the local stores if I care enough to try it anyway. Also apparently a code included for buying it new made the strippers in the game fully topless. [tornado fang]ing EA.

Uh, it's on PC, and the nudity can be toggled on that version.
Just torrent it if you don't wanna deal with Origin. That's what I did. :T

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #4521 on: September 24, 2014, 03:36:22 AM
I bought and played the iOS port of FNaF.  The touch screen interface makes switching through the cameras much easier and faster.  The hours also fly by a bit quicker.

The animatronics are also sneakier on the very first night.  Bonnie jammed my door so that Foxy could get me.

Offline Arikado

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #4522 on: September 28, 2014, 02:02:10 AM
Azure Striker Gunvolt
Shovel Knight
Danmaku Unlimited 2
Crimzon Clover: World Ignition

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #4523 on: October 02, 2014, 01:23:33 AM
Picked up a translated version of the PS1 Tales of Phantasia remake.
I guess I've been out of the JRPG wagon for a while because I forgot how grindy some of these older games can be, but for what it is i'm having a relatively good time so far besides that damn semi-auto control setup.   >_<

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #4524 on: October 02, 2014, 01:32:40 AM
Picked up a translated version of the PS1 Tales of Phantasia remake.
I guess I've been out of the JRPG wagon for a while because I forgot how grindy some of these older games can be, but for what it is i'm having a relatively good time so far besides that damn semi-auto control setup.   >_<
Semi-Auto is the devil. Manual all the way... too bad you need an item in the earlier games to use it.