Saber · 728811

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #3325 on: January 03, 2013, 09:32:49 AM
Just faffing about in Saint's Row the 3rd.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3326 on: January 03, 2013, 10:05:22 AM
SRt3 is ridiculously fun to mess around in. Even moreso in Co op

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #3327 on: January 03, 2013, 10:07:07 AM
SRt3 is ridiculously fun to mess around in. Even moreso in Co op

Too bad story wise its so [tornado fang]ing short, kinda just ending as it gets good.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3328 on: January 03, 2013, 12:18:31 PM
I love both ZX games. ZX just pisses me off with the map and mission activation crap. When you can actually find the stages, it's really good... X(

Finished Mega Man a (pretty cool!) and then Survival Road (sooo intense... but fun). Not touching Boss Battles, but it's a cool trophy for Survival Road.

According to the 3DS, I spent 38 hours playing ZXA in the last few days... time to move on to something else.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3329 on: January 03, 2013, 07:46:01 PM
I finished FFCC: The Crystal Bearers. The game was pretty lackluster until about five hours in where I found myself really getting into it. But damn. For a Final Fantasy game it's short as hell. I've clocked in just around ten hours. (Yeah I don't play my Wii much nowadays). I also didn't do many sidequests so I guess that's like another five hours gametime but still pretty short.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3330 on: January 03, 2013, 07:58:00 PM
I'm only just now starting Apollo Justice.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #3331 on: January 03, 2013, 08:14:26 PM
Too bad story wise its so [tornado fang]ing short, kinda just ending as it gets good.
Yeah, that does really suck. It broke away from the previous 2 games in that they were 3 parallel storylines that were happening at once, while 'the Third' was just one single story with a couple branches. Plus, the 3 enemy gangs didn't even have different symbols! Well... There's always SR4.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3332 on: January 04, 2013, 03:08:46 PM
Can't remember if I said this here, but the ZX fever made me track down a sealed copy of Mega Man Zero Collection for the DS. I own the GBA carts, but games look so much better on the 3DS than on the GBA/DS, and it's nice to have all of them in one pack.

It's really just an excuse to play the Zero games from scratch again. I'll try to unlock everything like I did with ZX, except maybe the insane requirements like 100P average.

Should be here tomorrow. Can't wait!

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3333 on: January 04, 2013, 03:12:52 PM
THIS [tornado fang]ing METANG TOOK [tornado fang]ing 50 POKEBALLS EVEN AT [tornado fang]ing 1HP AND [tornado fang]ing PARALYZED

AKA, catching hidden grotto Pokemon in my White 2.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3334 on: January 04, 2013, 09:36:19 PM
[tornado fang] YES

A friend gifted me Bastion! Totally [tornado fang]ing playing that.

Can't remember if I said this here, but the ZX fever made me track down a sealed copy of Mega Man Zero Collection for the DS. I own the GBA carts, but games look so much better on the 3DS than on the GBA/DS, and it's nice to have all of them in one pack.

It's really just an excuse to play the Zero games from scratch again. I'll try to unlock everything like I did with ZX, except maybe the insane requirements like 100P average.

Should be here tomorrow. Can't wait!

I picked up ZERO Collection about a year back myself, and yes. They do look a little crisper on the DS, and the sound's a little clearer, but I can't say it's above playing it on a GBA SP or anything. But the little unlockables are fun, plus they have the mod cards for ZERO 3.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3335 on: January 04, 2013, 11:28:33 PM
Oh, I just mean the actual display of the handheld. The 3DS screen looks so much brighter and more colorful. :)

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #3336 on: January 05, 2013, 01:23:36 AM
Fossil Fighters. I remember seeing the commercials and going "WTF is this garbage!?" Now, several years later, I play it and go "Hey, this is pretty good."

My thread of Random Crap

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #3337 on: January 05, 2013, 01:50:57 AM
Playing Crash of the Titans, starting my very first (and only) playthrough on Hard difficulty.
Um yea, later stages are gruesome 1up-wasters, but the game is still fun. ^^;

Later I'll finish up as much of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed and Ghostbusters: The Video Game as I can.

By that time I'll probably be able to even out my gamerscore to exactly 111,111. XD
If not, then I'll do randoms, and also throw in The Walking Dead somewhere. >0<

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #3338 on: January 05, 2013, 01:59:28 AM
Beat NSMB U.

100% save for the challenges. 5 shiny stars (no sparkles this time, they just shine.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #3339 on: January 05, 2013, 02:06:23 AM
Literally wasting time in Chrono Trigger doing the Lost Sanctum Quest.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3340 on: January 05, 2013, 07:56:42 AM

If not, then I'll do randoms, and also throw in The Walking Dead somewhere. >0<

One does not simply "throw in The Walking Dead". That game had me in tears.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3341 on: January 05, 2013, 07:14:04 PM
I just found a used copy of Mega Man Legends 2 for about $120. This is so unfair, haha... X(

Posted on: January 05, 2013, 10:29:48 AM
Speaking of a happy day, I just got both Mega Man Zero Collection AND my cable extension for the GC controller, both working just fine. :D

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3342 on: January 05, 2013, 08:18:42 PM
One-hundred-what?!  O_O  My game is worth that much?!  [tornado fang]!  I should sell!!  I never play the darn thing!

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3343 on: January 05, 2013, 08:30:05 PM
the store I'm doing work placement at had two copies of MML2 go through within one month. They were sold at $59.99. Well one was at least. The second was traded for a fully boxed copy of Lunar. Still, that sounds like inflated prices because of demand or something. It takes just one overpriced auction to offset all the others.

Like, I imagine my copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy could go anywhere from $100 - $200 depending how much some dumb people are willing to bid.
EDIT: Okay yeah uh,

some people are just so full of [parasitic bomb]. don't ever do "Buy It Now"

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3344 on: January 05, 2013, 09:10:45 PM
Yeah. There's no way I'd buy the game (used, even worse) at that price. I just think it's sad because it doesn't look like I have a lot of alternatives to finally play Legends 2. :\

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #3345 on: January 05, 2013, 09:58:11 PM
Yeah. There's no way I'd buy the game (used, even worse) at that price. I just think it's sad because it doesn't look like I have a lot of alternatives to finally play Legends 2. :\
Emulation.
Seriously, PSX emulation is so easy to do, it just hurts.
Buy a gamepad, or if you have one, plug it in, set up the controls. VIOLA! YER PLAYING LEGENDS 2.

Seriously, I emulated PSX games with ease on my old PC.,. and it was a crappy pc. VERY.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #3346 on: January 06, 2013, 12:27:49 AM
the store I'm doing work placement at had two copies of MML2 go through within one month. They were sold at $59.99. Well one was at least. The second was traded for a fully boxed copy of Lunar. Still, that sounds like inflated prices because of demand or something. It takes just one overpriced auction to offset all the others.

Like, I imagine my copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy could go anywhere from $100 - $200 depending how much some dumb people are willing to bid.
EDIT: Okay yeah uh,

some people are just so full of [parasitic bomb]. don't ever do "Buy It Now"

Makes me glad I got Metroid Prime: Trillogy cheap at GameStop... *sigh* [tornado fang]ing Friend Vouchers...

So far I'm really enjoying La-Mulana (2012) on WiiWare, I might consider getting it on PC when or if it gets greenlit for Steam. I hoping to get it from Playism and get the Steam key for it since NIGORO are considering giving Steam key to anyone that buys it on Playism, although they're not making any concrete promises on that. If that doesn't happen, I may as well get it from Good Old Games since it's DRM-free.

I'm messing around with an HD mod for BloodRayne 2 on PC, and it looks pretty good on 720p/1080p. It's also nice that the modder fixed this issue with the game running above certain resolutions by default it can't run in, despite my brother's PC being fully capable of running some games in 1920×1080 no problem.

And I'm also knee-deep into the visual novel of BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND (so far I've 100%'d Ragna's and Noel's story), though I gotta get back to Phoenix Wright sometime, I'm having more fun with the latter than I thought I would. 8)

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3347 on: January 06, 2013, 03:41:31 AM

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #3348 on: January 06, 2013, 05:56:45 AM
jiggle jiggle
bite bite
jiggle jiggle

HEAD SPLIT IN [tornado fang]ing TWO!

Also, playing Legasista... like right now. Can't wait till they [tornado fang]ing give me the character editor/creator.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3349 on: January 06, 2013, 02:32:26 PM
Tron, yeah, emulation is a way... it's just not the same though, at least IMO.

I'm playing the Zero Collection. I still think Z1 is the weakest of the Zero series, though a pretty sweet game. Probably guilty for being the first game and not super refined. The music is kinda lame for the most part, too (Z2-Z4 definitely kick ass in that department).

The weapon leveling up can be good and bad... it's good because if you have patience, you can max out your main weapons before even the first "real" mission, and it's bad because well, you have to grind. I prefer collecting power-ups for those skills, glad Z3 got rid of the level up.

And it's a lot worse farming E-Crystals... those Cyber-Elves sure like to eat. I'm aiming to get Jackson, which will make this run more challenging, although to be honest, after ZXA on Expert, Z1 feels much easier than before.

The best part about the MMZC is using Y and B instead of B and A by customizing the controls. Muuuch better.