What If: Megaman 9 & 10 Complete Works

OBJECTION MAN · 3474

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
on: May 10, 2010, 12:37:19 AM
Consider this; in light of say RM10 Image Soundtrack album being released, would you have liked the game to actually feature that music instead of the NES songs? Obviously not all of them are fit for in game inclusion, but say for the sake of argument they were all in game style. The NES graphics are fine by me, but as far as music goes when the release such remix albums I always think "I would have loved to have played to this version of the song more." Much like Complete Works and Megaman Anniversary Collection had the remixes for the classic titles.

What are your thoughts?

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 12:39:16 AM
I'd be perfectly fine with that. Especially after hearing how awesome the remastered MM10 tracks are.

Best solution would probably be the option to change between NES styled and Remastered Music though.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 11:07:48 AM
No, the originals were (with a few notable exceptions) more fitting or outright better.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 11:25:45 AM
to be honest, Im not too fond of the Remastered 10 tracks.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 01:18:47 PM
Say for the sake of argument that you did like them? The question isn't do you want RM10 Image OST in MM10 the game, its, would you rather hear current technology music in an NES game instead of NES music.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 02:02:12 PM
Oh well, I suppose an option for it, (A la Rockman Complete works) would be interesting.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 03:26:31 PM
The option to switch, I'd say, would be ideal.  There is a certain charm to the chip-tuned music, no doubt, and there are plenty of instances where remastered tracks do not live up to the originals.  That's simply part of life.  But there are many others where they rock all socks.  There are LOTS of remastered tracks that I imagine hearing in games, such as We Are The Robots in 9.

Ideally, they could do a Brawl-style "My Music" menu that lets you pick and choose the best as you see fit.  Because there are certain points where remixed tracks are painful to listen to (RM3CW boss theme...*shudder*).

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 12:53:40 AM
That was the Game Over theme from one of the arcade games, wasn't it?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 05:59:07 AM
Yes, it was.  Quite a bit of the CW soundtracks were shared with the arcade games, especially 1-3.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Ike-Mike

• Protoman: "Nein!"
  • Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 03:13:50 PM
The one thing though is that the MM8 graphic style was seen as the graphic style of the Classic series when Complete Works was made which explains the MM8 style HUD in the CW games, MM&B's graphics and all while nowadays Capcom sees the 8-bit style as the default style for it.

While I'd like to see it happen, methinks there is a bigger possibility for an official MM7 and MM8FC than MM9 and MM10CW these days.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 07:37:38 PM
I still see 8 as THE graphical style for Classic. well, 8 and MMnB.

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: June 22, 2010, 08:28:55 PM
A Complete Works version of RM 9 and 10 is likely to happen in the future. Give it 2 or more years. Capcom will do it, as we pay loyal our bucks to them in the name of everlasting peace.  8)
Still it is sad, that there is no new BoF or RmX game available.  :(

Offline Manic

• Cossack's Creation
  • Cyberelf
  • Huh?
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: June 23, 2010, 02:59:15 AM
I can see a Complete Works versions as DLC. It could work that way, and would probably be a better idea instead of reselling the game.