Why we can't have a Sonic game with nothing but speed...

Protodude · 13613

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: December 03, 2008, 03:10:46 PM
fixd~

most everything Square has done i'd consider enhanced ports. the DS games are true remakes.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #76 on: December 03, 2008, 08:23:51 PM
Well, Satoryu basically speaks for me on SA2.  The game is replayable like all hell and that's what makes it so much fun.  Chao......not so much.  I basically sharked infinite rings in Advance and tanked mine up on fruit.

Green Hill's unlock requirements I would have no problem with if not for those blasted "All A" emblems.  But I did get Sonic's and Shadow's at least.

And yeah, shooting and searching was done a lot better in SA2 than in any later title, even if as a character I prefer Gamma.  I just wish Tails had on-foot stages instead of being a freaking mech pilot, but for Eggman it works great (love that concealed boxing glove, I crack up all the time at that one).

Plus, playing as Tails was much more fun in SA1
Much as I love SA2, can't argue with that one.

I also wish Knuckles didn't get relegated to treasure hunting, because it'd be nice to play an action stage where you could simply go for a goal ring, etc.
SA2 pulled that off even if it was for only one stage.  The only issue I'd see is that a gliding/climbing character in such a context can invalidate certain stage designs, SA1's Red Mountain being the perfect example.

Not that there aren't plenty of stages Knuckles can work with, there are.  It's just something to be weary or with the layout.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #77 on: December 03, 2008, 10:12:23 PM
And yeah, shooting and searching was done a lot better in SA2 than in any later title, even if as a character I prefer Gamma.  I just wish Tails had on-foot stages instead of being a freaking mech pilot, but for Eggman it works great (love that concealed boxing glove, I crack up all the time at that one).

Yeah, the mechanicc played out better in SA2, but I would still rather play as Gamma in that regard.  I actually liked the fact that you had to rack up combos in order to give you more time in the stages; that's a pretty unique effect.

Personally, I think it hurts Tails' image when he's always in that mech.  It's like he's hiding behind it or something.  Gone are the days where Tails bravely took shots for Sonic (0:08-0:33).

SA2 pulled that off even if it was for only one stage. 

I forgot about Cannon's Core.  Even then, Knuckles' power, ability to swim, and glide could give him the ability to go places Sonic can't (i.e. S3&K).

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #78 on: December 03, 2008, 10:31:38 PM
SA2 pulled that off even if it was for only one stage.  The only issue I'd see is that a gliding/climbing character in such a context can invalidate certain stage designs, SA1's Red Mountain being the perfect example.

Not that there aren't plenty of stages Knuckles can work with, there are.  It's just something to be weary or with the layout.

Well, if they would take cues from S&K, then they can return Knuckles to a better player role.  You got the basic level design, but to access certain places and such, you need to use Knuckles. 

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #79 on: December 03, 2008, 10:39:01 PM
Well, if they would take cues from S&K, then they can return Knuckles to a better player role.  You got the basic level design, but to access certain places and such, you need to use Knuckles. 

And if Amy's Playable, Amy. she's like sonic, only she doesn't have a spin jump until SA3. Amy's hammer would probably go where both can't after all. :/

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: December 03, 2008, 10:45:50 PM
And if Amy's Playable, Amy. she's like sonic, only she doesn't have a spin jump until SA3. Amy's hammer would probably go where both can't after all. :/

Actually, I don't think she even had Spin Jump regularly in SAdv3 unless you chose a specific team combo. IIRC, Sonic didn't even have his Spin Jump if you teamed him and Amy up together. Anywho, I agree that selectable characters rather than forced play is the way to go. A big plus would be not having to play as everyone to reach the inevitable Super Sonic finale, too. Gimme my Sonic 3 style different character endings!  O^O

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #81 on: December 03, 2008, 11:17:14 PM
Hell, just give us classic Sonic game mechanics in the updated package, since we are forced to deal with the 3D graphics.