The Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Topic (ITS MAHVEL 3 BAYBEE)

Solar · 388589

Offline Ninja Lou

• Samurai/Ninja of RPM
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Ninjas........Damn
    • View Profile
Reply #650 on: August 23, 2010, 11:42:48 PM
It sucks that certain series are not in the game but no Rival Schools or Powerstone??? These are actual fighting games, hell Batsu was in TvsC so I am shocked and kinda annoyed that Rival Schools isn't gonna be in the game. Still going to buy  this thing day one though,

This post has been approved by Marle!

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #651 on: August 24, 2010, 02:10:47 AM
It seems like Dormammu has Dethroned Magneto as main Marvel Villian

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #652 on: August 24, 2010, 02:32:59 AM
It seems like Dormammu has Dethroned Magneto as main Marvel Villian
Anihilus woulda wiped his ass with both of them.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #653 on: August 24, 2010, 05:25:51 AM
It sucks that certain series are not in the game but no Rival Schools or Powerstone??? These are actual fighting games, hell Batsu was in TvsC so I am shocked and kinda annoyed that Rival Schools isn't gonna be in the game. Still going to buy  this thing day one though,

You do know that if Rouge was in the game, and her CUM ON YOUR CEREAL super was broken........you'd probably half to beat me senseless. Or someone at Capcom! XD

Offline Wanda Bear

• The Wanderess of RPM
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Currently Nowhere.
    • View Profile
Reply #654 on: August 24, 2010, 05:27:30 AM
You do know that if Rouge was in the game, and her CUM ON YOUR CEREAL super was broken........you'd probably half to beat me senseless. Or someone at Capcom! XD
I thought about that......then I I was like "That IS what she says!!!!!" I busted a gut to that one! xDDDDD

Home sweet home

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #655 on: August 24, 2010, 09:03:41 PM
I thought about that......then I I was like "That IS what she says!!!!!" I busted a gut to that one! xDDDDD

You know how I love to make you laugh!  8)

You know, I still want Iceman & Firestar in this game, or at least downloadable later, so I can make my Spider-Friends team.  Or at least Nova & Firestar so I can get a New Warriors team going.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #656 on: August 27, 2010, 12:49:36 PM
Was this posted already?
[youtube]tx2lEGYQbbw[/youtube]
Amaterasu is top tier.

Offline geekgo4

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #657 on: August 28, 2010, 12:05:48 AM
They again, crossovers with Marvel Comics, Tatsunoko Productions, and Namco Bandai tends to be a bit more hectic, wild, and whacked-out. These crossovers tend top go all out with many genres, and not try to be just a simple, typical fighting game. The Marvel fighters alreadly feature high jumping and insane, DBZ-like Supers and Hypers. Their in a league of their own and that why Capsule Computers believes that typical fighters just won't do for this.

...or, either Capsule Computers just don't care about their lesser franchises, or they believe the mainstream(yeah, their fighters are becoming more casual) would not understand or just go "WTF?" at obscure characters from series they probably never heard of. I mean, how many mainstream Capsule Computers fan you know have ever heard of words, "GOD HAND?"

Theonly time Capsule Computers would ever showcase characters from fighters and brawalers(Final Fight, Captain Commando, etc.) is when they crossover with Shin Nihon Kikaku Playmore, Who knows more about fighters than their...uh, "rival." And unlike Capsule Computers, Shin Nihon Kikaku does not neglect their lesser series. Unfortunately, Shin Nihon Kikaku don't go manistream. Well, not that greatly.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #658 on: August 28, 2010, 12:23:57 AM
Every Megaman X Fan's dream

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #659 on: August 28, 2010, 12:29:30 AM
NO ROCK FOR YOU, YOU'LL ZERO GET AGAIN AND LIKE IT IN AN UNSATISFACTORY FASHION!

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #660 on: August 28, 2010, 12:57:36 AM
But I liked beating noobs with Zero and Volnutt

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #661 on: August 28, 2010, 01:32:40 AM
I So want X in there. Bout time he got some fighting game recognition...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #662 on: August 28, 2010, 05:15:23 AM
Someone on PC made that (along with Rock, Roll, Blues, and Aqua from Birth by Sleep)... pretty cool.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #663 on: August 29, 2010, 05:18:20 PM
I also wonder if Captian Comando is going to be in there was well, they got America in there, hope he does as well.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline Shinichameleon / Nayim

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #664 on: August 29, 2010, 05:44:06 PM
Bad news guys:

Captain Commando deconfirmed ;O;
Why Captain Commando was deconfirmed? Because of this:
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/aug/28/silhouette-image-shows-c-viper-marvel-vs-capcom-3/#comments

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #665 on: August 29, 2010, 06:02:55 PM
Ummm, rly? Or you trying to be funny? XD, Well, Frank West, ummm, hope he doesn't have the same hypers as TvC3 cuze if he does, well, more of a slim chance Classic MM or MMX showing up. :/

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #666 on: August 29, 2010, 07:59:46 PM
Bad news guys:

Captain Commando deconfirmed ;O;
Why Captain Commando was deconfirmed? Because of this:
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/aug/28/silhouette-image-shows-c-viper-marvel-vs-capcom-3/#comments

Yep. I admit that my hype went down further from things like this. Not only are we standing to get ANOTHER Street Fighter, who's been in ANOTHER RECENT GAME, we're getting some one who stands to usurp the good Captain himself, who stands as a direct representation of Capcom's history (and was a bad-ass character).

Hype deflated some more. Gundam Extreme Vs. is the only "Capcom Vs." game that's worth my hype now, apparently...  -u-'

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #667 on: August 29, 2010, 09:50:47 PM
Like it or not Ben it makes a lot of sense. SF4 representative for that extra advertising with the moveset that requires the least changes to make it work in a VS game? Seems like a no brainer to me. The real tragedy though, as you said, is the  whole Viper pretty much being a female CapCom makes it less likely for him to appear >_>

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #668 on: August 29, 2010, 09:53:00 PM
That's....that's....rather..gay, dang, tha hell Capcom, its like you wanna [acid burst] off fans.

Signature:

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #669 on: August 29, 2010, 11:17:36 PM
Like it or not Ben it makes a lot of sense. SF4 representative for that extra advertising with the moveset that requires the least changes to make it work in a VS game? Seems like a no brainer to me. The real tragedy though, as you said, is the  whole Viper pretty much being a female CapCom makes it less likely for him to appear >_>

The thing still is though, that for all that the "new" characters in MvC3 have to be made from the ground up, among that number they went with...another character that's already in another fighting game. And a RECENT game, at that. 8D

It'd be one thing if we were still back in the CPS2/Naomi era, and we're still talking about sprite re-usage from a previous game that can be used to help fill up a game's roster in a fairly inexpensive way that allows for the development team to focus on all new characters. But what we're talking about right here, basically boils down to how Niitsuma and his crew went out of their way to craft a new Viper model specifically for this game.

There's something seriously wrong with that picture, as far as I'm concerned. Even if Niitsuma's "mission statement" for how this wasn't going to be another retro-revival like past MAHVEL games was true, there's plenty of fodder from the PSX/PS2/GBA eras that's begging for exposure. And yet...they already went and de-confirmed the likes of Gene (God Hand), and we're looking at ANOTHER Street Fighter character instead (with Alex likely showing up again, nonetheless).  -u-'

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #670 on: August 30, 2010, 12:41:39 AM
As long as the number of SF characters is not excessive I won't mind. Sure, I would've prefered it to remain as just Ryu and Chun like in TvC, but what can we do, we know this is as much of an advertisement for their current games/series as it is fanservice.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #671 on: August 30, 2010, 01:50:22 AM
How DARE you forget Alex. I oughta smack you.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #672 on: August 30, 2010, 01:56:20 AM
D'oh, allow me to do it myself. *hits head against wall*

...wait no, I meant that since Alex is not in MvC3 yet x___X

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #673 on: August 30, 2010, 02:25:43 AM
Doesn't make sense. Quit shooting yourself in the foot.

If this Viper thing is true, I don't really have a problem with it. But if they really want to advertise the SFIV line, I think Juri would've been a better choice.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #674 on: August 30, 2010, 02:30:02 AM
They're really pushing C.Viper as a character lately, huh? They haven't promoted the other SF4 characters so much, and for her, she was the first to be revealed of the SF4 new characters, and I think she got her own figure and promotional material before others.