The Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Topic (ITS MAHVEL 3 BAYBEE)

Solar · 389168

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #400 on: June 17, 2010, 06:34:05 AM
YES. Now let's just hope they don't turn it into a kiddy show, or a teen emo show. I'm hoping for something upbeat, and perhaps a little bit corny. =P

Less like Smallville and more Supernatural then!  XD

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #401 on: June 17, 2010, 06:40:15 AM
Less like Smallville and more Supernatural then!  XD
Exactly. And hopefully not in the Smallville universe... CLARK STILL DOESN'T FLY DAMMIT. And he's already met friggin' HAWKMAN already.

Anyway, I'd like a silly, yet serious affair. The Scarab costume shouldn't be too hard to make cool, and Jaime's awesome, so...

...but I still would retcon half my comic collection just for a Ted and Michael sitcom. There's the Blue Beetle show I want. =P

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #402 on: June 17, 2010, 06:50:59 AM
Anyway, I'd like a silly, yet serious affair. The Scarab costume shouldn't be too hard to make cool, and Jaime's awesome, so...

Here, I posted pics in this thread.

Offline Rayl

• The Missing Piece
  • Resistance Member
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
Reply #403 on: June 17, 2010, 11:28:34 AM
...funny how they know nobody likes Nero. 8D

...I did v_v

zero, wesker, doom

Hurray! I approve of these guys and all the oth-

volnutt

DAMMIT.

The worst character in TvC gets ported. Wonderful.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #404 on: June 17, 2010, 11:29:43 AM
You know, just because he was in TvC doesn't mean he'll play EXACTLY THE SAME with the EXACT SAME MOVES in this.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Rayl

• The Missing Piece
  • Resistance Member
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
Reply #405 on: June 17, 2010, 11:35:59 AM
I don't care if he has the same moves or not it was his accessibility which, let's face it, made him pathetic. Megaman in MvC had multiple weapon shifts but they were easy as hell to use and didn't mean your opponent knew what you were up to.

If he has different moves that's fine but he needs to have his command list reworked from ground up or if they're going to ditch the original Megaman in favour of Volnutt then at least have the decency to just give him a modified moveset from Megaman himself.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #406 on: June 17, 2010, 12:55:17 PM
It's being built from the ground up so it'll probably be a new move set for him and ZERO.

On a side note, I hope they get DC Douglas to voice wesker again.

As far english VA's go, He's god tier.
[youtube]eMUVFctJ2Xw[/youtube]

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #407 on: June 17, 2010, 03:05:10 PM
DAMMIT.

The worst character in TvC gets ported. Wonderful.

I don't think I've read something more factually wrong about TvC. *Does this to Rayl*

Volnutt's weapon switching is what makes him great and gives him TONS of comboability, just because he's not easy to use it doesn't make him a bad character, in the right hands he's [tornado fang]ing deadly and certainly in the higher parts of the tier list.

It's being built from the ground up so it'll probably be a new move set for him and ZERO.

If they already have a moveset they'll reuse it, this being a new game means nothing.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Rayl

• The Missing Piece
  • Resistance Member
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
Reply #408 on: June 17, 2010, 03:13:03 PM
I don't think I've read something more factually wrong about TvC. *Does this to Rayl*

Impressive as that is, i still feel he's just a terrible character in comparison to MvC Megaman. That isn't me simply being stubborn or ignorant of the facts, i just cannot stand the way his moveset works.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #409 on: June 17, 2010, 07:05:26 PM
If they already have a moveset they'll reuse it, this being a new game means nothing.

Exactly. The in-game character models are definitely all new. The actual ANIMATION DATA for the majority of the Capcom side, however? Straight ripped from TvC.

And speaking of ripped from TvC, a Gaffer reports on his impressions on the game:

Quote from: LeMaximilian
Just got home from E3. Had around 3 hours or so with MVC3 in total. Quick summary. It's not similar to MVC2. Assists come out much slower, characters are more floaty, and the damage needs to be increased cause 90% of games end with a Times Up. It's based off the TVC fighting engine...so if you like TVC you will LOVE MVC3. Took me some time to get adjusted, then I won a little mini tournament in front of this big audience doing some of the fancy [parasitic bomb] in the game. Was quite fun. Game is pretty mash friendly, the inputs are VERY lenient. My favorite team thus-far is Cpt America, Iron Man and Ryu. Morrigan is crazy good and Dante is easymode too.

Ask me anything about MVC3. Vids coming.

Hype really starting to deflate here. "TvC HD" with Marvel this time, it is. -u-'

Any way, here are some more vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dmEOfA1Nig
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVKPNer2cl4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pUGaxg0fm0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5h4bXXNUts

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #410 on: June 17, 2010, 08:21:54 PM
Heh, well since TatsuCap is the only one I stand a chance in, I'm happy!  XD

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #411 on: June 17, 2010, 08:36:38 PM
Heh, well since TatsuCap is the only one I stand a chance in, I'm happy!  XD

I guess my main thing is that I'm disappointed in one main venues:

Niitsuma, even though he was given the chance to make a decidedly different game, did more to basically just "expand" on what he did in TvC. TvC was TvC. I came into MvC3, expecting something overtly closer to the "Marvel" way of doing things, even if it "borrowed" some things from TvC. I mean, when I think about how Funamizu was able to be the Director/Producer responsible for so many different types of Fighting Games, ranging from the SF:Alphas to the Marvel games to Darkstalkers to Jojo (<3), it disappoints me that these new guys like Niitsuma just seem to give off the aura of "one trick pony" who knows only how to construct one type of game style.

True that we're still over a year away, but still...might have to be changing my tag and avatar soon.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #412 on: June 17, 2010, 08:43:56 PM
Awwwwwwww, but I was looking forward to playing you online, Ben!   :'(

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #413 on: June 17, 2010, 09:06:11 PM
I'll prolly still get the game, but it will be like how many of my friends deal with SF4 and Super. They all dislike SSF4, but get it for the sake of "staying in the game", rather than because they like playing it that much.  8D

Offline Blaze Yeager

• The Loremaster
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "To win is to lose, to lose is to win."
    • View Profile
    • Suikatei Blog
Reply #414 on: June 17, 2010, 09:11:07 PM
I Hope Megaman Characters are in it...not only that i'm Frankly Getting Sick of Playing MvC2,SFIV,& SSFIV

Into Darkness, into the Abyss. Where only anathema exists.
| https://twitter.com/BlazeMcPhearson |

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #415 on: June 17, 2010, 09:19:18 PM
I'll prolly still get the game, but it will be like how many of my friends deal with SF4 and Super. They all dislike SSF4, but get it for the sake of "staying in the game", rather than because they like playing it that much.  8D

What's wrong with SSF4? 

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #416 on: June 17, 2010, 09:50:04 PM
What's wrong with SSF4? 
My guess is that it's still not as good as SF2, which, IMO, continues to be the best competitive, most balanced fighting game of all time.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #417 on: June 17, 2010, 09:59:17 PM
My guess is that it's still not as good as SF2, which, IMO, continues to be the best competitive, most balanced fighting game of all time.

Oh, I'm genuinely curious.  I'm terrible at these games, so I really don't know.

Offline TeaOfJay

• Resident Talking Tea Cup/ Lazy Super Hero
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!
    • View Profile
Reply #418 on: June 17, 2010, 10:06:19 PM
I noticed that MvC3 was more like TvC from the videos that I've seen, but not that I've seen confirmation I like it.

Hopefully MvC3 takes some of the balance that TvC has. I.E. you can actually win with every character and there is no pre-dominant team of God Teams in competitive play.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #419 on: June 17, 2010, 10:09:29 PM
HOLY CRAP IT'S TEAOFJAY! O_O

Ahem. I'll say what I always say in things like this. It's not the character, it's the skill of the player that makes them great. Even characters that some deem to be absolute unplayable crap can become absolutely lethal in the right hands.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #420 on: June 17, 2010, 10:25:46 PM

It's actually a lot of things on the fundamental side of the equation. For example, inputs are VERY lenient, which makes it much more mash-friendly, but also makes it so that it's easier to muddle or outright fudge commands (especially depending on which controller/arcade stick you use). And in any good fighting game, one should want something that will remove anything closer to "randomness" in your overall execution.

Then there's just other things relating to how the games feel so...."boring", compared to other choice games in the saga. It doesn't have Turbo or Super Turbo's pure finesse, Alpha 2 or Alpha 3's robust game engines or 3S's technical depth. The end result is just overly homogenized product that does more to stay "safe" within the bounds of SF2, without having some of the charm that made Turbo or Super Turbo as fun as they were.

Hopefully MvC3 takes some of the balance that TvC has. I.E. you can actually win with every character and there is no pre-dominant team of God Teams in competitive play.

Karas and Zero say "what's good, [shadow runner] WHAT'S REALLY GOOD?!?". 8D

In a game where the rush-down rules, Karas and Zero are clear and away the cream of the crop. Y'know there's some BS-involved when some one who knows what they're doing with the "Wii-mote only" option can STILL CLEAN HOUSE with these two. 8D

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #421 on: June 17, 2010, 10:41:56 PM
And speaking of ripped from TvC, a Gaffer reports on his impressions on the game:

Hype really starting to deflate here. "TvC HD" with Marvel this time, it is. -u-'

Yeah...remind to stay the [tornado fang]ing hell away from anything MAHVEL related at SRK for a while XD

Karas got hit with the nerfbat way too hard though, but Zero really is the closest to God tier in the game, god damn Capcom had to take away one overpowered character just to put in ANOTHER even MORE overpowered character >___<

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #422 on: June 17, 2010, 10:42:59 PM
It's actually a lot of things on the fundamental side of the equation. For example, inputs are VERY lenient, which makes it much more mash-friendly, but also makes it so that it's easier to muddle or outright fudge commands (especially depending on which controller/arcade stick you use). And in any good fighting game, one should want something that will remove anything closer to "randomness" in your overall execution.

Then there's just other things relating to how the games feel so...."boring", compared to other choice games in the saga. It doesn't have Turbo or Super Turbo's pure finesse, Alpha 2 or Alpha 3's robust game engines or 3S's technical depth. The end result is just overly homogenized product that does more to stay "safe" within the bounds of SF2, without having some of the charm that made Turbo or Super Turbo as fun as they were.

In a game where the rush-down rules, Karas and Zero are clear and away the cream of the crop. Y'know there's some BS-involved when some one who knows what they're doing with the "Wii-mote only" option can STILL CLEAN HOUSE with these two. 8D
You gotta understand. I love playing Street Fighter 2, it's my favorite fighting game by far. But sometimes, I get kinda tired of just constantly having to train with my main before I play it, and re-remembering all of the button combos. It's a game based on knowing moves and knowing when to pull them off. It's not a pick-up-and-play game. And sometimes, fighting games HAVE to be pick-up-and-play games. Specially when they're used at parties and stuff, so everyone can play them. Tekken and DOA are big hits at parties, for example. Because you can mash a bit and still come have fun. You can't do that in Street Fighter.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #423 on: June 17, 2010, 10:50:08 PM
Same with Soul Calibur too. That's a great party game.

Offline TeaOfJay

• Resident Talking Tea Cup/ Lazy Super Hero
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!
    • View Profile
Reply #424 on: June 17, 2010, 10:53:04 PM
Yeah...remind to stay the [tornado fang]ing hell away from anything MAHVEL related at SRK for a while XD

You know, I really should have listened to you when you said that.

Holy [parasitic bomb], the site REEKS of elitist when it comes to any fighting game.