Official Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread - Specs, Tech, Price? It's all here!

Emiri Landeel · 260713

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Funny enough, I've had more problems with my DSes (plural) than my 360 (singular).  I guess I'm one of the lucky few who's never had to deal with a RROD...?  o~O

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Funny enough, I've had more problems with my DSes (plural) than my 360 (singular).  I guess I'm one of the lucky few who's never had to deal with a RROD...?  o~O

You probably used sane ventilation and usage practices. I'm pretty sure the RROD would never happen to a well ventilated 360 that isn't used much, but Microsoft isn't selling to well mannered citizenry, they are selling to CoD, Halo, and Madden fans.

I blame Guitar Hero DS for my DS woes.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Yeah, I keep all my consoles where they can get plenty of air.  It never ceases to amaze me when people stack a bunch of consoles and DVD players and [parasitic bomb] on top of eachother in a closed cabinet, then wonder why it overheats.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Just a small update to let non-ambassadors know that SMB 1 is finally available in the US for $4.99.

Hopefully this means that the rest of the NES games get their updates within the coming weeks.

I guess I was right about the original releases having a prototype design on the menu as the updated version loses the little jingle the NES games had and now shows a TV with an NES beside it. Its pretty cool looking.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
In Japan, 3 Famicom games are available to buy.

Super Mario Bros.
Zelda no Densetsu 1: The Hyrule Fantasy
Punch-Out!! (Mr. Dream version)

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
In Japan, 3 Famicom games are available to buy.

Super Mario Bros.
Zelda no Densetsu 1: The Hyrule Fantasy
Punch-Out!! (Mr. Dream version)

Well, Japan does get stuff faster than the US, but Punch Out too? I would've taken that over Golf.
Quick question, do the Famicom games have a little famicom next to them on the menu, and does the little sound that plays when you highlight a game change between the games (With Mario it's a coin, so I'm wondering if Zelda and Punch out have anything different.)

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
TV and a Famicom, just like any region. All the games have the Mario Coin sound tho.

The color of the game cartridges are different tho, to reflect their original real life colors.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
TV and a Famicom, just like any region. All the games have the Mario Coin sound tho.

The color of the game cartridges are different tho, to reflect their original real life colors.

The fact that you can see the cart is kind of cool, rather a shame that every game uses the Mario Coin.
Naturally with the NES they use the Toaster design so we don't get to see a cartridge.
Still, its a beautiful attention to detail, it has a much better presentation than we originally got.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Five dollars for [tornado fang]ing SMB1??

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
It's NES Classics for GBA all over again. At least it isn't 20 dollars, but still. They vastly overestimate the value of their 25 year old games.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Five dollars for [tornado fang]ing SMB1??

Its probably $5 for every NES VC game.
just like how it is on the Wii.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Its probably $5 for every NES VC game.
just like how it is on the Wii.

Is it still 600 for "imports"?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
...why is this news?  You guys honestly expected Nintendo to shortchange their own pre-existing shop?

Besides, 3D Classics versions of NES games were already running $6.

They vastly overestimate the value of their 25 year old games.
Money disagrees with you.  So long as the demand is there, they have all the justification they need.  Do you have any idea what kind of field day the eBay sharks had with the Wii port of All-Stars?

I wonder, how many of us would still be arguing if the game wasn't already readily available?  If, say, SquareEnix put Dragon Warrior I up there for five bucks, I'd be all over that.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
...why is this news?  You guys honestly expected Nintendo to shortchange their own pre-existing shop?

Besides, 3D Classics versions of NES games were already running $6.
Money disagrees with you.  So long as the demand is there, they have all the justification they need.  Do you have any idea what kind of field day the eBay sharks had with the Wii port of All-Stars?

I wonder, how many of us would still be arguing if the game wasn't already readily available?  If, say, SquareEnix put Dragon Warrior I up there for five bucks, I'd be all over that.
I'd gladly pay $10-$20 for a Dragon Warrior NES Collection on the eShop, being DQ1-4.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
I wonder, how many of us would still be arguing if the game wasn't already readily available?

It was already readily available. 20 years ago. And it's unavailability now is no reason for them to release a 20 year old game that should be, at most, 800 Wii Shop Points for 30 USD.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Paragraph spacing exists for a reason; I meant that line in reference to the $5 for NES games point, not All-Stars.  We're shocked that SMB1 is five bucks because it's already available in two other forms this console generation alone.

As far as All-Stars goes, you're welcome to your opinion, and I don't disagree with you about it being overpriced (although $8 is over-simplifying), but good luck finding it for any less than 30 USD after Nintendo stopped selling it.

Both points are basically a supply-and-demand discussion.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
http://kidicarus.nintendo.com/uprising/explore-the-game/arcards.html#giveaway

Soon my post count will be high enough that I will be a moderator!

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
http://kidicarus.nintendo.com/uprising/explore-the-game/arcards.html#giveaway

Soon my post count will be high enough that I will be a moderator!

They're not on Club Nintendo. Sold out already?

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
That Sega/Capcom/Bamco site got updated with more of those funky chromosomes.

http://pxz.channel.or.jp/

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
They're not on Club Nintendo. Sold out already?

I gave you a link of exactly where to go. You should Click the Already a Member button and it should prompt you to sign in, then on the right should be a button to order. If something goes wrong, then I guess they ran out.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Weird, I did the same thing you said when I posted that, but it simply brought me to the home page with no offer anywhere. A few minutes later, it said CN was undergoing maintenance. Right now it works, so I just ordered it.

Eh whatever, thanks.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
So it's been 1 year since the 3DS came out.
I guess that's pretty cool.

Offline IQ-0

• Ice Queen Zero
  • Resistance Member
  • Friendship Advisory - Magical Content
    • View Profile
    • 1CC Gaming
The 3DS anniversary gave us a Mii version of Reggie at level 5. He is the first special Mii.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Yeah, Reggie also has every piece of every puzzle so he's good for getting another of those tricky Pink Squares.

Which leaves me with one normal piece and one Pink space left on my Pilotwings Puzzle.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Jeez, I had THREE puzzles not even started yet.  X_x

However, names were taken and asses were kicked in Find Mii II.