So...MMKB.

The Great Gonzo · 14290

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: March 29, 2010, 01:44:17 AM
Light AND Wily creating Megaman, Roll, and Protoman? Unless I'm forgetting something...no
Why not?

I can understand the objections to placing specific dates for events, but hey, it's fun to try to figure out the exact timeline even when you're not supposed to.  I see no harm in it.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #26 on: March 29, 2010, 10:13:18 AM
Honestly, it's one of the best resources I've seen since Planet Megaman died awhile back.  Why, therefore, does everyone hate it with a passion comparable to those who hate Twilight?

I don't hate MMKB.  However, I do see areas that need improvement.  The few times I've gone there, I corrected grammar and spelling.  Poor sentence structure runs rampant there.  Some articles also lack links to relevant related articles.  There is also fanon, according to others, and most articles that I've seen lack citations.  The categorization seems a bit lax, and the article format could be much better.  The usage of present tense in articles is also a bit informal.  The prose is also chock full of POV.  I mean, just because one user thinks that Blaze Heatnix is "extremely difficult" doesn't mean everyone else will.

But, as was said in the other topic, to which I am going to merge this afterward, not every wiki can be Wookieepedia.

Though, taking a page or two from our Manual of Style certainly would help.  It just takes people who are willing to put in the hard work to make sure that everything is sourced, spelled properly, and is free of fanon.  Sadly, it seems that the MMKB just isn't willing to do that.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: March 29, 2010, 06:59:53 PM
I mean, just because one user thinks that Blaze Heatnix is "extremely difficult" doesn't mean everyone else will.

Nor should they. Heatnix is pathetic.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: March 29, 2010, 11:18:41 PM
Its his stage thats annoying and tedious, Heatnix himself is [acid burst] easy.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #29 on: April 20, 2010, 05:15:08 AM
Oh lol...  I hop onto Wookieepedia and see that I have a message on my talk page on MMKB.  They want to make me an admin there because I know my way around a wiki.

I laughed, and laughed, and laughed.

Should I do it?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: April 20, 2010, 05:46:15 AM
You should laugh some more I think.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Harruhy

• OOGLE BOOGLE
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: April 20, 2010, 05:48:13 AM
They want to make me an admin there because I know my way around a wiki.

You should reply asking "Do the rest of you?"

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #32 on: April 20, 2010, 05:56:20 AM
Sadly, I don't think they do.  My edits there were grammar, spelling, and some formatting.  That was all.  I didn't do anything major, but that's apparently plenty enough for them.  They apparently can't even do that.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #33 on: April 20, 2010, 10:53:17 AM
Wow, my old English teacher must post there then... lol. Seriously though, that's kinda sad and hilarious at the same time...

I'm sticking with Rockman Perfect Wikories here... open our own and they'll be all like, "WUT/ I DONT LIEK GET IT WE ASKD BUT GOT NUTHIN BAK,"

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #34 on: April 20, 2010, 11:00:16 AM
Actually, lemme clarify what the MMKB has offered: sysop.  I'd have the power to protect pages, block/ban people, rollback edits, and destroy entire articles and media pages.

They apparently think I'm sysop material.  I guess they've seen the work I've done on Wookieepedia, because the grammar edits I've made on the MMKB certainly don't scream sysop material.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #35 on: April 20, 2010, 11:01:14 AM
lol Well it's up to you what to do. Personally, I'm just in love with the name Wikories... it makes me lol.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: April 21, 2010, 04:37:03 AM
If you do accept, you could try sourcing all of the unsourced stuff. For some reason, much of the Megaman community is sourcephobic.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #37 on: April 21, 2010, 04:51:23 AM
lol yeah, pretty much. Just hire Zan on... link his cybernetic brain (that's the only way he could know everything that he knows) up to your computer and copy all the information. BAM! MMKB will be reputable. ^_^

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: April 21, 2010, 11:57:03 AM
lol yeah, pretty much. Just hire Zan on... link his cybernetic brain (that's the only way he could know everything that he knows) up to your computer and copy all the information. BAM! MMKB will be reputable. ^_^

I believe that Zan would rather declare the Catacylsm story canon before starting to work on the MMKB again.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #39 on: April 22, 2010, 03:05:43 AM
Yeesh, I was making a joke. >_>

I still think he's a robot. :D