Klavier Gavin · 346093

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #1700 on: February 29, 2012, 09:38:23 AM
Well, the only way to find out for sure is to bite the bullet and buy the games.

If it's a sequel, I'm betting it would require a connection to your already-existing copy to continue YOUR story, otherwise it may as well just be 2 versions of Gray.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1701 on: March 01, 2012, 07:05:25 AM
Forgot to mention this, but I think it's very obvious now.

Remember there were 2 moves in the game code for BW, but was never seen in-game legitimately?

Freeze Shock
Ice Burn

Poeple have speculated these 2 moves to be Kyurem's signature moves, and now, lo and behold.

Black Kyurem: Freeze Shock (since it's an Ice move that resembles Zekrom's Bolt Strike)
White Kyurem: Ice Burn (since it's an Ice move that resembles Reshiram's Blue Flare)

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #1702 on: March 01, 2012, 11:45:45 PM
They just HAD to be retyped Sky Attacks, didn't they?  And here I was hoping Kyurem might actually become useful (comparable to his two ludicriously overpowered fellow dragons, I mean).

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #1703 on: March 02, 2012, 12:52:58 AM
They just HAD to be retyped Sky Attacks, didn't they?  And here I was hoping Kyurem might actually become useful (comparable to his two ludicriously overpowered fellow dragons, I mean).
Last I checked, Sky Attack didn't inflict status effects. >3>

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #1704 on: March 03, 2012, 05:13:18 AM
Not the point, as the effects are secondary (IE, Fire Blast causing a Burn doesn't make it any less Fire's version of Hydro Pump).

However, you last checked a long time ago.  Sky Attack inflicts Flinch as of Gen III.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #1705 on: March 03, 2012, 05:18:47 AM
Nevermind, I was unaware that Sky Attack inflicted a status effect (granted, I don't really count flinching as a real status effect since it only lasts the turn it's inflicted, even though bulbapedia does).

My thread of Random Crap

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #1706 on: April 12, 2012, 09:27:57 PM
New Update!
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/04/11/pokemon-black-and-white-2s-new-trainers-and-rivals-hit-japan-in-june/

From siliconera:
Pokemon: Black and White 2 has two new protagonists – a guy with a visor and blue jacket and a girl with brown Sailor Moon style hair. There’s a smug looking new rival too. The magazine also introduced Akuroma who is a researcher dressed in a lab coat. New gym leaders include Shizui who is water type and Homika who is poison type (note: names will probably change when Pokemon: Black and White 2 comes out overseas).

Pokemon: Black and White 2 takes place two years after the previous game and begins in Hiougi City. Players will be able to register 300 Pokemon in their Pokedex some of which will be brand new. We also have some details about the two Kyurems. Black Kyurem has Freeze Volt and White Kyurem has Cold Flare.

New Characters:

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #1707 on: April 13, 2012, 03:22:45 AM
Players will be able to register 300 Pokemon in their Pokedex some of which will be brand new.
You mean to say there are going to be more than 640 something pokemons? I give up. There is no way to remember any and all types, attacks, and items this game could hold. Just make a team that like to [twin slasher] often and hope for the best, right?

When was the last time I poked you guys...

Archer

Reply #1708 on: April 13, 2012, 02:42:59 PM
You mean to say there are going to be more than 640 something pokemons? I give up. There is no way to remember any and all types, attacks, and items this game could hold. Just make a team that like to [twin slasher] often and hope for the best, right?

Nah it just means that they're expanding the Unova dex, as in you can catch non-gen 5 Pokemon before beating the E4.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #1709 on: April 14, 2012, 04:18:55 AM
That, or by "some" they mean the allegedly event-onlys that have yet to be released (Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect).

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #1710 on: April 14, 2012, 05:23:13 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djo72P48TmE[/youtube]

Posted on: April 14, 2012, 04:19:22
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/b2w2/story/
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/b2w2/characters/
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/b2w2/pokemon/

Also has videos inside.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline dragontamer272

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
Reply #1711 on: April 14, 2012, 05:42:25 AM
Me and my personal friend Jessie over in Belgium, we chatted last time about Black 2 & White 2. I asked if she herself planned on getting it and she said yeah, then we both were also coming to our decisions of which version we were going to get. I told her how about this; "Since we have the first game, then why don't we get the opposites of the sequal?" In my case I have White 1 while she has Black 1, we go the other way around this time.

So to put it simply, she's going to get "White 2" while I'm getting "Black 2".

Visit my art gallery at deviantart today. http://dragontamer272.deviantart.com/

Yes, I am now one of those so-called "Bronies".

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #1712 on: May 12, 2012, 06:28:57 AM
http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Hm OK, looks cool. Let's look at the next... hm?

Wow, that Tyranitar looks Godzillatastically beast! Awesome! Hm what else?

N, Bel, Cheren! Yay~ Hm? One more? Let's see here......

!!!!!!!!!!!!

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1713 on: May 12, 2012, 06:39:05 AM
This is a VERY interesting update.
Finally get to see Cheren and Bianca again... And N's back from his journey.

Though, I'm very curious about the new formes the Oni Trio are sporting...
But getting to fight past legendary trainers besides Cythnia?
TAKE MY P-CHIPS!

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1714 on: May 12, 2012, 06:43:49 AM
so we have the rival that's a snide jerk like GARY OAK

and now we have the actual GARY OAK

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #1715 on: May 13, 2012, 06:13:25 AM
Hm? One more? Let's see here......

!!!!!!!!!!!!
Every time...EVERY DAMN TIME I think I'm growing bored with the series, they find some way to suck me back in. ~w~

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1716 on: May 13, 2012, 07:06:31 AM
Man the best old Gym Leaders and all the champions this is going to be awesome.  I can't wait for this game to come out but since I didn't like Emboar very much I'm going with Smugleaf this time around though it's not much of an improvement, why must Carracosta be so awesome?  I'm not sure what to think of the new forms of the kami trio, they look like they got a DNA transfusion with Articuno, Rayquaza, and Raikou.  

I'm really curious about the character next to Godzilla Tyranitar but, holy [parasitic bomb] you have to fight that THING!?   You have to fight a giant mecha Tyranitar Godzilla Zord thingy!?  I'm legitimately scared of fighting that thing, I mean Tyranitar's are scary to fight on their own and I can't imagine what that thing can do.  When I fought my friend Will's Tyranitar it tore [parasitic bomb] up, more than his 'To Win' the Garchomp, though then again EV training makes everthing scarier than it should be so I could be over reacting.  Plus there is a Typhosion in the shot too so it could be that the Power Ranger guy is the one fighting or it's part of the extra game I don't know but, mecha Tyranitar is weird on its own.  Speaking of which what's with the super hero stuff anway, and why is Brycen dressed up as a villain, if anything the only gym leaders I would expect to do that is the Sitrion trio, Burgh, Skyla, and Iris, Bycen is the least I would expect to do Super Sentai stuff.

I like Bianca and Cheren's new design but why is Cheren missing his glasses and blushing?

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #1717 on: May 13, 2012, 07:27:56 AM
I like Bianca and Cheren's new design but why is Cheren missing his glasses and blushing?

Bianca and Cheren went steady with each other and did stuff, obviously those are Cheren's glasses she's wearing. ^^;

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1718 on: May 13, 2012, 07:41:11 AM
Yeah that's what I was thinking too, though wouldn't that make Bianca more klutzy? XD

Archer

Reply #1719 on: May 13, 2012, 08:09:43 AM
where the [tornado fang] is wallace

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #1720 on: May 13, 2012, 08:27:50 AM

he's being too fabulous to join in.

Though I'd like to think it's because they're following off of Ruby/Sapphire and not Emerald.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1721 on: May 13, 2012, 09:48:46 AM
he's being too fabulous to join in.

Though I'd like to think it's because they're following off of Ruby/Sapphire and not Emerald.

even if they did, it's being said that all previous leaders and champions return, so that would include wallace (he was a gym leader first) and juan if they're going by emerald as well.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #1722 on: May 13, 2012, 09:55:09 AM
even if they did, it's being said that all previous leaders and champions return, so that would include wallace (he was a gym leader first) and juan if they're going by emerald as well.

Must be that they were showing off the more well known ones.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1723 on: May 13, 2012, 10:15:23 AM
Okay I read about Brycen on Bulbapedia and it said he used to be a movie star, so now it makes a little more sense that Brycen is doing Super Sentai stuff.  Still weird though.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #1724 on: May 13, 2012, 11:02:59 AM
Good... Wallace was an excuse of a Champion, anyway.
Note that they actually quote Steven as a Champion, just as they quote Green as a Champion and not as a Gym Leader (but use his Gym Leader artwork :\ ), so... yeah.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations