I thought Clefairy was Sailor Moon!

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #126 on: February 05, 2010, 11:53:03 PM
What, with pokemon named after the planets? Then that would mean... *counts on fingers* About 7 more legendaries, as more often than not, Earth (or Terra) gets left out of that equation and Pluto's not a planet anymore (which I believe to be bull [parasitic bomb]).

Not to start anything, but if Pluto were still qualified as a planet, then we'd have Ceres, Sedna, Quaoar, and about 50 other Kuiper Belt objects that would also be planets. And then Gen5 would have 700 Pokemon, because the last 60 would be planet-based.

I don't want no 60 legendaries.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline LightningKitsune

• Repliforce 8th Unit Commander
  • Robot Master
  • Smarter than Springman
    • View Profile
Reply #127 on: February 06, 2010, 12:19:24 AM
And they said there will be even more after this one. Here we go for quantity over quality.  ::)

I say we let the damn thing die. It should have died back when the 2nd generation came out.

Quote from: Protoman Blues
Wily was tired of living in Dr. Light's gluttonous, douche shadow.  Rightfully so, too!  He didn't betray Light.  He valiantly, dare I say, HEROICALLY, casted off his shackles and asserted himself to his rightful place, going so far as to bring order to a world of chaos!

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #128 on: February 06, 2010, 12:22:27 AM
Meh, at least they finally made a Skunk pokemon.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #129 on: February 06, 2010, 12:22:47 AM
I say we let the damn thing die. It should have died back when the 2nd generation came out.

Why's that?

Offline LightningKitsune

• Repliforce 8th Unit Commander
  • Robot Master
  • Smarter than Springman
    • View Profile
Reply #130 on: February 06, 2010, 12:25:10 AM
Why's that?

Because with many more games to come, Pokemon's suffering from the Scooby-Doo effect. Some new BS thing spewed out every few months. Eventually no one will care about it.

Quote from: Protoman Blues
Wily was tired of living in Dr. Light's gluttonous, douche shadow.  Rightfully so, too!  He didn't betray Light.  He valiantly, dare I say, HEROICALLY, casted off his shackles and asserted himself to his rightful place, going so far as to bring order to a world of chaos!

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #131 on: February 06, 2010, 12:27:12 AM
Aaaaaaand why is that bad? Or at least not preferable to no more games at all?

(also it takes a fair while between main game releases and they're the only important ones anyway so I'm not actually quite sure you're right there but y'know whatever)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #132 on: February 06, 2010, 12:36:15 AM
I think LK is just feeling highly cynical today. It happens to us all.
Release dates for the main games:

Re/B    - 9/30/98
Y        - 10/1/99
G/S     - 10/14/00
C        - 7/29/01
Ru/S   - 3/19/03
FR/LG  - 9/7/04
E        - 5/1/05
D/Pe   - 4/22/07
Pl       - 3/22/09
HG/SS - 3/14/10
Gen5   - ???

There's always been at least 1-2 years between. Therefore, your point is moot. The cynics lose again!

Also, you can't get mad at Nintendo for trying to remain profitable. And, unless I'm mistaken, Pokemon is one of their most profitable franchises.

Offline Dantonumanoa Ongdolota Amycronicon

• Unwholesome, unsavory and unintelligible
  • Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #133 on: February 06, 2010, 01:46:16 AM
It should have died back when the 2nd generation came out.
Great; another "such-and-such was better because I was an easily [tornado fang]ing impressed eight-year-old when it came out" heckler.

I put on my [twin slasher] face.

I also go by Spectro D., Idylleaus, Malabar, and Dumb-bit Twofuck.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #134 on: February 06, 2010, 01:48:15 AM
Don't take the bait. I already proved his point to be moot.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #135 on: February 06, 2010, 05:02:01 AM
Because with many more games to come, Megaman's suffering from the Scooby-Doo effect. Some new BS thing spewed out every few months. Eventually no one will care about it.
HAHAHA, fixing.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #136 on: February 07, 2010, 12:32:19 AM

What's this [parasitic bomb] then? Found it on Pokemon-Diamond's recent journal (Kuribute, is that you on steroids?).

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #137 on: February 07, 2010, 12:37:49 AM
It almost looks like something copy righted from Digimon.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #138 on: February 07, 2010, 12:42:50 AM

What's this [parasitic bomb] then? Found it on Pokemon-Diamond's recent journal (Kuribute, is that you on steroids?).

Quote from: PokeBeach
Uploaded this literally ten seconds after it aired! Junichi Masuda's video message showed a silhouette of the new fifth-generation Pokemon codenamed "Z," as you can see below. It is in fact the "Z" from the 13th movie's title, The Ruler of Illusion: Z. This is the first new Pokemon in years! Pokemon Sunday will reveal the Pokemon in full on their February 21st show, which is in two weeks. CoroCoro magazine will be out before then and may reveal it first, though. How exciting is this?!

... Yep.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #139 on: February 07, 2010, 12:44:09 AM
If I were a betting man? I would think this would be Lucario's next evolution.

But I'd like to be proven wrong, certainly! 8D

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #140 on: February 07, 2010, 12:46:49 AM

But I'd like to be proven wrong, certainly! 8D

I'd be willing to take your bet that it's a whole new entity entirely.. then again, the last set on some parts "improve" for better or worse, as adding an extra evolution to current pokemon or "baby-fy" one, and since the pokemon movies had no relation to the anime except the cast, along with hinting a new set (like Pokemon 4ever did, with Latios and Latias as the best example here), as movies always did.

I won't have my hopes set too high though. >.>

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #141 on: February 07, 2010, 01:01:35 AM
Honestly, I'm just hoping that they would do more to give some more third stages for those Pokemon that need it.

There's still plenty of expansion that could be used for the 1st two generations, such that they don't need to scrape the bottom of the barrel for new designs but so quickly.

Besides...any thing would be preferable to what they did with 4th Gen. "Oh wait! Now we have ANOTHER electric rodent!"  -u-'

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #142 on: February 07, 2010, 01:07:50 AM
Besides...any thing would be preferable to what they did with 4th Gen. "Oh wait! Now we have ANOTHER electric rodent!"  -u-'

Ben, I wholeheartly don't want to see another electric rat, either. I'd much see something new, like living statues. :)

And hopefully Nintendo could do some proper balancing too, I still remember those times a few pokemon were broked. Bleh.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #143 on: February 07, 2010, 01:42:22 AM
Ben, I wholeheartly don't want to see another electric rat, either. I'd much see something new, like living statues. :)

And hopefully Nintendo could do some proper balancing too, I still remember those times a few pokemon were broked. Bleh.

With all the supposed "new features" that they're supposedly going to put in the next game, it's either going to be more balanced, or even more broken than before. It's just how these types of things work.  8D

I wonder if they'll do anything relating to EVs, though. The finer intricacies of "Pokemon Eugenics" never did anything for me, and as the system is now, I don't see that changing. So I'm interested in seeing what they'll do this time around.   

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #144 on: February 07, 2010, 02:33:08 AM
^It'll probably stay the same, I doubt they'll raise the EV cap anytime soon, and even if they did, the end effect wouldn't change anything unless they ONLY changed the total limit, but then why bother?

The one thing I hate about any given generation reveal is the amount of fakes that show up and the misinformation that's bound to appear. I'm seriously not buying a single thing unless Coro Coro confirms it (they're the ones that are usually posting the latest up-to-date news about Pokemon for Japan).

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #145 on: February 07, 2010, 03:35:09 AM
One thing I'd like to see is "baby" forms for Onix, Scyther, and Sneasel, so that way BR's "unevolved hatchling" matches can return without those three annihilating all the others.

Related to Lucario or not I would bet it's going to replace him in Smash4.

And yeah, I'd like to be proven wrong too.

I wonder if they'll do anything relating to EVs, though. The finer intricacies of "Pokemon Eugenics" never did anything for me, and as the system is now, I don't see that changing. So I'm interested in seeing what they'll do this time around.
Now this, I'd be interested in.  The current EV system renders in-game Pokemon worthless for tournament play (without some serious berry pig-outs, anyway) and requires you to re-raise them completely depending on your focus on physical or special attacks.  You can't raise an all-rounder the way you could in 1st/2nd gen, and it makes experimenting much more difficult.

The stat-experience from the older games just made so much more sense to me.  The caps were pretty darn high, but other than that, the fact that the whole story playthrough experience was still valid for higher matches made the game a lot more accessible (not to mention it's nice that your starter is actually worth something at the end).  Now you try to raise a team for, say, Battle Revolution's Masters rounds, and God help you if you find out one of your team members needs a new EV spread.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #146 on: February 07, 2010, 03:50:44 AM

Now this, I'd be interested in.  The current EV system renders in-game Pokemon worthless for tournament play (without some serious berry pig-outs, anyway) and requires you to re-raise them completely depending on your focus on physical or special attacks.  You can't raise an all-rounder the way you could in 1st/2nd gen, and it makes experimenting much more difficult.

The stat-experience from the older games just made so much more sense to me.  The caps were pretty darn high, but other than that, the fact that the whole story playthrough experience was still valid for higher matches made the game a lot more accessible (not to mention it's nice that your starter is actually worth something at the end).  Now you try to raise a team for, say, Battle Revolution's Masters rounds, and God help you if you find out one of your team members needs a new EV spread.
Yes I hated the EV system in the newer games, the fact that I try hard to raise my pokemon the normal way and then get beaten by my friends rabid Eevees on EV steroids was not fun at all.  And not to mention it's takes way too long for me to even do it and I still mess up.

Offline Kit

• #1 wizard of disappearing
  • Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #147 on: February 07, 2010, 03:55:27 AM
Yes I hated the EV system in the newer games, the fact that I try hard to raise my pokemon the normal way and then get beaten by my friends rabid Eevees on EV steroids was not fun at all.  And not to mention it's takes way too long for me to even do it and I still mess up.

I hate EVs too, Sakura.
This is why I wish they would make a Pokemon game where you can focus on more than just battling if you want.

they dont think it be like it is but it do

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #148 on: February 07, 2010, 04:08:10 AM
I hate EVs too, Sakura.
This is why I wish they would make a Pokemon game where you can focus on more than just battling if you want.
I mean back when I was like 7 or 10 I only trained my starter pokemon, Bulbasaur, and he was a major tank. I raised him to like level 76 and could take down anything in my path but I gave up because I knew I was doing wrong.  I did the same thing with Crystal, with Cyndaquil, but then I stopped doing before the 8th gym and raised other pokemon I caught or got 2 Eevees, Suicune, Skarmory, and a Smoochum.  I evolved the Eevees into Umbreon and Jolteon and took the down the elite 4 easily but I just gave up after Gary because I got bored.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #149 on: February 07, 2010, 04:14:57 AM
Evee, that little fox thing, oh I never touched that thing, it never appealed to me, ever. I mean its good it has the stones of the thing and turns to three different forms but aside from that it was....yeah. I would just get myself one of those flame ponies and be done with it. Boy, back in the olden days Pokemon was much simpler, catch 150 and you are the master. Now its catch 456 and become the master, and you have the eggs and the trade and the stones and the devolutions and the legendaries and HOIVEN GLAVEN!