Sony makes Reality Show, The Tester. Winner gets to test Playstation games.

Jazz Shaking · 7854

Offline Jazz Shaking

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/01/the-tester-cast-of-the-first-ever-playstation-network-reality-series-revealed/

In September, we announced an open casting call for The Tester and the response has been tremendous. I want to thank everyone for your submissions! We heard from thousands of PlayStation fans from across the country, all eagerly vying for a spot on The Tester and a chance to compete to win a gamer’s ultimate dream job – an official PlayStation game tester.

Today, I am pleased to be here on the PlayStation.Blog to introduce The Tester cast. In all, 11 contestants were selected for The Tester. The cast ranges in age from 22 – 36 years-old and stems from all walks of life – from a student, to a paramedic, to a used car salesman. While a seemingly diverse bunch, this group is united in the passion needed to be the next PlayStation game tester.

The Tester Cast

To produce The Tester, we teamed up with one of the biggest names in reality television, 51 Minds, the dynamic production company that is the force behind hit series such as The Surreal Life, Rock of Love, and many more hit TV shows. The Tester, to be by hosted Meredith Molinari, model and host of multiple online music shows, will follow the cast over eight episodes as they battle it out in a series of physical and mental challenges in a fight to win a position at Sony Computer Entertainment America. We have also lined up a distinguished panel of judges, including Brent Gocke, Release Manager from Sony Computer Entertainment, and guest judges such as David Jaffe, Director & Lead Designer of God of War and Twisted Metal.

Over the past 15 years, PlayStation has prided itself on not only offering great entertainment, but creating it, including blockbuster franchises and award-winning titles built from the ground-up, like Gran Turismo, God of War, UNCHARTED, LittleBigPlanet and many more; PlayStation Network has continued that tradition with a huge catalogue of original games, including critically acclaimed franchises like flOw, Flower and Fat Princess. Add to that thousands of movies and TV shows, hundreds of digital comics – and of course add-on game content, PS one classics and more – and it becomes clear why PlayStation Network has become the premiere source for digital entertainment at home and on the go. Moreover, the availability of original and exclusive content such as The Tester is just one of the ways PlayStation Network will get even better in 2010.

Stay tuned – we’ll be announcing a special celebrity judge and more show details on The Tester soon. In the meantime, go to TheTester.com check out more information on our cast and panelists and watch audition videos.

Cast Bio

http://www.thetester.com/home/TheCast.html

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Dream job my ass. Anyone who's ever done it knows that that's not the case >_>'

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Dream job my ass. Anyone who's ever done it knows that that's not the case >_>'
That's not gonna stop people (idiots) from floating over to the idea of playing games for a living. =P

This show smells like complete utter bullshit.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Ugh. So now Reality Tv is tainting the gaming world? Oh why...
I hate Reality tv.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Are they just gonna record a guy playing the same level like a hundred times to try and reproduce a bug or what?

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
This is just one of those that producers make when they have too much free time on thier hands, and have the money to pull the stunt.  -AC

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
What the hell? I'm sure one of the banned members here did this..... -_-

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
What the hell? I'm sure one of the banned members here did this..... -_-
what?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
what?
It's interesting how your the one who usually demands a good reasonable answer from me.
How about we say that this show will suck hard.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
It's interesting how your the one who usually demands a good reasonable answer from me.
How about we say that this show will suck hard.

I am?
What did you mena by banned members though? I didnt get it. :\

And we know its going to suck. Reality Tv nowadays always sucks. no exceptions.

Offline megaman24681012

• Toa of Ice
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Shoulda chose a better name.
    • View Profile
What kind of retard would do this?!

seriously, I want an answer!

:o

Kopaka: "That leaves you and I, Tahu Nuva."
Tahu: "No. That leaves only me."

Offline Musashi-COM

• Net Navi
  • No worries, mate
    • View Profile
    • MusashiAA's 8-bit Box
Reality Tv nowadays always sucks. no exceptions.

INDEED.

I wonder who will win?

10 bucks on that skinny guy in the far left 8D

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
This sounds utterly retarded. A TV show where worlds (gaming and reality TV) collide.

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Harruhy

• OOGLE BOOGLE
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
In the end, they'll reveal it was a PS3 game.

I MEAN, LOOK AT THOSE LIFE-LIKE GRAPHICS.

Though...
[spoiler]PS3 has no games[/spoiler]

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
In the end, they'll reveal it was a PS3 game.

I MEAN, LOOK AT THOSE LIFE-LIKE GRAPHICS.

Though...
[spoiler]PS3 has no games[/spoiler]
this. XD

Offline Smiley Emo

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
In the lightning round, they have to tighten the graphics in level three!

I had a dream. A dream where I killed all the humans!

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
What kind of retard would do this?!

seriously, I want an answer!

:o

People desperate for a job and hope that just by being on this 'show' they're getting paid enough so they won't have to be subjected to the kind of torture involved with video game testing?

On a side note, MSNBC really thinks these jobs are the coolest. Though, in their defense, they didn't say "best" or even well paying (the last one they admit pays less than 300 bucks).

Offline Jazz Shaking

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Trailer for Sony's "The Tester"

http://www.thetester.com/

Weirdest group of gamers ever.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Sony makes Reality Show, The Tester. Winner gets to be Sony's [sonic slicer].

fixed