LightningKitsune · 138112

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #275 on: April 01, 2010, 01:20:04 AM
So you're getting SMG2 and this on day one then?

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #276 on: April 23, 2010, 09:30:35 PM
Dammit!

Actually, the delay isn't too bad. It does give us more time to play Galaxy 2.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #277 on: April 24, 2010, 12:09:41 AM
That's actually somewhat good news for me, as by then I'll probably have gotten a fair few giftcards from my B-Day to spend on it.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #278 on: April 24, 2010, 12:48:01 AM
Ack! Delay? Man, now I'll have to push my visit to my best friend's back some. Not like it mattered; I've got Long Summer classes to take, now. ;^;

Gameplay looks great. Some people might call it a bit hand-holding, but it puts some of the enemies in a different axis, like reality, while the gameplay's still 2D, 3D when you need it to be.

Sick stuff, man. Beats every Metroid game ever if it turns out to be done the right way.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #279 on: April 24, 2010, 12:59:34 AM
Well at least they gave a good reason...
Quote from: Nintendo
The launch date for Metroid: Other M has shifted to Aug. 31. As you may know, this game is the product of a unique partnership between longtime Metroid producer Yoshio Sakamoto, Team Ninja and many other individuals and groups, all of whom have set very high standards for this latest installment in the series. Although it's taking slightly longer than expected to complete the project, we're confident that fans will find it to be well worth the wait.

Video game development is a lengthy and complex process. We have always put the quality of our products first, and have historically taken the time needed to make our games meet the expectations of our fans.

Hey, more time to make the product even better is always good! This also brings to mind how, in Japan, release dates are set FAR into the future to prevent delays, whereas stateside release dates are too soon, thus meaning delays. This has no bearing on anything whatsoever, I just thought I'd bring it up. Regardless of that, wouldn't you rather have a truly polished Other M than a slightly unfinished one?

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #280 on: April 24, 2010, 09:33:09 AM
I agree with one of the posters on Kotaku that chances are the release date of SMG2 was one of the factors in this delay as well, although I'm sure it will be time well spent getting some extra polish in there.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #281 on: May 21, 2010, 12:48:14 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg2l43peTjw[/youtube]

around 1:07 there is a new cutscene of Samus trackballin' her ship.

It's ballin'.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #282 on: May 21, 2010, 12:57:31 PM
That's a nice find!

I wonder if this means you fight Super Metroid's Mother Brain in 2.5D or if that's just a cutscene... the ship's nice too.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #283 on: May 21, 2010, 03:29:55 PM
It's probably just a cutscene.  It'd be pretty cruel of them to make you actually fight Super Metroid's final boss in the opening, unless the difficulty was cranked down, and I'm pretty sure nobody wants that.

It would be kinda cool when I think about it though.  The escape sequence would definitely be interesting.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #284 on: May 21, 2010, 03:36:52 PM
Not much of a fight though, is it? Max health tanks, angle up, hold down the fire HYPER BEAM!! button. Maybe jump occasionally.
Looks wonderful though.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #285 on: May 21, 2010, 09:43:48 PM
And you are invincible with the RAINBOW BEAM OF DOOOOOOM!!!!!

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #286 on: May 21, 2010, 10:06:41 PM
No, but to lose in that fight, you must have no hands. Or feet.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #287 on: May 21, 2010, 10:09:47 PM
Pretty much.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #288 on: May 21, 2010, 11:05:34 PM
Well, Woldnt it be much like Castlevania SoTN? where the first stage has you fighting Dracula as Richter, and you CANT lose?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #289 on: May 22, 2010, 02:14:50 AM
I suppose they could do that.

I suppose I was also thinking of the final fight in SMR, in which Samus's equipment is destroyed when Mother Brain lands the crippling blow on her.  You can still die pretty easilly at that point.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #290 on: July 07, 2010, 09:36:22 AM
Hit up on the Japanese site it has been updated w/ some small info that'll be updated and some cool shots.  But the main thing, when clicking on "About the game" you'll hear a bit of a re-arrangement of the Super Metroid intro summary. 

Posted on: June 04, 2010, 08:34:58
I apologize for double post, but this thread needs some bit of attention.

Alright, aside from the gameplay videos at Gametrailers and whatever sources others may have/have not seen.

I'll just link simple collections of them and one that shows the tutorial portion;  and, well, we'll see how that goes.  Yeah...I [tornado fang]ing can't wait for August 31st~

Metroid Database has already linked a ton of videos and 3 from them specifically showing a good consecutive flow of the demo at E3'10

And this.  Shows the tutorial being playing by a man w/ some sweet ass hair and one guy explaining stuff most of us already know at this point.  So if one wants to skip, skip to 0:50 for the game starting w/ the cinematic intro~

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMYc-Ho2P0g[/youtube]

Posted on: June 23, 2010, 14:26:07
I apologize for...the triple by now XD.

Gonintendo.com posted a 2 part video featurette/behind the scenes of Other M.

Sadly it doesn't contain any subs for translation, so...just skim around or unless one of the japanese-familiar RPMers can pull out some perhaps new info we may learn of~ :3

Oh and the 2 part video contains new footage of Other M, such as Samus blasting the back of a Space Pirates' head~ hoho~

edit:

[spoiler][/spoiler]
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 11:56:20 AM by Carlos Santana »

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #291 on: July 09, 2010, 12:49:25 PM
SO I HEARD OTHER M WILL COME TO EUROPE

SEPTEMBER 3rd

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #292 on: July 09, 2010, 06:07:25 PM
If nothing else, I will miss Retro for their Varia Suit design.  Game otherwise looks kickass, though, so I can't wait.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile

Offline Tenshi

• 天使の伝説
  • Robot Master
  • ミソラちゃん
    • View Profile
Reply #294 on: July 15, 2010, 06:25:16 PM
If nothing else, I will miss Retro for their Varia Suit design.  Game otherwise looks kickass, though, so I can't wait.
I honestly, didn't like the Varia Suit that much in the Prime games. I guess because I don't usually like bulky designs. It looks cool, though. Anyway, yeah, I definitely cannot wait until Other M comes out; August 31st is still too far away! :\

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #295 on: July 16, 2010, 02:04:08 AM
I love bulk.  Seeing something move with agility in spite of bulk to me is much more amazing than watching something streamlined that you actually expect to move quickly.  I'd say it drives home the "wonders of technology" thing, but to be honest I've already caught myself in the same attitude with marine life; ie I enjoy orca whale stunts far more than dolphin stunts.

What bugs me about Ninja's Varia Suit isn't so much the line design as it is the color.  The basic Power Suit is yellow.  The Varia Suit is orange.  ORANGE, DAMN YOU.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #296 on: July 16, 2010, 02:58:17 AM
well, it was like, pink or something in the original, wasnt it?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #297 on: July 16, 2010, 03:02:47 AM
People still play the original with the suit on?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #298 on: July 16, 2010, 03:03:57 AM
just sayin's all.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #299 on: July 16, 2010, 03:37:55 AM
What bugs me about Ninja's Varia Suit isn't so much the line design as it is the color.  The basic Power Suit is yellow.  The Varia Suit is orange.  ORANGE, DAMN YOU.

Even though its been that way since Super Metroid (Because pink was ugly? Who knows.), I think what they're going for is trying to replicate the art/color style that Super had. Hence the very bright yellow they seem to be using.

But thats just my take on it, personally, its a damn color. I don't care as long as the game is enjoyable.