Metroid Discussion Thread

LightningKitsune · 138135

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #125 on: January 20, 2010, 06:03:31 AM
you're thinkin of the spider ball guardian.

No, it was the Boost Guardian I was thinking of, dunno why I remember it being Morph Ball only *shrugs*

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #126 on: January 20, 2010, 06:33:55 AM
You can't in Trilogy... Damn Bendizium Rock.

Incorrect.  You can still get the Plasma Beam before you go into the Phazon Mines.  You just need to go all the way to Phendrana's Edge to get a power bomb expansion before you hit up Geothermal Core.  The bendezium rock was there in the original PAL version; it's harder to get the power bomb expansion you need in Trilogy, but not by much.  Still entirely doable.

Edit: As an added bonus, you can also use that extra power bomb and the Plasma Beam to get to the X-ray Visor way before you're supposed to, and take out the cloaked drone that's guarding the main PB in five seconds flat with it.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline LightningKitsune

• Repliforce 8th Unit Commander
  • Robot Master
  • Smarter than Springman
    • View Profile
Reply #127 on: January 20, 2010, 06:14:34 PM
Nice.

I was reading on the Metroid wiki that it's possible to escape the Orpheon with the Varia Suit by killing Parasite Queen in a certain place.

Can we test this?

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Orpheon - It's under "Trivia".

Quote from: Protoman Blues
Wily was tired of living in Dr. Light's gluttonous, douche shadow.  Rightfully so, too!  He didn't betray Light.  He valiantly, dare I say, HEROICALLY, casted off his shackles and asserted himself to his rightful place, going so far as to bring order to a world of chaos!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #128 on: January 20, 2010, 06:29:05 PM
Hmm... Interesting..

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #129 on: January 20, 2010, 08:21:33 PM
Sounds like bullshit to me. It is a wiki after all.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #130 on: January 21, 2010, 02:56:27 AM
I've never heard about it, and at one point or another I've done -all- of the major sequence breaks in Metroid Prime.

Edit: That wiki is retarded anyway if I recall.  Supported by this line: "Frigate Orpheon is the first of four space stations to be destroyed, followed by Oubliette, Ceres Space Colony, and the BSL Space Station."

Despite, you know, the fact that a frigate is not a [tornado fang]ing space station.

The Other Side

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.

Offline LightningKitsune

• Robot Master
  • Smarter than Springman
    • View Profile
Reply #131 on: January 21, 2010, 03:43:15 AM
Good point.

Wily was tired of living in Dr. Light's gluttonous, douche shadow.  Rightfully so, too!  He didn't betray Light.  He valiantly, dare I say, HEROICALLY, casted off his shackles and asserted himself to his rightful place, going so far as to bring order to a world of chaos!

Offline SUIKA

• Robot Master
  • It's a good thing I exist.
    • View Profile
    • IDC
Reply #132 on: January 22, 2010, 12:42:18 PM
Now that I think about it almost every Metroid boss leaves me with my hands hurting a little afterwards. Hunters was the worst at that. It didn't help that the bosses were more or less repeated / not that interesting.

Offline LightningKitsune

• Robot Master
  • Smarter than Springman
    • View Profile
Reply #133 on: January 22, 2010, 11:10:02 PM
One word.

Thardus.

O:<

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #134 on: January 22, 2010, 11:11:19 PM
One word.

Thardus.

O:<
I found him fun more than hard

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #135 on: January 22, 2010, 11:35:57 PM
Thardus was rather easy.
theres a trick that can be exploited so that he can never hit you.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #136 on: January 23, 2010, 03:37:28 AM
Thardus is pretty damn easy. He just takes a while.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline LightningKitsune

• Robot Master
  • Smarter than Springman
    • View Profile
Reply #137 on: January 23, 2010, 05:32:55 PM
Thardus is pretty damn easy. He just takes a while.

That's an understatement. XD

My hands were hurting after it was over.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #138 on: January 23, 2010, 05:36:36 PM
I found Thardus more entertaining in Trilogy.... I guess mainly because I could actually -aim.-

The Other Side

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #139 on: January 23, 2010, 08:43:55 PM
Wow, Thardus was troublesome? Comments like that make me realize why Prime 3's bosses were so tame/toned down. XD

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #140 on: January 24, 2010, 12:37:53 AM
I found Thardus more entertaining in Trilogy.... I guess mainly because I could actually -aim.-
this. really.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #141 on: January 24, 2010, 03:27:13 AM
Try as I might, I cannot give enough of a damn to go back to Prime Trilogy. I boot up Prime (currently in Phendrana Drifts--at the start) and I don't really care to continue. I've not started Prime 2, largely because I dislike that one for being dull (though the atmosphere and the slight fear you get from Dark Aether wasn't too bad. Seems to have relied on this too much since without it, the game's just not the same) and in Prime 3, I'm right before Meta-Ridley on the first world because I'm trying to get all the tokens here--again.

I'm thinking of maybe just selling it off to someone who may find more enjoyment than I'm giving it (it sits on the shelf collecting dust) and just rebuy Prime 3 since it's pretty cheap right now. Also, Uncharted 2 is taking precedence over it, but that's behind finishing up some other titles on my queue.

Offline LightningKitsune

• Robot Master
  • Smarter than Springman
    • View Profile
Reply #142 on: January 24, 2010, 04:22:07 AM
If you don't feel like you aren't going to play/don't want to, go ahead. Be sure you get a good price for it. XD

A question. What are your hopes for Other M?

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #143 on: January 24, 2010, 04:49:16 AM
What are your hopes for Other M?
They don't screw up tying it in with Fusion.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #144 on: January 24, 2010, 05:25:03 AM
Isnt it supossed to be her early days? As in, when she was actually in the Federation?

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #145 on: January 24, 2010, 06:17:32 AM
It's between Super and Fusion.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #146 on: January 24, 2010, 06:41:04 AM
Isnt it supossed to be her early days? As in, when she was actually in the Federation?

It has flashbacks I guess.

The Other Side

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #147 on: January 24, 2010, 09:25:22 AM
If you don't feel like you aren't going to play/don't want to, go ahead. Be sure you get a good price for it. XD

I don't think he was asking for your permission bro.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #148 on: January 24, 2010, 10:34:36 AM
A question. What are your hopes for Other M?

To just be fun.

Offline LightningKitsune

• Robot Master
  • Smarter than Springman
    • View Profile
Reply #149 on: January 25, 2010, 04:01:31 PM
Agreed.