Forum Data Recovery Thread

VixyNyan · 39833

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: December 16, 2008, 03:18:48 AM
I'm still want Vixy to recover those collab chapters Will and Taiomira made so I can edit them, make them longer, and start the collab again since Will rarely shows up due to after school stuff, and Taiomira is lazy and probably will never show up again.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #76 on: April 07, 2009, 08:00:06 PM
Very true.  Hopefully the post can be found! 

Re: Mega Man X vs Maverick Hunter X - A PB Musical Analysis

Saber

[spoiler=(Click Me)]Hm...

Opening Stage - The Ruined Highway

I personally feel that the original MMX version flows better than the MHX version does. It's a tough call though, because the instruments that the MHX version adds to the song definitely makes up for it, I think. However, I'm going to give it to the MMX version for this track. It's superior flowmanship (making up words since 1980) I think works better myself.

I agree. Although the IHX version is quite awesome, the original version has burned itself into my brain. It's such an awesome tune, no matter how hard you try to remaster and remix it, the original will always be superior.

VAVA 1 - Encounter With Vile

This one I'll easily give to MMX. It has a more epic, sinister, oh [parasitic bomb] he's in a giant invincible Ride Armor, feel to it than the MHX version.

Again, agreed. Somehow, the original version made the upcoming threat more imminent. When you hear both versions for the first time, it'll be the SNES version which makes you go "Holy Crap, I'm done for." when VAVA jumps out of the Death Rogumer.

VAVA 2 - VAVA Battle

However, for this, I'm going to have to give it to the MHX version. I just really liked this version better, as I tried to defeat my currently undefeatable foe. Plus, nice background sounds to it also, I thought. Hurray, a point for MHX!

Hard one. I'd personally go by the original however. To me, the PSP version lacks something.

ZERO

I'll give this one to MMX. I thought the drum (that's right, DRUM) work in the MMX version was better, plus in the MHX theme it cuts off the really cool part and gets perhaps a little too epic-y, if that's even possible.

So true. When I first heard the IHX version, I thought it was awesome, but when I heard it didn't even go into a loop, I was heavily disappointed. Capcom tried to make the tune too epic, yet completely ignored the thing that made ZERO's theme so awesome, the loop.

STAGE SELECT 1

MMX, without question. The MHX version is good, but it doesn't have the same awesome opening "Soft sound leading into the Awesomeness" beginning to it. So this one goes to MMX.

Agreed.

Icy Penguigo/Chill Penguin Stage

This one I'll definitely give to MHX. I thought they did a very very good improvement on the frosty feeling of this stage. Especially the chilly music opening to the stage as well.

I consider both versions equal. Penguigo's stage theme is just a classic. Like Central Highway, it just burns into your brain and you won't forget the melody for a lifetime.

Launcher Octopuld/Launch Octopus Stage

This was a tough one for me to choose, as I've always loved the Octopus' stage. However, in the end I'll have to say the MHX version was indeed better. The sounds and techno beat they add to it really do the song great justice. Bravo, MHX!

Disagreed. 16-bit version sounds superior to me. More 'action-packed'. IHX kinda sounds toned down.

Armor Armage/Armored Armadillo Stage

This one goes instantly to MMX. The MHX song cut down the awesome high paced speed of the MMX version, which I wasn't all that crazy about. Half the joy of the Armadillo's stage, besides the Hadoken, was the pure rush of jumping on that cart and letting loose your fully armed and operational Pink Mega Buster shot.

Agreed without second thought.

Storm Eagleed/Storm Eagle Stage

Okay, now this one, I'll admit, just isn't fair for me. Storm Eagle's stage is one of the greatest Mega Man tracks ever made. EVER. So any remix of it would have a really hard time to compare to the original. MHX came very very very close mind you, but ultimately I have to give it to MMX. I just prefer the guitar work and overall sound of it.

I agree, sort of. IHX' version of the track was quite awesome, especially thanks to wisely chosen instruments and an enhanced loop, but this is Storm Eagleed's stage we're talking about. As Gilgamesh would say, "Originals cannot be defeated".

Burnin' Noumander/Flame Mammoth Stage

This one also goes to the MMX version. Even though they are actually very similar flow wise, I thought the back up guitar work is better in the original version of the track. Plus, the main guitar work (if you want to call it that) isn't as squeaky.

Again, agreed. I liked how the IHX version started, but after the opening, it sounds like a step backwards. Hard to describe.

Boomer Kuwanger/Boomer Kuwanger Stage

This one was also a tough call, as I like both versions very much. The techno beat of the MHX version definitely adds to it, there's no doubt. However, the reason I give it to the MMX version is mainly because I think the opening and lead in to the loop of the song sounds a lot better.

I can't choose actually. They're both pretty good.

Spark Mandriller/Spark Mandrill Stage

Okay, now hear was the toughest choice for me actually. Spark Mandrill is another stage that I consider one of the best song in all of Mega Man. Also, the MHX remix of this song is also my favorite remix out of all the MHX songs. It's truly awesome, as are both tracks. They are, IMO, equally good. There's only ONE reason why I think the MMX track is better, and that's SOLELY because of the Drum Solo that leads into the loop of the song, around 0:47 seconds into it. Hehe, you'll hear it, trust me. That Drum Solo is the only reason it scores higher.

Yeah, the drum solo in the IHX version is inferior. Although the entire version of the track is quite good, I'll be going with you and say 16-bit wins.

Sting Chameleao/Sting Chameleon Stage

Without question, the MMX version is better. This was my least favorite remix in the MHX soundtrack. I wasn't fond of it at all.

I heavily disagree. Fine, the 16-bit version wins again, but I like the IHX version very much. It's a nice, smooth tune. Actually one of the tracks of the IHX OST I listened to the most.

Boss Apperance & Boss Battle

The MMX version of both is definitely more of an epic battle feel to it, so I'll be giving both to the MMX version.

Again, we're agreeing. My personal problem with the IHX version of of the Boss Battle theme was the section that that bridges the loop (0:15 to 0:41). It simply takes out the speed and action that's supposed to be represented by that theme. I mean, for God's sake, it's the Boss Battle theme! And X1 more or less had the best Boss Battle theme of the entire franchise (going by mere stage boss themes, not counting event bosses or final bosses).

Stage Clear

I really like the MHX version better, for some reason. I don't even know why.

Disagreed. IHX just doesn't do it for me. Not only that the tune sounds inferior to me, I also miss the sound of X' flashing forehead crystal before warping out. X' "Mission accomplished" sounds kinda boring in comparison.

Got Weapon

Also, I really like the MHX version a lot...but not more than the MMX version.

I don't think those two can be compared properly. Unless my ears are broken, the Weapon Get music of IHX is a whole new theme and not a remix of the X1 version, at least it sounds like that to me. But if I had to choose between these two, I'd go with X1.

Dr. Light Capsule

Practically no change there really. So I'll give it to the fresh new sound of the MHX version.

I consider the IHX version of the original Right Capsule theme the one most inferior one out of all three (X1, X5 and IHX). I don't know what it is, perhaps the selection of instruments, but it simply doesn't sound right. I could listen to the X1 and X5 versions of the theme looping for hours, but I always skip the IHX track. It's actually one of my least favorite Capsule themes, although it originated from the best. Whenever I listen to the other two versions, it sends a chill running down my spine as if re-experiencing the first time I played the game, but IHX fails here, too.

STAGE SELECT 2

I don't know, I kinda found the MHX version lacking for some reason. LoL, this one I can't really explain why, so another point to the MMX version.

Yet another agreement here.

Sigma's Palace Stage 1

This was also a really hard choice for me, as this might be the 2nd or 3rd best remix on the MHX soundtrack for me. Ultimately though, I think the MHX version is a better version. They keep the suspenseful sting throughout the song, so that helps.

Sigma Palace 1 has always been one of the true juwels of musical history of the Rockman X series. I was very, very pleased by the IHX version. It's a very good remastered track, yet, out of respect for the original version, I call it a draw.

Sigma's Palace Stage 2

This is another really awesome remix from the MHX soundtrack. This one definitely goes to the MHX version, I think. They really added to the scope and feel of the song, I thought. Plus the guitar work simply kicks ass.

Disagreed. Although the guitar indeed kicks ass, it doesn't reach the awesomeness of the original. Sigma Palace 2 is another awesome track of X1's OST and "Light in the Fortress" by housethegrate is probably one of the best fanmade remixes of the series. The IHX version doesn't reach either.

Sigma's Palace Stage 3

However, this Sigma Stage goes to the original. Although the MHX version did have a more eerie, Oooooooh I'm getting close to Sigma feel, the MMX version of it is just an overall better song.

Agreed. What I deeply miss with the IHX version is the lack of the "dut-dut-dut-dut-dut" at the beginning. When I listen to the original version, it gives me this kind of feeling that says "I'm getting closer to the end". IHX doesn't do that. It's a nice attempt, but a futile one. X1 clearly wins here.

Sigma's Palace Stage 4

The eeriness of this remix from MHX definitely helps add to the mood of going up the long corridor, to fight your hated foe. So MHX gets this one.

Again, this is a track that cannot be compared properly to the original since it's completely new (or at least sounds so to me). Yet, they're both great tunes, so I call it a draw, maybe with a slight tendence to X1.

Sigma Battle 1

Even though they are very similar, I give this one to the MMX version because I just simply like the guitar work better.

Agreed. IHX made a great version of the track, yet, if you compare both versions with one another, you'll come to the conclusion that IHX is somewhat slower here. It maybe just me, but somehow, this also mirrors the difficulty of the battle in the two versions. IHX was considerably less difficult than X1. Then again, you could also say that you got more experienced in the battle over the years, so the battle is less hectic for you and you don't go "HOLY [parasitic bomb] HE'S GOING TO KICK MY ASS!" anymore.

Sigma Battle 2/Final Sigma Battle

However, for this track, I will definitely give it to the MHX version for the awesome grandness of it. LoL, the fight was still pretty easy, but still at least they made it seem much more epic.

For some reason, this was the track I was displeased with the most. Yes, the chorus and the selection of instruments do sound awesome, but the bridge inbetween takes out that awesomeness. It's like hitting the brakes during the battle, taking out a sondierable amount of speed. It's the final battle theme, this is the track where this should happen the least. Surely, X1 was a bit slower here, but the battle by itself was slow. Acting too quickly would kill you instantly in the original version, something that doesn't really happen in IHX as the battle is considerably easier here.

X1 clearly wins that round for me.[/spoiler]

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: April 07, 2009, 09:13:32 PM
Thanx Vixy!

Offline Flok

• Passionate Gamer
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Killsringman
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: April 25, 2009, 02:04:38 AM
I would like to request one more post from my old Mega Man Data topic, namely the "Mnemonic Tank Menu" post, which has profiles about characters and objects found in the story. I think it can be found on page 4. Could you retrieve that for me Vixy? I would be grateful.

Flok's favorites: