Rockman X4 Preview + Old April 1997 Capcom Friendly Club VHS with other RM stuff

OKeijiDragon · 9177

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
This is an old preview/trailer of Rockman X4 from an equally old April 1997 Multiple Option CFC (Capcom Friendly Club) Style videotape from Japan.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38HMT8z39Ak&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

While this preview may not include much immediate beta/pre-release differences, there is one particularly noticeable element that can be heard in this video. For one, X sounds completely different as you see him jump and shooting out charged buster shots in the video; we're talking about a pre-release video of the Japanese version here. Apparently, he had a different voice actor, as he sounds like a girl, much like he does in the English final version of RMX4. Zero also sounds slightly different as well, his Saber slashes are odd too.

---About this April 1997 Multiple Option CFC (Capcom Friendly Club) Style videotape---
Now, in this very same videotape, theres also interviews of Keiji Inafune, Shinji Mikami, Yoshiki Okamoto, Akira Yasuda, and the Rockman Battle & Chase music team.

There's also video footage from other Capcom games in pre-release/trailer form including (not in any order):
+Press Start 2 (Actual Title?)
+Street Fighter Collection
+BioHazard/Resident Evil 2 (1.5 prototype version)
+BioHazard/Resident Evil 1 (Sega Saturn version)
+Some Trivia Game (Quiz Dreams, etc.)
+Dungeons & Dragons Collection
+Super Adventure Rockman (This didn't come out until Summer 1998!)
+Rockman Battle & Chase
+Breath of Fire III
+Marvel Super Heroes
+Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter
+Vampire Savior: The Lord of Vampire
+Battle Circuit

If you want, I can rip the entire tape to show everything. Just ask! Demand!

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories

*Demands* Please~ 0v0

How high can you keep the quality? I can split them into clips later for safe keeping. ^.^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Wow... X's voice is EVEN girlier than the one used in the US version.

I had no idea that was possible.

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
*Demands* Please~ 0v0

How high can you keep the quality? I can split them into clips later for safe keeping. ^.^
Actually, thats the best that I was able to retain. The VHS tape is rather old. But, nevertheless, I'll see what I can do. I'm persistant that way.

Wow... X's voice is EVEN girlier than the one used in the US version.

I had no idea that was possible.
Well, Japan loves gal-sounding guys just as much as Capcom loves changing voice actors in their games.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
I like how Zero use his third ground slash in mid-air. >U<

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
X's beta voice is so delightfully girly. :3

...Which makes me wonder if this footage had a part in their dub casting decisions.

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
I could barely hear Zero's voice in the video... but apart from that, even though this was pointed out a million times, why does X sound like a girl...?

There's also video footage from other Capcom games in pre-release/trailer form including (not in any order):
+Press Start 2 (Actual Title?)
+Street Fighter Collection
+BioHazard/Resident Evil 2 (1.5 prototype version)
+BioHazard/Resident Evil 1 (Sega Saturn version)
+Some Trivia Game (Quiz Dreams, etc.)
+Dungeons & Dragons Collection
+Super Adventure Rockman (This didn't come out until Summer 1998!)
+Rockman Battle & Chase
+Breath of Fire III
+Marvel Super Heroes
+Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter
+Vampire Savior: The Lord of Vampire
+Battle Circuit

If there is more, then I shall see to it that you rip the rest of the video. Good day!

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Just think ... if this wasn't changed X and Axl mighta had a slumber party.  >0<

Offline Skaarg

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Not really a whole lot interesting, other than what's already been noted. Thanks for sharing though!

>Mega Man Zero 4
>Ragnarok Core
>120 Seconds
FINAL DESTINATION

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I like how Zero use his third ground slash in mid-air. >U<
yeah.
It seems that they had not yet done his air slash yet. (its the most likely thing)
Zero's voice..  sounds almost like his X4 US voice, or Lucas'. I cant tell because you can barely hear him.
Interesting tho.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Girla PurpleHeart

• Sailor Eris
  • B-Class Hunter
  • ~Midna's True Guardian And Duchess of Twilight~
    • View Profile
    • PurpleHeart Palace
Wow, I did not even know that there was the tape for the Rockman X4 Preview. Yeah, I do see why X's voice sounds a lot like childish in the Japanese BETA/Preview, he sounds a lot like Mega Man from Rockman 8 (same voice actor). Zero sounds a lot like he's like in the teens or probarly sound like Link from Zelda series.

Wait a minute...does it make that Link was Zero's...?

Anyway, nice finding.  owob

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
So, is there anything playable of this?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
No. This was just a video.
If there is any actual beta rom/disc, it hasnt been found yet.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Skaarg

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
No. This was just a video.
If there is any actual beta rom/disc, it hasnt been found yet.
Correction. I guarantee one exists, just someone with the right amount of money hasn't shown up. =P

>Mega Man Zero 4
>Ragnarok Core
>120 Seconds
FINAL DESTINATION

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
That's what I said. If there's any betas, they have not been found/bought/discovered etc. yet.

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
There's betas of every single MM game in existence.  And more than one at that; that's how it works.

Compared to some franchises we get very little info on these releases ... compared to others we get a lot.  Although I wish more betas / beta info was leaked onto the net.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
That would be sweet. Actually, i would like to see the beta of Megaman X1. the one that was shown to that magazine. With the infamous "White City"

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
The X1 beta is one of the most mysterious ones, since it has only a few screens and they feature a radically different intro level.  I think the EXE1 is as well, but so much more is known about it.

I think even earlier X4 betas would yeild some pretty interesting information, since it's a whole new graphic style and system. 

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
^I'd rather have a Rockman NEO/DASH/Legends prototype than any other RM proto out there. It was suppose to be the first major 3D Rockman to have been made and QUITE a lot of elements in the prototypical stages were experimented in NEO and were changed and/or removed all together. Different HUD (you could have gained experience points in the pre-beta version!), different town designs, slightly different storyline (from I have examined in the DASH artbook, which I've sent to Protodude the other day, BTW ), different worlds, even an unseen character that looked somewhat liked Duo. If we could get our hands on this prototype, then maybe, just maybe, there exists much older elements of Neo there. I'd go bananas and torrent it so fast, I'd make Quickman my [sonic slicer].   8B

Back on topic, I've got the tape ready and I'm in the process of uploading it now. Hopefully, the entire tape will be uploaded by tomorrow evening, my home connection isn't very good [128KB/sec] (plus college is a [sonic slicer]; then there finals  >^<).

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Trigger's hair was different in the betas as well.
yeah. A Legends Beta would be cool.

Actually, I would be interested in an X6 beta as well, considering one magazine scan I saw had a screenshot of a stage that was DEFINITELY not in the final. (unless it was a beta of Gate's stage)

also, found this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP99owR2k6w&NR=1

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Actually, I would be interested in an X6 beta as well, considering one magazine scan I saw had a screenshot of a stage that was DEFINITELY not in the final. (unless it was a beta of Gate's stage)
Name of the magazine, please? I have a ton of old magazines from back in the day that I'm going through for old game articles and beta/prototype stuff.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I dont know. Someone posted it in the stolen thread. It might have been Gonzo. Dont remember. All i remmeber was It had an odd Zero screenshot. a blue cybery looking stage.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
I don't remember any scan like that. :/

I'd like to see a beta of Super Adventure Rockman, but that's not likely to happen.

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
If we're talking about which betas we'd simply like to see, then ... MM1 and 3 for me.   3 shows a great deak of change and ... who knows what an early version of 1 would have looked like? 

Offline Skaarg

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
also, found this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP99owR2k6w&NR=1
I've seen this build come up for sale before on other sites, but it's always way too much money, and I doubt the current owner has dumped it for release purposes.

Another interesting beta I think would be an early one of MM4. I'm curious how they would have messed around with the mega buster early in development, and not to mention the various level changes including the giant mid-boss in Pharaoh Man's stage.

>Mega Man Zero 4
>Ragnarok Core
>120 Seconds
FINAL DESTINATION