Reply #18100 on: December 13, 2012, 04:01:14 AM
Which topic, this one?

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #18101 on: December 13, 2012, 07:41:26 AM
*shakes fist*  This one!

Also: "I love that character in Sakura's avatar.  She's so cute!  And that's an awesome outfit!"
Though to be fair, I think that 9 times out of 10 whenever I see it.  X3

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #18102 on: December 13, 2012, 07:43:26 AM
The sig or the RP.

Also I'm so freaking happy right now, I passed all my classes this quarter.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #18103 on: December 13, 2012, 07:44:37 AM
Sorry, I made a typo.  I meant to say "in her avatar". (It reads that way now, at least.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18104 on: December 13, 2012, 07:46:22 AM
Well that is like some kind of alternate costume, PB even used it to make a character in one of the Soul Caliber games.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #18105 on: December 13, 2012, 07:47:23 AM
It's a cute one.  But I might be biased.  I like bike shorts and pink.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18106 on: December 13, 2012, 07:49:08 AM
I like them too, it gives the action girl feel without jeans.  Which as you remember I hate with a freaking passion.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #18107 on: December 13, 2012, 09:12:54 AM
Hmm... I wonder how the various residents of RPM would change when shot by the 'Seaven Shooter'? =w= (to understand what I'm talking about, you'd have to go to Wilypocalypse)

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18108 on: December 13, 2012, 09:15:20 AM
Again I think it should just be a Deus Ex Machina, I don't think it should be that crazy.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #18109 on: December 13, 2012, 09:43:30 AM
Well that is like some kind of alternate costume, PB even used it to make a character in one of the Soul Caliber games.

I had fun making you in that game!  8)

Offline megaman24681012

• Toa of Ice
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Shoulda chose a better name.
    • View Profile
Reply #18110 on: December 13, 2012, 09:44:26 AM
GX was fricking horrible. It's only saving grace was that it's protagonist had some awesomely cheesy one liners.

And that the abridged version of him is a hilarious faux-black rapper.

Kopaka: "That leaves you and I, Tahu Nuva."
Tahu: "No. That leaves only me."

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #18111 on: December 13, 2012, 02:20:21 PM
Heh, I don't know if I could ever do a Let's Play. Although watching me kick my friend's ass at Mario Kart or Brawl is definitely an experience!  8D

Just put a mic close to you while playing and recording. Profit. ^^

Humor definitely helps. I think that's what gives Game Grumps it's appeal.

I mean, this is hilarious!

I'm surprised you watched Game Grumps (or got hinted to that video). XD

The animated version is just as funny.
Altho the actual situation in context was priceless. (buggy game is buggy)

I guess I'm one of the very few that actually likes JonTron and Egoraptor, and then consistently watching their Game Grumps sessions every day. ^^;

But it's better if they can do their regular shows again. I do love JonTron's videos when he's analyzing games and his parrot Jacques is a fun character too. Would be nice to see Ego's latest Sequelitis out anytime soon. ;3

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #18112 on: December 13, 2012, 06:02:09 PM
You guys probably don't know, nor do you care, but I'm actually considered... no, I actually was the first POLISH Let's Player.

I'm not even joking here.

The so called polish "scene" now, did some kinda podcast that served as a documentary of all many polish let's players, and they mentioned my e-friend whom I know for quite some years now, as one of the first (He did Megaman 3, mostly because I forced him to) if not the first. But then they [tornado fang]ing said that my old channel "Kharaxel" might have been the first.

Why am I telling you this? To brag you say? NO! It's to finally tell you of how frustrated I am. Ususally polish people did english let's plays or silent playthroughs before me and my IRL friend did a let's play of shitty hack of Mario World. I then uploaded them to my channel... then I told that e-friend of mine to [tornado fang]ing do Megaman 3. AND BOOM! LET'S PLAYERS EVERYWHERE! MINECRAFT! FALLOUT (3)! A WHOLE [tornado fang]ing SCENE FILLIED WITH STUPID MONGOLOIDS SHOUTING TO MICROPHONES AND TELLING BAD JOKES!

Once I learned this, I just... wanted to [tornado fang]ing go back in time and stop myself. And who knows, maybe now there would be less stupid [parasitic bomb] on the polish side of interbutts.

[tornado fang].

In any case. Game Grumps are good, but I really do wish Jon and Ego did some new episodes of their shows, like Vixy said.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #18113 on: December 13, 2012, 06:18:06 PM
Just put a mic close to you while playing and recording. Profit. ^^

I'm surprised you watched Game Grumps (or got hinted to that video). XD

The animated version is just as funny.
Altho the actual situation in context was priceless. (buggy game is buggy)

I guess I'm one of the very few that actually likes JonTron and Egoraptor, and then consistently watching their Game Grumps sessions every day. ^^;

But it's better if they can do their regular shows again. I do love JonTron's videos when he's analyzing games and his parrot Jacques is a fun character too. Would be nice to see Ego's latest Sequelitis out anytime soon. ;3

Wouldn't I also need a video capture card of some kind?

Also yeah I like them. They have a good chemistry together. I too wish they'd do there regular shows again. XD

You guys probably don't know, nor do you care, but I'm actually considered... no, I actually was the first POLISH Let's Player.

I'm not even joking here.

The so called polish "scene" now, did some kinda podcast that served as a documentary of all many polish let's players, and they mentioned my e-friend whom I know for quite some years now, as one of the first (He did Megaman 3, mostly because I forced him to) if not the first. But then they [tornado fang]ing said that my old channel "Kharaxel" might have been the first.

Why am I telling you this? To brag you say? NO! It's to finally tell you of how frustrated I am. Ususally polish people did english let's plays or silent playthroughs before me and my IRL friend did a let's play of shitty hack of Mario World. I then uploaded them to my channel... then I told that e-friend of mine to [tornado fang]ing do Megaman 3. AND BOOM! LET'S PLAYERS EVERYWHERE! MINECRAFT! FALLOUT (3)! A WHOLE [tornado fang]ing SCENE FILLIED WITH STUPID MONGOLOIDS SHOUTING TO MICROPHONES AND TELLING BAD JOKES!

Once I learned this, I just... wanted to [tornado fang]ing go back in time and stop myself. And who knows, maybe now there would be less stupid [parasitic bomb] on the polish side of interbutts.

[tornado fang].

In any case. Game Grumps are good, but I really do wish Jon and Ego did some new episodes of their shows, like Vixy said.

Well it's an honor to meet you! Shame about the rest though.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #18114 on: December 13, 2012, 07:09:52 PM
For what it's worth, Tron?  You didn't ruin anything.  It was the idiot copy-cats that ruined everything.  Everyone wants to be the next [insert popular Let's Player here], but 90% of the time, they're just some idiotic loudmouth with HyperCam 2 and too much free time on their hands.

Thank god for Retsupurae8D

Offline Dantonumanoa Ongdolota Amycronicon

• Unwholesome, unsavory and unintelligible
  • Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #18115 on: December 13, 2012, 07:10:58 PM
Hmm... I wonder how the various residents of RPM would change when shot by the 'Seaven Shooter'? =w= (to understand what I'm talking about, you'd have to go to Wilypocalypse)
Speaking of which, I was brutally ignored lol.

I put on my [twin slasher] face.

I also go by Spectro D., Idylleaus, Malabar, and Dumb-bit Twofuck.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #18116 on: December 13, 2012, 07:23:08 PM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #18117 on: December 14, 2012, 12:14:57 AM
I never watched any of JonTrons stuff, but I really enjoy Egoraptors stuff. But Game Grumps is too much talking and not enough game playing for me, maybe I haven't watched a good episode I dunno.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #18118 on: December 14, 2012, 12:28:49 AM
It's even more fun when Slowbeef, Diabetus and other person in the team rags on a horrible game rather than another let's player.
Retsupurae Rongupuraes are awesome.  X3

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18119 on: December 14, 2012, 02:56:35 AM
For what it's worth, Tron?  You didn't ruin anything.  It was the idiot copy-cats that ruined everything.  Everyone wants to be the next [insert popular Let's Player here], but 90% of the time, they're just some idiotic loudmouth with HyperCam 2 and too much free time on their hands.

Thank god for Retsupurae8D
Honestly I agree with this, and you have my condolences Tron.

Let's Playing should never be about being popular or competing, it should be about having fun and sharing you're experiences with people.  People sometimes send me their LP's because they see me comment on videos, and usually the videos aren't something I'm interested in or very good for that matter.  I got one with a Super Mario Sunshine LP and the dude wouldn't shut up and was talking literally a mile a minute. I mean look at this crazy thing! I couldn't even last 3 mins with this guy before I had enough, and people still send me videos.  I mean not all of them are bad, but are they really that desperate?   Do they really need to stoop so low to get subscribers and send random people messages to get them to watch?

Whenever I get around to doing Let's Plays I won't go that low.  I'll probably make a thread here but that's because I want the people I care about to see what I'm doing, not someone I don't know who's just a number in my subscriber box.  I want to share this with you guys because you're awesome and honestly I really wanted to contribute to the fan creations thread. 

I really respect the LPer's I watch, they really just want to have fun and share their experiences with people.  It's why I like Chuggaaconroy so much, and he has my deepest respect especially with this post he made today on Facebook.

[spoiler]I've been hearing a lot of talk about this, and I think it's only right if I throw in my two cents about it. Being positive here and not attacking anybody-- I'd really, really like it if we all started acting like a community again. Is there any reason not to? I've been a part of some community streams, such as CrystalStarStudio's or MasaeAnela's in the past months and it was seriously fun. I intend on doing more things like it too. It seems like so few group efforts or projects centered around simple fun exist now. Stuff's always more fun with friends, so why not work with them on videos or streams? Get together for a weekend over Skype, broadcast on stream, and maybe raise money for charity?

Wanting to work with friends was how TheRunawayGuys was started, and it's why we have tons of people, big and small, in our tournaments. Cross-promo works, it pays to work together. Can we stop treating making game commentary like a competition? I'm not saying you have to be friends with everyone or even like everyone, but I'm sure you'll find it more enjoyable to make videos when it's about fun and working together, not about getting attention. "It's the only way to get attention" isn't a good reason for cutting off from others, nor is it a good core to shape your content around. Heck, if I was hungry for as much attention as possible, I wouldn't have Let's Played Okamiden. There's people in the community who have met with success that didn't rely on that mindset to get where they are. It isn't the only way, and this doesn't have to be a competition, unless you want it to be.

This community is one of the greatest things I've had in my life. I've made more friends than I can count from it, and I feel like the core values to it may be fading. I don't want that to happen. Even if you don't like me or don't want to link to this post, you can still speak about the core statement if you agree with it. Don't attack people with words, speak through actions. Positive actions. Reach out to old friends who make videos or want to make videos, you know, the ones you've been meaning to talk to again. Nothing's stopping you. Collaborate. Be constructive. Have fun. Smile, since that never hurts. Is that too much to ask?[/spoiler]

This guy started as a minor LPer and became one of the most popular on Youtube, sure at first he would say to subscribe to his videos at the end of ever video for the first 5 or 6 LPs but that was it.  He was never attention grabbing, heck if you went to his first LPs and compare it to his later ones he was a shy quiet guy at first.  But eventually in the course of 4 years he got 400,000 subscribers.  He didn't do it by LPing the most popular games, like FF7, GTA, Orcarina of Time or etc.  No he LPed things like Okami, the Mother series, Majora's Mask, and freaking Pikmin!  You know why, because he loves those games and wanted to share them with other people and most enjoy the games he played because he shared his honest opinions about them.

I would never watch a person who would do a LP to make them popular, I watch them to see how they play their games and how they enjoy them.  That's what I want to do, having a fan base would be cool but I would mainly do it to have fun.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #18120 on: December 14, 2012, 03:01:15 AM
You should sing during your LP's. I know if I did a Sonic 2 LP, I'd sing Away Message Zone. Or Sex & Banana Bread during a MM3 LP.  8D

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18121 on: December 14, 2012, 03:11:32 AM
I'll sing the horribly translated Megaman X4 op for a 500 subscriber special, Trish's Taco town after I do Gourmet Race, and the Opera in FF6.  Sorry if I do sing your stuff, I'm not creative and it's freaking hilarious.  

Though for the X4 one I'll alter the lyrics a bit for the initial video and make the real one private.  I want to have a somewhat clean atmosphere, I'll say damn and maybe hell but not the f word and the like.  

I want to keep my singing a secret until that time because people can be turned off by it at first, it would make me not serious.  I will sing but not until later.

Then again people love Chugga's singing despite being completely tone deaf.  Proton Jon, however has a freaking sexy voice.  Seriously listen to this!

[spoiler][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mx0170WEsw[/youtube][/spoiler]

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #18122 on: December 14, 2012, 03:15:41 AM
I very much liked Sir Ron Lionheart. Shame he doesn't make new videos anymore. Probably too busy with his life.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18123 on: December 14, 2012, 03:20:51 AM
Oh yeah Sir Ron Lionheart is insane and awesome.  If you like him I recommend Pcull44444, he's the most random Lper I've ever subscribed to.  He hasn't been making videos lately because he has mono right now, though.

BEHOLD HIS 10,000 SUBSCRIBER VIDEO SPECIAL!

....Is it wrong that I'm posting some many videos now?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #18124 on: December 14, 2012, 03:28:30 AM
Yes. Yes it is. A proper banning is in order, I believe!  B(