Sakura Leic · 2815688

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #10075 on: June 17, 2010, 03:16:20 AM
What books are you selling?
A lot of random ones really: classics, religion, math, science etc.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #10076 on: June 17, 2010, 03:20:13 AM
A lot of random ones really: classics, religion, math, science etc.
Why are you selling those? And if you got any good ones, I might buy them. Any classics I don't have would always be welcomed.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #10077 on: June 17, 2010, 03:28:35 AM
My mom has a Kindle now, she can get any classic she wants and then some for a very cheap price.  Ah I find it hilarious that now technology can make paper back and hard cover books obsolete but it's a bit sad too, well at least she didn't get an iPad right?  Besides my mom gave up on religion a long time ago.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #10078 on: June 17, 2010, 03:31:37 AM
My mom has a Kindle now, she can get any classic she wants and then some for a very cheap price.  Ah I find it hilarious that now technology can make paper back and hard cover books obsolete but it's a bit sad too, well at least she didn't get an iPad right?  Besides my mom gave up on religion a long time ago.
Oh. Sorry, then. I just got this moral problem with throwing away books. =P Don't think they're the kind of thing you throw out. (except junkbooks and outdated versions).

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #10079 on: June 17, 2010, 03:33:26 AM
Yeah I don't like it either but it's my mom's desision not mine.  But like I said some of them are out dated or not useful.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #10080 on: June 17, 2010, 03:34:21 AM
Yeah I don't like it either but it's my mom's desision not mine.  But like I said some of them are out dated or not useful.
Yeah, no prob about that. And I used to have the same trouble with religion. Until I made my own!

Offline Dantonumanoa Ongdolota Amycronicon

• Unwholesome, unsavory and unintelligible
  • Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #10081 on: June 17, 2010, 03:35:02 AM
And I used to have the same trouble with religion. Until I made my own!
REPRESENT

I put on my [twin slasher] face.

I also go by Spectro D., Idylleaus, Malabar, and Dumb-bit Twofuck.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #10082 on: June 17, 2010, 03:38:38 AM
Yeah, no prob about that. And I used to have the same trouble with religion. Until I made my own!
Yeah plus I get 50% of the profits, which is good because my goal in life is to make an honest business so this could be a good start.

Also the only religion I believe in is karma, even though it's not a religion at all.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #10083 on: June 17, 2010, 03:40:15 AM
God am I?

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
Reply #10084 on: June 17, 2010, 03:42:17 AM
And I used to have the same trouble with religion. Until I made my own!
Yeah. You're that awesome. :D

SAMPLE TEXT

• Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #10085 on: June 17, 2010, 03:54:19 AM
I HAET MY LAZYS

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #10086 on: June 17, 2010, 04:00:18 AM
REPRESENT
It's simple, really.

See, religion isn't really about worshipping a huge entity. It isn't about blind belief either. It's about culture, and good ideals.

So you get a belief system. While I'm still not sure if I believe everything from the typical Christian/Catholic God mythology, there's quite a bit of evidence, so I choose to call "God" the entity that either created, or influenced the entire balance system everything around us is managed by. I don't think EVERYTHING around us just happened by coincidence. From culture, ideals, feelings, the beautiful "miracles" of life are just too much to be just one gigantic coincidence. So I basically do believe there IS something behind it all.

So you're taught to believe that God is good, that he wants what's right for you, and that he is perfect and always right. So to do as He would want, I just make up what someone who is "perfect", and wants love, peace and happiness for all, would prefer.

- Good versus Evil schematic, there's no doubt that while there's alot of grey areas, you can definitly make the effort to be good as much as you can, to how many people you can, while still maintaining your own happiness.
- Instead of making a mass about chants and prayers, why not make it about transmitting culture, help, and telling people about charity drives, helping the homeless, actually DOING SOMETHING instead of just praying for it for a long time? You can still pray, but why not do, as well? We're all Gods when we can.
- Belief system. Would a God punish a person who is good, kind and generous just because they haven't been taught to believe in Him? [tornado fang] no. So let's remove that from the equation.
- Respect for God. Wanna speak to God? Address Him as a friend. With respect. Not as an old and powerful master of all things, but as someone you can trust and truly help you. Even if you don't believe He's hearing, venting out helps. So it helps quite alot to have someone to listen. Helped me quite a bit in hard times.
- Bible schmible. Written by men, FOR men. So it's not a textbook. But I do urge the importance in learning about religions and their cultures. The Bible itself has quite alot of stories which, back then, in ancient culture, they were quite relevant in teaching morality and kindness to people. Why not teach them through new stories?
- Gay marriage? Allowed. For [tornado fang]'s sake, let people be happy. Same with all sexual practices that don't involve hurting anyone, or using anyone who is not aware or mature enough to know what they're doing.
- Abortion? Let's face it, a family who does not want a kid isn't going to make his or her life any easier. And a pregnancy can alter people's lives. Fetuses don't feel a thing. Allowed, but it shouldn't be used as an irresponsible contraceptive measure and people should still reap what they sow.
- Ideals you pass on? Tell your children to read and learn about cultures. Tell them not to lie, cheat or steal. Tell them to behave in front of others. Respect your families, as long as they respect you in return. Stand by those you love, and never betray them. Basically? HAVE COMMON SENSE.
- Confession? You don't need to say your sins, but if you do feel sinful, why not take a punishment? Like local volunteer work. Charity. Blood drive. Something THAT IS USEFUL AND NOT A WASTE OF TIME.

So, yeah. Be good to everyone. Be just and fair. Don't steal. Help who you can. Give and receive. Be respectful to everyone, of all religions, creeds and races. And be happy, while making others happy.

Makes sense?

Offline SoulAnimal

• PB's Fangirl
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Protoman? :3
    • View Profile
Reply #10087 on: June 17, 2010, 04:04:35 AM
Omg i updated my art thread and my RPMVania character is adorable! XD

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
Reply #10088 on: June 17, 2010, 04:08:23 AM
Ugh. I didn't know the PlayStation 3 was going to be the biggest of all the consoles of this gen. And yes, I know I could've bought a PS3 Slim, but I wanted to save by buying the original.

SAMPLE TEXT

• Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #10089 on: June 17, 2010, 04:08:38 AM
It's simple, really.

See, religion isn't really about worshipping a huge entity. It isn't about blind belief either. It's about culture, and good ideals.

So you get a belief system. While I'm still not sure if I believe everything from the typical Christian/Catholic God mythology, there's quite a bit of evidence, so I choose to call "God" the entity that either created, or influenced the entire balance system everything around us is managed by. I don't think EVERYTHING around us just happened by coincidence. From culture, ideals, feelings, the beautiful "miracles" of life are just too much to be just one gigantic coincidence. So I basically do believe there IS something behind it all.

So you're taught to believe that God is good, that he wants what's right for you, and that he is perfect and always right. So to do as He would want, I just make up what someone who is "perfect", and wants love, peace and happiness for all, would prefer.

- Good versus Evil schematic, there's no doubt that while there's alot of grey areas, you can definitly make the effort to be good as much as you can, to how many people you can, while still maintaining your own happiness.
- Instead of making a mass about chants and prayers, why not make it about transmitting culture, help, and telling people about charity drives, helping the homeless, actually DOING SOMETHING instead of just praying for it for a long time? You can still pray, but why not do, as well? We're all Gods when we can.
- Belief system. Would a God punish a person who is good, kind and generous just because they haven't been taught to believe in Him? [tornado fang] no. So let's remove that from the equation.
- Respect for God. Wanna speak to God? Address Him as a friend. With respect. Not as an old and powerful master of all things, but as someone you can trust and truly help you. Even if you don't believe He's hearing, venting out helps. So it helps quite alot to have someone to listen. Helped me quite a bit in hard times.
- Bible schmible. Written by men, FOR men. So it's not a textbook. But I do urge the importance in learning about religions and their cultures. The Bible itself has quite alot of stories which, back then, in ancient culture, they were quite relevant in teaching morality and kindness to people. Why not teach them through new stories?
- Gay marriage? Allowed. For [tornado fang]'s sake, let people be happy. Same with all sexual practices that don't involve hurting anyone, or using anyone who is not aware or mature enough to know what they're doing.
- Abortion? Let's face it, a family who does not want a kid isn't going to make his or her life any easier. And a pregnancy can alter people's lives. Fetuses don't feel a thing. Allowed, but it shouldn't be used as an irresponsible contraceptive measure and people should still reap what they sow.
- Ideals you pass on? Tell your children to read and learn about cultures. Tell them not to lie, cheat or steal. Tell them to behave in front of others. Respect your families, as long as they respect you in return. Stand by those you love, and never betray them. Basically? HAVE COMMON SENSE.
- Confession? You don't need to say your sins, but if you do feel sinful, why not take a punishment? Like local volunteer work. Charity. Blood drive. Something THAT IS USEFUL AND NOT A WASTE OF TIME.

So, yeah. Be good to everyone. Be just and fair. Don't steal. Help who you can. Give and receive. Be respectful to everyone, of all religions, creeds and races. And be happy, while making others happy.

Makes sense?
Wow. Um... what I had previously said was slang BUT...

...I agree with a lot of what you say here. Religion is far too much about "BECAUSE WE MUST" and not because it makes sense.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #10090 on: June 17, 2010, 04:21:19 AM
"Good I found my change."

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #10091 on: June 17, 2010, 05:37:35 AM
Wow. Um... what I had previously said was slang BUT...

...I agree with a lot of what you say here. Religion is far too much about "BECAUSE WE MUST" and not because it makes sense.
See? Religion isn't about believing, it's about teaching people how to behave in society. And as long as you create a good form of culture and integration, anyone can do it.

While so many religious fundies don't even know the definition of the word Amen.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #10092 on: June 17, 2010, 06:19:10 AM
- Instead of making a mass about chants and prayers,

"It's like those miserable psalms.  They're SOOOOOOOO depressing!"

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #10093 on: June 17, 2010, 06:24:58 AM
Ugh. I didn't know the PlayStation 3 was going to be the biggest of all the consoles of this gen. And yes, I know I could've bought a PS3 Slim, but I wanted to save by buying the original.

Funny thing: Mine (the origional fatty PS3) still works! XD

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #10094 on: June 17, 2010, 06:26:51 AM

"It's like those miserable psalms.  They're SOOOOOOOO depressing!"
I actually see God facepalming in my head whenever I see constant depressing prayer. I mean... would he WANT THAT?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #10095 on: June 17, 2010, 06:29:59 AM
I actually see God facepalming in my head whenever I see constant depressing prayer. I mean... would he WANT THAT?

Honestly, the God scene in Holy Grail is possibly my favorite scene in the whole movie.

God - "Arthur.  You and your knights shall have a task to set an example in these dark times."

Arthur - "Good idea, O'Lord"

God - "COURSE IT'S A GOOD IDEA!"

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #10096 on: June 17, 2010, 06:32:28 AM
Honestly, the God scene in Holy Grail is possibly my favorite scene in the whole movie.

God - "Arthur.  You and your knights shall have a task to set an example in these dark times."

Arthur - "Good idea, O'Lord"

God - "COURSE IT'S A GOOD IDEA!"
"Every time I try to talk to someone it's "sorry this" and "forgive me that" and "I'm not worthy"...

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #10097 on: June 17, 2010, 06:33:17 AM
"Every time I try to talk to someone it's "sorry this" and "forgive me that" and "I'm not worthy"...

God - "WHAT ARE YOU DOING NOW?"

Arthur - "I'm averting my eyes!"

God - "WELL DON'T!"

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #10098 on: June 17, 2010, 06:34:09 AM
rofl... nice...

"PB got Reply #10101... he went binary! O_O"

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #10099 on: June 17, 2010, 06:40:48 AM
God - "WHAT ARE YOU DOING NOW?"

Arthur - "I'm averting my eyes!"

God - "WELL DON'T!"
http://www.theonion.com/articles/god-angrily-clarifies-dont-kill-rule,222/

Kinda reminds me of this.